Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency (13629 Views)

Hypocrites! They Rejected Sowore But Prefer OBI / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Blame Omisore For Giving APC Advantage / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by shuttox: 6:21am On Jan 29, 2023
With her appearances at the ObiDatti movement campaigns marked by trendy dance moves and crowd-moving eloquence, no one needs to be told that Aisha Yesufu means business in her quest for good governance.

As a civil rights activist, Yesufu’s support for any government, according to her, is usually based on competence with good governance as the end result. This explains her involvement in the ObiDatti campaign train. Her choice of candidate she noted, is based on the fact that she wants someone in “office who will not allow those that will use tear gas on us when we go out to protest”.
And so, for her, of all the presidential candidates contesting in this year election, “Peter Obi is the most competent of all the other ones”, she said, stressing that if Obi wasn’t, “I’ll definitely not be in his camp.”

During a time out with Charles Aniagolu on Arise TV’s Prime Time show, during the week, Yesufu declared that her focus wasn’t even about whether the person is going to win, “It’s about the most competent.

I would do whatever Nigeria needs to get out of the situation it is right now. It’s like every other thing I’ve always done. For me it’s all about what you are bringing in; you know your value. The biggest job I do very well on Peter Obi’s campaign is the fact that I criticise him and I check what he does. I’m sure that Nigerians have noticed in the past few months he has really come up. He is always learning and ready to learn and always willing to be criticised. So that’s the reason why we work so well together and we’re still working together”.

Surprisingly, she revealed that they sort of irritate each other sometimes adding however that “that’s the way it should be. I’m not there to do your excellency thing. You need to just get the work done, and that’s what I’m doing. The moment he gets into office by the grace of God, I’m on the streets making demands on him every day and if he doesn’t give us the things we need, we’ll be on the streets protesting”.

Asked whether her being in the campaign train of Peter Obi will give him votes, she said, “I hope so, and I believe so. I’ve seen a lot of people who say to me that wherever you are we’ll go. That gives them confidence but puts a lot of pressure on me. But I think I do bring a lot of value to it. Beyond that, Peter Obi is such an easy sell, honestly. It’s not really about even bringing anybody, it’s just about the fact that he is good. He is competent, he cares, he is passionate about Nigeria, he is patriotic, and he wants to serve. And those are the qualities that make him competent.”

She however pointed out that it is not possible for every Nigerian to believe Obi is competent, stressing that “the good thing is that many more Nigerians believe he is. I would say in my own opinion, 80-90% of Nigerians believe that. When it comes to issues of competence, character, capacity, there’s no contest; Peter Obi has it”.

For the “Bring Back Our Girls” campaigner, the number one campaigner for Peter Obi is President Buhari. According to her, Buhari “has given Nigeria so much bad governance that people have gotten sense. So, they know it is no longer about, ‘is he a northerner, or Muslim? But people are looking for one who is competent. We’ve had the corruption, the insecurity that has increased over time under Buhari which have ensured that people no longer look the way they would have four years ago but now focused on who would come in and make their life better.

“The beauty about the ObiDatti movement is that a lot of people who are in other parties especially the so called two major parties, who say they are PDP or APC, when it comes to presidential candidate, they’re going with Peter Obi”.

Presently, Aisha Yesufu has been accused by people in the opposition camps of abandoning her activism and suddenly engaging in partisan politics but she explained that she has always been into partisan politics and so didn’t start with peter Obi. “I’ve always been into partisan politics right from 2015. I supported Muhammadu Buhari in February 2015 and a lot of people in his camp were happy. But that didn’t stop me from holding him accountable and criticising him and saying the fact that we had an issue, we had a government at that time that was failing: unprecedented failure. “Unfortunately for us, we brought in someone that we thought at least would do better but ended up worse.

They are actually making the last administration (President Jonathan’s) to look as if it was good; even though it’s better than this one, it was never good at that time. It’s also the reason we are saying to Nigerians today that if they vote anyhow, it will get to a time when people would actually say Buhari’s tenure was actually good. I voted for Buhari reluctantly because I knew the two candidates, I didn’t know the other participants during the 2015 election”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/there-are-apc-pdp-supporters-who-prefer-obi-for-presidency-aisha-yesufu/

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by unohbethel(m): 6:24am On Jan 29, 2023
This is very true

Support for Obi cuts across all parties and that's why he will win

285 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Antoeni(m): 6:27am On Jan 29, 2023
PDP & APC Have No True And Loyal Supporters, They Are Just Bunch of Hungry Urchins, Looking For What to Eat Instantly

246 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Ezeama400: 6:35am On Jan 29, 2023
SS APC registered members are angry that APC ticket is with a character like Tinubu, many of them made their final decision when Tinubu complicated his case with MM ticket..

That does mean that they won't vote for APC at state level.. The same thing is applicable to PDP that allowed another fulani Muslim to hijack theirs when a fulani Muslim is about to complete his tenure

I am sure this issue applicable to some other states and region

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Victorclean1: 6:36am On Jan 29, 2023
Ofcourse the party is selfless without tribalism. Agbadorians despite not having the vote needed to help Tinubu are scheming to deceive the north to vote the dead wood.

Gunduje etc be wise. Unite with your fellow northern politicians and vote for northern candidate.

It's called political yahoo. You can also vote for LP which is selfless and without tribalism for the future of this nation

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Patriotsleague: 6:36am On Jan 29, 2023
Obi has paid her, sell out. Aisha Yesufu is deceiving the young ones, she is a political sycophant, that hungry thief should stop calling herself an activist. She pretends not to see all the corruption of Obi. Hungry woman. See how she dey jump up and down dey talk nonsense, following a known thief, what a disgrace, we activists disown you. NLC chairman being an activist at heart said clearly that they are not supporting Peter obi, because of what is known about him. He should stop using labor party mantra to deceive ignorant Nigerians.

8 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by richidinho(m): 6:42am On Jan 29, 2023
Madam Aisha thats an old news na😀

Guys should we tell her?

I am a staunch PDP unit canvasser, chopping PDP money in the day but supporting Peter Obi with my entire family at night😀😀😀

My friend Uba is an APC ward chairman, also the president of APC for Obi movement😀😀😀

NB

You can quote me till tomorrow, what i know is that even Buhari is supporting peter obi, his recent policies can attest to that

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Betanaija42moro: 6:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Obi is the best for President.
We need a breath of fresh air

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by ElSudani: 6:50am On Jan 29, 2023
What is she smoking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Penguin2: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2023
A lot of those in Tinubu and Atiku PCC will vote Obi.

Not to talk of ordinary party members.

Trust me, by middle of February, it shall have been obvious that we are just going to the polls on 25th to coronate Obi as every part of this country shall have aligned to the county’s rescue through Obi.

Then, people will truly come to understand why Obasanjo is Obasanjo.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Adaisback(f): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2023
If you are not supporting obI, pls start supporting him now. The message and information we are getting is not a pleasant one at all. if APC wins, even liberal Muslims will be killed. As long as you are not supporting killings of christians even as a Muslim, you will be killed. No where is safe. Atiku will sell off this country to the highest bidder, of course it's no longer news. If only those in communication company will leak out the information and conversation of core APC members...
ObI is our only hope. Feel free to hate him but if you go against my warning and vote in APC, i will still be here to remind you all of my timely warning just like am doing right now to IPOB
Vote wisely, vote Peter obI and for your information, no region will be spared during the jihadist massacre.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by unclejb2(m): 7:10am On Jan 29, 2023
No sane Nigerian would prefer Tinubu or Atiku to Peter Obi

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by TheChameleon: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2023
grin

Yes. There's an almajiri who also told me he wanted to rule Buckingham Palace.

If wishes were horses... beggars will ride.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Sabadon(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Gbam

Absolute truth, maybe at the gubernetorial level they may prefer Apc or PDP but you see presidential ehnnn just hapu ya for man wen sabi #OBiDatti

29 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by kingsways: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2023
True

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by shuttox: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Patriotsleague:
Obi has paid her, sell out.
Is that all you have to say?

Tinubu urchins

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by nilane: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2023
I love Tinubu and hate Linus Obi sincerely.
But I will vote Obi to be president. Obi is the only way.

9 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Lionmachala(m): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2023
They are many.. we go shoke them

9 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by TheChameleon: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2023
Victorclean1:
Ofcourse the party is selfless without tribalism. Agbadorians despite not having the vote needed to help Tinubu are scheming to deceive the north to vote the dead wood.

Gunduje etc be wise. Unite with your fellow northern politicians and vote for northern candidate.

It's called political yahoo. You can also vote for LP which is selfless and without tribalism for the future of this nation

Lol. Igbo man and inferiority complex. See you asslickin and giving advice to Ganduje grin

Anything but Yoruba.

Rather be fulani slaves at PDP for 24 years than for a yoruba to win.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu will still be your President. Prepare to cry more.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by babyfaceafrica: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2023
This is super story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2023
ok
Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Antoeni(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2023
PDP & APC Has No True Loyal Core Supporters . They All Belong to LP

9 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by southsouthking(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2023
They are fighting Their conscience so hard because of greed and selfishness.

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by DeJoeee(m): 7:20am On Jan 29, 2023
Why is she casting our game ?
We need collect enough bullion van and Dubai money before the election.
Na our money

13 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by soburtunde: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2023
Abeg, tell her she dey smoke Igbo. People with working brain will never vote a former Anambra governor that is living in present Lagos that was built by Jagaban instead of living in his failed state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by bewla(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2023
Your opinion
Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by Counsellor3432: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2023
And there are supporters from LP who prefer and would vote Atiku or Tinubu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by sleek214(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2023
What's new here? Oby co partner that Buhari refused to recognize after they used them for BBOG. telling us rubbish. Election is a few weeks away, our cyber space will have some sanity.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: There Are APC, PDP Supporters Who Prefer Obi For Presidency by leisuretym: 7:27am On Jan 29, 2023
I’m No 1

Without Osinbajo or Amechi , My choice is Obi

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAAC: FG, States, LGAs Share N559.032b In June; As ECA Rises To $3.094b / Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo / PDP Receives APC Defectors In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.