Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? (21203 Views)

Increase In The Price Of Water / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Princeton92(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Is there gold inside it?
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by veekid(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Loverboi2cute:

u sound like pesin wey don chop life b4; old taker... dunno bout nw

well i can relate shaa to d extravaganza....when u hold d mulla.. they're just like tiny flies to you

more fundz to our aza
wake up
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by olab059(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

I guess it’s 10eleven restaurant and lounge… the place is quite swanky and luxurious.
It’s on 3rd avenue, Gowon estate.
If you no get money no near there oo,
dem no send you come😂😂😂

Search on ig @10elevenofficial

lol! Okay. Thanks.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Forget that Marriott, I think personally crockpot is the best. Their dinner is about 18k, lunch is cheaper, about 16k.
Dinner from 7 to 10pm.
Make sure you open your tummy well so you can get value for money. Lol.
Dont rush oh, start small small doing tasting tasting. When you taste eg goatmeat peper soup. Abandon it and try the cow leg. Then go to continental, from there to fruits, to stir-fry. Make sure you try everything as they have a wide range.
Bros no shy, na your money.
Dont mind me. Just kidding. Enjoy. grin

It was dinner I eat at Marriot as well but was 17k they had lot of dishes from confectionery to local food and intercontinental but I feel I’m paying premium and can get better dishes else where
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:

Bros forget men Dey ball in the place o… last time I was there, I had fried rice rice and chicken skewers plus water for 25,500 the water is actually 1,500 the chicken 19,500.
The point is they created a place that’s very different from the usual.
A take away package alone without any thing in it is about 3,500 and it’s machine sealed.
One of a kind on the mainland.

I’m a business man and into show biz no body will chop me with packaging mainland is mainland I would gladly pay that amount on the island V.I especially with my view across the roof top or by the bay of the Atlantic Ocean the ambiance alone and caliber of men that sit around and ladies that side walk swaying some premium booty would make me forget what I payed for plus the babe wey I dey wit self go dey mesmerized you know your on some expensive cruise and you deliberately wanna catch it not forming class and big boy on mainland.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

I’m a business man and into show biz no body will chop me with packaging mainland is mainland I would gladly pay that amount on the island V.I especially with my view across the roof top or by the bay of the Atlantic Ocean the ambiance alone and caliber of men that sit around and ladies that side walk swaying some premium booty would make me forget what I payed for plus the babe wey I dey wit self go dey mesmerized you know your on some expensive cruise and you deliberately wanna catch it not forming class and big boy on mainland.

Lol u funny sha, apart from the roof top view or beach fronts nothing else is different to this place on the mainland, trust me. Check their ig @10elevenofficial see for yourself.
People ball and eat like it’s a regular restaurant and most not even all these yahoo boys with rass mentality.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

It was dinner I eat at Marriot as well but was 17k they had lot of dishes from confectionery to local food and intercontinental but I feel I’m paying premium and can get better dishes else where

Nice. I have gone there too ie Marriot, it was rowdy though. That was when they newly opened.
Try that crockpot sha. Gone there for over 20 years, right from when it was maybe 2k. Was supprised to see it had reached 18k, but compared to other buffets, I think it is the better value for money. Another one that use to be good those days is the one at Eko le meridian. Haven't been there in years though. If you check it out update me let me know.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Nice. I have gone there too ie Marriot, it was rowdy though. That was when they newly opened.
Try that crockpot sha. Gone there for over 20 years, right from when it was maybe 2k. Was supprised to see it had reached 18k, but compared to other buffets, I think it is the better value for money. Another one that use to be good those days is the one at Eko le meridian. Haven't been there in years though. If you check it out update me let me know.
I will possibly be at one of them for valentines a or day after cos of crowd e get own omo dada wey dey my hand will give you feed backs I’m following you

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Cromagnon: 2:01am On Jan 30, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.
they don't want your type there
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Cromagnon: 2:03am On Jan 30, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

You be prophet? I passed by yesterday and saw one of their waitresses outside, wanted to ask her if the bottle water price remain the same but I just ignored. Sincerely, I like the place and will still love to visit but water shouldn’t be that expensive and that is a put off for me
their business their water prices. Just say it's not for you and go to your level
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by SSpeter(m): 3:06am On Jan 30, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Nigerians are very greedy and criminal minded!

No one buys a plate of chips & chicken abroad at the equivalent of 10,000 naira a plate or water at the equivalent of 2000naira a bottle in a restaurant! Yet the environment is still far better than the ones in Nigeria where these ridiculous prices are being quoted.

And people are saying you're paying for the serene environment! Which serene environment
This is one of the reasons there are crimes everywhere in that country. Food or water should never cost that much in a restaurant(that's not even a hotel).
What a nonsense shit-hole cum country!
the cost of doing business in Naija is too high
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:34am On Jan 30, 2023
SSpeter:
the cost of doing business in Naija is too high

Higher than in all other countries
I don't think this is a justifiable excuse
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Silentgroper(m): 6:08am On Jan 30, 2023
WibusJaga:

The fact they are still in business means the high price is OK with some people.
Learn to cut your coat according to your size. cheesy

Or someone else went through the same ordeal and complained bitterly unlike the op which got the price reduced and op isn't aware.

Hence, they still being in business...

Just a random thought..

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Silentgroper(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2023
obam41363:
Yes, if I am a multi millionaire and the occasion demands and deserves it.
Shey no be human being like me dey comot $100 million dollars take buy Gulfstream private jet, come use another $30 million to insure am. We see buying bottle water for 2k as expensive because we are poor or middle class. There is a level of wealth you will have that will make you not to be afraid of price tags undecided

No invest the money ..dey blow am anyhow, if acct red nw, you go begin dey blame buharii ..

Na you kuku sabii
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2023
nedekid:

lol, Crockpot is a buffet restaurant in Sheraton Ikeja. You pay a certain amount and the eat all you can. They have all sorts of dishes on display. From continental, to African, sweets, deserts etc. If you like sit there for the next 2 hours sampling all the chops till you burst. That fixed price covers it all.
You only pay for your drinks eg, wine, water
yeah… so true… I think paying for buffet is still okay, your money won’t waste

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2023
juman:
Even if someone is ready to pay the bill, I dont think I would eat jollof rice that cost twenty thousand naira.

A friend had made joke many times of taking me to restaurant that might cost over one thousand euro for two of us (most expensive restaurant around here).
Never. I be poor person, I would not eat food that cost more than fifteen euro or twenty euro at most.

Same here ooo… it’s waste of money to me

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 10:47am On Jan 30, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

Do you know how much is Sheraton buffet I have been craving one last i eat was 4 months ago at Marriot hotel ikeja.

Please let me tag along with you
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2023
updatechange:

Bros forget men Dey ball in the place o… last time I was there, I had fried rice rice and chicken skewers plus water for 25,500 the water is actually 1,500 the chicken 19,500.
The point is they created a place that’s very different from the usual.
A take away package alone without any thing in it is about 3,500 and it’s machine sealed.
One of a kind on the mainland.

Ehen in this same egbeda??
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2023
nedekid:

Forget that Marriott, I think personally crockpot is the best. Their dinner is about 18k, lunch is cheaper, about 16k.
Dinner from 7 to 10pm.
Make sure you open your tummy well so you can get value for money. Lol.
Dont rush oh, start small small doing tasting tasting. When you taste eg goatmeat peper soup. Abandon it and try the cow leg. Then go to continental, from there to fruits, to stir-fry. Make sure you try everything as they have a wide range.
Bros no shy, na your money.
Dont mind me. Just kidding. Enjoy. grin

Ehen… you must be a regular customer there ooo
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 11:03am On Jan 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

Ehen in this same egbeda??

Yes dear, what part of Egbeda are you residing or doing business??

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2023
updatechange:

Yes dear, what part of Egbeda are you residing or doing business??
I don’t live in egbeda, I did a 3 months course around there… which makes me wonder if it’s the same place…
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

Ehen… you must be a regular customer there ooo
We be old customer grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
I don’t live in egbeda, I did a 3 months course around there… which makes me wonder if it’s the same place…

Oh okay, what year was that..?
Egbeda is the new hub for recreational purposes in Lagos state.
There’s a street slang among some ppl there whc says… after Egbeda na island 😂

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2023
updatechange:

Oh okay, what year was that..?
Egbeda is the new hub for recreational purposes in Lagos state.
There’s a street slang among some ppl there whc says… after Egbeda na island 😂
Iast year… really.. although the area is cool, the only thing missing is ocean/sea…
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
Iast year… really.. although the area is cool, the only thing missing is ocean/sea…

Yea right… Mrs lamanii, Egbeda is on the mainland but can do what people on the island do as long as it doesn’t entail water.

Let’s linkup on twitter I will give u a s/o soon

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2023
nedekid:

We be old customer grin
awwww… this looks tasty… it’s making me hungry sef

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lamanii22(f): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2023
updatechange:

Yea right… Mrs lamanii, Egbeda is on the mainland but can do what people on the island do as long as it doesn’t entail water.

Let’s linkup on twitter I will give u a s/o soon
okay what’s your handle?
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by updatechange(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
okay what’s your handle?

@change_ymp
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by SSpeter(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Higher than in all other countries
I don't think this is a justifiable excuse
yes, higher than most countries, my uncle has a hotel we pay incredible amount for power yet we run on diesel like crazy. He also has a guest house in the UK and I can tell you the cost of running the guest house is incomparable with the hotel. You don't pay for security, you don't pay for generator diesel, you don't buy oil and all. You just pay power and gas bill and your tax depends on how much you make. Dude running a business in Nigeria is tough
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lamanii22:

Please let me tag along with you
Lol gonna be on a Separate chills ooh Pm me I don dey fancy you username and that wicked looks on your profile pics wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Cuisines To Try / How To Make Healthy Vegetables Egg Sauce With Unripe Plantains (Photos, Video) / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.