Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? (21206 Views)

Increase In The Price Of Water / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by ipobarecriminals: 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.
Mention the eatery address/name so that people will think twice before they enter/patronize them

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by tenpipsperday: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.

Where in Egbeda?

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by CaptainFM1: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

Always ask to see the menu and price list before ordering. It's very important.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
obam41363:
Yes, if I am a multi millionaire and the occasion demands and deserves it.
Shey no be human being like me dey comot $100 million dollars take buy Gulfstream private jet, come use another $30 million to insure am. We see buying bottle water for 2k as expensive because we are poor or middle class. There is a level of wealth you will have that will make you not to be afraid of price tags undecided
Oga, forget, it's not about being poor.
Lots of folks I assure you can easily spend 2k. The issue is does it make sense? Anyone that works for his money will not spend it recklessly, unless you collect 20% igr from eg one of the states.
Charge dangote 2k for a bottle of water and he will look at you twice.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by tenpipsperday: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
Mention the eatery address/name so that people will think twice before they enter/patronize them

Don't mind him such place never exist in Egbeda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by tenpipsperday: 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Funny enough people are buying this cheap lie.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by DaveHarry(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Even 20naira I use to buy sachet water sometimes gets me angry, not to talk of 2k for ordinary bottled water. I no try am.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Similar case!

Should Arsenal pay a whole 80million for Caicedo of Brighton?

NO! sad cheesy
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mpanyi:

Nothing like poverty mentality. The guy is right. Being rich doesn't mean wasting money unnecessarily.
Exactly.
Anyway, shame does not catch me. I will reject the water. When I leave the place I buy water.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by blowjohn(m): 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
That's a brand na.

OP do u know how many followers u will get if u show them that u bought water for let's say, 20k?

Before u know it u don turn celebrity.

Next thing for ur birthday people go begin donate money.

Next thing u don clear new ferrari for port.

This life na sense and packaging o.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
tenpipsperday:

Don't mind him such place never exist in Egbeda.

The OP is smart and uses Discretion!

You can't just call out People's Business Name in a Public forum like Nairaland. sad

U should know this nah. undecided

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:
the place determines the value of the product
Certainly not in Egbeda.
How much is water in Sheraton?
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by juman(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
I like to own that kind of restaurant.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by juman(m): 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Certainly not in Egbeda.

Things are expensive in those special restaurants than five stars hotels.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
faceLAGOS:
Only in a sh!t hole & lawless country.

Everybody go just dey fix price anyhow.

Some ignoramos will say it’s poverty.

I say it exploitation & daylight robbery.

Since most Nigerians have low self esteem, they will still scrounge for money & buy the the 2k bottle water, because babe dey with them.

Self confidence is very very necessary in life.
True talk.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Gift96: 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Certainly not in Egbeda.

Odogwu cheesy

E fit be 2k

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:

Odogwu cheesy

E fit be 2k
Lol, e no reach. And it's even the big Eva bottle. Atleast at crockpot buffet.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
juman:

Things are expensive in those special restaurants than five stars hotels.
Hmm, Bros Bros, I know about restaurants oh.
Anyway, until the guy mention the restaurant for egbega, make I go confirm, before I go believe.
Egbeda is 5min drive.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Gift96: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

Lol, e no reach. And it's even the big Eva bottle. Atleast at crockpot buffet.
grin grin what does crockpot buffet means 😂😂
I have never been to a hotel to buy anything before boss. I just dey see them and Waka pass
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Maxxim: 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Regex:
I have been buying sparkling water that cost about N2k
Top G
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:
grin grin what does crockpot buffet means 😂😂
I have never been to a hotel to buy anything before boss. I just dey see them and Waka pass
lol, Crockpot is a buffet restaurant in Sheraton Ikeja. You pay a certain amount and the eat all you can. They have all sorts of dishes on display. From continental, to African, sweets, deserts etc. If you like sit there for the next 2 hours sampling all the chops till you burst. That fixed price covers it all.
You only pay for your drinks eg, wine, water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Nigerians are very greedy and criminal minded!

No one buys a plate of chips & chicken abroad at the equivalent of 10,000 naira a plate or water at the equivalent of 2000naira a bottle in a restaurant! Yet the environment is still far better than the ones in Nigeria where these ridiculous prices are being quoted.

And people are saying you're paying for the serene environment! Which serene environment
This is one of the reasons there are crimes everywhere in that country. Food or water should never cost that much in a restaurant(that's not even a hotel).
What a nonsense shit-hole cum country!
They will claim to be running diesel generator to make it cozy.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Gift96: 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
nedekid:

lol, Crockpot is a buffet restaurant in Sheraton Ikeja. You pay a certain amount and the eat all you can. They have all sorts of dishes on display. From continental, to African, sweets, deserts etc. If you like sit there for the next 2 hours sampling all the chops till you burst. That fixed price covers it all.
You only pay for your drinks eg, wine, water
I will work towards success maybe I'll also be able to visit those places.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by NinjaXmetahuman: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Na Poverty still dey worry yougrin
and na stupidity dey worry you.

Buying small bottle water for 2k..

Even dangote no fit spend like that.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Asour: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
faithfull18:
Maybe it's Holy water. You paid for perception, package, class etc.

There's no true class in Nigeria.

Nigeria is largely a poor country.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Asour: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Na Poverty still dey worry yougrin

Not really.

People are different.

Joseph Cyril Bamford & James Sinegal were rich but still parsimonious.

Depends on the kick one gets out of spending.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by juman(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Even if someone is ready to pay the bill, I dont think I would eat jollof rice that cost twenty thousand naira.

A friend had made joke many times of taking me to restaurant that might cost over one thousand euro for two of us (most expensive restaurant around here).
Never. I be poor person, I would not eat food that cost more than fifteen euro or twenty euro at most.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Loverboi2cute(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
dayleke:

Lol....😆

I no be prophet o but I know it's just a matter of time na.
Just wait until you get some extra change, the 2k water go be like 20 naira sef. You go think for your mind say e no dey too much jare, make I take one step am down.
It is well my brother.

😌

u sound like pesin wey don chop life b4; old taker... dunno bout nw

well i can relate shaa to d extravaganza....when u hold d mulla.. they're just like tiny flies to you

more fundz to our aza

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by nedekid: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:

I will work towards success maybe I'll also be able to visit those places.
Amen oh, may almighty grant you and us all success, to enjoy the good things of life. AMEN.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by bukatyne(f): 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
ikeno:
You not paying for just the foods and drinks but also for the coziness of the place and serene atmosphere 😂😂

Same thing with phcn and crazy bill,they don't just bill you for only the electricity they supply but also the darkness when there's no electricity.🤣🤣🤣

@bold:

This is funny.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

Have you tried eating along ore road

Their food is way too expensive

Even their groundnut or banana is on the high size.. ate 3x, babe vex (women and their economic tendencies) long story short

Na she dey fry and do small arrangements, den the morning, around 1am, na to cook rice and finish up, 2:30am we don zoom..
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Papichulostunne(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Madridstar:
Lifestyle
Birdman feat. Young thug and rich hommie quan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Healthy Vegetables Egg Sauce With Unripe Plantains (Photos, Video) / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos / What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.