Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) (34218 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested For Impersonating Kenyan First Lady / 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Westchester(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
Xchii:
the joke is on you O su cannibal

Go and cry you coneheaded ewedu and Yoruba eating afonja grin tongue
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by folake4u(f): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
qtguru:
I'm lowkey happy they are not igbos, let my tribe take the bullet for once. grin

Wahala. 🤣🤣
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Emdebby2: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
Using your greediness to paint others black.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Bobbiee: 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerians are cruel through and through. They ruin the country so hardly anyone can live in it. They intentionally vote in bad leaders so people would keep being miserable. They kill everyone's chance of escaping this hell hole by going into major crime abroad and causing our passport to be blacklisted. May God punish every and all Nigerians both home and abroad. May they all die miserable horrible deaths. May their corpses be feasted upon by crocodiles and monsters of the deep. May they forever lie forgotten in an unmarked location.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by BritishAirways: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dee60:
Could it be a hastily arranged business venture that went bad? There are some ambitous aircraft lessors (not operators) who promise such deals but end up not showing up if the numbers are not good enough. If that is the case, the two of them should just have refunded, though it will leave them with losses. Lesson 1, dont try to be ambitous with a business you dont know about.
deep and thoughtful
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by jcross19: 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Two Nigerians arrested in Canada for allegedly selling $500k worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets

A 44-year-old Nigerian lady, Gbemisola Akinrinade and one Adebowale Adiatu, 32, have been arrested by the police in Canada for allegedly selling $500,000 worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets.

The suspects, who are residents of Brampton and Vaughan respectively, between June and December 2021, allegedly misrepresented themselves as employees of travel agencies based out of the United Kingdom to secure access to an online booking portal belonging to a “major European airline.”

Peel police in a statement said the suspects fraudulently sold valid airline tickets to unsuspecting customers and collected the payments for financial gain.

More than 250 airline tickets were sold at a total value of approximately $500,000, the statement disclosed. Adding that the majority of the customers who purchased the tickets were from the Calgary area and the flights were primarily to Africa.

According to CanadaToday, the suspects are facing charges which include fraud over $5,000, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, possession of property obtained by crime and obtain by false pretense, unlawful use of a computer.

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoBLx5DhHSH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
can you see how stupid you people could be? If it's an Igbo name , you will highlighted it so that name will be bold but is now opposite!.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Coldie(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2023
Yoruba people don dae cast UK already, from there people been caught trying to sleep with underage girls to a care worker stealing her service users money.

Them go start am give the country bad name then start pointing fingers at others
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by vikstandon(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
NamePlace!
The forum is calm... No identification, if it were the the other way round now... We no go hear word.
No ethnic group has Monopoly of international crime.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by omoyeni37: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
Some people are just foolish, you managed to got a visa to japa from nigeria only to get to canada and started indulging in crimes, very greedy idiots....
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by kcdendelo: 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
youngrichnigga:
Them wan spoil Canada too😡😡😡😡
I swear
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Abuloma80(f): 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kharol1234:
Thank God not the usual names

Before them turn here to warzone

Yoruba 1 Vs Igbo 1

[color=#770077][/color]Look well Mr Poster both of them are from the same Region.

I am equally surprised that they are not from the popular Region that specialized for such. But these two the problems from their Region should have enough for them not to go into Financial Frauds. That Region are popular in Cultism, Mining parts from from living and dead etc
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Shimran(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
wallarwallar:
Division of labour,. Southwest na fraud, Southeast na drug and North dey scatter the country. Na who try pass
grin grin grin
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by HeroicMeastro: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
ibechris:
I am igbo and these people are Nigerians ( no tribe attached) but the hate others would have meted on us if it were igbo names makes me wonder how foolish some people are in this country.

A Nigerian was killed in South Africa,the laziest black nation on earth whose reputation is to hate other nation,and many on nairalanders were happy and they just concluded they are igbos.

A visit to South Africa would ultimately prove to you the kind of country South Africa is. If u are doing well in their country,they will just hate u as if u took their destiny away,even the white don't condone them till this very day.
Don't dare try to exonerate Igbos. They are already known for all the bad things globally.
Prostitution, drugs, cannibalism, scams and alot more you could think of.
They have completely destroyed the country's image globally.
They have no shame at all whatsoever.
They could go to any extent to have money regardless...
Back home in 9ja, they are known for the lack of hospitality, SE is the only region that you don't find other tribes cohabiting.
Left to me, they should be given their Biafra and none of them should be allowed to remain in Nigeria...
Bad eggs!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by GloriousGbola: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2023
qtguru:
I'm lowkey happy they are not igbos, let my tribe take the bullet for once. grin

Naa you don miss am.

Yoruba dey always represent in white collar crime in obodo oyibo.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Xchii: 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2023
Abuloma80:

[color=#770077][/color]Look well Mr Poster both of them are from the same Region.

I am equally surprised that they are not from the popular Region that specialized for such. But these two the problems from their Region should have enough for them not to go into Financial Frauds. That Region are popular in Cultism, Mining parts from from living and dead etc

that's comical coming from a crime ridden ibo, go and focus on your Ritual-infested afghanEastern shithole region. Just today in your usual cultural heritage
https://www.thecable.ng/three-officers-killed-as-gunmen-attack-ebonyi-enugu-border-checkpoint/amp
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Xchii: 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
kereman1:

My bad, corrected.
Bastard piggies are the lord of the ritual, ogun is not even a state its a ritual den.
which cursed tribe and state are you from?
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by FireUpNow(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dem want spoil Canada for us. Yeye people. Why always Nigerians and fraud?
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Ceejay57: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
brown roof republic and fraud, always destroy our country name all the time.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
ibechris:
I am igbo and these people are Nigerians ( no tribe attached) but the hate others would have meted on us if it were igbo names makes me wonder how foolish some people are in this country.

A Nigerian was killed in South Africa,the laziest black nation on earth whose reputation is to hate other nation,and many on nairalanders were happy and they just concluded they are igbos.

A visit to South Africa would ultimately prove to you the kind of country South Africa is. If u are doing well in their country,they will just hate u as if u took their destiny away,even the white don't condone them till this very day.
you've said nothing but the truth. Igbos and Yorubas have been known to always themselves trow shadss amongst themselves. Its a very sad thing tbh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by kay29000(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
ednut1:
Why is the woman now doing sad face Enjoy ya jail terms , stupid people

It seems she has cried her eyes out.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Danisaint112(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
wallarwallar:
Division of labour,. Southwest na fraud, Southeast na drug and North dey scatter the country. Na who try pass

I will give you the answer. People that try pass (worst) in ascending order;
The Hausa first (terrorism and banditry)
then Yorubas (fraud = heart break and curse)
before the igbos (Drug = Personal choice of intake)
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by StJasper(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
officialwdhtv:
Two Nigerians arrested in Canada for allegedly selling $500k worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets

A 44-year-old Nigerian lady, Gbemisola Akinrinade and one Adebowale Adiatu, 32, have been arrested by the police in Canada for allegedly selling $500,000 worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets.

The suspects, who are residents of Brampton and Vaughan respectively, between June and December 2021, allegedly misrepresented themselves as employees of travel agencies based out of the United Kingdom to secure access to an online booking portal belonging to a “major European airline.”

Peel police in a statement said the suspects fraudulently sold valid airline tickets to unsuspecting customers and collected the payments for financial gain.

More than 250 airline tickets were sold at a total value of approximately $500,000, the statement disclosed. Adding that the majority of the customers who purchased the tickets were from the Calgary area and the flights were primarily to Africa.

According to CanadaToday, the suspects are facing charges which include fraud over $5,000, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, possession of property obtained by crime and obtain by false pretense, unlawful use of a computer.

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoBLx5DhHSH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I was expecting to see my people's names on the list. Yorubas and financial scam are Siamese twins.

Some idiots will start abusing the government if Canadian government decides to deport Nigerians living in Canada.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Japastic: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
They've started, useless people.They want to block the chances of other Nigerians.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2023
The stupid OP no embolden the names because na Yorubas, if na Igbos , one fool go day shout Osu.
I just day pity yorubas daily. Like day day break i day pity many of them.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Don't dare try to exonerate Igbos. They are already known for all the bad things globally.
Prostitution, drugs, cannibalism, scams and alot more you could think of.
They have completely destroyed the country's image globally.
They have no shame at all whatsoever.
They could go to any extent to have money regardless...
Back home in 9ja, they are known for the lack of hospitality, SE is the only region that you don't find other tribes cohabiting.
Left to me, they should be given their Biafra and none of them should be allowed to remain in Nigeria...
Bad eggs!!

We are not asking you to Like Igbos, but as there are bad Igbos, there are bad yorubas. No tribe is rid or devoid of evil, its a personal thing. If you like, denigrate a tribe from now till thy kingdom come, It just shows a low IQ and positively, someone who in the obvious feels he has it all when he or she is Empty - You are very empty!
Your type of people do not grow, they remain stagnant with hate and what have you.

This is the reason Nigeria is where it is. People like you has refused to know anything.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by ModeEbo(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
If u japa use ur head make village people no carry u come back oooo
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Revolva(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerians go make canada now put eye for everyone
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by jaguars(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2023
OmoNla99:
This boys family is well known in Ogbomoso and he has finally brought the name of his family into total disrepute. How would you want your hardworking brothers and sisters to feel with this news.
Anyways, if you can do the crime you should do the time as well.

Hmnn.
Seems like you know him and the family?

O ga ooooo
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by cletz991(m): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
U already are!

BIGOT! undecided
1Alex:
I don't want to be tribal
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by kereman1: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
Xchii:
which cursed tribe and state are you from?

Fvcks wrong with u, go thru my post and u will see that I'm anti afonja

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by 123papas(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
wallarwallar:

No division of labour here. Afterall, Tinubu is from the SW and Invictus Obi is from the SE.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Hatrick01: 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
With the shape of their heads I doubt if they are yoruba.

It is only igbos that have flat heads. I urge the Canadian police to rigorously investigate their tribe.

Both are igbos but pretending to be yoruba si they can have a safe landing.

Igbos are popularly known for this kind of fraud abroad and not yorubas.
oga take a look at the man head again and modify ur post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Leave Yahoo Boys Alone, They Are Collecting Back Our Money' - Lady / Woman Bites Off Man’s Manhood In Ibadan / Zimbabwean Reverend Sister Raped, Killed And Dumped In A Dam (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.