Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists (32970 Views)

Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Islie: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
Following the directive of the Central Bank of Nigeria for the swapping of old naira notes to new notes, Nigerians have begun to lament the challenges involved in the process despite the extension to February 10, 2023.

Checks by The PUNCH showed that the people are not only experiencing challenges in swapping the old naira notes to new ones in the banks alone but are also faced with bank application failures and unavailability of cash from the Point of Sale operators across the country.

According to some bank customers who spoke with our correspondent, since the beginning of the week, the major banks are mainly affected.

Nigerians have now become stranded due to the non-availability of cash in the ATMs and even Over-the Counters, while transactions over the apps have become a nightmare.

While in many cases, the apps do not open at all, in cases where they open, making a transfer becomes impossible. In other instances where the customer can transfer, the intended receiver does not get credited and this becomes a problem.

Speaking with an Ogun State bank customer, Annie (not real name), said, My two bank apps are currently experiencing problems. They are bringing error messages. And sometimes, the request take too long to process.”

“My attempt to get money from the PoS attendants on the street is the same thing. Many of them have shut down due to their unavailability to get cash from the banks
,” she added.

Another customer, Obe Comfort, who resides in the Gbagada area of Lagos State, lamented how the PoS attendants were taking advantage of the situation.

Comfort decried the hike in charges by the PoS operators being patronised by customers, adding, “They now charge as high as N300 on a N1000 transaction.”

“I would have washed plates yesterday if someone hadn’t paid my bills after eating in a canteen. My hopes were high that I would do a transfer after patronising them not knowing that bank apps were currently down.

“It is a serious issue that needs urgent attention,” she added.

Meanwhile, an Ibadan-based trader, Mrs Tajudeen Abike, said she had closed down her shop as a result of the scarcity of naira and the challenges the bank apps were currently encountering.

She appealed to the Federal Government to find a lasting solution to the issue as things were going out of hand.

The situation seems worse in other remote areas as traders who usually come to the popular markets in the Mile 12 area of Lagos bitterly expressed displeasure and challenges faced in doing business.

One of the women, Mrs Adefilani Sumbo, who volunteered to speak on their behalf, said their efforts to get cash to buy goods had been futile despite thinking that Lagos would not be experiencing the same problem because of the large number of banks in the state.

“We have queued at the ATM stand since morning despite the large crowd, thinking that we would get money to buy our goods.

“Out of the four ATMs here, only two are dispensing. We have spent all the money on us and are not sure if we will be able to get the goods we came here for, before going back to our towns,” she lamented.

Despite the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele, announcing a 10-day extension to the deadline to phase out the old currency, the scarcity of the new naira notes persists.

On Thursday, the apex bank directed commercial banks to start the issuance of the new naira notes in the banking halls.

While the CBN continues to claim it released more than enough new notes to the Deposit Money Banks, the reality on the ground points to the opposite.

https://punchng.com/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes-as-transaction-failure-persists/?amp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
Too much.

GTB, Zenith bank, Access bank, UBA and First bank, their network has been terrible lately.

Currently, I'm unable to transfer money from GTB to Kuda, thinking about installing Palm pay or Opay self.

POS - No cash / Limited Cash
Transfer - Not going through network problem
Seems, we'll go back to our abandoned E - Naira 😂😂

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Pwettylinda(f): 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pls do Nigerians good by Extraditing Thiefnubuu to Chicago to face his drug trafficking trials undecided undecided undecided

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Formularcr7: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thank God for fairmoney ,my bank app let me down I just remember I'd saved some money there.in short, they bailed me out

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
So we no cash money, we no even fit pay online too
Cashless society indeed
😳😳😳😳😳

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Mccallistas(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lol..

A toddler wey dey crawl, you tell am make him begin run...

Nigeria still dey crawl as a nation.

Cashless no go work for now, it would only frustrate the poor masses.

Address Power
Address network issues
Address literacy level

Before you talk about cashless policy..

Our government have failed us greatly and they are not taking responsibility for their failures. That's why we're always enduring.
It's only the poor masses who endures bad governance.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by TheChameleon: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
I was shocked when an Olosho brought POS machine after 2 rounds. shocked

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Mophor: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Issokay!!!
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Ladiesdream: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
My tenant said he can't send his rent due to this. Many go lie using this unfortunate situation, I woke up last night to make transfer and it went.

Most people should use night so that traffic no go much day time, while banks should think of upgrading their services.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Samuel1402(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
u
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Respect55(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Some people feel they are punishing SE by voting for APC.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by RichDad1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Una never see anything. Shebi na Tinubu Dey feel am 😂😂😂

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Inspired70(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
A serious matter!
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Ade3131: 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Naija which way?

It's actually got nothing to do with network. Their network is still functioning in top speed, but the challenge with those banks mobile apps is the sheer increase and unprecedented traffic they're experiencing. Mobile banking app users have increased tremendously since this draconian cash-trapped rule was set in motion.

To those who think this jungle economics of draining cash in the system will curb vote buying or handicap politicians from malpractices at the forthcoming elections, you guys just need to think again. You're living in your own fantasy world.

Naija na another planet on its own o... In other planets, leadership is about easing the pains of citizens and making life easier for them but in our own planet, punishing the people is actually interpreted as good governance.

I'm still waiting to see anything positive about the whole NIN madness when we already have BVN

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
I tired for this country.... How person wan take flirt, no more enjoyment and gamble .how person go buy money finish go use ham play baba ijebu or bet9ja, or go use ham drinks beers or Bleep ashawo ,no be juju bi dat? All this politicians wey put us inside the gbege, una father left nyansh

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sijo01(f): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
You want to go cashless yet our financial institutions cannot boast of good network to make the process seemless. Its a pity

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Eddaman77(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
Gaskiya everybody dey hear am nw o

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
Today ehn! I appreciate the trust my vendors have for me because they all allowed me go with the goods. I paid when I got home.

This is why it is good to have a steady seller you patronise. I was embarrassed by the trust, but they all told me it is fine.

Now I have their phone numbers, account numbers and names. Something I never bothered with before. Especially the phone number.

It isn’t such a bad initiative. Cashless policy was piloted years ago and in 2023 Nigerians are acting like it alien. Sometimes we deserve force, because our coconut head is too much.

My pity is for those in rural areas and the poor Nigerians who have to survive on daily wages and stipends of N2000 and below.

I also had to add N100, 200 or 300 to these transfers to cover the charges they would incur for inflow or outflow of these funds. It shouldn’t be so. But it is way better than paying any POS vendor TITHE!

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by MikeMicheal(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
FIRSTBANK APP is not even logging in at all.

MODIFIED: Working now.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by SultanOfPuna: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
b3llo:
Hmmm..... I transferred money the other day from GT Bank to Zenith Bank PLC along the way the money developed mind and went it's way. Till now, am still waiting for the money to arrive 😩
I see your money for one ashawo joint
Your money dey flex dey shayo dey chop
Him forget the errand wey dem send am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Angelfrost(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
My Apps work perfectly fine!... I have all the cash I need, and I have been relying less on cash and ATM for months now!

Nigeria is a jungle... Only the smart and strong will survive!

Some of us foresaw these things from the moment that dumb deadline was set since last year!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
I blame foolish Tinubu for every calamity that has come with this APC government. Any ewedu miscreant that cause trouble in Lagos should be shot by the Nigerian Army.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by sharpwriter(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
pocohantas:
Today ehn!
I appreciate the trust my vendors have for me because they all allowed me go with the goods. I paid when I got home.

This is why it is good to have a steady seller you patronise. I was embarrassed by the trust, but they told me it is fine.
wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Antoeni(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
3rd World War Has Just Began in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by BirtherOfKings(f): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kuda app is sha working for me

Glory to God

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by paradigmshift(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
Use access bank ... cheesy tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Ekundayo7574(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
Vote for tinubu

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by emekmorris: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
You all asked for change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by b3llo(m): 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hmmm..... I transferred money the other day from GT Bank to Zenith Bank PLC along the way the money developed mind and went it's way. Till now, am still waiting for the money to arrive 😩

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Yet the foolish man at cbn thinks Nigeria is ripe for cashless policy.

A situation whereby you transfer your last card at restaurants and banks won't deliver the money on time and you have to wait hours or even days.

Or the app won't work. Or why even wait or transfer when you can pay for small services within 5 seconds.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Googledotcom: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
My first bank app is telling me "Transaction unsuccessful, stopped due to fraud check" my legitimate money wey I sweat out. Stupid last bank.

First bank ! after this period I will wipe off my account with you guys.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Rebirth212: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
They should all go and sit down joor.....

Welcome to cashless policy

Cashless policy my left ynash...

No fuel ⛽
No cash to spend
Banking app. are malfunctioning
No internet transaction
People are been killed by unknown gunman

9ja which way nah ?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN / Profit Sharing Ratio Between Business Partners / Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.