Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? (1689 Views)

MINISTRY OF HUMAN AFFAIRS, GOD'S KINGDOM / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Until Jesus Christ returns to judge the world — those in the Kingdom of God — those who are of the enemy in the Kingdom of God will continue to thrive. That much is made clear in the Parable of wheat and Tares. There are many more enemies than there are Children of God in the Kingdom of God, thanks to the Broad gate which leads into the Kingdom of God which multitudes will find and enter through. undecided
please sir did you read that portion? Cos I don't get this your comment
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
here we go again, Please I can't remember refuting nor making any personal conclusion about the topic of this post. So please I will love to be furnished with the details regarding such claim, for the purpose of clarity thanks sir
This is a post of yours from earlier...
Oxfordgrade:
accountable to amount evil that is permissible in this world
...assuming there was some sort of limit to the amount of evil allowed on the earth. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
please sir did you read that portion? Cos I don't get this your comment
The world === the Kingdom of God, that which pertains only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is a post of yours from earlier... ...assuming there was some sort of limit to the amount of evil allowed on the earth. undecided
don't also forget this was given in response to your question
Kobojunkie:
Accountable to in what sense? undecided
now, I can see you are playing smart sir 😀
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 7:57am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
don't also forget this was given in response to your question now, I can see you are playing smart sir 😀
But you didn't respond to my question at all. undecided

Also, why would I want to "play smart" with you? undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 7:59am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The world === the Kingdom of God, that which pertains only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided
sir why do you see white and choose to call black? Ask your self again does this your interpretation of that 1 John 5vs19 make sense to you?
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 8:02am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But you didn't respond to my question at all. undecided

Also, why would I want to "play smart" with you? undecided
And what is the question I didn't response to sir
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
sir why do you see white and choose to call black? Ask your self again does this your interpretation of that 1 John 5vs19 make sense to you?
This isn't an interpretation of any kind as we have 3 works from the same writer to pull references from--- The Gospel according to John, The epistle of John, and the Book of Revelation. In the other 2, references to "the world" has been in reference to the people of Israel, those to whom the Kingdom of God was made available to. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This isn't an interpretation of any kind as we have 3 works from the same writer to pull references from--- The Gospel according to John, The epistle of John, and the Book of Revelation. In the other 2, references to "the world" has been in reference to the people of Israel, those to whom the Kingdom of God was made available to. undecided
So you mean to tell me "... the whole world..." phrase quoted was referring to the people of Israel? (1John 5:19)
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 8:32am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
So you mean to tell me "... the whole world..." phrase quoted was referring to the people of Israel? (1John 5:19)
YES! So long as the context of discussion is the Kingdom of God, "the world" is a reference to Israel/Lost sheep of Israel, those of the House of Israel for whom the Kingdom of God belongs. That is what is the case in the Gospel of John, and pretty much the epistles and the much of the book of Revelation undecided

Example, when John wrote of the world in John 1 and John 3, the world in both cases was in reference to Israel.. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2023
There's a secret you need to know:
When Jesus established Christianity he referred to his followers as "SHEEP" {Matthew 10:6; John 10:1-16} this domestic pet always feels insecure without the flock it's only in the midst of it's kind that a sheep feels safe so nobody can claim he or she is a Christian if such a person can't present the organization of his or her fellow believers {Matthew 12:19} in fact Jesus emphasized that the first sign of assurance that you're on the road to everlasting life is the global family of peace loving worshipers who will serve as your brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties, mothers and fathers! Matthew 19:27-29

So when you find anyone arguing about Jesus Christ but unable to present his or her family in the house of faith {Matthew 10:6} know that such ones don't want to submit to any form of teaching which will make them a member of humble believers {John 17:20-23} that's why Jesus said he will condemn such ones as workers of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) {Matthew 7:21-23} because they just want to set up their own personal standard! Romans 10:2-3 smiley
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 8:51am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
YES! So long as the context of discussion is the Kingdom of God, "the world" is a reference to Israel/Lost sheep of Israel, those of the House of Israel for whom the Kingdom of God belongs. That is what is the case in the Gospel of John, and pretty much the epistles and the much of the book of Revelation undecided

Example, when John wrote of the world in John 1 and John 3, the world in both cases was in reference to Israel.. undecided
please read this _ Act 17:11 and stop this gross ignorance. I appreciate your input so far, God bless you sir
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 8:58am On Jan 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
There's a secret you need to know:
When Jesus established Christianity he referred to his followers as "SHEEP" {Matthew 10:6; John 10:1-16} this domestic pet always feels insecure without the flock it's only in the midst of it's kind that a sheep feels safe so nobody can claim he or she is a Christian if such a person can't present the organization of his or her fellow believers {Matthew 12:19} in fact Jesus emphasized that the first sign of assurance that you're on the road to everlasting life is the global family of peace loving worshipers who will serve as your brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties, mothers and fathers! Matthew 19:27-29

So when you find anyone arguing about Jesus Christ but unable to present his or her family in the house of faith {Matthew 10:6} know that such ones don't want to submit to any form of teaching which will make them a member of humble believers {John 17:20-23} that's why Jesus said he will condemn such ones as workers of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) {Matthew 7:21-23} because they just want to set up their own personal standard! Romans 10:2-3 smiley
you are right my brother

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 9:03am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
please read this _ Act 17:11 and stop this gross ignorance. I appreciate your input so far, God bless you sir
I am afraid the ignorance here stems from the fact that you think it makes sense to ignore scripture established context in order that you may instead apply what what written broadly and widely. undecided

Again.... So long as the context of discussion is the Kingdom of God, "the world" is a reference to Israel/Lost sheep of Israel, those of the House of Israel for whom the Kingdom of God belongs. That is what is the case in the Gospel of John, and pretty much the epistles and the much of the book of Revelation undecided

YHWH is God of Israel. Jesus Christ was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel. So everything is localized around Israel in scripture. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ is not the one who first referred to His followers as sheep. Instead, God did that as far back as Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 32 where He announced that He, the good Shepherd, would gather His sheep back to Himself. So, when Jesus Christ announced Himself as the good Shepherd, and referred to His followers as sheep, Jesus Christ was simply mimicking His Father. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid the ignorance here stems from the fact that you think it makes sense to ignore scripture established context in order that you may instead apply what what written broadly and widely. undecided

Again.... So long as the context of discussion is the Kingdom of God, "the world" is a reference to Israel/Lost sheep of Israel, those of the House of Israel for whom the Kingdom of God belongs. That is what is the case in the Gospel of John, and pretty much the epistles and the much of the book of Revelation undecided

YHWH is God of Israel. Jesus Christ was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel. So everything is localized around Israel in scripture. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ is not the one who first referred to His followers as sheep. Instead, God did that as far back as Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 32 where He announced that He, the good Shepherd, would gather His sheep back to Himself. So, when Jesus Christ announced Himself as the good Shepherd, and referred to His followers as sheep, Jesus Christ was simply mimicking His Father. undecided
please sir if you insist the new testament revolve around Israel, make me understand this two Bible verses _ Galatians 3:7,8
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
please sir if you insist the new testament revolve around Israel, make me understand this two Bible verses _ Galatians 3:7,8
Why do you folks always pretend the words of a mere servant should hold more weight than that of his master? It never ceases to amaze me how so many of you who claim your salvation comes from Jesus Christ lift His apostles up as Messiah in His place. undecided

What aspect of what Paul wrote there in Galatians 3 vs 6- 9 do you suppose contradicts God's declaration that His new agreement Jesus Christ is only for those who are of the House of Jacob - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 26 & Ezekiel 36 vs 21 - 28? undecided

Explain to me since I may not see what you probably see. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39am On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
you are right my brother
Jesus is always right that's why it's in our best interest to BELIEVE (TRUST) his teachings.
Nobody is perfect so we can't meet up with the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} as imperfect individuals {Romans 3:23} but when we associate with fellow believers whose objectives is to put on the new personality we will succeed in getting ourselves involved with the Body of Christ which is the congregation {Ephesians 4:22-24} and there we will be encouraged to love and fine works! Hebrews 10:24-25

That's why faithless religionists do refer to JWs as a CULT {Matthew 10:25} because we're united in love {John 13:34-35} and we all have the same line of thought! John 17:22; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why do you folks always pretend the words of a mere servant should hold more weight than that of his master? It never ceases to amaze me how so many of you who claim your salvation comes from Jesus Christ lift His apostles up as Messiah in His place. undecided

What aspect of what Paul wrote there in Galatians 3 vs 6- 9 do you suppose contradicts God's declaration that His new agreement Jesus Christ is only for those who are of the House of Jacob - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 26 & Ezekiel 36 vs 21 - 28? undecided

Explain to me since I may not see what you probably see. undecided
So if every holy writing in the new testament according to u is about Israel why should any other person practice Christianity as a non Israeli? And please make me understand which one is the word of the master and that of the servant.
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 10:53am On Jan 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is always right that's why it's in our best interest to BELIEVE (TRUST) his teachings.
Nobody is perfect so we can't meet up with the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} as imperfect individuals {Romans 3:23} but when we associate with fellow believers whose objectives is to put on the new personality we will succeed in getting ourselves involved with the Body of Christ which is the congregation {Ephesians 4:22-24} and there we will be encouraged to love and fine works! Hebrews 10:24-25

That's why faithless religionists do refer to JWs as a CULT {Matthew 10:25} because we're united in love {John 13:34-35} and we all have the same line of thought! John 17:22; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
Brother max, your words of encouragement is well appreciated, and I want to say this post has helped me see critical area I need to work on in my ministry of defence. Please send my warm greetings to brothers over there... specially send you my brotherly love 🤗
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Brother max, your words of encouragement is well appreciated, and I want to say this post has helped me see critical area I need to work on in my ministry of defence. Please send my warm greetings to brothers over there... specially send you my brotherly love 🤗
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

smiley
yes oo, and there no greater joy than serving and going out to defend the King of the universe
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
■So if every holy writing in the new testament according to u is about Israel ■why should any other person practice Christianity as a non Israeli?
■And please make me understand which one is the word of the master and that of the servant.
1. Holy Writing? The book is not Holy. It is a compendium of books written by human hands documenting events as experienced by humans in human language for the consumption and comprehended by humans minds. undecided

2. The new agreement, Jesus Christ, was never meant for non-Isrealites. He went as far as to instruct His disciples not to give that which is Holy -- the agreement-- to the dogs--- non-Israelites. undecided

3. The Word of the Master, Jesus Christ, is the Gospel and Law, God's New Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God- the Law by which all those who belong to Jesus Christ will be judged, the standard of God's approval. All of Paul's epistles combined do not include a mention of what is over 95% of this Law we are meant to live by. So attempts at validating the Law, Jesus Christ, against Paul amounts amounts to placing the servant above His supposed Master in your life. undecided
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
yes oo, and there no greater joy than serving and going out to defend the King of the universe

We really want to imitate our God
To be impartial, as we know he is
To save all sorts of people is his will
He welcomes all to come and to be his.

(CHORUS)
It’s the person, not the place
It’s the heart and not the face
God’s message to all people we extend
So because we really care
We keep preaching ev’rywhere
All sorts of people can become God’s friend.

It doesn’t matter where they may be found
Or what at first they might appear to be
What really counts is what they are at heart—The inner self, the one Jehovah sees.

(CHORUS)It’s the person, not the place
All sorts of people can become God’s friend

Jehovah welcomes all who make the choice
To leave the world and all its ways behind
This we have learned,
and this we want to share
And so we preach to people of all kinds.

3 Likes

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Oxfordgrade: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

We really want to imitate our God
To be impartial, as we know he is
To save all sorts of people is his will
He welcomes all to come and to be his.

(CHORUS)
It’s the person, not the place
All sorts of people can become God’s friend.

It doesn’t matter where they may be found
Or what at first they might appear to be
What really counts is what they are at heart—The inner self, the one Jehovah sees.

Jehovah welcomes all who make the choice
To leave the world and all its ways behind
This we have learned,
and this we want to share
And so we preach to people of all kinds.

well done brother

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
Christians blame Satan for their actions so much that in some countries and cultures Satan gets the full blame. I've seen African men cheat and cry to the village and say Satan made them do it, and they have a goofy priest do a public exorcism on the man. I've seen this. It's a culture. The man later gets off scott free, his wife forgives him and the whole family says it was Satan.

Weeks later he's back to having affairs with whomever. It's sick.

Satan has a job to test us. nothing more. We can fail, or we can pass the test. Either way it's on us. Imagine suddenly if Christians could ONLY blame themselves for their past actions and present actions and future doings.
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Satan is to blame for all these troubles due to one single reason:
He (Satan) introduced politics where a human assume he or she should rule over his or her fellow human, had it not been for politics 99.9999 evil in the world will not be!
Take for instance if all humans share things equally and there is nothing like class we will all think positively and justice will always prevail but in the case where someone suffering is offered a way out of poverty he or she may and in most cases pervert justice by outrightly lying just to earn money.
So Satan introduced politics and it's through politics promotes bad habits like:

sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, envy, drunkenness, wild parties. Galatians 5:19-21

Judy Austin snatched the husband of he friend and colleague in the movie industry and almost everyone is pointing accusing fingers at her but when she publicly endorsed PO Netizens:

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/nollywood/1517181-sins-forgiven-netizens-calm-yul-edochies-2nd-wife-judy-austin-declares-support-obi/

sonmvayina:
Christians blame Satan for their actions so much that in some countries and cultures Satan gets the full blame. I've seen African men cheat and cry to the village and say Satan made them do it, and they have a goofy priest do a public exorcism on the man. I've seen this. It's a culture. The man later gets off scott free, his wife forgives him and the whole family says it was Satan.
Weeks later he's back to having affairs with whomever. It's sick.
Satan has a job to test us. nothing more. We can fail, or we can pass the test. Either way it's on us. Imagine suddenly if Christians could ONLY blame themselves for their past actions and present actions and future doings.

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Eviana(f): 12:57am On Jan 31, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
please I want you to contrast this two Bible portion: John 3:16; 17:3; Who deserved, the most honoure, and tell me what do you see wrong if interchanging the two personality?

Sir,
Anyone who has been in the Religion section for at least the past almost 7 years, knows that my tradition is that I will converse with a poster, but after a certain time and (when I see that a possible debate/argument is brewing), I end my contribution.
So who I am to break tradition?

Prayerfully, you'll go back re-read over my few posts here and allow the Holy Spirit to grant you a better understanding of my words.
I appreciate you conversing with me..... smiley

Ms. Eviana
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 31, 2023
To Live Long You Have To Survive This

Apostle Joshua Selman

Listen And Learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ln3Wvgomx8
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 31, 2023
Have you not read that the earth is the Lord's and again he gave it to man to exercise dominion over it.

Satan is not in charge, God is in charge. Satan was created; Satan didn't create earth, God did.
Out of Satan's rebellion he was casted down and he uses his spiritual techniques as spirit that he is to manipulate the inhabitants of earth to rebel against God.

God gave us will, the will to choose. He sets before us life and death and that we should choose life that we might live. It's unfortunate that many choose the contrary via their decision then getting out of alignment from God and becoming a tool to the devil.

I tried to keep this as simple as possible.
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by FarmTech(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2023
Eviana:

I don't see either as greater...
I see them as equal in a sense.
I use Jesus and God the Father interchangeably both on this site and in real life. I'm usually speaking of them both when I use either Jesus Christ or the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.
I honor Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I honor God as my Father.
John 14:6 (KJV)....
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I always end my prayers, "In Jesus' name."

I believe in the Godhead of :God the Father, God the Son--Jesus and The Holy Spirit.
I acknowledege the deity of Jesus Christ-- hence why I said Creator....the deity places Him as equal to the Father in my eyes.
My apologies for the confusion this may have caused. It can appear complicated and confusing to some.

What matters the most to me is the One who died for me, will accept my confession of sin(s), and can forgive and cleanse me into a new creature in Him.

Ms. Eviana
God is greater than Jesus.
1 Corinthians 15:27
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

1 Like

Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
but according to that verse it said: everything God created was good.

And isn't everything there good? Even evil was trapped in a good compartment exactly like acid kept in a can, with the instruction "Do not Use".

So was there anything bad there? No. All was good.
Re: Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? by Eviana(f): 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
FarmTech:

God is greater than Jesus.
1 Corinthians 15:27
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Understood....
I would never want folks to think that I don't honor The Creator of the Universe--God the Father.
I just wanted to give honor also to the Son of God--Jesus...the One who died for my sins.
I thought the OP wanted to get into something deeper.
Thank you..
Ms. Eviana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Purpose Urself This Month / Stories From Sunday School / The Psalm Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.