Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,945 members, 7,824,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You (61829 Views)

What Would U Do When A Girl/lady Older Than You Start Hitting On You Hard / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? / Lady Older Than The Man In Marriage,does It Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Claus(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
If the lady wasn't threatening you, the answer would simply be, if you love her and she is right for you, marry her and don't waste her time.

However, I'd be careful about marrying someone who is threatening you in such a way.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by atasteve: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

Nairalanders, i have been pondering a lot lately. I have a Girl friend two years older than me. She is in her early 30's. She is on my neck I should get married to her else she skins me alive. My question is : Is it right to marry someone older than you? Be it love or whatever. She has promised to go nak.ed & swear if I don't propose to her

Marrying a lady older than you is nothing new or strange if there is mutual conviction and love. But marrying by force as you stated in your post is what is NOT good for you.

If you are convinced that the love is there, the two of you are comfortable with the age difference and you have peace with God; then it might be the best for you.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by yomickey(m): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
cliveland:

y are men always dramatic when it is a lady that is asking, ?

Because it is scary and we are not wired for such forceful approaches from ladies especially when curses and the likes are involved.

poster u have obviously dated this lady for sometime, it isnt like she kidnapped u and perhaps u knew what she craved for not "demanded" from the onset and obviously pretended you could give in, now u come painting her bad, that isnt fair man, man up your responsibilities. if she has given so much to "u" then crown it all by standing by her till die.

To stand by her is not the issue but there is always an underlying fator when an older lady wants you to marry her by fire by force. Be very careul mate, people in your shoes no dey find am easy at the end of the day.

if i was luck to find a lady 2-5 older than me when i was almost ready and she wasnt going to be liability financially,emotionally and physically i'll stroll down the alter happily.

Guy, leave story now.

My 2 kobo advise.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Phrankin(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
If you are not ready to marry her, then what have you been doing with her all this while?
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by profatom: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
dont always think about the present, think of what fruit the relationship will bear as u go more older, because she will expire at a fater rate than you
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by franko2: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
the question, to my mind, should have been; is it wrong to marry a lady older than you?

that way, i think the issue would have been better shown in its ridiculousness

in the Naija context, respect is paramount, and the conventional way and wisdom accords the man headship of the house, as in okwu si ogwu, oga kpata kpata so, if u are convinced u love each other well enough, and shes demonstrably ready, able and willing to accord seniority and deference to u the man, in the home hierarchy, then;

what God has put together, let no man/woman put asunder

1 Like

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by splitnaija(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nothing wrong with just 2yrs in between, I've dated someone 15yrs older and I handled her like I was 10 yrs her senior. Of course she loved and respected me for that singular fact. But there's a whole lot wrong if you need to beg her not to carry out her threat. So long as your hands are clean, no one can harm you. However, if it's a case of she making you to stand as a man and then all of a sudden you now realize she's older and not good for marriage then, you're in a deep shit.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by chidyke77(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
We hv 1000's of ths topic treated here yet some folks are stil askin d same question all over again.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by buzugee(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
profatom:

dont always think about the present,  think of what fruit the relationship will bear as u go more older,  because she will expire at a fater rate than you
i didnt know human beings expired. thanks for that new concept. and if you are talking about death, women always live longer than men.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Ik1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
***goes
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Greenslim: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
love knows no bound
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Ik1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2011
***goes to get NIKE and puts it on, onbehalf of sly4life and starts running wit d speed of light**** threaten!!!! Ah dat's too much,am going out wit a girl dat's older dan me wit 3 yrs and we've bin 2geda peaceful,I tink d key is establishing u been d head of d relationship/marriage and u nor fit do all dis one wit all dis threat o.pls accept dis gift

Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by dabrake(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

Tx for your comments. She has made it as a note to me that there is nowhere I can run. Like some peeps indicated that I should run 4 my dear life. She meant it as a threat. She is from Edo and have shown me sample of her threat. At a point she went uncloth ready to swear for me. I pleaded not to do so. I want to flea but where do  go. She has all my details and even where I work
@ 1st bolded, wad nonsense?
@ 2nd bolded, bullshyt!!!
@ 3rd bolded, and u beleived it wil work. ryt?
@ 4th bolded, is she an assasin?
@ poster, u dey dull. if na  mi, i for don lock d gul 4 guard room. wich kain threat b dat? buh poster, undastand d gul frustration nah. she wan marry cuz tym isnt on ha side. btw, y did u go out wyt ha in d 1st place if u ddnt wantd 2 marry ha? frm ur comment, it seems ur luking 4 a way 2 run away frm d relationship and it isnt fair cuz u wolld hv informed ha frm d onset. y bringing d age factor here? wil u tel dis enlightened forum dat u weren't aware that she wuz older than u wen u started dating ha? me personally, i define wad i want frm d relationships i go in2 .it is left 4 d gul 2 agree. bros, u no try. buh guy, do sumfin nxt tym she threaten u again. she b boko haram?

bck 2 d question, i would, i will and i will still marry a gul older than mi provided d respect is there. wyt d cash, i will love-vendor ha well. afta all, STELLA OBASANJO wuz about 60yrs b4 she died and ahe wuz stil lukin young
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by komole: 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2011
Currently strafing a lady 5 years older than me. She is a Professional, Works in a top notch organization and also very independent.

The only issue is that their is a distance bearer within us. We stay in two opposite ends of the country.

She is fun to be with and absolutely respects me. I am in control!!!

I prefer dating older ladies as it is less stressful and expensive than dating all those small okpekes out there
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by alexola20(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by ochukoccna: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ OP,
Kini big deal shocked shocked shocked shocked
Looked forward to it in my younger days
It just didn't happen
Don't think I can do it now though because of the biological clock thing
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by haboosa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ poster , i know definitely from all ur replies on this post both of u has gone a long way, please before i advice you on this post i will like you to answer this few questions
1. when did the relationship start?
2.when did you know she is older than you?
3.how many times you ve slept with her before you know the age diff?
4.how many tymes you ve slept with her after you notice the age diff?
5. what were you thinking when you are on her when you've notice the age diff?(banging ur elder sis? undecided?)
answers to the above questions will form my opinion on this topic so answer now
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by dustydee: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
if you love her marry her otherwise free her fast.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sley4life(m): 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
joaoche:

Poster you ARE JUST FOoL OF S;HIT, YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR EVERY JUSTIFICATION TO DUMP HER [B]SO YOU WOUNT FEEL GUILTY[/B] WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO COME TO NL FOR HELP [B] WHAT A LOOSER[/B]
u were damn harsh. In marriage you have to take your time. Im more concerned about the threat and the age. Sometimes in our relationship when we have a lil misunderstanding she tells me that in age she is older than me and I should watch my track. She is using the age differences on me. Like she is more advanced than me, bla bla bla
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by haboosa(m): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

u were damn harsh. In marriage you have to take your time. Im more concerned about the threat and the age. Sometimes in our relationship when we have a lil misunderstanding she tells me that in age she is older than me and I should watch my track. She is using the age differences on me. Like she is more advanced than me, bla bla bla
, answer my questions above or dont you want me to advice you ?
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by femionasan(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by sley4life(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
in terms of size im heavier than her. When i dated her she didnt tell me her age. She told me her age in ranges so I felt I was older than her until I saw her International passport with the real age. I screamed. But the relationship had gone far  by then. I still had my patient and knew in my heart the time i will walk through the aisle. But she is dragging the issue of marriage in a speedy rate.
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Tonyfrom: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
The MAJOR Problem you have is dat You have SLEPT with her and she is using it as a point of Contact, DONT OPEN YOUR EYES ' WIDE OPEN and enter into BONDAGE ,Brother PRAY WELL or go for a DELIVERANCE programed to BREAK every SEXUAL covenant you have with her or else YOu will not find life FUNNY (MARRIAGE IS HONORABLE IN ALL THE BED UNDEFILED )
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by francisj(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2011
I have read thru the thread and the replies and can't help but wonder what is your commitment to this gal that threathing to curse, have you make any vow,as in blood covenant. No bagga can force a real guy into a relationship that involve marriage !!!!!
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by femionasan(m): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
francisj:

I have read thru the thread and the replies and can't help but wonder what is your commitment to this gal that threathing to curse, have you make any vow,as in blood covenant. No bagga can force a real guy into a relationship that involve marriage !!!!!

What about magga? tongue grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by haboosa(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

in terms of size im heavier than her. When i dated her she didnt tell me her age. She told me her age in ranges so I felt I was older than her until I saw her International passport with the real age. I screamed. But the relationship had gone far  by then. I still had my patient and knew in my heart the time i will walk through the aisle. But she is dragging the issue of marriage in a speedy rate.
haboosa:

@ poster , i know definitely from all your replies on this post both of u has gone a long way, please before i advice you on this post i will like you to answer this few questions
1. when did the relationship start?
2.when did you know she is older than you?
3.how many times you ve slept with her before you know the age diff?
4.how many tymes you ve slept with her after you notice the age diff?
5. what were you thinking when you are on her when you've notice the age diff?(banging your elder sis? undecided?)
answers to the above questions will form my opinion on this topic so answer now
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
, you only answer few of the questions i asked you but nevertheless let me give you a little advice going via my experience. while i was still in university i dated a girl for like 2 months after which we had sex for the first tym and two weeks later i got to knw abt her age and i told her point blank that she was abt 9 months older than i do but she told me we can still carry on only for her to call me after the second month of my revelation to her that she wont be ok getting down with me cos she is older than i do, so she call it quit i felt bad but i cant do anything to stop her decision. but she later came to beg after she was duped by other guys by that tym it was too late.
in other hand i have my niece that marry a man she is older than, and they are happy now with two kids. so the whole thing is two ways you may get down with her and find it fruitful and you may get down and find it in the otherway round.
other things i can deduce is that you said she is too bossy and always claim she is older i bet you if she doesnt change you will live to regret your act of marrying her cos if a man that is older than her and hold enough money comes her way you will just turn to a forgone alternative but if she is cool headed i think there is nothing bad in marrying someone that is a little bit older than you so if you love her pls go ahead and marry her but if there is no love please leave your elder sister alone  wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by francisj(m): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
femionasan:

What about magga? tongue grin
They are all the same,either way you wanna called them;bagga,magga etc
Tony from:

The MAJOR Problem you have is dat You have SLEPT with her and she is using it as a point of Contact, DONT OPEN YOUR EYES ' WIDE OPEN and enter into BONDAGE ,Brother PRAY WELL or go for a DELIVERANCE programed to BREAK every intimate covenant you have with her or else YOu will not find life FUNNY (MARRIAGE IS HONORABLE IN ALL THE BED UNDEFILED )

Simply because you slee-p with a gal is no reason to be force to marry her,
imagine all the gal you have slept with,asking you to marry them or the will swear for ya,
Ii simply unimaginable!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
why look for trouble when it can be avoided, if this girlfriend of yours in Nigerian, i would say NO! Don't marry a Nigerian girl older than u, that's a NO NO! Learn from other peoples mistakes, talk to your parents and get advice about it,
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by tEsLim(m): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
Older ladies are fine they already know what they want. But if she's desperate its a no-no you guys need time to know each other. But most older naija girls are desperate because they think time ain't on their side. Nothing do age my g. Been there done that ,
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
Shuo, If she Nnaked, then you sef nakked, By the time she see your prickk dey stand pointing to her pucci she go smile one time and phock the living hell out of you
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by chrysso83(m): 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2011
Na wa o. To marry na by force? U sef wey dey complain u know what u did to her. Y should u be afraid she wants to curse u? The curse will only work if u have done her wrong. That kain threat no suppose fear u. Did u ever promise her marriage?
Re: Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You by INTERALIA(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2011
it is ok and tenable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish / 'Does Anybody Need A Wife? I'm Single' - Pretty Lady Tweets With Her Photos / DSP Francis Onugha Found Dead After Sex Romp In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.