Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! (5528 Views)

Anambra Guber: Maduka In Pole Position In Acceptance Rating / Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit / Atiku Abubakar Storms The South East, Bags Endorsement From MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Please,let's leave irrelevant talks.obi's highest votes will come from se and their turnout is always low even when mighty ojukwu contested.other tribes too have thousands of voters outside their region so it even itself out.that cliché is stale

Your comment here is anecdoctal and emotional and i choose not to futher debate it

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

You are just speaking too much grammar but not fooling anyone. And you also do not have any idea about whom you are reaponding to here.

Random Sampling is at the heart of scientific pooling, and it is good that you mentioned it. That is the most important factor that reduces any statistical bias in any polling. And it was used in this particular polling.

But further, if you took a look at the methodology of the polling here, other factors like weighted sampling was also used. It is as scientific as it goes.

Moreover, the results here generally aligns with the results of other scientific polls done by other bodies, including trends seen over time.

There is no reason to doubt the results except a stronger statistical reason is given. And the reason cannot be the "feeling" of a random chap on Nairaland.

OK, give me the methodology of one of these so-called scientific polls.

I shall wait patiently.
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Your comment here is anecdoctal and emotional and i choose not to futher debate it

Better.we have been reading same thing since 2015.
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

But LP is actually the opposition party in this election. Do you know how effective the APCPDP narrative have been in this campaign. People dont see PDP as the alternative to APC or vice versa, the narrative is that you should vote LP if you dont want to vote APCPDP.

And you are right, just like i said previously, most "undecides" and "undisclosed" usually vote for the OPPOSITION in elections.

The resources at jagaban is too enormous.by next week,that gap will be closed.the ss wi be here obi loss will start
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

OK, give me the methodology of one of these so-called scientific polls.

I shall wait patiently.

Please click the link to the page of bantupage at OP and you can see the methodology.

You can also do same for NOI/ANAP and others.
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

The resources at jagaban is too enormous.by next week,that gap will be closed.the ss wi be here obi loss will start

Ok...lets see whether the resources of Tinubu would be greater than the Determination of Nigerians later this month.

February is here already

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Ok...lets see whether the resources of Tinubu would be greater than the Determination of Nigerians later this month.

February is here already

A section of Nigerians in the south
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Please click the link to the page of bantupage at OP and you can see the methodology.

You can also do same for NOI/ANAP and others.

So, you read the bantupage, and you still kept arguing that randomization was used?

You did not read the methodology where it stated that they went to LGs interviewing respondents? Does that look like randomization to you?

Go and read about non-probability sampling. And then you will understand why you can't generalize results from these polls to the population of interest.

Until February 25, you are allowed to masturbate to these useless polls.
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

So, you read the bantupage, and you still kept arguing that randomization was used?

You did not read the methodology where it stated that they went to LGs interviewing respondents? Does that look like randomization to you?

Go and read about non-probability sampling. And then you will understand why you can't generalize results from these polls to the population of interest.

Until February 25, you are allowed to masturbate to these useless polls.

Lolz.... they clearly stated that they used ramdom sampling(that was even also weighted) to get their sample size for the respondents to the poll.

Random sampling does not depend on the method used to administerbor get the info from the respondents of a poll. Whether it is by a written questionnaire or through a telephone or through a face to face interview(as in this case) etc, the method does not negate or deflate the sampling of the poll if it is random ab initio.

Do i really need to explain all these to you
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Lolz.... they clearly stated that they used ramdom sampling(that was even also weighted) to get their sample size for the respondents to the poll.

Random sampling does not depend on the method used to administerbor get the info from the respondents of a poll. Whether it is by a written questionnaire or through a telephone or through a face to face interview(as in this case) etc, the method does not negate or deflate the sampling of the poll if it is random ab initio.

Do i really need to explain all these to you

Show me where they stated that they used random sampling.

A screenshot, please.

And I will rest my case.
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Show me where they stated that they used random sampling.

A screenshot, please.

And I will rest my case.

Ok.

Here:

https://bantupage.com/bantupage-polling-methodology/

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

OK.

I rest my case.

Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by Paulheyman: 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

February is here already

** Garfield1 has a weird thought pattern. He is clamouring on Hope and Dave snatching ballot boxes in Obi's strong hold cos to him they're not brothers while Seyi and Adeleke won't snatch ballot box for Atiku cos they're Tinubu's brothers. I think he believes the saying that "Igbos don't love themselves" yet same Igbos have been sitting at home for kanu for years now. Even sit at home was cancelled so that APC won't be allowed to rig Anambra state elections

** He still believes the fairy tales that the southsouth hate southeast. If Edo state is the most obidient state in the South talk of Cross river and akwa ibom states who has ancestral linkage to both Ebonyi and Abia

*** I am surprised to see the river state poll just now. That result is demoralizing to any APC person. Who can save APC from total demolition in southsouth. He thinks of the wrong people like Asari dokubo but do Asari's people not going through similar hard times with all Nigerians

Note: Obi's campaign took place during the Christmas season when southerners traveled for Christmas and it still on going during PVC collection at the inec office

Check rivers state polls and see why wike can't support any other candidate than Obi. The peoples votes will count and the Igbos are trusting that inec will do the right thing. In the East people without voters card see themselves as outcast presently

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
Paulheyman:

** Garfield1 has a weird thought pattern. He is clamouring on Hope and Dave snatching ballot boxes in Obi's strong hold cos to him they're not brothers while Seyi and Adeleke won't snatch ballot box for Atiku cos they're Tinubu's brothers. I think he believes the saying that "Igbos don't love themselves" yet same Igbos have been sitting at home for kanu for years now. Even sit at home was cancelled so that APC won't be allowed to rig Anambra state elections

** He still believes the fairy tales that the southsouth hate southeast. If Edo state is the most obidient state in the South talk of Cross river and akwa ibom states who has ancestral linkage to both Ebonyi and Abia

*** I am surprised to see the river state poll just now. That result is demoralizing to any APC person. Who can save APC from total demolition in southsouth. He thinks of the wrong people like Asari dokubo but do Asari's people not going through similar hard times with all Nigerians

Note: Obi's campaign took place during the Christmas season when southerners traveled for Christmas and it still on going during PVC collection at the inec office

Check rivers state polls and see why wike can't support any other candidate than Obi. The peoples votes will count and the Igbos are trusting that inec will do the right thing. In the East people without voters card see themselves as outcast presently

This was conducted in ph not in the villages
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by Paulheyman: 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
wegevv:
It is egregious that these guys seem to have excluded results from Rivers state. In the SS picture posted by OP they said they only polled the other 5 SS states

Top 5 states by registered voters:

5. Katsina 3,516,719
4. Rivers 3,537,190
3. Kaduna 4,335,208
2. Kano 5,921,370
1. Lagos 7,060,195

Note that most pollsters expect all these states to be bitterly contested by at least two candidates except one; Rivers state is Obident

Obi having Rivers state all to himself (88%), winning southern Kaduna votes and probably winning Lagos or coming 2nd with a slight margin will be the game changer. I am impressed with his strategies so far.

All other state will be heavily contested between Tinubu and Atiku and Kwankwaso. Hope Kwankwaso intensify his campaign in the ne/nw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by Paulheyman: 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

What you see there, is a true reflection of what's obtainable in the hinter land. People in the town travelled back to the village and the discussion was simply hardship in Nigeria and the evils of APC. Obi was discussed at the beer parlours, viewing centers, community football matches, during village night clubbing, while fetching firewood and even in the village playground. The campaigners are gone but their words remain

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
Paulheyman:

What you see there, is a true reflection of what's obtainable in the hinter land. People in the town travelled back to the village and the discussion was simply hardship in Nigeria and the evils of APC. Obi was discussed at the beer parlours, viewing centers, community football matches, during village night clubbing, while fetching firewood and even in the village playground. The campaigners are gone but their words remain

That is not true.people in villages and cities vote separately
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by wegevv: 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Source please sir?

Let's try and avoid lazy unsubstantiated claims today please. Just for today lol.

Patiently awaiting your reply lol

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by Paulheyman: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
wegevv:

Source please sir?

Let's try and avoid lazy unsubstantiated claims today please. Just for today lol.

Patiently awaiting your reply lol

Any state obi is winning is with wide margin. That's their challenge!
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2023
Paulheyman:

In your mind Adeleke can't be brutal even when his reelection is threatened? But Dave who has completed his 2nd tenure can be brutal for no reason whatsoever?
The guy is a clown
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,Lagos is in the sw so leave it there.I don't like all these Igbo vs Yoruba comparison.the sw and nw have the highest voters register and they always give the highest votes.

Does umahi and hope see obi as their brother? Have they spoken in obi's favour? You can see that makinde allies are following tinubu and attacking atiku,do you see umahi attacking tinubu? Politics is about interest not emotions.obi victory does not favour hope and umahi interests but seyi winning interest tinubu and vice versa
Same Hope that came to receive Obi from the Airport when Obi came to Imo abi
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same Hope that came to receive Obi from the Airport when Obi came to Imo abi

Funny.ugwuanyi received tinubu at the airport oh
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

The former voters will vote tinubu
With Muslim Muslim ticket?
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:13pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Same jagaban wailing for naira change.Buhari have crippled him already
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Where did you get this info??
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Where did you get this info??

Can't you see from the background
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 5:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same jagaban wailing for naira change.Buhari have crippled him already

The timeline had been extended till 17 feb
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

The timeline had been extended till 17 feb
And election is Feb 25.Who would accept all the looted Billions with Bullion van on election day
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And election is Feb 25.Who would accept all the looted Billions with Bullion van on election day

They will exchange enough by 17
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by nameo: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Can't you see from the background

Background of what?

Cos they specifically said they went to various LGs during the course of the polling. Except you know of why Rivers was different
Re: Obi Of Labour Party Storms The Bloc Into Pole Position Poll Show; Yet Again! by garfield1: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
nameo:

Background of what?

Cos they specifically said they went to various LGs during the course of the polling. Except you know of why Rivers was different

In their page,they said they went to the major towns in 36 states and one lgas.are rural areas major towns? Anybody going to rivers will likely go to where first? Apply commonsense please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? / Final Election Results As Obtained From A Reliable Source / Yoruba In Diaspora Express Concern Over Southwest, North Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.