Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists (33028 Views)

Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Oizee(f): 4:01am On Feb 03, 2023
Ladiesdream:
My tenant said he can't send his rent due to this. Many go lie using this unfortunate situation, I woke up last night to make transfer and it went.

Most people should use night so that traffic no go much day time, while banks should think of upgrading their services.
u are absolutely right, I have been doing my transactions in the night, I have been awake calling union bank customer care service since, cuz their number wasn't even going at all during the day too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by franugo(m): 4:24am On Feb 03, 2023
HisSmileHeal:
Gtbank app con slow pass Snail...

Make use of the internet banking, that is working fine if the app doesn't work for you.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by zedegit: 4:31am On Feb 03, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes-as-transaction-failure-persists/?amp

Nigerian government never learns. A hungry man is an angry man. If this situation continues for 2 more weeks, ah. End sars will be child's play.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Vintage100(m): 4:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Chat me to get game for payment after wwinning.You will be glad you did

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 5:45am On Feb 03, 2023
Edipet:
ok. Thanks, it has has not shown yet

Transfer successful now
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Blackdisciple(m): 6:14am On Feb 03, 2023
APC want to kill Nigeria kpata kpata before leaving Aso Rock
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by lagosrd: 6:31am On Feb 03, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes-as-transaction-failure-persists/?amp

The bank management are culprits. They don't want to obey the CBN directives. If their apps is not opening how come to give people new notes is another problems too on the counter.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by engrchykae(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Ladiesdream:
My tenant said he can't send his rent due to this. Many go lie using this unfortunate situation, I woke up last night to make transfer and it went.

Most people should use night so that traffic no go much day time, while banks should think of upgrading their services.
I can't receive salary that has been paid since 1st

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 7:08am On Feb 03, 2023
Sammy07:

Transfer successful now
thanks
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2023
professorPABX:

You are not addressing the problems at hand. I am a tech person. You are talking kindergarten theorem. There is no any opportunity at hand that is not being addressed by fintech companies. Fintech companies are not just raising money. Kenya and Uganda that have high agent banks penetration have low population and land mass. The development of agent banking in those countries were not done under uncoordinated and irrational government policy amidst energy crisis around election year.

By the Grace of God, in 2012 when Strive Missiyiwa the founder of Econet started TPS Ltd in Nigeria I was around. Also, in 2012 when infogenico brought pos equipment to Lagos, I was around. Technology is wound around government policies and high thinking software development financial modeling. There is time for everything. I bought 20K from POS at 24K. Filling Station in VI rejected transfer and use of POS because of error from overloading POS channels.

At Alaba Rago, Kara markets and International Cattle markets, the local traders said they are facing hardship because of Tinubu. They said Tinubu ni. You cannot bring a policy at a time of energy and political challenges. The morale of tech guys working on interbank and other financial platforms are also affected.

In conclusion, the government has failed woefully and they are very happy that their failure would further destroy their Party (APC) and its Presidential candidate.

Of course, the government has its own challenges. I believe the government has failed woefully and deserves to be voted out permanently. Are those traders wrong for calling Tinubu's name? Is Tinubu not the major stakeholder of APC? Was he not boasting a few months ago in Abeokuta on how he installed Buhari?

While I understand your concerns and the need to blame government policies and ineptitude, remember that policies have been in existence for a while. So I don't expect Tech people to start running around, making stuff in 2023. What are they doing differently apart from copying existing business models?

Are we going to blame the government for failed transactions? In the midst of the frustration, these people are still deducting card maintenance charges. By December, they will start declaring billions of profits...but at what cost..and to what end?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by TarOrfeeek: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2023
paradigmshift:
cry me a river... Dem never disappoint me once.. the best bank to me .... Sorry o

ACCESS BANK is USELESS
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by onyxo76(m): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2023
mastermaestro:

Online transfers have been working seamlessly. We are simply in the season of lies. I wonder why we have a culture of taking negative advantage of every situation in this country. sad
pls withdraw that word seamlessly, if not that i have money spread across several bank apps, I'd be toast by now

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by iamsolasoul(f): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2023
When I Dey suffer people Dey laugh but if I no prosper how we go all laugh ..

I believe it’s individuals once you transfer money they receive the money coming in iPhone users low battery mode and sometimes airplane mode helps turn it back on to receive alerts but it prevents unauthorized access via apps installed in the background

A hacker will program mobile data because he expects you to use it when he’s following you around

I built the house
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by DollarSigns(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2023
RightDecision15:

Ode, finish man. Pant you no go see 🌝
:Db

My competitor I suppose cheesy
Because I have been thinking
that this my romance is already commissioned in heaven
No need to see pant, times have evolved
Sure babes no Dey wear pant, it’s free access to whoever her heart chooses
E better Mek you follow who get sense but no wear pant than who get pant but small sense no dey cos life hard
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by SenatePresdo(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2023
RichDad1:
Una never see anything. Shebi na Tinubu Dey feel am πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Na him dey complain naah, he needs it to buy votes.
My I only need it to buy petty things from petty traders. grin
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Denko2721987(m): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2023
Ade3131:
Naija which way?

It's actually got nothing to do with network. Their network is still functioning in top speed, but the challenge with those banks mobile apps is the sheer increase and unprecedented traffic they're experiencing. Mobile banking app users have increased tremendously since this draconian cash-trapped rule was set in motion.

To those who think this jungle economics of draining cash in the system will curb vote buying or handicap politicians from malpractices at the forthcoming elections, you guys just need to think again. You're living in your own fantasy world.

Naija na another planet on its own o... In other planets, leadership is about easing the pains of citizens and making life easier for them but in our own planet, punishing the people is actually interpreted as good governance.

I'm still waiting to see anything positive about the whole NIN madness when we already have BVN

They want us to go cashless yet they don't have the enough servers and framework to cater to the expected surge in traffic for a policy they are spearheading.. No be serious juju be that??

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by seglabsy(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2023
Mccallistas:
Lol..

A toddler wey dey crawl, you tell am make him begin run...

Nigeria still dey crawl as a nation.

Cashless no go work for now, it would only frustrate the poor masses.

Address Power
Address network issues
Address literacy level

Before you talk about cashless policy..

Our government have failed us greatly and they are not taking responsibility for their failures. That's why we're always enduring.
It's only the poor masses who endures bad governance.

this year,u will make it,God bless u

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by seglabsy(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2023
[quote author=b3llo post=120587567]Hmmm..... I transferred money the other day from GT Bank to Zenith Bank PLC along the way the money developed mind and went it's way. Till now, am still waiting for the money to arrive
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by paradigmshift(m): 8:58am On Feb 03, 2023
TarOrfeeek:

ACCESS BANK is USELESS
how Dem tke useless.. been using Dem for a long time n no error . Baba shift go one corner.... Open mouth waaaah
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Killerbag36: 9:15am On Feb 03, 2023
Edipet:
I transfer money to my zenith Bank, for our 3hrs I never receive the money

I transferred money to my zenith since 3 days back them debit the access bt the money never enter the zenith bank
Zenith bank its the worst bank ever.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Killerbag36: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2023
TarOrfeeek:

ACCESS BANK is USELESS

Then wat abt zenith bank
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Killerbag36: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2023
mastermaestro:

Online transfers have been working seamlessly. We are simply in the season of lies. I wonder why we have a culture of taking negative advantage of every situation in this country. sad

Cus ur own work
We wen de get issues since Monday re liers right no p
Enjoy
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Indispensable85(m): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2023
GTB and zenith bank dey misbehave.
Thank God I have many options.
First bank and opay have been smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by 113maduenu: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2023
You all asked for changeYou all asked for change...
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Pickmycall: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2023
Acidosis:

But Nigeria is ripe for ATM, yeah? Why are you using ATM in a country without electricity?
ATM that will decline a transfer.meanwhile,the sender has been debited.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 9:59am On Feb 03, 2023
Pickmycall:
ATM that will decline a transfer.meanwhile,the sender has been debited.

When Bukola Saraki introduced Nigeria's first ATM in Lagos in the late 1980's, we had more issues. The service was chaotic but the situation improved over time. So yeah, there's room for continuous improvement.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Pickmycall: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2023
Acidosis:

When Bukola Saraki introduced Nigeria's first ATM in Lagos in the late 1980's, we had more issues. The service was chaotic but the situation improved over time. So yeah, there's room for continuous improvement.
The worst is the bank will never reverse the money.Them go later share am among the board of directors as profits if the victims move on.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 10:29am On Feb 03, 2023
lexy2014:

if a man went to china to import POS on a massive scale, why arent you "making any reasonable effort to tap into the current crisis"? did anybody stop you?

you are asking "Why is no one talking about the CBN's digital currency by the way?" who stopped you from talking about it?

obviously, you are as ill prepared as everyone else on the issue.

you said "The CBN or government won't do it alone". did anybody send CBN or government message to start cashless policy?

how will our market women use the newly Created digital money?

One of the reasons I emphasised my disappointment in existing Fintech companies. I don't expect every tom, dick, and harry to invest their monies or monies they don't have in the first place.

And yet, I am as culpable as others cheesy But the reality must be said whether we like it or not.

Most of our Fintechs only want to raise money, proliferate the system with loan apps, and sponsor BeeBeeHen (BBN) after copying existing business models...

The idea of always using market women as excuse is unreasonable and shallow. Do you use the BRT more than the average market woman out there? They already know the value of contactless payment channels since the Lagos BRT system stopped cash payments in 2021. Go to Yaba station and see market women and grannies using contactless cards. Who told you they don't want better life and ease? People wey love WhatsApp and Facebook die, including the not so literate.

Like I mentioned on another thread, if we continue to hide under the voices of "market women," we will go nowhere. When Saraki introduced ATMs in the late 1980s, people used the same market women lies to resist the idea.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by lexy2014: 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
Acidosis:

One of the reasons I emphasised my disappointment in existing Fintech companies. I don't expect every tom, dick, and harry to invest their monies or monies they don't have in the first place.

And yet, I am as culpable as others cheesy But the reality must be said whether we like it or not.

Most of our Fintechs only want to raise money, proliferate the system with loan apps, and sponsor BeeBeeHen (BBN) after copying existing business models...

The idea of always using market women as excuse is unreasonable and shallow. Do you use the BRT more than the average market woman out there? They already know the value of contactless payment channels since the Lagos BRT system stopped cash payments in 2021. Go to Yaba station and see market women and grannies using contactless cards. Who told you they don't want better life and ease? People wey love WhatsApp and Facebook die, including the not so literate.

Like I mentioned on another thread, if we continue to hide under the voices of "market women," we will go nowhere. When Saraki introduced ATMs in the late 1980s, people used the same market women lies to resist the idea.

You didn't answer the questions I asked.

if a man went to china to import POS on a massive scale, why arent you "making any reasonable effort to tap into the current crisis"? did anybody stop you?

you are asking "Why is no one talking about the CBN's digital currency by the way?" who stopped you from talking about it?

you said "The CBN or government won't do it alone". did anybody send CBN or government message to start cashless policy?

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Segzy19: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
When many people switch to night mode, it will still result into the same thing. High traffic! grin grin grin grin

Ladiesdream:

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
lexy2014:

You didn't answer the questions I asked.

No.. Nobody stopped me....why?

Nobody stopped me....why?

Yes, I am as ill prepared and tactless about the cashless economy as everyone else. Only a few individuals with vision have so far tapped into the cashless policy that predates most Gen Zs today... An example, the founders of "Touch and Pay." They are Nigerians, not aliens.

Did anyone send bandits to kidnap catholic bishops, priests, and other citizens for N100 million cash??

How do market women use WhatsApp and Facebook? How are they able to share "fake news" across different WhatsApp groups?

I have reasonably answered your questions to the best of my ability. And I hope you understand that "cashless policy" does not mean "zero cash." So when you fight cashless policy, I really wonder what you are on about.... The direct opposite of cashless policy should be money laundering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Mohammed Indimi's 70th Birthday Celebration / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Tinubu's Daughter Crowned Iyaloja Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.