Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy (42482 Views)

How I Prepared My delicious Rice And Stew... Please rate my cooking skills / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Bostin(m): 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
I can’t eat food with just ponmo and eggs
You are 100% right , it's so tasteless without fish ,cray fish , chicken or raw meat even if it's just to use the water used in boiling them to cook ,you will get the best taste but he still tried .
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
You tried, not like my elder brother who can’t fry simple eggs😂😂😂. He almost burnt the whole house 😁😁 you managed and cook that so well. Kudos.

One last question how does it taste without fish or even crayfish. Instead of the ponmo you can just buy crayfish or fish. My opinion though.

The crayfish, you don't need to grind or pound it,just put it whole like that after washing

U go get the thirst of it for the food... nice smell
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by chymeze: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
Wait o, you cooked just one plate of rice and stew for #700 Doesn't make sense especially when you can buy that same plate for like #400. By the time you add the efforts you put in, the cost of using your own gas, etc the effective cost of that plate of rice and stew would be over #1000. It'd have made more sense if you said the food you made out of that #700 lasted you for like three or more days.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by 1Dray(m): 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:
Since I separated from my wife I am trying my best to prepare healthy meals for myself on a budget.

1 milk cup of rice - ₦ 120
Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

I had Groundnut oil and salt at home.

I've two questions for you.
1. I was looking in your thread and stories to see where you divorced your wife, I didn't see any, how come you're now single?

2. Are you from Adamawa, if not, where are you from?

Looking forward to seeing your response.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Neoteny7: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:
Since I separated from my wife I am trying my best to prepare healthy meals for myself on a budget.

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

But if you really think about it, it's more than N700.

You didn't add the cost of the egg, salt, water, and fuel used in cooking.

Real penny pinchers would account for all these.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Papichulostunne(m): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Ponmo #300 to cook just one cup of rice

You never talk where the egg waka come from too abi you get poultry for backyard

Na lie jor.!!
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Obavoh, no manual blender can blend tatase (or anything for that matter) that smooth. 🧐

I'm beginning to think most, if not all, of your stories on nairaland are nothing but fiction! 🙄
na today u know? grin
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Charlie2020(f): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Obavoh, no manual blender can blend tatase (or anything for that matter) that smooth. 🧐

I'm beginning to think most, if not all, of your stories on nairaland are nothing but fiction! 🙄
bros it's like you be ajebutter. Stone slabs blend smoother than electric blenders

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Aklee4994(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
clockwisereport:

They don separate
I don later see his other thread...I don later know the werey go get problem

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by galaxy2020(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
No red pepper? embarassed
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by greggng: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=Obavoh post=120554743]When the ponmo became soft and tender, I took them down from the fire.

I fried the onions and tatashe in hot oil before I added the ponmo to it. I then added the green pepper.

I served with 1 egg🥚 . Come and join me [/quote

How long will.you eat one milk.cup of rice ?
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Victorclean1: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
Na afunjaaaa stew be this
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Charlie2020(f): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
Nope ponmo and eggs are tasteless. So I was wondering how the stew taste without fish
50 Naira Maggi can give you a very tasty meal given that it's just a very small quantity of rice
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Charlie2020(f): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
I can’t eat food with just ponmo and eggs
then increase your budget to 2000 and above. Here, the op is only demonstrating that with 700, one can prepare a meal
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Lightorder: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
You tried, not like my elder brother who can’t fry simple eggs😂😂😂. He almost burnt the whole house 😁😁 you managed and cook that so well. Kudos.

One last question how does it taste without fish or even crayfish. Instead of the ponmo you can just buy crayfish or fish. My opinion though.
without ponmo in that food , the food has no conclusion. It would be a hopeless eating journey without hope and destination
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by BRATISLAVA: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lol.

You are now single. Suddenly. And should be praised for cooking.

Funny guy.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Pickmycall: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Obavoh, no manual blender can blend tatase (or anything for that matter) this smooth. 🧐

I almost wanted to ask him to post the blender he used to blend the tatashe but I had to google it myself.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by MartinsD12(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

One cup of rice is that a joke

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Braun007: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
You are one of those crayfish inside everything but soup people uh?
Eyinju112:

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Munzy14(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

The fiction writer of Nairaland.. cheesy

Just dey play you hear..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by pappilo(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
I was totally useless at cooking. Not because I was lazy, I just didnt like anything I cooked so I preferred to eat other people's (read ex- wife) food.

When I was served breakfast, the first thing my mom worried and asked about was 'kilo wa ma ma je bayi?' (what will you now be eating)

Thank God for YouTube - SisiYemmie and Sisi Jemimah. In under a year I became an expert but I am still so critical of my own cooking that I seek validation from my kids everytime I cook for them when they come over.

Some of my samples attached

4 Likes

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by emmabest2000(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Obavoh, no manual blender can blend tatase (or anything for that matter) this smooth. 🧐

Pickmycall:
I almost wanted to ask him to post the blender he used to blend the tatashe but I had to google it myself.

you both are simple learners
Go and hide una faces quack chefs grin

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Pastoshizzy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
OP thanks for the inspiration. I'm the only one home and am about to experiment with 1k. Since I have rice, I have a recipe. I'm an idiot for pomo by the way (lol). I ain't got to eat so much rubbish out there.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by harmony75: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mmmmm you try why you cook only for your mouth?!
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by folake4u(f): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bluezy13:

He borrowed the egg.
Na my neighbor.

I'm screaming!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wetin be this.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by phorget(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
That pomo for 3hundred naira? where is your location pls?

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by EngrKemp: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Ponmo #300 to cook just one cup of rice

You never talk where the egg waka come from too abi you get poultry for backyard
Hahaha
hohohohoho

Kai ..
No bi only waka come.

Kai.. Nigerians eh!!

I don laugh taya...
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Harmless1b(m): 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
I'm not forgetting that you cooked just a cup of rice with 800 naira gas.. smh
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by winner37(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pls don't be offended, where are you from ? You looked like an economic student from university of Lagos 🤞
This your post I can smile some pieces of lies, why ? Because you didn't tell us how much tomatoes you bought, secondly those tatashe you don't have 100 naira own in my area thirdly curry and thyme are 60 naira each lastly at my age I haven't seen any manual bladder that could bland tomatoes and tatashe this way ...

Let me score you small you have tried ( 49 %}
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by GboyegaD(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Did you say you are separated? After turning her to mother of 4 at 21? Walahi, her parents or whoever gave her to you in marriage must be very crazy. Oga, go and find her ooo. Una must be snail and it's she'll till death do una part ooo.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by vroom(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

That is one,
Where in Nigeria was he able to get that ponmo at the rate of 100 per one?, I want to buy plss
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by mariahAngel(f): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Munzy14:

The fiction writer of Nairaland.. cheesy

Just dey play you hear..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On today's episode of The endless tales of Obavoh... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home / What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now? / Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.