Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! (23808 Views)

New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Profit Taking Takes Toll On Exchange As Indices Dip By N49 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by GENES11S: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
blueberryacres:
It’s like they’re purposely doing this to force is to go cashless.
I would’ve said that they’re trying to reduce the amount of naira in circulation, which might improve our economy but them no smart like that

grin grin grin grin
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Biafraaa:
Nigerians like to act stubborn until they realize they can't beat the government. The same thing happened with NIN, the obedient ones did for free but the stubborn ones paid money to get NIN. I really hope CBN won't extend the deadline. 3 months is enough to take ur money to the bank and what's even wrong with transfer? You don't need to have 200k cash at hand. Use Mobile app, USSD etc. I so much love this new policy.

Do you live in Nigeria ??
ATMs are Still dispensing old naira notes at various banks, especially in Lagos. Some don't even have money in their ATMs. Nigerians are really suffering. It's impossible to phase out old naira note just within a month! They should have considered the deep rural and riverine areas without access to banks as they only deal with raw cash. Even in saner climes it takes time and few years to fizzle out old notes, before the new ones circulate fully into the system. Even the UK is currently doing same thing!
They are already accusing themselves of political witch-hunt within their ranks and it's the Nigerian masses that are bearing the full brunt!
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
Marshal9:
Nothing like extension. Do transfer If money no de your hand that's the point of the whole cashless policy

What about those without access to banks in the deep rural and riverine areas ??
They only deal with cash!

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Biafraaa: 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Do you live in Nigeria ??
ATMs are Still dispensing old naira notes at various banks, especially in Lagos. Some don't even have money in their ATMs. Nigerians are really suffering. It's impossible to phase out old naira note just within a month! They should have considered the deep rural and riverine areas without access to banks as they only deal with raw cash. Even in saner climes it takes time and few years to fizzle out old notes, before the new ones circulate fully into the system. Even the UK is currently doing same thing!
They are already accusing themselves of political witch-hunt within their ranks and it's the Nigerian masses that are bearing the full brunt!
What do you mean by within a month? 3months was given. In all those 3months what were you doing until it's closing up to the deadline day?
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by maasoap(m): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Pos charges 500 to withdraw 10k
We’re just deceiving ourselves that we have say in government matters, this politicians knows peoples opinion doesn’t matter

You’re fighting among yourselves and mass is suffering it, I blame people who supports evil even when it’s glaring at them

Some people here said that they like it because it will make Tinubu unable to buy votes grin grin grin. Everyone should wait till next week to see the real hardship that this hasty economic decision will bring down on the citizens

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by maasoap(m): 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
WibusJaga:

Testing the mic for a cashless system. cheesy
Even if we must embrace cashless economy, is this how to go about it?
Why the rush? Why not adequate new notes?
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by maasoap(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Adjovi:
They will definitely extend the deadline. The money is not in full circulation yet. Some banks are not even putting money in their ATM again and those who have the new notes have regulated withdrawals on their ATMs to max 5k to 30k max.

CBN says they have given banks enough money, banks are saying they don't have enough. We don't even know who to believe. This country self ehn

CBN is lying! They printed 200 billion naira new notes to replace 3.1 trillion naira of old notes in circulation just because Emefiele and Buhari want to go cashless
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by maasoap(m): 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
I don't see many Zombiedients applauding Emefiele and Buhari today. I think this policy is hitting them too now grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by maasoap(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
Marshal9:
Nothing like extension. Do transfer If money no de your hand that's the point of the whole cashless policy

Nigeria must be the first country to embrace cashless economy in whole world, lol.
Why this cashless policy if I must ask?
All those rural dwellers must be embrace cashless economy? All the uneducated too? Those taxi and danfo drivers too? All those illiterate petty traders too? Too many sick people in this country
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Regex: 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Why haven't you been able to change them?? LOL.

You guys are funny. Even if CBN gives you 1,000 days to fix yourself up, your argument won't change. A year after they told Nigerians to get their BVN done, we saw the volume of complaints.

I'm not making excuses for Emefiele. I've always known him for incompetence but I would rather allow him carry on with that incompetence till the end of Bubu's tenure.

When the criminal was printing notes without mercy and sharing to his colleagues in the north, where were you and your useless drug lord?? The ma.d guy even encouraged Emefiele to print more Naira during COVID-19 and wasted no time in shutting down Nigerians who complain about forex. In his words "Nigerians don't spend dollars..."

It's less than 30 days to the general election and the ma.d man suddenly realised the need to love the masses.

The pain and suffer must go round. If you think the politicians will give a fvk about your scarcity by March 15th, immediately after the gubernatorial elections, then you're on a long thing.

No apologies whatsoever about my position on this matter.

I want to ask you one question, and I will tag the above to the answer, or you help me tag him.

If one goes to pay in the 30k into bank without withdrawing, won't the bank accept it and actually make provision for those who wants to deposit?
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by stagger: 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Biafraaa:

What do you mean by within a month? 3months was given. In all those 3months what were you doing until it's closing up to the deadline day?

When did the president launch the currency? When was it rolled out?

You claim to have a brain but you cannot decipher that December 15 till date is NOT three months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by stagger: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Make una prepare o.

Na so mark of the beast will be rolled out. When u realize you have no means to buy or sell, you will either take the mark or hold firm and either be executed, jailed or be on the run for 3.5 years.

It is all there in Revelation 14 to 16 and all what you see is a test run.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by NaBanga: 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
The older I get, the more I believe that black people are not able to govern themselves. It's very sad. cry
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Illegal1(m): 1:03am On Jan 28, 2023
Marshal9:

nah every body sabi do transfer?

dis tin must be extended..
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Illegal1(m): 1:07am On Jan 28, 2023
BreconHills:

I thought you were all celebrating how this was a genius move to check mate vote buying and checkmate pdp and apc a short while ago?

don't mind him...

last last nah every body go chop dis break fast..
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Illegal1(m): 1:09am On Jan 28, 2023
Benitoh:
Who can imagine how the malians and Ghanaians laugh at and makes a mockery of Nigerians.

Peter obi is our brighter hope and way forward as a country.

bros abeg remv peter obi frm dis mata wen dy ground now...
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Illegal1(m): 1:10am On Jan 28, 2023
backnbeta:
I believe only Tinubu supporters are suffering as projected by obidients undecided

don't mind them...
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Illegal1(m): 1:12am On Jan 28, 2023
Biafraaa:
Nigerians like to act stubborn until they realize they can't beat the government. The same thing happened with NIN, the obedient ones did for free but the stubborn ones paid money to get NIN. I really hope CBN won't extend the deadline. 3 months is enough to take ur money to the bank and what's even wrong with transfer? You don't need to have 200k cash at hand. Use Mobile app, USSD etc. I so much love this new policy.

meaningless talk...
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 5:37am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:
Very stupid decision from whoever made it.
The govt keep making policies they did to tackle corruption but the masses suffer more.
Your govt, your party APC. Live and deal with your mess. Certified urchin.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by onyxo76(m): 6:25am On Jan 28, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Before i see 10K collect today for POS, most of them said no cash.
you lucky, na 2k the operator give me...on top say i be regular customer. ko funny rara.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by DollarSigns(m): 6:52am On Jan 28, 2023
Universe8888:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/01/27/confusion-as-new-naira-note-shortage-takes-toll-on-nigerians/%3famp=1

The naira redesign is indeed a good one
If the incumbent president can leave behind a legacy of credible elections coupled with the naira already redesigned then he’ll have done so much for Nigeria in his going days.
The shortage of naira caused by naira redesign will result in adjustment of the local inflation we’re currently facing.
The new withdrawal rules will make it for the effective control of the volume of money in circulation
Las las Tinubu with his 32 billion $ fortune can rest
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Padipadi(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2023
MiaBeer:

Your govt, your party APC. Live and deal with your mess. Certified urchin.
Na my moniker you dey follow upandan!
When motor jam you now don't say it's your village people
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 7:00am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Na my moniker you dey follow upandan!
When motor jam you now don't say it's your village people
If moto no jam you this week, then I will upgrade your problem. You don buy market be that.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Padipadi(m): 7:14am On Jan 28, 2023
MiaBeer:

If moto no jam you this week, then I will upgrade your problem. You don buy market be that.
I ll gladly see you are frustrated. If motor no jam your mouth you are a bastard
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

I ll gladly see you are frustrated. If motor no jam your mouth you are a bastard
May God mercy on your soul. Sunreo!

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Padipadi(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2023
MiaBeer:

May God mercy on your soul. Sunreo!
I ll not die but to live and declare the works of God in the land of the living.
It's you that ll die untimely.
Rest in peace!
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

I ll not die but to live and declare the works of God in the land of the living.
Rest in peace!
Sun re o oh BAT urchin.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Padipadi(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2023
MiaBeer:

Sun re o oh BAT urchin.
Awo re lo, maa sun re.
Rest in chaos!

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Awo re lo, maa sun re.
Rest in chaos!

Awo re lo, maa sun re.
Rest in chaos!

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by MiaBeer(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Rest in peace!
You’re scared to die. You no wan meet the virgins again? This is the first day are you’re crying. Cry cry baby

1 Like

Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Phraences: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2023
Reelmii:
so wen u enter bus,, u do transfer to the conductor abi....dey play

No mind the mumu man. Bus conductors still dey use old note. Banks are not even giving new notes. Nigerians are not at fault in this issue.
Re: Confusion As New Naira Note Shortage Takes Toll On Nigerians!! by Padipadi(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2023
MiaBeer:

You’re scared to die. You no wan meet the virgins again? This is the first day are you’re crying. Cry cry baby
I v been responding a kid. No vex. Take food cos I m not replying you anymore..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Keys To Long Term Success In Your Business!!!! / 5 Subtle Ways People Waste Money / Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.