Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread (40175 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out Rhodes-Vivour, LP From Jandor’s Petition / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by VULCAN(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Who exactly is "our?"

Bigbayour:

Seun,

That your comment does not justify the neutrality you have been preaching. It seems to me that you came up with this Trend to sell your half-baked Candidate to us.

We good People of Lagos are wiser than that, and we will not let it happen.

Continuity is our choice.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by YorubaNiBaba(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
saintrow1:
To Mr GVR
My question is simple and straightforward: I would like to know more about your identity. Who are you? Who are your parents? What Yoruba clan do you belong to? It is important to note that Eko (Lagos State) is a Yoruba state located in the south-west of Nigeria. We are seeking someone who is indigenous and native to Yorubaland. We are looking for someone who will protect, guide, uplift, and promote the Yoruba culture, traditions, heritage, and way of life. We do not want someone who is simply seeking to be a governor to drive the agenda of no man's land in Yorubaland. Thank you for your time.
GRVLagos, come answer these questions

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Lazyreporta(m): 8:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
You can't really abolish Agberoism in Lagos, infact in the SW region. It's seen as a profession over there.

I live in Ogun, they're everywhere including hanging out at my favourite restaurant. You come out of the restaurant and you're already surrounded by more than 5 able young men begin for alms.

You guys type without sense. So the west has more touts than other regions? Keep deceiving yourself.

As for this nation, the west still has the most advance people with less touts. Ipob, herdsmen, etc are all in west

3 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by shegz24(m): 5:54am On Jan 28, 2023
Doyou2019:

You really think this is a game
Your future in Lagos is up in flames, yet you still wan play
Dey play o. Na GRV you think say you dey fool? Na yourself and children o!

Let's even say you are right; what makes you think Vivour or Jandor are better or not even worse?

If Jandor was the candidate of APC or SanwoOlu was the flagbearer of PDP/LP will you be saying this?

What SanwoOlu has done in less than 4years as Governor is far more and more visible than what Obi did in 8years as Governor of Anambra, the same Obi many of you are painting as a messiah to lead the entire country.

How much less Vivour that you didnt even know existed 3months ago.

Confused lot clowning about.

4 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by AdaojoTheUrchin: 6:03am On Jan 28, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
That the Axe 🪓 is made of wood doesnt not make it one of the trees in the forest.

We the masses are the trees, Sanwolu and his under peeforman is just like that underwhelming Okowa in my home state of Delta.

Any real lagosian will perform better than the man from Iragbiji and his minions in Alausa
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 11:05am On Jan 28, 2023
Good morning everyone ! Tomorrow is going to be a big day, the Lagos Gubernatorial debate, please tune in to hear from me Live and direct !

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by mrupright: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2023
GRVLagos:

Again like an answer I gave earlier , a big part of my administration will be about transparency, lagos and nigeria has been held back by inefficiency and corruption, projects in Lagos cost 4x the benchmark, this is unsustainable we cannot get where we need to if we continue at this rate.
to make business easier I will improve transportation networks by increasing the quality of the roads and drainage , developing of rail, tram and water transport networks to reduce the pressure on the roads
taxation code and systems will be streamlined, with tax credits being provided for businesses and individuals to provide social goods
I will also implement state power generation so the electrical cost of doing business comes down.

the model of governance that I model after and seek to even exceed is that of the late great Lateef Jakande, a true man of the people and an excellent administrator and steward of the state
Lovely
Hope you succeed!
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by MrColdsweat: 11:28am On Jan 28, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
You can't really abolish Agberoism in Lagos, infact in the SW region. It's seen as a profession over there.

I live in Ogun, they're everywhere including hanging out at my favourite restaurant. You come out of the restaurant and you're already surrounded by more than 5 able young men begin for alms.
It's really worrisome seeing able-bodied men at every bus-stop doing owomida. What is more surprising is that yorubas seem to be very comfortable with it. I believe it is part of their culture.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by TraffyLaw: 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
GRVLagos:
Good morning everyone ! Tomorrow is going to be a big day, the Lagos Gubernatorial debate, please tune in to hear from me Live and direct !

Interesting great to hear , me and a lot of folks in this thread will tune in , I’m being more and more convinced about your candidates-ship ! You have my vote and support !

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 11:50am On Jan 29, 2023
Remember my good people, today is the lagos gubernatorial debate ! tune in and hear from me live on direct on my vision and policies for the better Lagos we deserve !

8 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by donbrowser(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2023
MrColdsweat:

It's really worrisome seeing able-bodied men at every bus-stop doing owomida. What is more surprising is that yorubas seem to be very comfortable with it. I believe it is part of their culture.

That trouble you people are looking for by putting mouth in Lagos business that does not concern you, you will find it one day.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by donbrowser(m): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
Calabar1stSon:

Learn to mind your business when you are far away from home

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Omoawoke: 3:35am On Feb 02, 2023
elantraceey:
I'm only going to tell you that you have my vote. Don't be deterred by naysayers who feel they're God and can decide who can win and cannot win. Do your part and campaign rigourously. I'm in Lagos and I see the little you've been trying to do. You can do better.
I can say who will win and mr water vapor will never win Lagos.
You spoilers of good work, carry your yeye LP to the south east. LP will never win one local government in south west. You wan put moo Igbo as Lagos governor. Not only Vavous, na water vapour
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by MrColdsweat: 3:59am On Feb 02, 2023
donbrowser:

That trouble you people are looking for by putting mouth in Lagos business that does not concern you, you will find it one day.
Mr man get lost.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Good day the good people of nairaland, I delivered my manifesto last night , it was in depth to show my plans and vision for lagos , it is very robust and produces an amazing vision and plan to deliver a lagos that works for everyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VgykX18MBc The State of Lagos Address by GRV, LP Lagos Governorship candidate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Seun(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
GRVLagos:
Good day the good people of nairaland, I delivered my manifesto last night , it was in depth to show my plans and vision for lagos , it is very robust and produces an amazing vision and plan to deliver a lagos that works for everyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VgykX18MBc The State of Lagos Address by GRV, LP Lagos Governorship candidate
Thanks for your address. Channels TV prevents us from embedding their videos on Nairaland. A PDF copy of the address will be very yusful.

3 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by marvellously(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2023
I have been reading your interview from the beginning of the thread up till now and I must comend your approach to the questions asked and the way you technically handled it. I must admit that although I don't leave in Lagos but lagosians deserve a governor like you as a matter of fact Nigerians deserve bright minds such as yours been elected into leadership positions but the system has been modified to keep folks like you out of these positions by deliberately frustrating your class of persons and its only the ones loyal to Godfathers and the likes that eventually are allowed but nevertheless my prayers are with you and when I come over to Lagos I would love for us to have a sitout as intellectuals on the way forward for our dear country
GRVLagos:
I will still be answering questions today, so please keep going people
but as we are here
I gave answers to alot of questions asked today in this interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ztI2u_Ta4

Also please engage and follow me on other socials, twitter: GRVlagos https://twitter.com/GRVlagos to follow my camapign and discuss the issues.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by MzErica(f): 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Workch:
sir, We want to get Peter Obi to Aso Rock, if that happens, just know that the euphoria will rub off on you.

It's key that Peter Obi wins so people will transfer that excitement to you in March. I'm telling fact here.
The chance of you winning increases astronomically if Peter Obi wins
3rd na him obi go carry.

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by dubra: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
You should just try and make that igbo dominated areas are protected from the Tinubu hawks, start campaigns around Lagos because we don't see you or your posters around Lagos like others,,

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Workch: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
MzErica:

Pandora supporters after the elections. 😆 🤣 😂

Una never see anything. 😆 🤣
Oya clean your cataract
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Chuksaluta(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
DiorPence:
1. Why bother contesting when you know you wouldn't win?
2. How will you cope with your landslide defeat at the polls?

Not everyone have a looser mindset like you.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by SIawomir: 8:52am On Mar 01, 2023
Damn niggar.

Grv my nigggarrrr..

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by PS712: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
GRVLagos:
Sir,
I have no doubt you will score the majority votes in the gubernatorial election in Lagos. My only concern is whether there won't be manipulation of the process to reduce the numbers? What plans do you have on the ground against such? These plans should consider all possibilities and design simple ways to overcome these obstacles.
Another possible way to reduce your votes is use of violence and disruptions, you have already stated on twitter that there's arrangement to forestall this. I suggest you group the people together and involve them in those plans, by so doing they'll be more equipped and confident to come out and withstand any harassment.
Most importantly, train only loyal, honest and dedicated people to serve as Polling Agents. These will be the footsoldiers that will safeguard the victory. Equip them with logistics for transport, feeding and ability to report incidences in real-time.
Best wishes my Governor!
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Omoawoke: 4:45am On Mar 02, 2023
GRVLagos:

You cannot speak Yoruba, you were insulting Yoruba calling them afonja and you want to become governor mr Chinedu

You will never smell that seat

4 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by 2Ways(m): 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Omoawoke:

You cannot speak Yoruba, you were insulting Yoruba calling them afonja and you want to become governor mr Chinedu

You will never smell that seat

Why are you crying on every thread?
I can see this LP candidate is giving you nightmare.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
blueberryacres:
Please go through the thread before asking questions, most of us here as asking repeat questions.
Anyways, Good Evening @GRVLagos
Do you feel like there’s a need for the proposed Lekki International Airport apart from saving the people of Lekki time in getting to the MMIA?
I feel that not only is it a “waste” of public funds, but a distraction by the current leadership in Lagos in order to brainwash citizens. There isn’t enough air traffic coming to Lagos to justify the need of a second airport. Even if it’s converted to a majorly cargo airport, those funds are better off invested in modernising the old terminal of MMIA.
My fear is that hundreds of millions of dollars might go into a project that’ll be abandoned or under-utilised like most of the “international” airports being built in different parts of the country today. We aren’t focusing on the main problems those funds can solve, but on essentially luxury projects that only a tiny percentage of the population can enjoy.
My main question is, will you take the time, if elected as governor of Lagos state, to carefully review the ongoing and future planned projects in Lagos in order to know where funds can be more appropriately utilised for the benefit of the majority of Lagosians?

At this time I do not believe the lekki international airport is a good use of resources MMA 1 and 2 can be upgraded and maximized, we need to improve the maintainence culture in nigeria and not just start over
all projects will need to be reviewed from a cost benefit stand point, and see if the returns on big projects are worth it to the good people of lagos

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics / Atiku Abubakar Speaks On EndSARS Protests, Violence And Shootings / Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.