Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? (21151 Views)

Increase In The Price Of Water / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Beautifulsoul97: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.

228 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Madridstar(m): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
Lifestyle

11 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
You no get the thing wey you carry money dey do undecided

Money miss road grin grin

90 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Rexxie234(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
Just reminiscing, I visited a restaurant in Egbeda- Lagos along with my wife, not that large in size but cozy enough to chill out. The waiter handed us the menu’s, eyes rolled they are damn expensive so we settled for chips and chicken 20k for two plates, thought that was it not until I ordered 2 bottles of water and was billed 4K, I said to myself how can I pay for 40 bottles water @#100 rate then given just two, that’s ridiculous; at least 1k per bottle is okay considering the serene atmosphere . Anytime I pass by that place and feel like stopping by I will just remember the cost of their bottle water and zoom off.
Zoom and go cook your food and enjoy free water in your house grin this life use sense

158 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by faithfull18(f): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2023
Maybe it's Holy water. You paid for perception, packaging, class etc.

31 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by EriMma1: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2023
Money wey don start pure water business na him you take buy two bottles of water. Not a wise move.

If it was me, I'll return the water and if I had already taken it before finding out, I'll go and buy bottle water outside and replace it back for them. What rubbish.

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by BMathew: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
😁😁😁😁
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Gift96: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
the place determines the value of the product

6 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Anunakeeh: 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
You no get the thing wey you carry money dey do undecided

Money miss road grin grin

Na Poverty still dey worry yougrin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by dayleke: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
OP, you are very funny.

Better go dey do standup.....

You go still stop by one day, you go see.
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by ahnie: 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
Same nonsense I experienced this noon at leisure park.
Some small nonsense plate of fried rice n miserable meat was 4500 naira.

Canned sprite lemon drink that's 150naira in ShopRite is 400 naira there.

Mscheeeeet,nonsense n indomie.
I just vex go crunches.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by ikeno(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
You not paying for just the foods and drinks but also for the coziness of the place and serene atmosphere 😂😂

Same thing with phcn and crazy bill,they don't just bill you for only the electricity they supply but also the darkness when there's no electricity.🤣🤣🤣

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by sisisioge: 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

For Egbeda o....iranu. I would have left after seeing the menu.

51 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by CodeTemplar: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2023
Even SCOAN añnointing water isn't that expensive.

17 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Beautifulsoul97: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
dayleke:
OP, you are very funny.

Better go dey do standup.....

You go still stop by one day, you go see.

You be prophet? I passed by yesterday and saw one of their waitresses outside, wanted to ask her if the bottle water price remain the same but I just ignored. Sincerely, I like the place and will still love to visit but water shouldn’t be that expensive and that is a put off for me

11 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Beautifulsoul97: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
sisisioge:

Imagine in egbeda o, even Sheraton will offer you treated house water for free if you don’t want the branded ones . Their car park is always filled up on weekends , Eko for show!

12 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by dayleke: 12:55am On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

You be prophet? I passed by yesterday and saw one of their waitresses outside, wanted to ask her if the bottle water price remain the same but I just ignored. Sincerely, I like the place and will still love to visit but water shouldn’t be that expensive and that is a put off for me

Lol....😆

I no be prophet o but I know it's just a matter of time na.
Just wait until you get some extra change, the 2k water go be like 20 naira sef. You go think for your mind say e no dey too much jare, make I take one step am down.
It is well my brother.

😌

9 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by dayleke: 1:00am On Jan 29, 2023
sisisioge:

Hmmmm......🤔🙄
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:42am On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:

Nigerians are very greedy and criminal minded!

No one buys a plate of chips & chicken abroad at the equivalent of 10,000 naira a plate or water at the equivalent of 2000naira a bottle in a restaurant! Yet the environment is still far better than the ones in Nigeria where these ridiculous prices are being quoted.

And people are saying you're paying for the serene environment! Which serene environment
This is one of the reasons there are crimes everywhere in that country. Food or water should never cost that much in a restaurant(that's not even a hotel).
What a nonsense shit-hole cum country!

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:47am On Jan 29, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Na Poverty still dey worry yougrin
And na you rich for your eyes

Dey waste money undecided

Why are you complaining, why not spend N10,000 on one bottled water undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by NairalandMD: 9:57am On Jan 29, 2023
😄 that reminds me of 2015, when my homie turkey visa was approved, we happy dai, to celebrate we enta Club Royale for ikeja, we dey order coke and red label 😄.
i shock wen dem bring bill and i saw 2500 per coke bottle 🙆🏽‍♂️, me wey my salary noh pass 70k dat year 😆.
we end up contributing funds so sort the 127.500k
we just vex dey go house after paying, oh! boy since then anytime i enta a new joint, nah the pricelist i dey first check 😁

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Olachase(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Even water of life na free so what are you saying undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by inoki247: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lol na the environment you dey pay for not the goods...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by onomeabuja: 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
U for ask well well nah mayb d bottle water go make u de sleep like this man( I don't know him though) 😀 or d chill like this man with fine eye balls 😊

7 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Emu4life(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hahahahahagrin
Had similar experience one time at Mararaba or Nyanya, can't remember precisely. Omo, I nearly cried. To make it Worst, I was served food that looked like it was warmed, after wasting my time for almost 45 minutes.

Anytime I'm passing by that restaurant, I feel like throwing Putin's Hypersonic Missiles into that Restaurant for serving me an expensive sh! tgrin

27 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by WibusJaga: 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023

The fact they are still in business means the high price is OK with some people.
Learn to cut your coat according to your size. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by CaptMarvel(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Interesting.

Sha com and buy your email extractor and bulk mailer and company finder software so you can find the closest restaurant in your location that sells bottle of water at a reasonable price smiley
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by mkoabiola: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Beautifulsoul97:
What is d name of d cozy place in egbeda.
I Wan confirm if na true de talk

5 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by HomeTutorsPro: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Yes.
Places that sell a bottle of water for such amounts simply charge you for the environment as well.
Besides, no one will force you to buy.
I always ask of the price of things before I order even if they have a price list displayed.
It helps to avoid stories that touch the heart.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Lanretoye(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
If u carry your big bottle of Eva water enter,dem go pursue you?

11 Likes

Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by whippersnapper(m): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
buy water 2k kuma
na Hennessy i wan buy
Re: Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? by Urchinpainer: 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
I will not. Unless I am in Sahara desert.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos / When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.