Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? (1684 Views)

MINISTRY OF HUMAN AFFAIRS, GOD'S KINGDOM / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
According to the Isaiah 45:7 , you made us understand that God created evil. So my question is: who should we blame when plagued by evil created by God according that verse?

Though you've gotten the answer from the only source there is to know the truth: jw.org

I just want to enlighten you on the verse you cited: Isaiah 45:6-8

In order that people may know From the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. I form light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, Jehovah, am doing all these things. You heavens, rain down from above; Let the clouds pour down righteousness. Let the earth open up and be fruitful with salvation, And let it cause righteousness to spring up at the same time. I, Jehovah, have created it.” Isaiah 45:6-8

After reading this most people often conclude that JEHOVAH is the one causing the good and evil happening but that's not what these verses mean.

If you're interested in knowing what our God is saying there feel free to approach any JW in your neighbourhood.

I'm Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
you try Sir. Don't forget the purpose of this thread is not to mock but to think logically as go on worshipping our beloved creator. Let's learn how to defend him logically and convincingly. Thanks a lot for your contribution

Defend him?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Though you've gotten the answer from the only source there is to know the truth: jw.org

In order that people may know From the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. I form light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, Jehovah, am doing all these things. You heavens, rain down from above; Let the clouds pour down righteousness. Let the earth open up and be fruitful with salvation, And let it cause righteousness to spring up at the same time. I, Jehovah, have created it.” Isaiah 45:6-8

After reading this most people often conclude that JEHOVAH is the one causing the good and evil happening but that's not what these verses mean.

If you're interested in knowing what our God is saying there feel free to approach any JW in your neighbourhood.

But that is what the text says...

What other twist are you spinning ?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

But that is what the text says...
What other twist are you spinning ?

Mr Reincarnation don't worry we know what it means let those who have ears learn! wink
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Mr Reincarnation don't worry we know what it means let those who have ears learn! wink

Spit it out..
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry Mr Max I quoted sonmvyina, the verse was originally not my idea sir but since you are here, can help us throw more light as to why did God used the phrase...." I make... And create calamity? Does it mean Satan is not to be blamed for our woes since God has owned up in that verse? And between God and Satan, who is in charge of the affairs of men?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Defend him?
yes sir, is it a difficult task?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Jw.org has really tried in shading more light on this issue. But I am also perplexed on the complexity of stunning explanations from some scholars ( base on my personal research). Please I need more of your input for instance, Nigeria as a country has her own leader who is accountable to the citizenry weather bad or good; so my question is in the face of all th evil permeable in this world, who are we to hold accountable to; and between God and Satan who is the boss??
Accountable to in what sense? undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Accountable to in what sense? undecided
accountable to amount evil that is permissible in this world
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
accountable to amount evil that is permissible in this world
Amount of evil permissible? Why do you assume evil has some sort of limit? undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Sorry Mr Max I quoted sonmvyina, the verse was originally not my idea sir but since you are here, can help us throw more light as to why did God used the phrase...." I make... And create calamity? Does it mean Satan is not to be blamed for our woes since God has owned up in that verse? And between God and Satan, who is in charge of the affairs of men?

Your questions are two:

[1] What does God meant in that verse? Isaiah 45:7
[2] Who controls the world?

In the book of Isaiah we should know what God told Isaiah in the beginning of the message:

Then I heard the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said: “Here I am! Send me!” Isaiah 6:8

Here God is asking for a messenger who will go and deliver His message to stiff-necked people and Isaiah responded enthusiastically.

So in the verse you quoted God is assuring His messenger not to fear any evil the recipients may have at heart against His messenger because all the things they can think of He (God) created it. Is it fire? Is it death? Is it wild animals? Whatever they can think of to destroy God's servants is within the things God created.
So if Nebuchadnezzar think of destroying Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego with fire Jehovah formed all the gasses that combined to make fire He can command them to turn to air-conditioner when His own servants are thrown in there while the same fire will destroy Nebuchadnezzar's mightiest men.
If they schemed to throw Daniel in lion's den Jehovah will turn lions to domestic pets for Daniel but the same animals will devour God's enemies.
That's why David could confidently say:

"though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: because you are with me" Psalms 23:4

Let it be known to all faithless people that with JEHOVAH there is no evil anyone can plan against God's servants because He (God) knows everything used to make guns, bombs, teargas, chemical weapons, biological weapons and what have you?

No weapon fashioned against Jehovah's servants will have any success if He is prepared to fight for His own worshipers! Isaiah 54:17

Question number 2:

Satan is the one in control of the earth today {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} that's why Jesus asked us to pray for God's Kingdom (God's government) to come so that God's will should take place on planet earth! Matthew 6:10

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lionmachala:

Any JEHOVAH WITHNESS HERE?
This is Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Eviana(f): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Thanks, I am still waiting for your Biblical support for your great piece of comment

I appreciate your reply.
While there are tons of scriptures, I'm gonna list a few.
What I can do is list a few scriptures, but you will have to sincerely pray for the Holy Spirit to give you spiritual clarity if still in doubt.

Ephesians 6:10-12 (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Matthew 28:18 (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Psalm 22:28 (KJV)
28[i] For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations[/i]

Psalm 24:1-3 (KJV)
24 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

Psalm 66:7 (KJV)
7 He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah

Revelation 12:9 (KJV)
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him

Job 1:6-21 (KJV)
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job
, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

13 And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:

15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

John 19:11 (KJV)
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin

1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

Mark 5:1-13
5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.

12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea

Ms. Eviana
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your questions are two:

[1] What does God meant in that verse? Isaiah 45:7
[2] Who controls the world?

In the book of Isaiah we should know what God told Isaiah in the beginning of the message:

Then I heard the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said: “Here I am! Send me!” Isaiah 6:8

Here God is asking for a messenger who will go and deliver His message to stiff-necked people and Isaiah responded enthusiastically.

So in the verse you quoted God is assuring His messenger not to fear any evil the recipients may have at heart against His messenger because all the things they can think of He (God) created it. Is it fire? Is it death? Is it wild animals? Whatever they can think of to destroy God's servants is within the things God created.
So if Nebuchadnezzar think of destroying Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego with fire Jehovah formed all the gasses that combined to make fire He can command them to turn to air-conditioner when His own servants are thrown in there while the same fire will destroy Nebuchadnezzar's mightiest men.
If they schemed to throw Daniel in lion's den Jehovah will turn lions to domestic pets for Daniel but the same animals will devour God's enemies.
That's why David could confidently say:

"though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: because you are with me" Psalms 23:4

Let it be known to all faithless people that with JEHOVAH there is no evil anyone can plan against God's servants because He (God) knows everything used to make guns, bombs, teargas, chemical weapons, biological weapons and what have you?

No weapon fashioned against Jehovah's servants will have any success if He is prepared to fight for His own worshipers! Isaiah 54:17

Question number 2:

Satan is the one in control of the earth today {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} that's why Jesus asked us to pray for God's Kingdom (God's government) to come so that God's will should take place on planet earth! Matthew 6:10

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Bravo! Mr Max why are you extracting only the side that favour your narrative? Well, you made some sense but don't forget God also made similar statement in the following scriptures: 1samuel 2:6; Deuteronomy 32:39; Daniel 5:21... will you say, He (God) made those statements simply for entertainment or just to scare His opponent? Please sir I'm well ready to learn from you boss

2 Likes

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Eviana:

I appreciate your reply.
While there are tons of scriptures, I'm gonna list a few.
What I can do is list a few scriptures, but you will have to sincerely pray for the Holy Spirit to give you spiritual clarity if still in doubt.

Ephesians 6:10-12 (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Matthew 28:18 (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Psalm 22:28 (KJV)
28[i] For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations[/i]

Psalm 24:1-3 (KJV)
24 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

Psalm 66:7 (KJV)
7 He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah

Revelation 12:9 (KJV)
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him

Job 1:6-21 (KJV)
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job
, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land[/b].

11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

13 And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:

15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

John 19:11 (KJV)
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin

1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

Mark 5:1-13
5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2[b] And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit[/b],

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.

12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea

Ms. Eviana
Thanks ma, but couldn't correlate your exact point. Please will you care give us short summary of the whole quoted scriptures for purpose of clarity

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Eviana(f): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Thanks ma, but couldn't correlate your exact point. Please will you care give us short summary of the whole quoted scriptures for purpose of clarity

No problem...you are welcome.
1. Jesus Christ is Lord, Owner, of the Earth, galaxy, everything etc. and not even the devil himself can do anything unless he get permission from the Lord.

2. There is also a spiritual war going on which consists of good and evil-- one or the other--which has to play out for a specified amount of time.

3. People get possessed by demonic spirits on a daily and when you see all of this sin--death, carnage, bloodshed, unspeakable violence etc., just know that spirits are influencing them.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Eviana:

No problem...you are welcome.
1. Jesus Christ is Lord, Owner, of the Earth, galaxy, everything etc. and not even the devil himself can do anything unless he get permission from the Lord.

2. There is also a spiritual war going on which consists of good and evil-- one or the other--which has to play out for a specified amount of time.

3. People get possessed by demonic spirits on a daily and when you see all of this sin--death, carnage, bloodshed, unspeakable violence etc., just know that spirits are influencing them.

Ms. Eviana
wow! But between Jesus and God who is greater or who is the creator and most qualified to be the owner of the earth and everything as you said considering this two Bible portion John 14:28; Revelation 4:11... Please I'm open to more learning ma
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

This is Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Mr Max my door is wide open for you anytime any day sir
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Bravo! Mr Max why are you extracting only the side that favour your narrative? Well, you made some sense but don't forget God also made similar statement in the following scriptures: 1samuel 2:6; Deuteronomy 32:39; Daniel 5:21... will you say, He (God) made those statements simply for entertainment or just to scare His opponent? Please sir I'm well ready to learn from you boss brother

Please don't call me that i'm just your fellow believer in Christ Jesus!

Whenever you read anything that God talks about the existence of what can harm you God is just reassuring you (His worshiper) that even at death if enemies should dismember God's servant's body and burn him/her to harshes God has the record of our character He will restore us perfectly back to life when all evildoers are gone.
In the presence of JEHOVAH death means nothing because He will SWALLOW DEATH FOREVER {Isaiah 25:8} so feel free to ask any question that comes to your mind my brother!

Oxfordgrade:
Mr Max my door is wide open for you anytime any day sir

Just be calm when JWs come calling, i never thought i could be this sound scripturally before they came to study the Bible with me.
I thought we had all the knowledge back in the days when i was still a Muslim! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Eviana(f): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
wow! But between Jesus and God who is greater or who is the creator and most qualified to be the owner of the earth and everything as you said considering this two Bible portion John 14:28; Revelation 4:11... Please I'm open to more learning ma

I don't see either as greater...
I see them as equal in a sense.
I use Jesus and God the Father interchangeably both on this site and in real life. I'm usually speaking of them both when I use either Jesus Christ or the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.
I honor Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I honor God as my Father.
John 14:6 (KJV)....
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I always end my prayers, "In Jesus' name."

I believe in the Godhead of :God the Father, God the Son--Jesus and The Holy Spirit.
I acknowledege the deity of Jesus Christ-- hence why I said Creator....the deity places Him as equal to the Father in my eyes.
My apologies for the confusion this may have caused. It can appear complicated and confusing to some.

What matters the most to me is the One who died for me, will accept my confession of sin(s), and can forgive and cleanse me into a new creature in Him.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please don't call me that i'm just your fellow believer in Christ Jesus!

Whenever you read anything that God talks about the existence of what can harm you God is just reassuring you (His worshiper) that even at death if enemies should dismember God's servant's body and burn him/her to harshes God has the record of our character He will restore us perfectly back to life when all evildoers are gone.
In the presence of JEHOVAH death means nothing because He will SWALLOW DEATH FOREVER {Isaiah 25:8} so feel free to ask any question that comes to your mind my brother!

Just be calm when JWs come calling, i never thought i could be this sound scripturally before they came to study the Bible with me.
I thought we had all the knowledge back in the days when i was still a Muslim! smiley
good one sir! Can you shade more light on that account of Daniel 5:21 in relation to the topic of this post?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Eviana:

I don't see either as greater...
I see them as equal in a sense.
I use Jesus and God the Father interchangeably both on this site and in real life. I'm usually speaking of them both when I use either Jesus Christ or the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.
I honor Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I honor God as my Father.
John 14:6 (KJV)....
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I always end my prayers, "In Jesus' name."

I believe in the Godhead of :God the Father, God the Son--Jesus and The Holy Spirit.
I acknowledege the deity of Jesus Christ-- hence why I said Creator....the deity places Him as equal to the Father in my eyes.
My apologies for the confusion this may have caused. It can appear complicated and confusing to some.

What matters the most to me is the One who died for me, will accept my confession of sin(s), and can forgive and cleanse me into a new creature in Him.

Ms. Eviana
please I want you to contrast this two Bible portion: John 3:16; 17:3; Who deserved, the most honoure, and tell me what do you see wrong if interchanging the two personality?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
good one sir! Can you shade more light on that account of Daniel 5:21 in relation to the topic of this post?

He was driven away from mankind, and his heart was made like that of a beast, and his dwelling was with the wild donkeys. He was given vegetation to eat just like bulls, and his body became wet with the dew of the heavens, until he came to know that the Most High God is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he sets up over it whomever he wants!

The true God doesn't interfere in the politics of any nation as long as their troubles doesn't tamper with His own worshipers. Satan is the one using his human agents to rule humans that's why God never appointed anybody as king until the Israelites demanded for a human King {1Samuel 8:7} Jehovah only wanted to use Israel as a shinning example for all the nations under Satan's control. Exodus 19:5
That's why He gave only Israelites His laws so that all others can learn from the Israelites but Satan who knew God's plans made sure that all the surrounding nations hate Israel like shit because if they should like what Israelites are practicing as worship most people will become worshipers of the true God. The hatred was so intense that each time Satan gathers multitude of agents his target is "Jerusalem" the only city where pure worship excels {2Kings 18:17} but then the true God will fight to preserve the center for pure worship! 2Kings 19:35

So Nebuchadnezzar is one of Satan's agents but because the Israelites has turned against pure worship the true God allowed Satan's agents to punish them {Deuteronomy 28:45-48} and that's what made Nebuchadnezzar thought too much of himself with the demons he's worshiping {Daniel 4:29-30} that's what led to what you quoted today @ Daniel 5:21

Jehovah wanted to show His greatness to the king of Babylon that it's not his own power that got him that far it's because He (God) permitted Nebuchadnezzar. Had it been the Israelites kept God's statues ten times of Nebuchadnezzar and 100 times of his armies can't enter Jerusalem because Jehovah will fight for His faithful worshipers! Exodus 14:14 compare to 2Kings 6:15-17

So Jehovah is the owner of heaven and earth but Adam and Eve chose Satan as their God that's why Jehovah permitted mankind to see what will become of their rebellion against Him under Satan's control! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 11:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He was driven away from mankind, and his heart was made like that of a beast, and his dwelling was with the wild donkeys. He was given vegetation to eat just like bulls, and his body became wet with the dew of the heavens, until he came to know that the Most High God is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he sets up over it whomever he wants!

The true God doesn't interfere in the politics of any nation as long as their troubles doesn't tamper with His own worshipers. Satan is the one using his human agents to rule humans that's why God never appointed anybody as king until the Israelites demanded for a human King {1Samuel 8:7} Jehovah only wanted to use Israel as a shinning example for all the nations under Satan's control. Exodus 19:5
That's why He gave only Israelites His laws so that all others can learn from the Israelites but Satan who knew God's plans made sure that all the surrounding nations hate Israel like shit because if they should like what Israelites are practicing as worship most people will become worshipers of the true God. The hatred was so intense that each time Satan gathers multitude of agents his target is "Jerusalem" the only city where pure worship excels {2Kings 18:17} but then the true God will fight to preserve the center for pure worship! 2Kings 19:35

So Nebuchadnezzar is one of Satan's agents but because the Israelites has turned against pure worship the true God allowed Satan's agents to punish them {Deuteronomy 28:45-48} and that's what made Nebuchadnezzar thought too much of himself with the demons he's worshiping {Daniel 4:29-30} that's what led to what you quoted today @ Daniel 5:21

Jehovah wanted to show His greatness to the king of Babylon that it's not his own power that got him that far it's because He (God) permitted Nebuchadnezzar. Had it been the Israelites kept God's statues ten times of Nebuchadnezzar and 100 times of his armies can't enter Jerusalem because Jehovah will fight for His faithful worshipers! Exodus 14:14 compare to 2Kings 6:15-17

So Jehovah is the owner of heaven and earth but Adam and Eve chose Satan as their God that's why Jehovah permitted mankind to see what will become of their rebellion against Him under Satan's control! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

Thanks! smiley
Mr Max you did made a lot of sense today.... really sorry for my troubles, but atleast many have learn from you sir. I want to say u made my work a lot easier, thanks boss! Here's my line 070.80.81.14.55 feel free to chat me up
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Mr Max you did made a lot of sense today.... really sorry for my troubles, but atleast many have learn from you sir. I want to say u made my work a lot easier, thanks boss brother! Here's my line 070.80.81.14.55 feel free to chat me up
Please stop calling me "BOSS" i'm just a fellow believer in God's word just like millions across the globe! undecided
You don't need to chat with me there are millions of JWs throughout the world they're my teachers i just happened to be a fast learner and you too can become a better more competent and completely equipped student of God's word than Maximus.
Good morning Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
but sir how do you explain Daniel 5:21 After reading 1john 5:19 & John 12vs31? Please sir can u throw more light especially on Daniel 5:21 to butter your point
The "World" described in the Gospels speaks of that which centers around the Kingdom of God — the Lost sheep of Israel, particularly, those of them who are part of the Kingdom of God. So, where John wrote of the evil one being in control of the world...
18 We know that those who have been made God’s children do not continue to sin. The Son of God keeps them safe. The Evil One cannot hurt them.
[b]19
We know that we belong to God, but the Evil One controls the whole world.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.
21 So, dear children, keep yourselves away from false gods. - 1 John 5 vs 18 - 21
....John did so in reference to the world as described by Jesus Christ in the parable of the wheat and Tares where the enemy is allowed to thrive in the Kingdom of God until the Lord returns to judge all and do away with those who are not His. undecided
24 Then Jesus used another story to teach them. Jesus said, “God’s kingdom is like a man who planted good seed in his field.
25 That night, while everyone was asleep, the man’s enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat and then left.
26 Later, the wheat grew, and heads of grain grew on the plants. But at the same time the weeds also grew.
27 Then the man’s servants came to him and said, ‘You planted good seed in your field. Where did the weeds come from?’
28 “The man answered, ‘An enemy planted weeds.’ “The servants asked, ‘Do you want us to go and pull up the weeds?’
29 “He answered, ‘No, because when you pull up the weeds, you might also pull up the wheat.
30 Let the weeds and the wheat grow together until the harvest time. At the harvest time I will tell the workers this: First, gather the weeds and tie them together to be burned. Then gather the wheat and bring it to my barn.’” - Matthew 13 vs 24 - 30
Those outside of the world that is the Kingdom of God are not impacted or affected by that which John described. undecided

As for what is written in Daniel 5 vs 21, indeed, God rules over the entire world, but recall that He allowed men to have their way since after the fall of Adam, so, He is not concerned about how much evil men inflict upon themselves as His one and only concern has been His Israel and His Israel alone. He made this clear in Deuteronomy 32 that Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men. What that means is that even if nations were to nuke themselves today, so long as His Israel is not impacted, God will likely do nothing to stop it. So, you are wrong in assuming in the first place that there is a limit to the amount of evil God is willing to allow. grin
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
no bro I think the clownish Bible verses make sense given to the fact that no be him write am and na like that e see am. In fact, 2timothy 3:16 agree with wetin e talk. So the question wey I think say we need ask am be say: Why and how God come allow Satan to control wetin He created?
God never did that. God gave men dominion over the world, and after Adam fell, and was judged by God, God never revoked that dominion. So it follows that man continues to retain dominion over the world, meaning that the evil which you see all around you is of man, and not of some being outside of man. undecided

Satan, on the other hand, is God's servant and he does only that which God gives him the power to. In the Kingdom of God, for instance, Satan is in charge of all those who are born-again but continue to choose, either in ignorance or arrogance, in sin. This is what Jesus Christ hinted at in His parables regarding the Kingdom of God describing an enemy with a freedom that is not brought under reign until the end. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:16am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God never did that. God gave men dominion over the world, and after Adam fell, and was judged by God, God never revoked that dominion. So it follows that man continues to retain dominion over the world, meaning that the evil which you see all around you is of man, and not of some being outside of man. undecided

Satan, on the other hand, is God's servant and he does only that which God gives him the power to. In the Kingdom of God, for instance, Satan is in charge of all those who are born-again but continue to choose, either in ignorance or arrogance, in sin. This is what Jesus Christ hinted at in His parables regarding the Kingdom of God describing an enemy with a freedom that is not brought under reign until the end. undecided
I humbly ask sir you go back to the quoted scriptures you refuted, this time, read it slowly and ponder over that! More over we're disappointed you did not attached any scripture in your claimed sir
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:21am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
I humbly ask sir you go back to the quoted scriptures you refuted, this time, read it slowly and ponder over that! More over we're disappointed you did not attached any scripture in your claimed sir
I didn't refute any of the scriptures I quoted. Instead, I pointed out that your assumptions regarding what is written are what is wrong! undecided

Read my response again to see this. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:34am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The "World" described in the Gospels speaks of that which centers around the Kingdom of God — the Lost sheep of Israel, particularly, those of them who are part of the Kingdom of God. So, where John wrote of the evil one being in control of the world...
....John did so in reference to the world as described by Jesus Christ in the parable of the wheat and Tares where the enemy is allowed to thrive in the Kingdom of God until the Lord returns to judge all and do away with those who are not His. undecided
Those outside of the world that is the Kingdom of God are not impacted or affected by that which John described. undecided

As for what is written in Daniel 5 vs 21, indeed, God rules over the entire world, but recall that He allowed men to have their way since after the fall of Adam, so, He is not concerned about how much evil men inflict upon themselves as His one and only concern has been His Israel and His Israel alone. He made this clear in Deuteronomy 32 that Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men. What that means is that even if nations were to nuke themselves today, so long as His Israel is not impacted, God will likely do nothing to stop it. So, you are wrong in assuming in the first place that there is a limit to the amount of evil God is willing to allow. grin
very good, but why at that 1 John 5:19 quoted in part saying: ".... the whole world lyeth in the power of the wicked one " pls can you explain to us the phrase " the whole world "?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
very good, but why at that 1 John 5:19 quoted in part saying: ".... the whole world lyeth in the power of the wicked one " pls can you explain to us the phrase " the whole world "?
Until Jesus Christ returns to judge the world — those in the Kingdom of God — those who are of the enemy in the Kingdom of God will continue to thrive. That much is made clear in the Parable of wheat and Tares. There are many more enemies than there are Children of God in the Kingdom of God, thanks to the Broad gate which leads into the Kingdom of God which multitudes will find and enter through. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:45am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I didn't refute any of the scriptures I quoted. Instead, I pointed out that your assumptions regarding what is written are what is wrong! undecided

Read my response again to see this. undecided
here we go again, Please I can't remember refuting nor making any personal conclusion about the topic of this post. So please I will love to be furnished with the details regarding such claim, for the purpose of clarity thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can One Acquire Faith? / Sweetnecta & Co. If Sandusky Is A Sick Man: / Israel Admits To Sterilizing African Jews To Prevent Births

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.