Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! (23798 Views)

New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Profit Taking Takes Toll On Exchange As Indices Dip By N49 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Reelmii: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Marshal9:
Nothing like extension. Do transfer If money no de your hand that's the point of the whole cashless policy
so wen u enter bus,, u do transfer to the conductor abi....dey play

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by bluefilm: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
The bank managers are to be blamed for the shortage.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by emonis88: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Sai sai sai !!!!! Baba!!!!!!!!
Una no answer?
I can't hear u!!!!!👀👀👀👀👀
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by VULCAN(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Are you normal?

To change an entire country's currency in 60 days when 90% of the population have not handled a single new note a week to the deadline.

And you are talking of sensitisation?

Are you normal?

The deputy CBN governor said she does not know how many notes were printed.

How many villages have bank branches? So where will the millions living in villages see new notes when we in Lagos haven't seen.

Personally I have only got N3000 of new notes since this rushed process began.

I have N30k old notes and haven't been able to change them.

So...Are you normal I ask yet again?

Acidosis:

Rather than help with the sensitisation process, some people chose to frustrate the process by raising false alarm and threats right from day 1.

13 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by elpochas: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
[i][/i]
Marshal9:
Nothing like extension. Do transfer If money no de your hand that's the point of the whole cashless policy
so u go do transfer for both Keke and taxi.na WA for u o.

5 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
I say make i deposit the remaining hundred gees wey dey my hand for bank make dem no turn to paper after 31st. Dem still give me old one thousand naira notes on withdrawal again.
Damn!! 🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by stevnwigw1: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
jeromestarks:
No going back.
We in CBN are not extending the date.
We don't even know why you oeooysre complaining.

No going back on 31th January deadline.

Abeg, as money scarse like this, no go use your hard-earned money marry woman wey another man don fvck. Unless say u wan train another man pikin. U go die leave your property for pickin wey no be your own?

Fvck any girl wey open legs but wen u readi to marry, find virgin woman. Better make u suffer b4 u find virgin dan make u com marry ashawo girl wey go suffer u for marriage.

MAKE U WISE UP
e be like woman do you something for this life?

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
Typical of a zoo! Anything goes...nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Emdebby2: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Who do we offend for this country?

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by olumide4christ: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hmmm...

Below are the comments I made 2 days ago on 1 of the front page threads..

For those who think that it's the politicians that will suffer in this Naira re-design saga, they should think again!

At the bolded....you can say that again. Honestly, I just laugh when I see people on this forum claim that new Naira notes will stop vote buying by Tinubu.

It simply shows that it's either they are just plain ignorant or grossly unexposed to the lifestyle and activities of the rich and wealthy in this country.

I can assure them that anybody who has over N100 million up to billions in cash with an account or accounts in any bank in Nigeria or has stake to such value in those banks will have direct access to new notes before you and I.

I speak from experience, having worked directly and at different times, with 2 different multi-billionaires in Lagos during my days of paid employment.

And these multi-billionaires are just businessmen, not top politicians like Tinubu who know not just businessmen, but have Governors and Senators at their beck and call.

6 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by kokowe(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
We like transacting in cash too much in this country. Do transfer or POS to settle your payments. Or better still, withdraw low denominations of N100, and N50 if you want to transact in cash for small cash purchases..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Gboom: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
Many businesses will shut down on or before Tuesday deadline if there is no extension.
People have started rejecting old naira notes whereas the new one is not circulated yet. All the blame goes to CBN that is formulating a policy that will take medium time for full implementation within a short time know that level of literacy in Nigeria is very low

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by JB4life: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Biafraaa:
Nigerians like to act stubborn until they realize they can't beat the government. The same thing happened with NIN, the obedient ones did for free but the stubborn ones paid money to get NIN. I really hope CBN won't extend the deadline. 3 months is enough to take ur money to the bank and what's even wrong with transfer? You don't need to have 200k cash at hand. Use Mobile app, USSD etc. I so much love this new policy.

Don't mind them.

I only feel for our uneducated villagers , but in the long run , this is the best policy by CBN and Buhari administration in the last eight years.

Nothing good comes easy.

In the coming days, by God's grace, we will be witnessing continuous drop in the prices of goods and services

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by mmsen: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Pos charges 500 to withdraw 10k
We’re just deceiving ourselves that we have say in government matters, this politicians knows peoples opinion doesn’t matter

You’re fighting among yourselves and mass is suffering it, I blame people who supports evil even when it’s glaring at them
Where are they charging 500 to withdraw 10k?
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by teadrake(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
aylive02:
grin

Bulaba and his cohorts have been causing unrest in this country over the past few weeks. It is evident in today's osun judgement. May urchins and àgbàdo find no peace.
What a senseless post. Can't you pretend for once and look at the content of the subject matter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by johnbd: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Jut go cashless. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by YungMillionaire: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ayo25:
I thought they are targeting Tinubu ni and we are all happy about it grin

Because eebooes are dumb people. They are reactionaries with no ability to reason with logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by BossGerald: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
The CBN do not have a choice but to extend the deadline.

Nobody is extending anything...if you like cry from till infinity, na you go tire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by johannu(m): 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ransomware:
when dummies run a country no feasibility study is done before making policies

We do things before we think them through.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by JB4life: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Gboom:
Many businesses will shut down on or before Tuesday deadline if there is no extension.
People have started rejecting old naira notes whereas the new one is not circulated yet. All the blame goes to CBN that is formulating a policy that will take medium time for full implementation within a short time know that level of literacy in Nigeria is very low

Let them shut down for now and get up better later .

This is the best policy by CBN and Buhari.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Moneyyman: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bread is scarce here.

Bakeries said they can't produce cos most people pay with old notes, and they can't accept it.

It is well.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by olumide4christ: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Obaofaba:
As expected...

I don't know what our crime is that Emefiele is punishing us like this.

Is this naira redesign a punitive measure or what?

He wants to fight the politicians and tame their vote buying capabilities but being the novice he is, the masses will suffer for it while the original targets (politicians) will still have access to the new notes whether he likes it or not.

SMH!

5 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Supersymetry: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
Forced cashless policy, very wicked government.
Humanity is not matured enough for cashless policy, and the worst is developing countries, unless the economy is decentralized.
Centralized cashless economy = total control of the masses by the government (taking power away from people), and it makes it easier for external force to take over, just take the government then you have the people.
Anybody that supports decentralized cashless economy is against democracy, and must not criticize authoritarianism.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Saidfx(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I've already announced to my members that I would call down fire on anyone who brings his tithes and offerings in old naira notes.

We're going cashless for now, POS and transfer are acceptable don't tempt God. By Sunday, I'll be at the gate of my church with my Bell, operation show your offering and tithes before you enter the church.

This I have seen.

The poor old women in the villages will be doing transfer too...see ehn, I don talk am several times for this forum, nah self centeredness dey worry us pas...how can such wicked thing fly with a population of over 200mil people and most poor uneducated people living in rural areas..This country is not anywhere close to the western world. We have to take things easy and set our minds to the modern way of life with caution. If this policy should fly with the 31st deadline, definitely the current executive handers are worst than Satan and his armies. Spit

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by franugo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
Adjovi:
They will definitely extend the deadline. The money is not in full circulation yet. Some banks are not even putting money in their ATM again and those who have the new notes have regulated withdrawals on their ATMs to max 5k to 30k max.

CBN says they have given banks enough money, banks are saying they don't have enough. We don't even know who to believe. This country self ehn

How you will believe cbn over dmbs is baffling. Its obvious emefiele has decided to enforce the cashless policy, all other factors be damned. Why he is pushing the blame to the dmbs is beyond me

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by olumide4christ: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Padipadi:
Very stupid decision from whoever made it.
The govt keep making policies they did to tackle corruption but the masses suffer more.

But unfortunately, we have many Nigerians supporting the policy because they believe it is targeted as some particular politicians, oblivious of the fact that the policy will also hurt them.

Las Las...they will join those politicians to chop breakfast.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by olumide4christ: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ayo25:
I thought they are targeting Tinubu ni and we are all happy about it grin

Abi ooo!

But as we speak, Tinubu has access to new notes any which way while many people that were happy are trekking from one bank to another looking for ATM that has new notes.

We told them...Dem no hear... always supporting evil policies, because they feel it's targeted at their perceived enemies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by DMerciful(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Nope, it should not be extended
Parachoko:
The CBN do not have a choice but to extend the deadline.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by ojelu: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
This policy is the best so far, some people are just talking without thinking of what corrupt people has done to Nigeria. A case study one formal government official in my area, this man can give u 10m. Without going to bank.
By and large, 31 January is not going back, if u r short of cash abeg do transfer, back to cashless policy. Long life Mr president, long life Emefele

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by olumide4christ: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
Biafraaa:
Nigerians like to act stubborn until they realize they can't beat the government. The same thing happened with NIN, the obedient ones did for free but the stubborn ones paid money to get NIN. I really hope CBN won't extend the deadline. 3 months is enough to take ur money to the bank and what's even wrong with transfer? You don't need to have 200k cash at hand. Use Mobile app, USSD etc. I so much love this new policy.

Can't you people understand the problem here?!

The problem here is not people depositing old notes..THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE BANKS DON'T HAVE NEW NOTES TO DISPENSE TO NIGERIANS... THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

Today, From Mushin to Ilupeju, the bank ATMs aren't dispensing and they say the reason is that they are still expecting the new notes from CBN, as at 10-11am this morning.
Yesterday, the 3 Access Bank branches on Ogunlana drive Surulere didn't have money in their ATMs, likewise GTB at Masha roundabout.

Blame the CBN, NOT INNOCENT NIGERIANS!

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by babaijebue(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Emefiele Emefiele Emefiele, your days in office are numbered. Jagaban is coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Keys To Long Term Success In Your Business!!!! / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad / 5 Subtle Ways People Waste Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.