Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! (53357 Views)

Who has noticed this about travel section?? / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians / December Travel: Deciding A Destination For The Yuletide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by thatigboman: 8:40am On Jan 27, 2023
SmallDick99:
Pls what year was that?

I don't think is like that today
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by thatigboman: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2023
Seslie:
Before I quit this thread (after reading some of your funny comments), I'll just clarify a few things:

- I'm a reader of the Nairaland Travel Section - it's the only section I read or contribute to on Nairaland. Many people had been talking about wanting to read a destination post and I decided to share one of my trips so as not to be too passive here. Obviously a big mistake, lol
- I travel on a Nigerian passport - as a matter of fact, it is the only passport I have
- I take 99% of my pictures with my Samsung Phone and edit them with Lightroom.
- My blog gets enough traffic as it is. I tried to make my post here original for Nairaland. Even if it doesn't, I write for myself. So whether or not you visit, makes no difference to me.

I saw someone post a google photo of my exact photo. If you cared to look carefully, you would have seen that it came from my blog.

Anyway, back to becoming a passive Nairaland Travel Section reader. I think that's the best way to 'enjoy' this platform.

dont let what people say get to u. U are doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2023
acewines:

I happened to meet beautiful south Korean women and I chyke them, viola den agreed in fact we all dey bed now sef
Which app did you use
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2023
acewines:

The food were topnotch as well

Mhen you really need to be here
Is the food that sweet?
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2023
owagbeba:

Are you traveling on Nigeria passport? I am quite curious because you said getting a South Korean visa was easy, without a notarized invitation from Korean company?

And again crossing incheon immigration at Seoul easy? Boy…. Either you are on European or North American passport or you are selling your blog.

Hustlers…. Don’t try South Korean entry without a guarantor. When you present Nigeria passport as a first time traveler to Seoul, you will be taking into a room for questioning. They will check your funds, ask you questions about purpose, corroborate your answers with your guarantor’s. Finally if they think you merit an entry, your guarantor will sign a surety. If you fail entry checks… deportation straight!

E no easy o!
Good morning bro,
Is it quite easy to secure a visa with a company invitation?
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Sounds like an interesting journey.
For anything that takes me to South Korea, visiting Jeju Island is a must oo thanks to Extraordinary Attorney Woo, I have made research on the place.
Visiting Jeju requires having enough cash oo
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Yet the shalaye wey you don do ontop this thread pass 3 pages. Fear fear.

Fear?? Nah bro

We don pass such where women dey especially online women
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Akporuka(m): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2023
Nice one 👍.
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by TonyBankz(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2023
pocohantas:

That ice cream be like wetin them blend ugu put. Beautiful pictures!
I thought di ice cream was blended with Igbo
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Xiaohei(m): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2023
owagbeba:

I think this OP did not visit South Korea. He or she is just making this up for traffic.

Korea has very strict visa and entry requirements for Nigerian passport

Seems so! You lived in Korea before, fam?
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by logik29(m): 10:12am On Jan 27, 2023
My next stop was Namwon, a small town located a few hours away from Seoul. I found a nice, modern and affordable hanok (traditional house) hotel and decided to spend a night there. The hotel also had a beautiful garden with a nice pavilion right behind it. If you watch Kdramas, there have been quite a few dramas shot in this place. The meal in the first picture was from this town.
These place looks like songrim in the movie, Alchemy of souls
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2023
iykejohnson:

Visiting Jeju requires having enough cash oo

Tourist attractive places dey usually cost money.
Thanks for the info grin
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Xiaohei(m): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2023
owagbeba:

Hangumal aro? Bro, I criss-crossed Kimpo before they built incheon. Lived in harbangchon before they built noksanpyeong.

The above tells you a whole lot.

South Korean visa and entry is not easy.

My question again… did you use a Nigerian passport or just blogging for traffic?

OG! I knew when Noksanpyeong was commissioned. I lived Itaewon Gu, just off Noksanpyeong station and up hill. Beautiful place.
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Chee59(f): 10:44am On Jan 27, 2023
donaldking10:
I've always dreamt of traveling to south-korea.
I believe they have the hottest set of chicks in Asia according to my taste.
Tall, Slim, Sexy, Portable-Ass, Moderately sized boobs, with a cute doll-like face.
Those south-korean chicks really freak me.
South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of the world.
Like Japan, suicide capital.
India, rape capital and Nigeria, poverty capital.

4 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by N3TRAL: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Your darling OP created a thread full of downloaded pictures displaying crude dishonesty. Should you not reprimand her for that rather castigating innocent Nairalanders? Was she compelled to create a thread with pictures that don't belong to her?

You have limited idea on the subject matter and should do a research before defaming someone.

That you ran a Google lens search and Google's algorithm listed the images from this thread on the search results does not mean that she stole the pictures somewhere.

The OP runs a travel blog and had posted those pictures on her blog since last year. It's enough time for Google to display the images after a search. If I post my pictures here and you run a Google lens search, you'll find them littered all over the internet with links to my LinkedIn profile, newspapers and other platforms that I have featured. Some blogs republish someone's images online without written consent and credit.

The only way you can confirm that she stole the pictures is that you find a link to the same pictures which predates those in her blog. I doubt you did that.

For more than half a decade the OP has visited fine destinations across continents and has shared those moments with her thousands of followers.

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Tourist attractive places dey usually cost money.
Thanks for the info grin
Yes, oo it costs money.
And remember, Jeju is kinda far from where you gonna land while coming in. Just like landing in Lagos and heading to Sokoto or Maiduguri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by folake4u(f): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Sounds like an interesting journey.
For anything that takes me to South Korea, visiting Jeju Island is a must oo thanks to Extraordinary Attorney Woo, I have made research on the place.

Wallahi. If I ever visit South Korea, I MUST go to Jeju Island, Busan, Seoul and Itaewon.

I must eat ramen too. grin
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:09am On Jan 27, 2023
iykejohnson:

Yes, oo it costs money.
And remember, Jeju is kinda far from where you gonna land while coming in. Just like landing in Lagos and heading to Sokoto or Maiduguri
Interesting cool cool
I appreciate the update cheesy

folake4u:

Wallahi. If I ever visit South Korea, I MUST go to Jeju Island, Busan, Seoul and Itaewon.

I must eat ramen too. grin
You just wan visit major cities. cheesy
My own na to find Seo Yul marry angry
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AdeoyeAdefemi: 11:26am On Jan 27, 2023
Lamanii22:
hahaha 🤣 but you wouldn’t want to try master park’s food…. Inside alchemy of souls

master park food na punishment 😀

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by AdeoyeAdefemi: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
I have one that I want to give out as a gift, if you want it, come and pick it up whenever you're ready

If this is real, im interested 🙂
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by gforce5: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2023
OP, South Korea is a very beautiful country. I was there in 2019 for a lawyer's conference. Spent all my time in Seoul. Those guys are very advanced and organized. CCTV cameras at every train station and bus stop. I recommend that you visit the De-militerized zone (DMZ). It's one of the biggest tourist attractions in South Korea. Also, gangnam (the song) is named after the central business district. Nigeria is 30 years behind that country. It's not even funny.
I decided to travel to South Korea last year after developing a huge wanderlust to visit the country. I visited Seoul, Jeonju, Boseong, Namwon and Busan.

I found it to be a very beautiful country. Some of my favourite things include the food, ease of transportation around the country and Korean architecture. I will start off this thread with how I got my visa and how to travel from Nigeria to South Korea.

Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting South Korea. Please note that I do not know much about moving there. I will only be able to respond to questions about visiting as a tourist.

I hope you enjoy the stories. I will post as fast as I can but might be slow too... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 27, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

This is one of the mad people I was talking about. Bros change your weed supplier ASAP. It's obvious your brain is malfunctioning. change your weed and loud supplier

Yeah I actually agree with you. Forgive me
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Gerrard59(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
gforce5:
OP, South Korea is a very beautiful country. I was there in 2019 for a lawyer's conference. Spent all my time in Seoul. Those guys are very advanced and organized. CCTV cameras at every train station and bus stop. I recommend that you visit the De-militerized zone (DMZ). It's one of the biggest tourist attractions in South Korea. Also, gangnam (the song) is named after the central business district. Nigeria is 30 years behind that country. It's not even funny.

Nigeria is at least a hundred years behind East Asians. Na South East Asians fit get that description. East Asians should be compared to Western Europeans and North Americans.

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Eriokanmi: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
Nwachi22:

I’ve been to South Korea. Spent two weeks there. I love the country, beautiful scenery and landscape. I lodged at a hotel in Iteawon because I wanted to be close to my Ibo brothers. I visited Busa, Samsung yard in Geoje, All the markets in Seoul, Changdeokgung Palace, Seoul Tower, Bukchon Hanoi Village, Lotte World, Seoul National Museum, trick eye museums, etc. I ran out of cash, I would have visited Jeju Island, heard it’s an interesting place too.
Thanks, I'm encouraged

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Gerrard59(m): 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
N3TRAL:

You have limited idea on the subject matter and should do a research before defaming someone.

That you ran a Google lens search and Google's algorithm listed the images from this thread on the search results does not mean that she stole the pictures somewhere.

The OP runs a travel blog and had posted those pictures on her blog since last year. It's enough time for Google to display the images after a search. If I post my pictures here and you run a Google lens search, you'll find them littered all over the internet with links to my LinkedIn profile, newspapers and other platforms that I have featured. Some blogs republish someone's images online without written consent and credit.

The only way you can confirm that she stole the pictures is that you find a link to the same pictures which predates those in her blog. I doubt you did that.

For more than half a decade the OP has visited fine destinations across continents and has shared those moments with her thousands of followers.

If true, my bad. However, the onus is on her to defend herself in the light of "defamation". Keeping silent makes unsuspecting viewers/readers believe the images are not hers. She has a brand to protect, presumably.

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by marlow1962(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Pharaohny:

Bush man 🤣🤣🤣 lol 🤣
😌😌 I will stick to my African food o, make I cun go chop their mili Mili food then person go cun blow me I go cun collapse , hahaha no be and them o 🤣🤣
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by gforce5: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
I was even generous lol. Nigeria is actually 100 years behind East Asian countries. We don't even understand how behind we are compared to those countries. The most shameful part of it is that majority of these countries don't have any resources Nothing. Just their population. Their passports are now the strongest in the world. Countries that were dirt poor just under 100 years ago. I just weep for Africa.
Gerrard59:

Nigeria is at least a hundred years behind East Asians. Na South East Asians fit get that description. East Asians should be compared to Western Europeans and North Americans.
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by iykejohnson(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
AmazonTopaz:

Interesting cool cool
I appreciate the update cheesy

You just wan visit major cities. cheesy
My own na to find Seo Yul marry angry
Why you don't want to marry Jang Uk?
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Bearfruit(f): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
love not the world neither the things that are in the world,if anyone love the world the love of the father is not in him.
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by kizyalex10(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2023
owagbeba:

May I ask what visa status were you on for 5 years?
assylum
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Olam09(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
trueSeeker01:
tell us about racism in south korea

I don't think they are racist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card / Cambridge Student Dies After Falling From Plane (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.