Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,023 members, 7,849,121 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119223 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2007
1 John 5:21 -- Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2007
@ Pilgrim, still unemployed I see!!  grin grin grin Its no wonder u can't get a proper job. Even Satan had to hire u on a sub-contract - so he wont have to deal with u directly  grin grin grin grin lol!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2007
marissa:

@ Pilgrim, still unemployed I see!! grin grin grin Its no wonder u can't get a proper job. Even Satan had to hire u on a sub-contract - so he wont have to deal with u directly grin grin grin grin

I hear. One word I have for you: may God bless you in Jesus' Name! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by otokx(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2007
No one should insult my pilgrim o
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2007
otokx:

No one should insult my pilgrim o

na today? grin

marissa, you are not a serious fellow. So anybody who dissents is a devil abi? Little wonder really. Afterall, your popes have alwasy said that anyone who do not uphold the doctrines of the 'only true church of christ' should be labelled an heretic and his properties confiscated. By the time their plans materialise and they are able to sign those concordats and get their purpose of the new world order rolling, you will see a resumption of those days of the Inquisition. By then, would you still say the Catholic Church is of Christ?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2007
Jesus said to him, " I am the way, the truth, and life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.--John 14:6.

Clothed in Majesty, Wraps Himself in light, Tells the sun where to stay during the day, Tells the moon where to hide till evening, darkness(satan) sees him and tries to hide, darkness trembles at his voice, The mountains melt like wax before him, Ancient of days, Begining and the End, time is in his hands, Lord of lords, King of kings, I am that i am,-----------------etc,etc.

My God his an awesome God and all the glory must be to Him and Him alone.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2007
Please, all Catholics in this forum should continue to demonstrate the maturity and humility we are known for a long time. Let them continue to say what they don’t understand and insult all Catholics and Pope – by this they display their ignorance more and more.

Check out their rejoinders to Catholics - it possesses a known feature of a loser. One of these features is that a Loser never rest, he encroaches into other people’s affairs, prowling everywhere like devil. Please, I have not called anyone devil here, but I know that is how devil prowl here and there.

To finally solve the problem- all the lies they said against Catholic, we gree, na true una talk. Hope say, na only “No” dey cause trouble but “Yes” dey bring peace? So, we say yes, we gree to everything una talk against Catholic. Una don win well well. Mighty Igor dem.

So, all of you can now leave Catholic alone. I hope the problem is solved? We have agreed and there is no excuse to discuss against Catholic Church again because we have accepted all you said so far. Everyone of you can now go and receive a ‘hero welcome’ for the Big battle you won. No more battle and

Now to my fellow Catholics, we are now free, the accusers are no more. So, we can now practise what we believe.

Glory to Jesus, and Honour to Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
Please, the above post applies to all the threads that deal with Catholic Church. The problem is now over, I mean it;s settled.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
To finally solve the problem- all the lies they said against Catholic, we gree, na true una talk. Hope say, na only “No” dey cause trouble but “Yes” dey bring peace? So, we say yes, we gree to everything una talk against Catholic. Una don win well well. Mighty Igor them.

Shey una hear wetin Ebos talk, if na that wan go settle am, make e bi like that. Na peace we dey ask for now.

We don't like all this argument and insults, is ok. We are one body; one body in Christ (Sang by Ron Kenoly)

Please let us be, we all came to the Religious Thread, not to argue but to see how we can grow more loving God as he deserves.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2007
Ebos are you in Lebanon?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2007
hello everyone,

as much as i have wanted to refrain from posting any more contributions here (simply due to

the fact that this has not been a dignified/honorable thread, so far).

i have decided to try one more time to showcase the teachings of the catholic church

from it's most fundamental handbook, the catechism of christian doctrine (or the penny

catechism as it's more commonly known). here is a link to the catechism below:

http://www.memorare.com/catechism/pennycat.txt

now everyone should kindly note questions 180 to 187, i have reproduced them below

180.  What are the chief sins against Religion?
           The chief sins against Religion are the worship
           of false gods or idols, and the giving to any
           creature whatsoever the honor which belongs to
           God alone.

181.  Does the first Commandment forbid the making of images?
           The first Commandment does not forbid the making
           of images, but the making of idols; that is, it
           forbids us to make idols to be adored or honored
           as gods.

182.  Does the first Commandment forbid dealing with the
              devil and superstitious practices?

The first Commandment forbids all dealing with the
           devil and superstitious practices, such as
           consulting spiritualists and fortune-tellers, and
           trusting to charms, omens, dreams, and such like
           fooleries.

183.  Are all sins of sacrilege and simony also for-
           bidden by the first Commandment?

All sins of sacrilege and simony are also for-
           bidden by the first Commandment.

184.  Is it forbidden to give divine honor or worship
           to the Angels and Saints?

It is forbidden to give divine honor or worship
           to the Angels and Saints, for this belongs to
           God alone.

185.  What kind of honor or worship should we give to
           the Angels and Saints?

We should pay to the Angels and Saints an inferior
           honor or worship, for this is due to them as the
           servants and special friends of God.

186.  What honor should we give to relics, crucifixes,
           and holy pictures?

We should give to relics, crucifixes, and holy
           pictures a relative honor, as they relate to
           Christ and his Saints, and are memorials of them.

187.  Do we pray to relics and images?
           We do not pray to relics or images, for they
           can neither see, nor hear, nor help us.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debosky(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2007
Carlosein:

183. Are all sins of sacrilege and simony also for-
bidden by the first Commandment?

All sins of sacrilege and simony are also for-
bidden by the first Commandment.

185. What kind of honor or worship should we give to
the Angels and Saints?

We should pay to the Angels and Saints an inferior
honor or worship
, for this is due to them as the
servants and special friends of God.

Worship is worship, Only God is to be worshiped, I don't buy any Idea of 'inferior worship'

what sins are not forbidden by God? Who created this hierarchy of sins? which ones are the so called 'sins of sacrilege and simony' and which ones are not? Are they defined/called such names in the Bible?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
@debosky,

relax and follow my point.

now everyone, please note question 185 in particular.

this, i think, is the almighty "kweshun" pilgrim.1 has wanted

catholics to answer precisely due to her misunderstanding (IMHO)

of the word "worship". i assure you she is not alone on this one.

according to the compact oxford dictionary (just one of many i could have used, mind u)

the word worship is defined as:

• noun
1. the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
2. religious rites and ceremonies.
3. great admiration or devotion.
4. (His/Your Worship) chiefly Brit. a title of respect for a magistrate or mayor.

• verb (worshipped, worshipping; US also worshiped, worshiping)
1. show reverence and adoration for (a deity).
2. feel great admiration or devotion for.

and here is a link to the dictionary, just in case.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=english+dictionary.

but usually when we talk of the word worship, we all tend to generally

think of no.1 above i.e show reverence and adoration for (a deity) i.e God.

but we also have the other definitions above.

and my dear brethren, when we talk of worship of mary and the saints,

like she has done so far, rest assured that we do not refer to the worship

reserved for the Divine and Almighty God alone. we really mean no.2,

i.e feel great admiration or devotion for.

So catholics have great admiration and devotion for Mary (as our Mother)

and the Saints (as our brothers and sisters).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2007
and debosky,

what sins are not forbidden by God? Who created this hierarchy of sins? which ones are the so called 'sins of sacrilege and simony' and which ones are not? Are they defined/called such names in the Bible?

i think you have really misunderstood what that question said and as such the answer.

please, kindly read it again. and if u care, see the link to the catechism.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2007
You guys look down at the bible with disdain. Even the little you try to quote, you circumvent and turn upside down just like your pope does to the cross of Jesus as he sits on his throne.

Do not give any form of worship to angels or dead saints. It is demonic. They are not to be worshipped whether superior or inferior. They are the ministering spirits of the heirs of salvation. Dont you get it! Sorry. You cant get it. Your leaders have succeeded in introducing differet levels all in a bid to deceive you and you are playing along.

You better wake up!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by buluti(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ Carlosein you just helped Pilgrim's 1 case with the quote 185 of yours. Trying to play around the english definitions wont help your case. The question is as a christain what constitutes worship to you ?? reminds me of the fornication thread where someone was trying to justify pre-marital sex.

What is wrong is wrong, there is nothing like inferior worship, (in issues of life, faith what i will refer to in this case as religion), its either black or white there are no grey areas. If we were having a secular discussion i could concur and reason along your line, but in issues of life its not just possible.

You either worship God and him alone trying to say you give God superior worship and other gods (saints, mother mary or whatever) inferior worship is just a lie of the enemy and one of the most dangerous i have ever come across, it is so demonic, geez can't you see this. ?

This is your life we are talking about, take it seriously and forget religion or tradition.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2007
Is the same buluti of the times back? Where have you been all the while?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by buluti(m): 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ mrpataki its the same buluti my brother, have been very busy, though in and out atimes not much time to post. Its good to be back though and why am i not surprised at the logic am reading over the forum?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 08, 2007
The Catholic church is aptly described in revelations 17.
The great LovePeddler that sits on 7 heads (the 7 hills of the vatican city) and 10 horns (the 10 original members of the EU).

Full of names of blasphemy - they worship dead men as saints, worship the virgin mary and refer to the pope as "God" on earth.

And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: - The catholic church is responsible for the deaths of millions of true christians during the dark ages.

The rest of that chapter is very interesting because it describes a lot of current events that quite a lot of us are ignorant about.

Verse 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. - Are we unaware that the pope is the most powerful man on earth?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2007
Oby1:

Ebos are you in Lebanon?

@Oby1

Yes, I was in Lebanon and will still go back. But, I have been in Nigeria doing some other things after Fatah and Lebanon Government war, because we were informed that some splinter groups that sympathize with Fatah group are planning with Fatah guys to take everybody by surprise and unleash deadly revenge on people. Anjar, the very city we carry our normal activities is very volatile.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2007
@Catholics i.e. anyone who care to listen – though, this is a free world and that free world allow freedom of religion – Carlosein take note.

It is easier to force an Elephant inside a cup and cover it than these people to agree with you. I said they have won. I don’t think it is necessary to reopen a matter we have concluded. Let them go their way and stop contributing in anything that concerns Catholic again. We don’t need them. Too much of everything is bad. The argument is too much and very soon, it will lead to direct insult, if at all it has not led to it. Do you know what it means to insult the Mother of our Saviour, Saints, Angels, Pope and billions of Catholics across the world – including our parents? You mean, we have to continue laughing over it and pretend nothing is happening?

I even regret entering into blind and repulsive discussion. It was during my off in Nairaland that I realized how childish the argument was, because we cannot change anything. My come back into this thread was to make my position known. Have you not heard that a foolish man is wise in his own eyes?

We don clap for them and gree say dem don win, wetin again? A white lady from America that came to my place with her Igbo man heard repeatedly when elders were saying “Ndikom kwenu’ ‘Ndiem Kwen” now asked her man the meaning. It was then interpreted to her as “All man gree, All woman gree.” So, all man and woman for Catholic don gree say dem don win. The battle is over.

But what is pushing them will not let them leave Catholic alone. I believe that any person possessed by the true Spirit of God and who is not a Catholic will not interfere into any of the Catholic affairs. I repeat, everything wey dem talk, we gree. Even the wan wey dey for their mind, we gree in advance. Make them no post again.

Personally, millions of Protestant Pastors cannot turn my mind against Catholic Church. So, what is the need? The funny thing is, if you meet these people face to face, they will be more constructive in the use of words. But here, they cannot because they make all the noise behind their PCs, just that the people they discuss with are not visible to them. So, it’s cowardice.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2007
Today's Saint

Blessed John Duns Scotus (c. 1266-1308)

A humble man, John Duns Scotus has been one of the most influential Franciscans through the centuries.

Born at Duns in the county of Berwick, Scotland, John was descended from a wealthy farming family. In later years he was identified as John Duns Scotus to indicate the land of his birth; Scotia is the Latin name for Scotland.

John received the habit of the Friars Minor at Dumfries, where his uncle Elias Duns was superior. After novitiate John studied at Oxford and Paris and was ordained in 1291. More studies in Paris followed until 1297, when he returned to lecture at Oxford and Cambridge. Four years later he returned to Paris to teach and complete the requirements for the doctorate.

In an age when many people adopted whole systems of thought without qualification, John pointed out the richness of the Augustinian-Franciscan tradition, appreciated the wisdom of Aquinas, Aristotle and the Muslim philosophers—and still managed to be an independent thinker. That quality was proven in 1303 when King Philip the Fair tried to enlist the University of Paris on his side in a dispute with Pope Boniface VIII. John Duns Scotus dissented and was given three days to leave France.

In Scotus’s time, some philosophers held that people are basically determined by forces outside themselves. Free will is an illusion, they argued. An ever practical man, Scotus said that if he started beating someone who denied free will, the person would immediately tell him to stop. But if Scotus didn’t really have a free will, how could he stop? John had a knack for finding illustrations his students could remember!

After a short stay in Oxford he returned to Paris, where he received the doctorate in 1305. He continued teaching there and in 1307 so ably defended the Immaculate Conception of Mary that the university officially adopted his position. That same year the minister general assigned him to the Franciscan school in Cologne where John died in 1308. He is buried in the Franciscan church near the famous Cologne cathedral.

Drawing on the work of John Duns Scotus, Pope Pius IX solemnly defined the Immaculate Conception of Mary in 1854. John Duns Scotus, the "Subtle Doctor," was beatified in 1993.

Intelligence hardly guarantees holiness. But John Duns Scotus was not only brilliant, he was also humble and prayerful—the exact combination St. Francis wanted in any friar who studied. In a day when French nationalism threatened the rights of the pope, Scotus sided with the papacy and paid the price. He also defended human freedom against those who would compromise it by determinism.
Ideas are important. John Duns Scotus placed his best thinking at the service of the human family and of the Church.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2007
@Ebos
Yes, I was in Lebanon and will still go back. But, I have been in Nigeria doing some other things after Fatah and Lebanon Government war, because we were informed that some splinter groups that sympathize with Fatah group are planning with Fatah guys to take everybody by surprise and unleash deadly revenge on people. Anjar, the very city we carry our normal activities is very volatile.

Sounds as if you are a soldier.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2007
@Carlosein
please e don do, nothing wey u fit talk to convince them. Just as they can't convince us too.

@Ebos
“Ndikom kwenu’ ‘Ndiem Kwen”
Which language is this. Delta?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2007
The Spirit of God dwelling in us through faith and baptism is the key to our ability to love others. Without the work of the Spirit in us, we are incapable of godly love. Our fallen human nature apart from Christ can never produce love; it is totally incapable of the agape love which is demanded of us, Unredeemed human nature tends toward rage, jealousy, hatred and envy-the antitheses of love.

PRAYER
"Father, thank you for your extravagant love for us. Even when we are unfaithful to you, you still remain faithful. Thank you for the good and gentle Shepherd you have given to watch over us. May we learn humility and the joy of repentance. Protect us and encourage us in our love for you and mankind. AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2007
Oby1:

@Ebos
Sounds as if you are a soldier.

i tell u ooooo!!!

@ Carlosein

that was very good.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2007
Oby1:

@Carlosein
please e don do, nothing wey u fit talk to convince them. Just as they can't convince us too.

@EbosWhich language is this. Delta?

'Ndikom kwenu' Ndiem kwenu' - This is Igbo Language. I'm an Igbo guy from Umuahia. Are the words not Igbo?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2007
If you they are not the same in other parts of Igbo land please let me know. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by wwwpastor1: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2007
The dangers of misguided devotion which most often leads to idol worship has recently reared its ugly head in a nuns convent at Canada. " The Army of Mary" started out as just a "devotional" movement until recently when things got so bad that the authorities of Vatican have no option than to ban them.

As at now, they have been excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

When the sect was starting, it stated its goal as

"The Goal of the Army of Mary
The goal of the Army of Mary is the sanctification of souls through devotion to the Triple White – the Eucharist, Mary and the Pope –, so as to instill anew in the world the evangelical message of peace and love, thus preparing the way for Christ the King’s return"

This looks innocent enough, but anyone reading between the lines will recognise that it is a platform for idolatory. The santification of souls is the work of Holy Spirit, given freely in Christ alone. For there is no other Name given among men by which we must be saved, except the Name of Christ.

The Catholic Church was happy with this sect, until its founder claimed she is present day incarnate of the Virgin Mary. Then and only then, did the Catholic Church deem it necessary to ban them. Yet, so many have bought the lies.

The truth is, we dont need to bow down to images for us to show devotion. Bowing down to images might appear harmless, but soon the image might become the object of the worship. True worship is a spiritual thing. Also, there is a thin line between these devotions and worship.

One of such devotaional prayers asks the Mother of Christ to "deliver us from all evil", yet the last time I checked the bible, it was the duty of Our Heavenly Father to deliver us from all evil, even as thought by no other person than the Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus Himself.

Many of these doctrines came during the dark ages, all those with the love of God in their hearts, should check them very well, some of them are dark doctrines.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/army_mary.htm
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2007
Act of Faith:

Oh my God, i believe in you and all that your church teaches, because

you have said it and your word is truth.

Holy Mary, our hope, comfort of the afflicted,

Pray for us. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2007
Carlosein:

Act of Faith:

Oh my God, i believe in you and all that your church teaches, because

you have said it and your word is truth.

Holy Mary, our hope, comfort of the afflicted,

Pray for us. Amen.

Where in the bible is Mary ever refered to as "our hope"?
1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Where is Mary regarded as the comfort of the afflicted in the bible?
Isaiah 49:13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

Lord pls open the eyes of the blind.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2007
Holy Mary, our hope, Seat of Wisdom,

Pray for us. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.