Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) (34188 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested For Impersonating Kenyan First Lady / 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by juman(m): 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
"sold valid airline tickets"

How selling of valid airline tickets become crime?
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by OmoNla99: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2023
I know every member of his family very well.

jaguars:

Hmnn.
Seems like you know him and the family?

O ga ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Mercury12(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
ibechris:
I am igbo and these people are Nigerians ( no tribe attached) but the hate others would have meted on us if it were igbo names makes me wonder how foolish some people are in this country.

A Nigerian was killed in South Africa,the laziest black nation on earth whose reputation is to hate other nation,and many on nairalanders were happy and they just concluded they are igbos.

A visit to South Africa would ultimately prove to you the kind of country South Africa is. If u are doing well in their country,they will just hate u as if u took their destiny away,even the white don't condone them till this very day.

May God bless you for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by ObosiUkwalla: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
ArewaTech1:
That's why I always say I am Sudanese whenever I am booking a hotel or hostel in India. Because some bad elements have really tarnished the image of Nigerians, soo bad that in some states in India you won't get accommodation with a Nigerian passport, because they will automatically assume you're there to sell drugs or do some fraud.

No one cares if you are Namibian
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by ksbusari(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
This Yoruba people fall my hand sha. I'm ashamed.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by ArewaTech1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

No one cares if you are Namibian

Obviously you cared, else you wouldn't be replying to me.

CryBaby
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by DanielPop(m): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
[/b]Gbemisola Akinrinade and one Adebowale Adiatu, 32[b]

I have nothing more to say. Abike Dabiri is very proud of them.

officialwdhtv:
Two Nigerians arrested in Canada for allegedly selling $500k worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets

A 44-year-old Nigerian lady, Gbemisola Akinrinade and one Adebowale Adiatu, 32, have been arrested by the police in Canada for allegedly selling $500,000 worth of fraudulently issued plane tickets.

The suspects, who are residents of Brampton and Vaughan respectively, between June and December 2021, allegedly misrepresented themselves as employees of travel agencies based out of the United Kingdom to secure access to an online booking portal belonging to a “major European airline.”

Peel police in a statement said the suspects fraudulently sold valid airline tickets to unsuspecting customers and collected the payments for financial gain.

More than 250 airline tickets were sold at a total value of approximately $500,000, the statement disclosed. Adding that the majority of the customers who purchased the tickets were from the Calgary area and the flights were primarily to Africa.

According to CanadaToday, the suspects are facing charges which include fraud over $5,000, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, possession of property obtained by crime and obtain by false pretense, unlawful use of a computer.

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoBLx5DhHSH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by alhajiabdulbuha: 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ndi Yoruba agonjas and fraud are like 5 and 6. Igbo get drugs, yoruba collects frauds while hausa and fulani take power de rule for national drugs administration and effc frauds
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
44-year-old Nigerian lady, Gbemisola Akinrinade and one Adebowale Adiatu, 32

Good morning
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Chivadoski(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Yariiba tribe a.k.a The scamming tribe, una do well, Hushpuppi tribe

Afonja twale
Skull miners cheesy
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Yankee101: 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
When visa start to hard now una go dey cry foul
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by aestake: 2:24am On Jan 31, 2023
juman:
"sold valid airline tickets"

How selling of valid airline tickets became crime?
They posed as a legal UK agent and were selling and collecting the cash for themselves.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by juman(m): 2:42am On Jan 31, 2023
aestake:

They posed as a legal UK agent and were selling and collecting the cash for themselves.

Collecting the cash for themselves.

They must be stupid. They are so much greedy. They suppose to know that they would be arrested one day.
In fact they are silly and imbeciile.
Maybe they delayed to transfer the money to the airlines. I wonder.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by juman(m): 2:46am On Jan 31, 2023
Many people are greedy.
Some people if you borrow them money just to show to authority to get some document, they find it difficult to return the money to the owner.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by BeanX(m): 6:45am On Jan 31, 2023
ednut1:
Why is the woman now doing sad face Enjoy ya jail terms , stupid people
Very stupid people with get rich quick mentality 😡😡
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Godson32(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2023
Name checkers, how market.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by zegeijuwa: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2023
chai ibo people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by HeroicMeastro: 7:39am On Jan 31, 2023
gimakon:

We are not asking you to Like Igbos, but as there are bad Igbos, there are bad yorubas. No tribe is rid or devoid of evil, its a personal thing. If you like, denigrate a tribe from now till thy kingdom come, It just shows a low IQ and positively, someone who in the obvious feels he has it all when he or she is Empty - You are very empty!
Your type of people do not grow, they remain stagnant with hate and what have you.

This is the reason Nigeria is where it is. People like you has refused to know anything.
Your Biafra should be given to you as you have been clamoring and agitating for. Afterwards, no Igbo should be allowed to stay in the territory of Nigeria. It is then that misinformed miscreant like you will come to terms with reality.
I have nothing personal against the Igbos. But as a Nigerian, it really hurt to be tagged or looked at like a criminal all because of the crimes the Igbos have committed globally. Probably you won't know all these because you are a young chap lying down in your comfort zone to type trash.
Chicken brain!!!
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by aestake: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2023
juman:

Collecting the cash for themselves.

They must be stupid. They are so much greedy. They suppose to know that they would be arrested one day.
In fact they are silly and imbeciile.
Maybe they delayed to transfer the money to the airlines. I wonder.
They were not supposed to be there in the first place. It looks like an impersonation 419 kind of thingy. Criminals don't care much about being caught.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by aestake: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Your Biafra should be given to you as you have been clamoring and agitating for. Afterwards, no Igbo should be allowed to stay in the territory of Nigeria. It is then that misinformed miscreant like you will come to terms with reality.
I have nothing personal against the Igbos. But as a Nigerian, it really hurt to be tagged or looked at like a criminal all because of the crimes the Igbos have committed globally. Probably you won't know all these because you are a young chap lying down in your comfort zone to type trash.
Chicken brain!!!
Shut up.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Iceberg3: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2023
[quote] the likes of liltjay Philipponzaghi and salewa97 and others are only viewing from a hidden hole..shame not let them show face.
"Human beings"
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Chicken brain!!!

grin

You know why I like you? You do not know anything, that is why i like you.
Yes, Igbos may do crime, the Subject matter of what you are commenting is Igbo too?

How did you manage to pass thru university?
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by greatefa1011(m): 11:43am On Jan 31, 2023
Please Canada let's settle this matter at home.
Since tickets were sold to Africans. It's a family matter. Thanks
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by HeroicMeastro: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
gimakon:

grin

You know why I like you? You do not know anything, that is why i like you.
Yes, Igbos may do crime, the Subject matter of what you are commenting is Igbo too?

How did you manage to pass thru university?
I didn't passed through university because I have never been to any school.
I still stand on my comments on the Igbos.
No retraction whatsoever...
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by HeroicMeastro: 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
aestake:

Shut up.
My comments on the Igbos may hurt you but I have no single regret...
Truth is bitter
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by prophetfire: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Xchii:
the numbers of head beheaded in your blighted yEast everyday begs to differ, go and focus on your Ritual-infested shithole before Ipob terrorists butcher and harvest your skull, remember it's still Monday.
. No skull passes through ogun and osun sates and remains intact.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by prophetfire: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Xchii:
I should be the one to tell you to shut your putrid faecal oha eating mouth and focus on your ritual and cannibal-infested afghanEastern shithole region where heads now roll on the floor faster than foot-Ball. Canada is ok, pls stop your cursed tribesmen to stop destroying our reputation everywhere around the world, your projections are crazy. Imagine a ibo accusing Yorubas of spoiling somewhere, what irony!
Yoruba and skull mining are like Siamese twins
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by aestake: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

My comments on the Igbos may hurt you but I have no single regret...
Truth is bitter
Go queue for fuel then.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Xchii: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
prophetfire:
. No skull passes through ogun and osun sates and remains intact.
Go and focus on your blighted yEast where heads are roasted everyday
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by Xchii: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
prophetfire:
Yoruba and skull mining are like Siamese twins
Igbos and head butchering are 5 and 6
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by HeroicMeastro: 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
aestake:

Go queue for fuel then.
I don't have to do that.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Canada For $500k Fraud (pic) by aestake: 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

I don't have to do that.
Nobody should if not endsar2 is brewing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Brutalises Her Maid In Anambra / Ipad ‘Thief’ Sends Her Photos To The Owner / EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.