Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action (30173 Views)

Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Okorocha Reacts To APC Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by adioolayi(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2023
It's now he is waking up to the reality that the policy implementation saboteurs are within the bank itself.

The checks and balances that they CBN should have out in place from day 1...

It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by baralatie(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2023
Mccullum:
Speaking tough won't solve the challenges of insufficiency of the new naira notes in circulation, CBN would strategize how to sanctions banks that fail to disburse the notes in circulation as expected.
And what happens if it is the cbn that is not supplying the new notes to the banks?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by IamANigerianMan: 9:04am On Jan 30, 2023
RichDad1:
This spineless mofo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ if heโ€™s that tough why is he running away from the DSS?
Stop rubbish SSS on their own cannot arrest CBN governor... Stop thinking like adult with children mentality, if SSS has allegation against him, they will first write to president, president seek legal advice from AGF before any action... Arrest CBN governor without the know of Mr President? Joke of the century.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by BeauBragnar11: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2023
Mccullum:
Speaking tough won't solve the challenges of insufficiency of the new naira notes in circulation, CBN suppose to strategize how to sanctions banks that fail to disburse new notes in circulation as expected.

You still do not get it!!!!
There's not a time the new notes would be proportionate with the old, This isn't a currency swap as the name implies, it's rather a currency mop up....
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by WHITELIGHTER: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
who is we?

You and I
The Bank Managers
Bank Staff
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by baralatie(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2023
Hmmm!
Emefiele you better start sending those new notes o:

Before you know Buhari wey you dey use cover face go shift for you when he clear say him pipu go suffer shortage
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by chymeze: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2023
gaby:
Buhari's Anobaku and current henchman has spoken.

I trust Bubu, him just dey look this pear-headed thief with corner eye.

When he's done with his current checkmate na another person him go send to match Emebobo belle for am to vomit him own loot.

No matter what you think of Buhari, he is one man you can't point any material acquisitions to as being directly linked to him corruption-wise and a man like him is the only person that can match the rogues in out polity head-on with nothing to blackmail him with.

The more reason why Tinubu disgusts him.

What are you doing with all the material acquisitions and embezzlements for God sake? And now you still have the nerve and a sense of entitlement to say Emilokan to pocket the entire country?

Over Buhari's living and dead body.
The problem is not his non-acquisition of wealth. The problem is that he's too docile and just allows his cabals and relatives to keep looting and destroying this nation. You really think it's Emefiele that runs CBN? Where do you think all these forex issues emanated from? I strongly believe that once we can have a president that not only has integrity but is fully in charge then we'd begin to see real changes. That was one of the problems with GEJ. He was a good man but he was never fully in charge. Infact though not fully in charge, he was in better in charge of those around him than Buhari himself. That's why I still respect Obasanjo till today. Even his ministers and agency heads feared him because they knew that any nonsense they did, they'd receive their surprise sack on television next day. And that's one reason why I'm rooting for Peter Obi or Kwankwaso. We need men in charge.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Parachoko: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2023
bestman09:
sad
I don't like this man but I love how he works quietly even when it seems like the heavens will fall, perhaps he have a great support and resistance pillar
Person wey under his watch, the value of the Naira fall yakata? sad
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by GBTYO: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerians are daft.

Even by the very low quality of the new notes,one can see that this new notes are only meant as a temporary measure.

When I dey shout here that the volume of new notes will be severely limited to that of the old and that this policy is geared only to roll out the WEF CBDC policy that will translate to a global single currency idiots here they curse their father.

Also,ask yourself why only Obi has refuses to comment on this policy and why his retinue of Jewish bought and owned shills collapsed from Endsars, BLM,BBOG and IPOB are the only ones defending both Emefile and Buhari.

If you see a known armed robber posing as a commercial driver you go enter the motor ?

See how everyone critical to this policy is automatically ridiculed as a Tinubu supporter.

Nigerians should be very careful. Because a greater disaster in the form of Igbo Zionists that will slavishly do all the dirty work of the International Jewish banksters are assembling under the unapologetic Zionist Obi.

These people hate Nigeria and Nigerians.

Give them power and you will see hell.

I have said my own
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by dododawa1: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2023
English too much
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Scandium: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2023
The new notes are not very much available. Only little of it are in circulation

Check my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Emola12(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Buhari and emefiele are thieves tinubu is a criminal
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
From his statement, the volume of new notes printed was not mentioned for the umpteenth time.

What's going on

If you're familiar with the working ethics of the CBN, you'll understand that going by their financial act, it is inappropriate to comprehensively state how much has been printed and put in circulation so far, until the incubation period of the initiative is exhausted.

In plain terms, CBN is still printing and circulating. They cannot tell you and the public the exact amount that has been put out at this very moment. But once the window for cash swap has been exhausted, they'll circulate more, then come out with a press release as to how much has been put in circulation, which in all honesty, is quite unnecessary from my point of view. If you watched the video, you'd have heard when he stated the approximate value of hard currency that should be in circulation.

So, what you're asking for right now, is not doable. It defeats the purpose of the initiative. If you're a corrupt politician and I am the CBN governor, it will be a mistake on my part if I go to the media to say, "hey, we've printed and disbursed 600billion so far, and we'll be disbursing another 800billion in the days ahead." What's stopping you as the corrupt politician from going to the head branches of major banks and booking for a rendition of those funds to your residence for a reasonable commission?

This is Nigeria my brother. The corruption is endemic and as much as you recognise it in people in your daily dealings, those people up there also see it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by windvane(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2023
gaby:

When he's done with his current checkmate na another person him go send to match Emebobo belle for am to vomit him own loot.

No matter what you think of Buhari, he is one man you can't point any material acquisitions to as being directly linked to him corruption-wise and a man like him is the only person that can match the rogues in out polity head-on with nothing to blackmail him with.

What are you doing with all the material acquisitions and embezzlements for God sake? And now you still have the nerve and a sense of entitlement to say Emilokan to pocket the entire country?

what did Buhari meant by if he is declared winner,there would be blood shed back in 2015?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Parachoko: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2023
Buddha3:

It defeats the purpose of the initiative. If you're a
What's the purpose of the CBN Cashless policy that predates Emefiele?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by hohafrank(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2023
Tinubu and other corrupt politicians must be taught the bitter lesson of their lives. Fools.
Emefiele ride on.Buhari and patriotic Nigerians are solidly behind you because you mean well for Nigeria.
If they like they should hoard the new naira notes to create artificial scarcity to sabotage your efforts.It wouldn't work.
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2023
Parachoko:
What's the purpose of the CBN Cashless policy that predates Emefiele?

I don't understand what part of my statement you quoted, so I don't know what to reply you.
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by matm: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2023
Emefiele shld talk tough on banks not loading the new naira notes and not on the masses not depositing.
When u deposit and u can get ur money back, u will go Hungary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Parachoko: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2023
Buddha3:

I don't understand what part of my statement you quoted, so I don't know what to reply you.

Buddha3:

In plain terms, CBN is still printing and circulating. They cannot tell you and the public the exact amount that has been put out at this very moment. But once the window for cash swap has been exhausted, they'll circulate more, then come out with a press release as to how much has been put in circulation, which in all honesty, is quite unnecessary from my point of view. If you watched the video, you'd have heard when he stated the approximate value of hard currency that should be in circulation.

So, what you're asking for right now, is not doable.It defeats the purpose of the initiative. If you're a corrupt politician and I am the CBN governor, it will be a mistake on my part if I go to the media to say.

The CBN Cashless policy that Emefiele is rushing to kickoff right now predates Emefiele

You said having an extension of a policy that have been ongoing for more than 10 years purpose will be defeated if there's an extension of the deadline

So I am asking you, why is the CBN Cashless policy created?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by AmazingELixir: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2023
grin

They should start with Tinubu.....he should explain how he got the "Ghana must go" filled new naira notes bundles from which he gave out a bundle to a supposed beggar according to APC in one of their rallies in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by stickle(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2023
baralatie:

Well he is just creating a serious image crisis for the
You can say that again.
It is obvious that the policy is targeted at certain persons and not to improve economy.
I was in support of the idea before but when it became obvious that it is just to achieve political agenda, I give up.
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by vikstandon(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerian banks are the issue...

Bankers have been aiding corruption.
Let there be a death sentence in place for people who operate in scale of corruption like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by lexy2014: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:
The problem isn't CBN but Banks and ourselves....the new money is there but as usual we take advantage of people's disadvantages

How do you know that the problem is the banks and not CBN?

How do you know that "the new money is there"? There where?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by lexy2014: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2023
vikstandon:
Nigerian banks are the issue...

Bankers have been aiding corruption.
Let there be a death sentence in place for people who operate in scale of corruption like this.

How are banks the issue?

What corruption are you referring to?
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Babastrong(m): 10:05am On Jan 30, 2023
[quote author=gaby post=120483913]Buhari's Anobaku and current henchman has spoken.

Over Buhari's living and dead body.[ All of you campaigning for , PETER OBI, KWANKWASO AND ATIKU, your brains have turned upside down. Only gods can heal your mumu. To hell with these 3 politicians and their supporters]
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Parachoko:

The CBN Cashless policy that Emefiele is rushing to kickoff right now predates Emefiele

You said having an extension of a policy that have been ongoing for more than 10 years purpose will be defeated if there's an extension of the deadline

So I am asking you, why is the CBN Cashless policy created?

How do some of you read a particular thing and translate it to mean something else?

Where in my comment did you see me say an extension of the deadline is going to defeat any financial policies? This is how you people twist other people's words just for the sole aim of perpetuating mischief.

Na these kind misrepresentations dey start false rumours.
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by vikstandon(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2023
lexy2014:

How are banks the issue?

What corruption are you referring to?

My friend the directive is, don't dispense above a certain amount of the new currency to an individual.

Most banks and their officials deal out this new currency to corrupt individuals in exchange for the ill gotten funds. Why then will the new currency not be scarce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by baralatie(m): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2023
vikstandon:

My friend the directive is, don't dispense above a certain amount of the new currency to an individual.

Most banks and their officials deal out this new currency to corrupt individuals in exchange for the ill gotten funds. Why then will the new currency not be scarce.
Have you asked on thing
What happens if the cbn did not stock the banks with the requisite new notes.
For example,a bank has in it's stock #1 billion naira old notes and CBN sent #200 million naira new notes.
Is that not shortage
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Amayabor1: 10:45am On Jan 30, 2023
Is this Emefiele's voice? Why is the voice not in sync with the Emefiele's lips movement?

Anyways, anything to stop vote buying is welcomed!
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Jack500: 10:45am On Jan 30, 2023
gaby:

Keep fooling yourself, in your foolishness, Tinubu like you, doesn't have access to the new notes? Dey play ๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action by bonnyhope: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2023
bennybuhari:
In a saner clime, This man should be out by now but Nigerians are mugus

You just want talk

Can you mention his offence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG / Photos and Video From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Enugu / Abba Gida-gida Vows To Reopen โ€˜murder Caseโ€™ Against Doguwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.