Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (56670 Views)

This Starlink Is Expensive To Maintain / Oppo Now Officially In Nigeria / Smartphone Design Is Officially Dead, The Beasts Are Already Here - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by FarmTech(m): 10:59am On Feb 01, 2023
annass227:

They disable the hardware if you resell access.
Too bad.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by purplekayc(m): 11:01am On Feb 01, 2023
Is the signal all over/ same in country even in the rural states?
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2023
purplekayc:
Is the signal all over/ same in country even in the rural states?

It is satellite. It means it's everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by persius555(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
rookidmart:

Well they do plan (and have gotten approval) to double the number of satellites in the coming years. Time would tell if the planned increases along the line (more than 42,000 satellites) would suffice.
Admittedly they do state that their target market is not everyone, just those in rural areas.

Yes, he's getting approval to launch more satellites. There are concerns over the lifespan and debris these objects leave in space after decommissioning. This is something that the space exploration community has raised concerns over.

LEO geostationary satellites are cheaper to manufacture on the short term but the cost implications are cumulative and are going to be disastrous in the long run.

As for data throughput, they don't scale very as demand continues to mount. That theory of specifically targeting the rural area is disputable.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by purplekayc(m): 5:45am On Feb 02, 2023
Who has tried using this to pay?

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by JUMO95: 7:19am On Feb 02, 2023
jamesversion:

Oshe working boy. If you get updates, share with me oh. grin
send a pm
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by BalonTech: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Exciting news, Nigerians can now access Elon Musk's Starlink!
However, the challenge of international payments with high fees and complicated procedures has long been a hindrance.
Worry not. BalonTech, a FinTech platform together with her sister company BalonChain, are here to revolutionize the way African freelancers and remote workers manage their international transactions. We offer a multi-currency virtual/physical Mastercard/Visa card, crypto-fiat conversion, and streamlined money transfers and payment requests.

Although our services cater to African freelancers, however, they are not limited to them only. Our platforms are designed to help individuals like you overcome the challenges of making international payments, including tuition fees, goods purchases, Google Pay & Apple Pay transactions, funding forex trading accounts, buying cryptos and other challenges like paying for you Starlink installations/monthly subscriptions.

With our BalonChain cards, you can enjoy the freedom of making international payments, whether physical or virtual, on any ATM worldwide. Simply add your card to Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay, and make payments on all online platforms including Spotify, Starlink, Aliexpress, Netflix, Udemy etc.

Our card sets us apart from traditional Nigerian banks as you can set up an account, fund it with Naira or crypto, and make transactions without leaving your home. Transactions below $1000 are processed instantly, while transactions above $1000 are processed within 60 minutes. Our platform launches mid-February.

Join the waiting list today to be among the first to experience the ease of global payments for business owners, individuals, freelancers, and remote workers in Africa. Visit www. balonchain. com to sign up.

We are always available to answer any questions and welcome any suggestions to create a more user-friendly and personalized platform. Your input is crucial in our mission to revolutionize the way international payments are made.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
what's your rate? (I know you won't answer)
BalonTech:
Exciting news, Nigerians can now access Elon Musk's Starlink!
However, the challenge of international payments with high fees and complicated procedures has long been a hindrance.
Worry not. BalonTech, a FinTech platform together with her sister company BalonChain, are here to revolutionize the way African freelancers and remote workers manage their international transactions. We offer a multi-currency virtual/physical Mastercard/Visa card, crypto-fiat conversion, and streamlined money transfers and payment requests.

Although our services cater to African freelancers, however, they are not limited to them only. Our platforms are designed to help individuals like you overcome the challenges of making international payments, including tuition fees, goods purchases, Google Pay & Apple Pay transactions, funding forex trading accounts, buying cryptos and other challenges like paying for you Starlink installations/monthly subscriptions.

With our BalonChain cards, you can enjoy the freedom of making international payments, whether physical or virtual, on any ATM worldwide. Simply add your card to Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay, and make payments on all online platforms including Spotify, Starlink, Aliexpress, Netflix, Udemy etc.

Our card sets us apart from traditional Nigerian banks as you can set up an account, fund it with Naira or crypto, and make transactions without leaving your home. Transactions below $1000 are processed instantly, while transactions above $1000 are processed within 60 minutes. Our platform launches mid-February.

Join the waiting list today to be among the first to experience the ease of global payments for business owners, individuals, freelancers, and remote workers in Africa. Visit www. balonchain. com to sign up.

We are always available to answer any questions and welcome any suggestions to create a more user-friendly and personalized platform. Your input is crucial in our mission to revolutionize the way international payments are made.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by BalonTech: 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bodmum:
what's your rate? (I know you won't answer)

We haven't started working yet.
Our target rate range is #700 to #740.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
740 against 490 official rate. 740 - 490= 250. 250 naira Gain per dollar, not your fault.
BalonTech:

We haven't started working yet.
Our target rate range is #700 to #740.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by BalonTech: 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2023
Well, you can use other platforms that will offer you #490.

Bodmum:
against 490 official rate. 740 - 490= 250. 250 naira Gain per dollar, not your fault.

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by CavendishPlex: 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
purplekayc:
Who has tried using this to pay?

Go ahead and use Payday if you can afford it. The app definitely works.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by confluence: 1:58am On Feb 03, 2023
Hello Cavendishplex, do you mean this and if it is the one, do you have any idea about their rates? Thanks
CavendishPlex:

Go ahead and use Payday if you can afford it. The app definitely works.

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Ournolly: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2023
confluence:
Hello Cavendishplex, do you mean this and if it is the one, do you have any idea about their rates? Thanks
N756/$1.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by confluence: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2023
Thanks brother
Ournolly:

N756/$1.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Parachoko: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Lannister360:

If you know how many people have died due to hunger in this Case you will delete that your post, you think it's a joke? I guess you live in an ajebor environment so you think everyone is doing fine. Try visiting some states apart from Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt and see how people are struggling to eat once a day you'll understand.
Which state have you visit and people are dying?

Name the states and exact locations

It seems you know better pass Starlink wey choose Nigeria as the first country dem go start operating in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by CavendishPlex: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
confluence:

I don't know what it's called on IOS Appstore, but this is what it is on the Google Playstore I'm used to. The rate as I type this is N750/$1 to fund the card and N737/$1 to withdraw.

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Ournolly: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2023
CavendishPlex:

I don't know what it's called on IOS Appstore, but this is what it is on the Google Playstore I'm used to. The rate as I type this is N750/$1 to fund the card and N737/$1 to withdraw.

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by confluence: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2023
Thanks boss, I have seen it
CavendishPlex:

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by confluence: 9:50am On Feb 04, 2023
Got plenty of questions I will be asking you when I get the Starlink regarding IPTV
CavendishPlex:

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by olugbokedaniel: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
confluence:

Good afternoon bro. Sorry to disturb, I saw your message about using payday to trade. Can I propose something, can I share my payday details with u, u use it to trade then we split the proceeds, how is that?
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by olugbokedaniel: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2023
CavendishPlex:

Good afternoon bro. Sorry to disturb you, If u don't mind, can I share my payday details with u, then u use it to trade, and we split the proceeds, how is that?
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Lannister360: 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
Parachoko:
Which state have you visit and people are dying?

Name the states and exact locations

It seems you know better pass Starlink wey choose Nigeria as the first country dem go start operating in Africa.

All the states in Nigeria, and yes, I know better than them, I'm a Nigerian, I was born here, so I know my Country better than a foreign business man.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Parachoko: 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
Lannister360:

All the states in Nigeria, and yes, I know better than them, I'm a Nigerian, I was born here, so I know my Country better than a foreign business man.
Oya, give me the name of a location in Lagos were people are dying due to hunger.

You just dey reason like a small pikin

Just because you're born here, no mean say you know pass Starlink. You might be a struggling guy wey get 2by2 shop, so you won't understand.

I'm waiting for you to tell me a location in Nigeria were people are dying due to hunger

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by CavendishPlex: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2023
confluence:
Got plenty of questions I will be asking you when I get the Starlink regarding IPTV

I'll be glad to help however I can. You're really spoiled for choice when you cut the cord and go the way of IPTV.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by CavendishPlex: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2023
olugbokedaniel:

Good afternoon bro. Sorry to disturb you, If u don't mind, can I share my payday details with u, then u use it to trade, and we split the proceeds, how is that?

Nah, I'm content with mine. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Lannister360: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2023
Parachoko:
Oya, give me the name of a location in Lagos were people are dying due to hunger.

You just dey reason like a small pikin

Just because you're born here, no mean say you better pass Starlink. You might be a struggling guy wey get 2by2 shop, so you won't understand.

I'm waiting for you to tell me a location in Nigeria were people are dying due to hunger

Mumu, who told you I'm struggling?
You're obviously an undergraduate kid who is being fed by is mama that is why you do not understand what is going on in Nigeria.

When you finish NYSC you go understand the Country when you de. Overfed pumpkin.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Parachoko: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2023
Lannister360:

Mumu, who told you I'm struggling?
You're obviously an undergraduate kid who is being fed by is mama that is why you do not understand what is going on in Nigeria.

When you finish NYSC you go understand the Country when you de. Overfed pumpkin.
You're a struggling lowlife because only a fraustrated person can be saying the nonsense you're saying.

For you to open your mouth and say people are dying of hunger all over Nigeria shows how useless you're.

Just because you're struggling in life, that does not mean nah everybody dey struggle.

People who get brain site their multi billion dollar project in Nigeria, you wey no get business wey worth ₦500,000 dey open mouth dey talk rubbish.

Useless thing

1 Like

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Lannister360: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
Parachoko:
You're a struggling lowlife because only a fraustrated person can be saying the nonsense you're saying.

For you to open your mouth and say people are dying of hunger all over Nigeria shows how useless you're.

Just because you're struggling in life, that does not mean nah everybody dey struggle.

People who get brain site their multi billion dollar project in Nigeria, you wey no get business wey worth ₦500,000 dey open mouth dey talk rubbish.

Useless thing

Thunder fire you there you bloody fool, low life overfed pumpkin, if mama nor feed you, you no go fit feed yourself.
You de your mama house de do mummy thank you and still de open mouth de talk.

Are you a man?
Can you feed yourself?
You nor know wetin de happen for the real world, you be really mugu, strong one. E clear say your parents de shield you from the suffering when de Nigeria na make you de open your smelly mouth de cap rubbish. Ozuor. Overfed pig.
Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Parachoko: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lannister360:

Thunder fire you there you bloody fool, low life overfed pumpkin, if mama nor feed you, you no go fit feed yourself.
You de your mama house de do mummy thank you and still de open mouth de talk.

Are you a man?
Can you feed yourself?
You nor know wetin de happen for the real world, you be really mugu, strong one. E clear say your parents de shield you from the suffering when de Nigeria na make you de open your smelly mouth de cap rubbish. Ozuor. Overfed pig.
Shut up your mouth

Your mouth is smelling

Talk were people dey fall down and die due to poverty in Lagos, you start to dey talk nonsense 😾😾

Useless thing

1 Like

Re: Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira by Lannister360: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Parachoko:
Shut up your mouth

Your mouth is smelling

Talk were people dey fall down and die due to poverty in Lagos, you start to dey talk nonsense 😾😾

Useless thing

He goat, Ogun finish you there useless overfed pig.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards / Airtel Surprise Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.