Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 (17725 Views)

Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable / Court Grants DSS Order to Remand Nnamdi Kanu Till July 26 / Supreme Court Adjourns Judgment On Adeleke’s Appeal Till July 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2023
sketcherJ:
you are brainless. In many places ATM is dispensing old notes, banks are giving little to no new notes, so what should people do? Go on a hunger strike until they can get new notes?
Your generation is brainless angry angry angry if you can't speak out when a cashier gives you old note, then don't speak out when you can't use your stock of old notes anymore. slowpoke angry
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by blowjohn(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2023
For 6 months? Haba naw.
I tot they'll say like 2 weeks
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by blowjohn(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2023
stallionng:
We the masses says no,
31st January we stand.no extension
Let those who packed money in their warehouses eat it.
No money for vote buying and election rigging.we want free,credible and fair election.

Inshort, no free warehouse money for the wicked grin grin grin cheesy grin wink grin grin grin
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ikaeniyan0: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Expediency is a key component which an extension would totally jeopardize
You have not been able to tell me how extending the deadline would not let the CBN achieve its aim.

If you're ask this in an exam hall or an interview, and you keep on giving replies that do not make sense, you would have been disqualified.

I asked you a simple question, I expect you to tell me why the deadline should not be extended even though the new money have not circulated yet and there will be scarcity of Naira notes starting from February 1.

How will extension of the deadline ruin the CBN Policy?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
They hv been shouting it,yes I know Abt dat,did they make d new notes available?so if u want to enter a cab or buy something worth 200naira as d new notes are nt available u will hv to do transfer of 200 to a conductor or a market woman.lts call a spade a spade o.
Yes they did, CBN has made the new notes available and have even warned that any bank reported still paying out old notes will be fined.
The Banks have New notes so don't blame it on CBN.
The lack of distribution is from your local bank and from us still accepting it from banks. Like i said in my previous comment, i made a withdrawal over the counter and old notes were presented to me which i refused. The cashier went in and brought out new notes.

And i understand from your prospective, but the deadline needs to stay or the point of the printing of new notes will become useless. The currency needs to be in circulation not being horded by thieves which is why the withdraw limits and currency change was implemented.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ayodeoba: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2023
Imustreturn:
No extension
it’s very obvious you don’t have a business you running

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ayodeoba: 10:13am On Jan 25, 2023
Angelfrost:
Senate is not serious at all!

The deadline was given since last year, why didn't you rogues speak on its enforcement?!!
lol you guys just continue talking like ignoramus! Yes the deadline was given since last year, but since then till now,no replacement for it, or you expect to dump the old notes in the bank and close my business down since then?

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by victooman: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2023
okpanachil:

Oga, it is intentional that the new number te is scarce. The injective is to compel people to embrace e-channels .
the withdrawal limit per account is 500k a week the money in circulation is not even upto 20k per person,,, let them kukuma eradicate the paper money and focus on e-transactions instead of this deceit
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by udeh3(m): 10:20am On Jan 25, 2023
Best CBN decision of the century
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ayodeoba: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Since CBN has been shouting to go deposit your old notes for months, anyone who still hasn't is brainless and deserves whatever he gets. They're not extending shit. tongue
you guys will just open mouth and start spitting rubbish out of your mouths, so if you are a business person that has a lucrative business, you would have since close down your business and deposits your old notes without replacement with the new notes? I still went to the bank yesterday,out of the 500k I took,it’s only 10k that is new note.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Angelfrost(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2023
Ayodeoba:
lol you guys just continue talking like ignoramus! Yes the deadline was given since last year, but since then till now,no replacement for it, or you expect to dump the old notes in the bank and close my business down since then?

Maybe you are quoting the wrong person here.

I don't live a life laden with excuses...!

CBN has a lot of issues, but so do the banks.

Most banks have not done their part in ensuring a smooth transition into the new currency.

Why have senate kept mute since then?!!! If all hands were on deck, the transition would have been faster.

Let's even face it... Even if you give till December this year, the issues will remain!
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Spiritmask: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2023
For now, e-naira is the best cashless form of transaction for petty business.

No bank charge no matter the amount of transaction in a day.

No ATM charges.

Fast transaction process.

You can customize the amount you want to receive.

Easy to use and navigate.

Easy to deposit the money to your bank account.

You can pay your bus fare of as low as N1 without charges or buy your N10 pepper without charges unlike in using bank app.

No looking for change.

Having an account with CBN.

Can be use to pay bus fare easily.

Instant payment verification.

Use of bar code to facilitate payment.

and more benefits I did not list.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ayodeoba: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

Maybe you are quoting the wrong person here.

I don't live a life laden with excuses...!

CBN has a lot of issues, but so do the banks.

Most banks have not done their part in ensuring a smooth transition into the new currency.

Why have senate kept mute since then?!!! If all hands were on deck, the transition would have been faster.

Let's even face it... Even if you give till December this year, the issues will remain!
it still boils down to the inefficiency of cbn, banks are within the control of cbn, why not compel them since to take the new notes? And besides,the new naira notes was just lunch in this January, I went to the bank yesterday to deposit the old notes with the hope of getting the new notes, to my surprise I was given back the old notes,I was just laughing at myself to waste such precious time. See it’s either it’s extended if not, Nigeria economy may be grounded
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by EnterpriseMan: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Ayodeoba:
you guys will just open mouth and start spitting rubbish out of your mouths, so if you are a business person that has a lucrative business, you would have since close down your business and deposits your old notes without replacement with the new notes? I still went to the bank yesterday,out of the 500k I took,it’s only 10k that is new note.
And i went to the bank on monday and took out 300k all new notes after rejecting the old ones. If they gave you old notes and you couldn't tell them you're not accepting it then that's your cup of tea.
And i run a lucrative business and i already run on new notes. And 80% of business runs on transfers and POS except you're a market trader. So what's your point
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by ifihearam: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2023
A quick painful reminder...for you to be president, you must have the highest number of voted and have a minimun of 25% of 24 states including FCT..

Do you really think your candidate can pull this off? hopes and faith dont win election, its all about practical reality.

If Tinubu a muslim is rejected in the North one wonders why an Igbo man has hope grin grin grin grin grin

Come rain or sunlight, atiku is the next president.

He is the only one acceptable in all geo political zones.

If care is not taken Atiku and Bat might get higher votes that obi in SE.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by victooman: 10:45am On Jan 25, 2023
Spiritmask:
For now, e-naira is the best cashless form of transaction for petty business.

No bank charge no matter the amount of transaction in a day.

No ATM charges.

Fast transaction process.

You can customize the amount you want to receive.

Easy to use and navigate.

Easy to deposit the money to your bank account.

You can pay your bus fare of as low as N1 without charges or buy your N10 pepper without charges unlike in using bank app.

No looking for change.

Having an account with CBN.

Can be use to pay bus fare easily.

Instant payment verification.

Use of bar code to facilitate payment.

and more benefits I did not list.
1)please does the e naira uses network?
2) can l download e naira on my itel or nokia small touch phones?
3) does all the people in the thick villages and the mam selling tomatoes and akara in my street have this e naira app?
4) if e naira uses network hope all the villages and every nook and cranny of this country have those networks?
if your answer is No to all this question please shut up ur mouth!! Nigeria did not start and ends in Abuja and Lagos,,, please some of u supporting this bullshit should travel most of you haven't travel out of ur cities since u were born,, so it is easy to come online and type trash,, ask ur parents 90 percent of food u buy from the market were are they coming from,, try and follow them to those villages and try using ur e- naira to pay for those commodities.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You have not been able to tell me how extending the deadline would not let the CBN achieve its aim.

If you're ask this in an exam hall or an interview, and you keep on giving replies that do not make sense, you would have been disqualified.

I asked you a simple question, I expect you to tell me why the deadline should not be extended even though the new money have not circulated yet and there will be scarcity of Naira notes starting from February 1.

How will extension of the deadline ruin the CBN Policy?

You’d have asked me what CBN hopes to achieve. I answered you believing you had idea, obviously you don’t. If you ask nicely maybe I’ll answer you reasonably
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by millionboi2: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2023
OptimistBrain:
Senate haven't said anything about the long queues all over the country, the scarcity of fuel no concern them, but na new naira note dy make dem shake for two weeks now.

Emefiele no extend anything!... The Senate aren't doing this for the masses but for themselves.
who told you,if thy need new naira notes,banks will take it to dial house.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2023
So you will use your old stolen fund to buy vote right?

Apc fear God.. after buying people coming for rally, you're still preparing to buy the poor man's right with money, very bad
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by millionboi2: 11:02am On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Since CBN has been shouting to go deposit your old notes for months, anyone who still hasn't is brainless and deserves whatever he gets. They're not extending shit. tongue
thy have no choice than to extend it,the new note is not available yet.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by millionboi2: 11:08am On Jan 25, 2023
gfelo:
If Emefiele achive this, he is going to be the best leader we need for this wicked politician in the country
you are not a business man,datz y u are saying this

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by OptimistBrain: 11:21am On Jan 25, 2023
millionboi2:
who told you,if thy need new naira notes,banks will take it to dial house.
Sure they will take it to their door steps, but such new notes will never be enough to bribe electorates.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Tunagee(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2023
OptimistBrain:
Senate haven't said anything about the long queues all over the country, the scarcity of fuel no concern them, but na new naira note dy make dem shake for two weeks now.

Emefiele no extend anything!... The Senate aren't doing this for the masses but for themselves.

Hahahaha grin grin
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Misterone: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2023
Najyin:
This war between CBN and NASS go sweet.
if there's no extension, there will be riots on the streets by the 2nd or 3rd because it is no ones fault holding old notes and no one will like his/her hard earned cash to go to waste just because of someone else's incompetence. As we speak, ATMs are still dispensing old notes

2 Likes

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by elpochas: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2023
shuttox:

Oge
Let the KEEP MUTE on this issue
Useless set of people
Reduce the anger abeg.I Sabi say everybody is angry.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by elpochas: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Yes they did, CBN has made the new notes available and have eve
And i understand from your prospective,e withdraw limits and currency change was implemented.
I get ur points,bt if Atm shud be pay me old notes,I shud also reject it?so most of us dat uses just ATM for withdrawal wot shud we do?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ikaeniyan0: 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

You’d have asked me what CBN hopes to achieve. I answered you believing you had idea, obviously you don’t. If you ask nicely maybe I’ll answer you reasonably
Lol

I was not rude to you while asking. Point at the rude words I use so I will apologize.

You said an extension will not let CBN to achieve its aim

I know what CBN hopes to achieve by introducing new notes and I know extending the deadline won't stop them from achieving there aims and objectives.

There might be something you know that I do not.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Ayodeoba: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

And i went to the bank on monday and took out 300k all new notes after rejecting the old ones. If they gave you old notes and you couldn't tell them you're not accepting it then that's your cup of tea.
And i run a lucrative business and i already run on new notes. And 80% of business runs on transfers and POS except you're a market trader. So what's your point
lol liar, oya tell me the branch of the bank you went to.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Flows001(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
AbdulAffiliate:
3 BEDROOMS SHORTLET APARTMENT IN MAITAMA ABUJA. ₦150K/night.

Visit our website for more information.
So person go cough out that amount just to sleep in the night?😲😯
This amount pass many people yearly rent ooo..
This life no fucking balance at all!! cry
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
kingjoe:
false information.
Not false bro... Customers still gave me the old N100 note last week..
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by okpanachil: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2023
victooman:
the withdrawal limit per account is 500k a week the money in circulation is not even upto 20k per person,,, let them kukuma eradicate the paper money and focus on e-transactions instead of this deceit

Now think about it, assuming but not conceding what you just said,does everybody need 20k cash in their wallet per time? The cash transactions for which you re reserving the 20k can they not be done via e-channels.

I know there are bottle necks around it, but they are not insurmountable.

No serious economy manages / handles cash the way Nigerians do.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sleekfingers: 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
[quote author=NaijaBookings post=120353034][/quote]

They shouldn't extend it ooooooo.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulmalik Dauda Dies In Car Crash / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC / Malami Asks Tony Ojukwu To Resume As NHRC Boss Without Senate Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.