Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 (17720 Views)

Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable / Court Grants DSS Order to Remand Nnamdi Kanu Till July 26 / Supreme Court Adjourns Judgment On Adeleke’s Appeal Till July 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by victooman: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
okpanachil:

Now think about it, assuming but not conceding what you just said,does everybody need 20k cash in their wallet per time? The cash transactions for which you re reserving the 20k can they not be done via e-channels.

I know there are bottle necks around it, but they are not insurmountable.

No serious economy manages / handles cash the way Nigerians do.
You have to make adequate preparation for a transition to a cashless policy,, no were in the world is cashless policy initiated in a rush and in unorganized manner like this too,,what is the network stability within the country,, how many people own a bank account ?what sensitization and effort did they put in place to caution the epileptic network in Nigeria,this are things any sane government will work on before making implementation,,beside why are they doing it now they are about leaving office ? why not start it early and sustain it? please check why this same policy fail in India.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by maasoap(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
purpinkx:
Like, we're supposed to believe they really care about the people?

Why didn't senate advice Nigerians to deposit old notes weeks before the deadline and embrace the online channels?

Dey play.

Online channels to buy Peper, tomato, bread, yam and pay taxi drivers grin grin grin. Make una dey use your brain small small

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by maasoap(m): 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
habsydiamond:
These politicians get tactics.... those new notes that are stuck somewhere was their fault they are the ones buy the new currency from the bank because of their buying of votes. If u extend am God go punish u ooo CBN governor. No dibo ko sebe this time. Na dem dey finish the masses

CBN wanted to replace 1.3 trillion naira in circulation with new notes of 200 billion naira! Is that not madness?
And yeah, no matter the little quantity CBN releases, those politicians are still the ones who will have most of it.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by maasoap(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
I stand with the Senate on these,all those saying they are doing it for their own interests don't know wot they are saying.Imagine the deadline is 31 of January and so many people hv already stopped taking d old notes as of yesterday.So many big shops hv stopped taking it,u cnt use it in d airport again cos those selling their have stopped taking it.The new notes are scares.So tell me why won't d deadline be extended when CBN and banks keep playing d blame game on d detriment of d poor Masse's.Or u think if a serving senator wants d new note he cnt get as much as he needs in a corrupt country like ours.Its high time we leave all these political bullshits and call a spade a spade.

Well, the truth is that 99% of Obi supporters believe that this will handle victory to Obi grin grin grin
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2023
alobright17:

You didn't dispute the fact that even the extension is till 2050 some will still wait and call for more .
Now one of the policies for the program is for people like you that keeps huge cash to stop it, see how you boldly saying you have 2mil cash when virtually everything this days can be bought and pay online.

Sorry for your hanging money but you won't say everyone of your transfers has been hanging and I don't even know the point you tried to make by brining the angle?

Villages without network has been in existence even when the old monies was changed and they still managed to keep up so that's never an excuse.

And remember I never said extending the deadline is bad but my point is even if they extend it people will still call for more extension True or false?

Excuse me? I'm a business man that makes sales above a million so what's your point?

I can see that it's because you are poor that's why your sense of reasoning is so myopic.

By the way what's two million in today's Nigerian economy?
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

And you don't have mouth to tell them you won't accept it?
On Monday i went to take some money over the counter and the casher brought out old notes. He packed them and was waiting for me to take it, i simply just told him i'm not taking that. He took it back, went inside and brought the new ones.
CBN has told all banks to come exchange all the old notes, so if a cashier brings out old notes and you accept it, then that's your problem.

I'm surprised you believe CBN told them but they refused.

CBN doesn't ask but gives order.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
victooman:
forget those fools brother ,, check well most pf them are young small boys 23- 27yrs old earning 40-50k in one office with no any business investment or ever engage in any form of business,, let them stay here and be yarning dust,,, when businesses closes down and that their little stipends could no longer get them a plate of food due to inflation they will have sense by force,,most of this boys haven't travel out of Abuja or lagos since they were born,,they dont even know were the food they are eating is coming from,, in their mind they are fighting senators who employed the bank managers ,,, okkk

You have said it all, reality will soon hit them.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
elpochas:
They think everything is all Abt politics.

Don't mind them
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by tiswell(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Senate are dumb
is
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by tiswell(m): 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
superCleanworks:
no. they better not extend it. let the country see small pepper 😁
e nor concern you so far ya mama dey still cook food give you.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Abrahamweb(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
They are shouting extension because it's will affect the stock pile couple with the fact that it's close to election.
Last time that Nigeria changed notes there was no desperation like this.
No extension period.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by superCleanworks(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
tiswell:

So Emefiele that says no extension is fed by his mother too?
over 100 days (3 whole months) and you still need extension till july?
People that mean business have gone cashless for long time and you are here crying. How much have you written in your invoice & accounts this year? Keep talking like a damned fool.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by alobright17(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2023
Sylva2147:

Excuse me? I'm a business man that makes sales above a million so what's your point?

I can see that it's because you are poor that's why your sense of reasoning is so myopic.

By the way what's two million in today's Nigerian economy?

Hahahahaha I’m poor because I begged you for alms or food? Reasonable business people has upgraded their businesses to online payment platforms even churches do advertise for their online accounts.

In the US you hardly see people with huge some of cash almost everything is online payment and you’re in shithole that’s why you still sees cash as the best option. Onye ala
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by IamAsiri: 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Lol after the elections right

If not for the scarcity of the new notes which CBN should have done something about even before releasing it, I see no reason why this crooked politicians should be dictating when the deadline should be. It's definitely not because they love the masses but solely for their own selfish interest.

The scarcity was quite intentional too cool.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
Supersymetry:
The reason Africa and Nigeria in particular cannot compete with other continent is Corruption, Wickedness and Selfishness. Wicked policies, Constitution etc
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Zelenskyy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
kingjoe:
false information.

Faulty perspective
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
alobright17:

Hahahahaha I’m poor because I begged you for alms or food? Reasonable business people has upgraded their businesses to online payment platforms even churches do advertise for their online accounts.

In the US you hardly see people with huge some of cash almost everything is online payment and you’re in shithole that’s why you still sees cash as the best option. Onye ala

I know you are still struggling to make ends meet so I don't have to go about arguing with you.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
tiswell:
You don't need to blame some of them because they are jobless and hardly see 10k so they got nothing to loose.

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by MrColdsweat: 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
This is why I insist that nigerians must vote labour party across all positions so that pdapc can die finally.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Sylva2147: 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
maasoap:

Online channels to buy Peper, tomato, bread, yam and pay taxi drivers grin grin grin. Make una dey use your brain small small
It soon shock them

1 Like

Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by Imustreturn(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ayodeoba:
it’s very obvious you don’t have a business you running
Pele

PO will win
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
purpinkx:
Like, we're supposed to believe they really care about the people?

Why didn't senate advice Nigerians to deposit old notes weeks before the deadline and embrace the online channels?

Dey play.
This is the foolish aspect of you ignominious irritants that beats my puzzles on your dumbness. Is anyone asking them no to change the currency color? When they fail to make their coloured currency available, is it the fault of the ordinary people?
Let them make their recolored currency available so we can obtain them.
Re: Senate To CBN: Extend Deadline For The Exchange Of Old Naira Notes Till July 31 by alobright17(m): 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Sylva2147:

I know you are still struggling to make ends meet so I don't have to go about arguing with you.
house boy forming online. Sense you no get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Pay N2.75bn Compensation For Coastal Highway Demolitions Today / Adebutu Pdp Faction Endorses Apm Candidate, Akinlade [full Agreement Pics] / Omisore: My Focus Is Governor Oyetola’s Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.