Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? (21205 Views)

Increase In The Price Of Water / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by dayleke: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Loverboi2cute:

u sound like pesin wey don chop life b4; old taker... dunno bout nw

well i can relate shaa to d extravaganza....when u hold d mulla.. they're just like tiny flies to you

more fundz to our aza

....chop life b4?
God forbid.
As long as baba God gives me breath, I go dey chop life dey go. 👌
You only live once, but chop life with sense.

Exactly, when you hold the mulla is d key word.
Dead presidents make the world go round and they get things done.

Amen to d prayer bro.
More funds to our aza...🙏

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

I guess it’s 10eleven restaurant and lounge… the place is quite swanky and luxurious.
It’s in 3rd avenue, Gowon estate.
If you no get money no near there oo, dem no send you come😂😂😂

Search on ig @10elevenofficial
I haven’t been there but just googled it. It’s outrageous even on the luxurious of place in V.I it doesn’t get pass this and the ambiance and serenity would be more than this

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by madridguy(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Close or over a million naira for food grin that your friend must a very funny person.

juman:
Even if someone is ready to pay the bill, I dont think I would eat jollof rice that cost twenty thousand naira.

A friend had made joke many times of taking me to restaurant that might cost over one thousand euro for two of us (most expensive restaurant around here).
Never. I be poor person, I would not eat food that cost more than fifteen euro or twenty euro at most.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by noobody(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.

Please what is the name of the place in egbeda?
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by obam41363: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, forget, it's not about being poor.
Lots of folks I assure you can easily spend 2k. The issue is does it make sense? Anyone that works for his money will not spend it recklessly, unless you collect 20% igr from eg one of the states.
Charge dangote 2k for a bottle of water and he will look at you twice.

Bro, in Germany, 75cl of sparkling water sells for at least 3•50 pounds. You can look it up on the internet. You talked about dangote thinking twice on buying a bottle of water for 2k cheesy...I laugh.....Otedola spent 4 million dollars to rent a yatch for his birthday that didn't take more than 5 hours and u are here thinking dangote cares if a plastic bottle water costs 2k. Bro, . I repeat, there's a level of financial comfortability u will attain, price tags won't be an issue to you. If you are crying over spending 2k on bottle water, we might as well say that those who rent an apartment at eko Atlantic city for #180 million are money wasters

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

lol, Crockpot is a buffet restaurant in Sheraton Ikeja. You pay a certain amount and the eat all you can. They have all sorts of dishes on display. From continental, to African, sweets, deserts etc. If you like sit there for the next 2 hours sampling all the chops till you burst. That fixed price covers it all.
You only pay for your drinks eg, wine, water

Do you know how much is Sheraton buffet I have been craving one last i eat was 4 months ago at Marriot hotel ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by juman(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
madridguy:
Close or over a million naira for food grin that your friend must a very funny person.

Yeah. He grew up in abroad.

Rice is rice, chicken is chicken, carrot is carrot.
There is no way I would pay very high price for meal of food.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Madridstar(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Papichulostunne:

Birdman feat. Young thug and rich hommie quan
lol.. dey play

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by jibrilELsudan: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
2K SEY WETIN

NA WOTA WEY JESUS TURN INTO WINE?

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by madridguy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
No wonder he want to use an amount able to start a capital project in Nigeria on food.

juman:

Yeah. He grew up in abroad.

Rice is rice, chicken is chicken, carrot is carrot.
There is no way I would pay very high price for meal of food.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
obam41363:

Bro, in Germany, 75cl of sparkling water sells for at least 3•50 pounds. You can look it up on the internet. You talked about dangote thinking twice on buying a bottle of water for 2k cheesy...I laugh.....Otedola spent 4 million dollars to rent a yatch for his birthday that didn't take more than 5 hours and u are here thinking dangote cares if a plastic bottle water costs 2k. Bro, . I repeat, there's a level of financial comfortability u will attain, price tags won't be an issue to you. If you are crying over spending 2k on bottle water, we might as well say that those who rent an apartment at eko Atlantic city for #180 million are money wasters
Hmm, let me supprise you.
Those folks you think are so rich, they overlook small things like 2k water, they are the ones that scrutinize tiny tiny cost the most. They are the ones that price and over bargain.
You will assume because they are billionaires, they don't have value for money. Omo, in my younger days, I have done PA work for 2 of such people. The way they even price "roasted agbado", you go weak. It's a different thing if they drive pass and drop thousands for the corn seller as dash. But to buy, they price like hell. They are not money miss road.
You mentioned otedola, let me not talk much, but I know him, forget that he paid millions for yatch, that is for him and his family. I assure you, he is not a money missroad. Neither will he spend carelessly.
As per water, possibly the most expensive brand is Evian. It sef no cost 3.50 gbp for 75cl. Howww!!
Abi no bi same abroad I de visit almost monthly? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Gidigrav(m): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
You no go reason am if better cash dey man make God make way
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by MacDodger: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing cheesy, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.
is this 10eleven
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

I haven’t been there but just googled it. It’s outrageous even on the luxurious of place in V.I it doesn’t get pass this and the ambiance and serenity would be more than this

Bros forget men Dey ball in the place o… last time I was there, I had fried rice rice and chicken skewers plus water for 25,500 the water is actually 1,500 the chicken 19,500.
The point is they created a place that’s very different from the usual.
A take away package alone without any thing in it is about 3,500 and it’s machine sealed.
One of a kind on the mainland.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
obam41363:

Are you comparing a yatch to a 2k water?

You never really roll with rich people who actually work for their money, not broke yahoo boy who suddenly hit some chicken change to come and brag in the neighborhood. If you roll with rich people, you will know they won't pay 2k for water they can easily get for 100 naira.
They price things to the lowest.

They will tell you they didn't become rich by spending stupid money.
There was a story of dangote on nairaland frontpage sometimes ago about him pricing 5k parking ticket when others were 2k, the parking meter lady saw dangote and jacked up the price cos he thought he would pay.. dangote said no and held the line till he paid 2k like everybody else.

Shey na poverty dey worry dangote like that?

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

Do you know how much is Sheraton buffet I have been craving one last i eat was 4 months ago at Marriot hotel ikeja.
Forget that Marriott, I think personally crockpot is the best. Their dinner is about 18k, lunch is cheaper, about 16k.
Dinner from 7 to 10pm.
Make sure you open your tummy well so you can get value for money. Lol.
Dont rush oh, start small small doing tasting tasting. When you taste eg goatmeat peper soup. Abandon it and try the cow leg. Then go to continental, from there to fruits, to stir-fry. Make sure you try everything as they have a wide range.
Bros no shy, na your money.
Dont mind me. Just kidding. Enjoy. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by NinjaXmetahuman: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Hmm, let me supprise you.
Those folks you think are so rich, they overlook small things like 2k water, they are the ones that scrutinize tiny tiny cost the most. They are the ones that price and over bargain.
You will assume because they are billionaires, they don't have value for money. Omo, in my younger days, I have done PA work for 2 of such people. The way they even price "roasted agbado", you go weak. It's a different thing if they drive pass and drop thousands for the corn seller as dash. But to buy, they price like hell. They are not money miss road.
You mentioned otedola, let me not talk much, but I know him, forget that he paid millions for yatch, that is for him and his family. I assure you, he is not a money missroad. Neither will he spend carelessly.
As per water, possibly the most expensive brand is Evian. It sef no cost 3.50 gbp for 75cl. Howww!!
Abi no bi same abroad I de visit almost monthly? shocked
lol leave him.

He is so ignorant.

I know one man like that ehn. Very rich o like if I say his name a good number of people will know him.

Man said his maid his cheating him whenever she goes to buy groceries. Now he enters market price meat and food by himself grin

I'm talking about someone that could literally buy the entire market if he wants to..

But he was like he hates cheating. He is already over paying the maid, so why is she getting extra money off the groceries.

I Was just laughing.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
Are you comparing a yatch to a 2k water?

You never really roll with rich people who actually work for their money, not broke yahoo boy who suddenly hit some chicken and come to neighborhood to brag. If you roll with rich people, you will know they won't pay 2k for water they can easily get for 100 naira.
They price things to the lowest.

They will tell you they didn't become rich by spending stupid money.
There was a story of dangote on nairaland frontpage sometimes ago about him pricing 5k parking ticket when others were 2k, the parking meter lady saw dangote and jacked up the price cos he thought he would pay.. dangote said no and held the line till he paid 2k like everybody else.

Shey na poverty dey worry dangote like that?
Exactly my point.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by EBEk101(m): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mine, I took two bottles of cider at one enclosed bar close to Chisco 4K each, which I was already complaining of being expensive, using my atm card to pay the attendant said I will pay for pos charges

Lagos nah one over hype expensive city

4 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by kingsceemark(m): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.

Na who even carry you go there at first place? You want to do big boy but money fail you
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

Bros forget men Dey ball in the place o… last time I was there, I had fried rice rice and chicken skewers plus water for 25,500 the water is actually 1,500 the chicken 19,500.
A take away package alone without any thing in it is about 3,500 and it’s machine sealed.
For real? shocked
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by optm(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
faithfull18:
Maybe it's Holy water. You paid for perception, packaging, class etc.
which in itself isn't value to the individual
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Anunakeeh: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Asour:

Not really.

People are different.

Joseph Cyril Bamford & James Sinegal were rich but still parsimonious.

Depends on the kick one gets out of spending.

Thank you. You are the only one who is intelligent and reasonable to detect my sarcasm. I get you Jare.

I was actually being sarcastic.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

Bros, pls don't waste your money there again. Take you 16k for lunch or your 18k for dinner. Drive to Lagos Sheraton, go and chop correct buffet. Infact hold Andrew's liver salt in your pocket. Unlimited feeding with veriety.
25k for chicken and chips in Egbeda? shocked can the ambiance be better than average JD Weatherspoon where I de chop steak, burger with chips or half chicken and chips, all with gravy and kopperburg cider with ice all for 19 pounds for 2 plates? Naija shaa. Seems una too get money.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Anunakeeh: 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
Please you Stewpid people should Stop mentioning me. I'm not the Cause of your Frustrations☺
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Yadid(m): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
I wonder why some people are quick to think you have a poverty mentality if you are not being wasteful and flamboyant with money.

I'm a staunch believer in value for money. How does the value of a bottle water correspond to the price (2k) when we are not in the Sahara desert where water is scarce?

Even a plate of chicken and chips for 10k is suspect, but I'll give that a benefit of doubt.

To each his own!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Yadid:
I wonder why some people are quick to think you have a poverty mentality if you are not being wasteful and flamboyant with money.

I'm a staunch believer in value for money. How does the value of a bottle water correspond to the price (2k) when we are not in the Sahara desert where water is scarce?

Even a plate of chicken and chips for 10k is suspect, but I'll give that a benefit of doubt.

To each his own!
Supprisenly, I checked the site, 19k or so for stick of chicken oh, sea food stick 25k. Water seems to be about that amount too.
Anyway, seems those rich enough will buy it.
As for me, I believe in value for money.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Dshocker(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

Egbeda is a local place, no matter the type of structure one can set up shouldn't charge more than 1k for a bottle water.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Slurity(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Even Dangote don't eat such expensive food, though we need to chil out once in a while, but sense demands that we get value for every Kobe spent, else we are foolish.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Bros, where in Egbeda is that joint and what is the name?
Not that I doubt your story, but I am yet to see a joint in Egbeda that expensive to the extent a bottle of water is 2k.

Na 10eleven, na the only place with that kinda outrageous prices. The place is very cool tho, not all restaurants on the island can actually stand it. 💯
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Beautifulsoul97: 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2023
olab059:

Please what's the name of the Restaurant? And what part of Egbeda? Akowonjo? Egbeda-Idimu road?

10 Eleven Restaurant & Lounge - Gowon estate

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

Na 10eleven, na the only place with that kinda outrageous prices. The place is very cool tho, not all restaurants on the island can actually stand it. 💯
I checked the website. Quite expensive.
Anyway, when I become jagaban or own an oil well, I will go there. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Cuisines To Try / How To Make Healthy Vegetables Egg Sauce With Unripe Plantains (Photos, Video) / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.