Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! (53255 Views)

Who has noticed this about travel section?? / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians / December Travel: Deciding A Destination For The Yuletide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Kennyfancy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ol
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nickisindigo(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

That ice cream be like wetin them blend ugu put. Beautiful pictures!

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Tonylordman(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Pls can u tell us a total of how much it cost from visa to flight ticket to and fro. GrOSS TOTAL

6 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by PotatoSalad(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nicee.
I hope to visit 6 countries at least this year. Just need to clear my head and set priorities this January.

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by benqo01(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
IT IS A MUST I GO TO SOUTH KOREA,MEHN I DEY ADMIRE DAH COUNTRY
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Seyioluwa11(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Love to visit south Korea one day

4 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Praktikals(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
grin
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Eriokanmi: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
I decided to travel to South Korea last year after developing a huge wanderlust to visit the country. I visited Seoul, Jeonju, Boseong, Namwon and Busan.

I found it to be a very beautiful country. Some of my favourite things include the food, ease of transportation around the country and Korean architecture. I will start off this thread with how I got my visa and how to travel from Nigeria to South Korea.

Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting South Korea. Please note that I do not know much about moving there. I will only be able to respond to questions about visiting as a tourist.

I hope you enjoy the stories. I will post as fast as I can but might be slow too... smiley
Great! I've never been there before despite having partners there. I look forward to visting someday. Though a friend who's a senior manager at Samsung said there's nothing so exciting about the country . He said he almost puked after eating their food lolz

8 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Sunnybabe(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
We gather dey follow u šŸ˜‰
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Adesina18111(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Following everywhere you go grin
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Innobee99(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
My God answer my prayers toošŸ™šŸ™
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
Getting a visa was not very difficult and it was also quite affordable ($40). I have an entire post on my blog dedicated to this information but in summary, if you are applying in Nigeria, you need to apply in person at least 14 days before your trip and you can either apply in Lagos or in Abuja.

I went with Qatar Airways and I found them to be one of the cheapest and shortest ways to get to South Korea. Qatar flies from Lagos to Doha and from Doha to Seoul. Once I arrived at Incheon Airport in Seoul, I got a SIM card and booked a bus ticket directly to a city called Jeonju. The bus ride lasted about 3 hours and it was very comfortable, clean and spacious.

I stayed in Jeonju for 2 days and really liked it. I visited the Hanok Village - which is where the traditional houses are, and then tried some of the food there - which tasted really good and spicy.
wooow so beautifulā€¦ I really wonder if I can enjoy other countryā€™s food like I enjoy Nigerian foodā€¦

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Chrissuarez2212(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Wow... beautiful

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Freeman911(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
Still waiting for your journey story.
I'm enjoying it[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
After my time in Jeonju, I headed off to a famous tea plantation in a place called Boseong. It was quite a journey to get there due to several connections but the scenery was very worth it. I spent a few hours roaming around and tried some green tea beverages like Ice cream and tea and cookies. I liked everything apart from the ice cream.
what does the ice cream taste like?
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:

I used a Samsung S21 phone
wow itā€™s really clear n sharp

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Positiveme2020: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Cholls:
My God when is my turn
Don't worry , put in more effort you will get there. I tried Canadian visa 3times and got refusal and the fourth time, I got it .

16 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Reinamaria(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
South Korea, my dream destination. šŸ˜

I fell in love with that country the day I watched one of those their K-drama.

A country so clean, with trees and beautiful night lights.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
Since I started watching Korean series last year thanks to Alchemy of Souls to visit Korea dey hungry me.
I wan go find Seo Yul marry šŸ˜‰ cool

Thanks to Extraordinary Attorney Woo a travel destination in Korea must be Jeju Island.šŸ„°

Before I nor dey reason South Korea until I started watching their series so far I have watched 5 Korean series. grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by adecz: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
donaldking10:
I've always dreamt of traveling to south-korea.
I believe they have the hottest set of chicks in Asia according to my taste.
Tall, Slim, Sexy, Portable-Ass, Moderately sized boobs, with a cute doll-like face.
Those south-korean chicks really freak me.

You think they have time for nĆ­**asā“

3 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Great! I've never been there before despite having partners there. I look forward to visting someday. Though a friend who's a senior manager at Samsung said there's nothing so exciting about the country . He said he almost puked after eating their food lolz
I donā€™t trust their food too

5 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
AmazonTopaz:
Since I started watching Korean series last year thanks to Alchemy of Souls to visit Korea dey hungry me.
I wan go find Seo Yul marry šŸ˜‰ cool

Thanks to Extraordinary Attorney Woo a travel destination in Korea must be Jeju Island.šŸ„°

Before I nor dey reason South Korea until I started watching their series so far I have watched 5 Korean series. grin
swearsā€¦ seo yul is such a fineeeee guyā€¦. I felt like entering through my screen wen I was watching alchemy of souls

4 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lamanii22:
I donā€™t trust their food too
Their food when I dey salivate as I dey see am for film.

Their food is a must eat grin

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lamanii22(f): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Their food when I dey salivate as I dey see am for film.

Their food is a must eat grin
hahaha šŸ¤£ but you wouldnā€™t want to try master parkā€™s foodā€¦. Inside alchemy of souls

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Goldbw122(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lostchild:
I have visited South Korea twice spiritually..
Spiritual man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by marostan(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tonylordman:
Pls can u tell us a total of how much it cost from visa to flight ticket to and fro. GrOSS TOTAL

I co-ask. Please give us a brief breakdown. This location is sounding quite fascinating.

6 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Blake755: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please what is the total cost including the flight because it seems to be a nice place for vocation
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by eventainment(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
How much did it cost you altogether the visa and flight ticket
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Desusi: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
ATEAMS:
Nice and insightful.,..

Y don't you like the ice cream ? Full of herbs ?

+ The hotel room seem you slept on the floor( no bedstand)
I guess sleeping on bed is against their tradition.

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by jideflows(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
I decided to travel to South Korea last year after developing a huge wanderlust to visit the country. I visited Seoul, Jeonju, Boseong, Namwon and Busan.

I found it to be a very beautiful country. Some of my favourite things include the food, ease of transportation around the country and Korean architecture. I will start off this thread with how I got my visa and how to travel from Nigeria to South Korea.

Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting South Korea. Please note that I do not know much about moving there. I will only be able to respond to questions about visiting as a tourist.

I hope you enjoy the stories. I will post as fast as I can but might be slow too... smiley
Busan is a beauty, kindly take a stroll to Ulsan on your next visit.. the city of Hyundai.. lovely shipyard n car manufacturing plant .. lovely people..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Pharaohny: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
marlow1962:
Nice šŸ‘

I no sure say I fit eat all these oyibo ppl dem food, cus e no go hold my belle.
Fufu or nothing grin

Bush man šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ lol šŸ¤£

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.