Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW (4078 Views)

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. / PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by rippa(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

President Buhari campaigns in Hausa in the North. It is inexplicable why and how on earth Mr Obi has lived in Yorubaland for decades yet can not understand or speak Yoruba, it shows his disdain for his host's culture and language.
The late Zik of Africa speaks Yoruba during campaigns while Late Chief Bola Ige speaks Igbo and Hausa fluently and use the language to campaign.

Language is for communication and human relationship, Asiwaju is communicating and relating with the people and with such huge votes at stake in his SW base, he needs to connect on a deeper level with his people.
If Mr Obi had been smart enough to learn and understand Yoruba, most Yoruba will not be seeing him today as an outsider. This is where most of my Igbo friends trump Obi, they speak Yoruba fluently today as proof that they have lived in Yorubaland.

The Yoruba know that Mr Obi holds the Yoruba and Yoruba language in disdain and that is why after living for decades in Yorubaland, he can not speak Yoruba and missed the opportunity.

Mr Obi is not different from another native Igboman who has never even stepped foot in Yorubaland. He is not smart to have ignored learning how to speak, read and write Yoruba. He is not smart at all. Today, he should be campaigning in Yoruba in SW, Igbo in SE and Datti helping him campaign in Hausa in the North.
I once watched Oshiomhole campaign in Yoruba in Osun state and I watched Phillip Shuabu campaign in Yoruba in the Yoruba-speaking part of Edo state during the last Edo governorship election which he won.
U always write long story and end up making no point
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by OmoOdumosa(m): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
“na idiot u be” yoruba have more literate than any region in Nigeria ,i won't Deny the fact that most Yoruba do not speak English but majority people understand .We cherish our language so much here i don't know about Igbo but most yoruba understand English so well even most of us don't speak or like speaking it
Also, why disturbing yourself over yoruba matter??
franchasng:
Don't be deceived, 65% of Yorubas don't understand English, especially those living outside Lagos and Tinubu knows this.

The only Yorubas that understand English are those of them that have mixed with other tribes in Lagos, Ibadan, Agbara, Ore Ondo, etc.

I served in Yoruba land, I speak with audacity that majority of Yorubas outside Yoruba state capitals don't understand English.

If you go to Primary and Secondary schools in Yoruba states outside their state capitals, they teach them in Yoruba dialect. They even teach them English using Yoruba dialect.

But you are also right that an average Yoruba person is a born tribalist, yet they are not bold enough to demand for their own Yoruba country where they can live their life the way they cherish devoid of interference from any other tribe

2 Likes

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by seanwilliam(m): 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
See inferiority complex at its peak.
When you’re not proud of your language , who u go blame?

So he should be speaking English in a yoruba-speaking state? You’re dumb tbh, I feel like slapping u.

Vote whoever you want I don’t care , but be sensible

1 Like

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by rippa(m): 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
seanwilliam:
See inferiority complex at its peak.
When you’re not proud of your language , who u go blame?

So he should be speaking English in a yoruba-speaking state? You’re dumb tbh, I feel like slapping u.

Vote whoever you want I don’t care , but be sensible
When others decide to start doing it
Dont come here to shout ethnic bigotry
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by seanwilliam(m): 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
rippa:

When others decide to start doing it
Dont come here to shout ethnic bigotry

There’s nothing bad in anyone embracing their language. Kokosidanu
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by Nigeriakan: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
franchasng:
Don't be deceived, 65% of Yorubas don't understand English, especially those living outside Lagos and Tinubu knows this.

The only Yorubas that understand English are those of them that have mixed with other tribes in Lagos, Ibadan, Agbara, Ore Ondo, etc.

I served in Yoruba land, I speak with audacity that majority of Yorubas outside Yoruba state capitals don't understand English.

If you go to Primary and Secondary schools in Yoruba states outside their state capitals, they teach them in Yoruba dialect. They even teach them English using Yoruba dialect.

But you are also right that an average Yoruba person is a born tribalist, yet they are not bold enough to demand for their own Yoruba country where they can live their life the way they cherish devoid of interference from any other tribe

This is one reason the Yorùbá language and culture are thriving, even outside Nigeria. Always, be proud of your language and culture; it's the only identity you've got.

Yorùbá ń gbayé lọ, àwọn dìndìnrìn ò mọ̀.

Mind you, I'm an Obi fan, but won't tolerate any trashing of my culture from anyone who is ashamed of their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by rippa(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigeriakan:

This is one reason the Yorùbá language and culture are thriving, even outside Nigeria. Always, be proud of your language and culture; it's the only identity you've got.

Mind you, I'm an Obi fan, but won't tolerate any trashing of my culture from anyone who is ashamed of their own.
Sha also defend Obi and Atiku when dey start doing the same
Dont come here and shout ethnic bigotry

Naso una defend Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket but criticise Obi for honouring church invitations
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by maybet081: 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
Foolishbuhari:
What do you expect from a regional candidate? 😂😂
Not Yorubas,but Moslem Yoruba only.

Christians aren't fools.
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by 77up(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
There is nothing that doesn't pain these stupid people, then do you with hatred.

How is his campaign and his style affects you if not that you all are daft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by 77up(m): 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigeriakan:

How you manage to support Obi really beyond me. Those people are too hateful to the extent that they are at alert to insult you at any provocation even as you are supporting them.

I just hope your support for them is not just another bandwagon or peer pressure, they don't deserve it. I will rather not vote or support anyone instead of them.

I know we Yoruba are liberal, simple,very welcoming and accommodating hence why they all strive well in our region but can we say the same about them? You can't even buy property easily in the East, it's that bad.

I'm into Real Estate, we have offices across almost all the South West States, north central and some part of south south , we actually have land locations in all of these states, guess what , it has not been easy getting space in any eastern state, they will frustrate all your effort to do so.

The essence of supporting who hate you really beyond me but I respect your opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by blabulu2000: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
rippa:
Why do Tinubu always addressed his supporters in Yoruba language anytime he campaigned or visit South West states?
Does he think its only the Yorubas that comes out to listen to him?
Obi have campaigned in the East and Atiku in the North, i haven't seen them using their languages in those areas.
If it was Obi that is doing this now, urchins will be urinating everywhere on this platform.
Tinubu is the only candidate using both religion and ethnicity to campaign so far but they will still put it on Obi

Lemme respond ....political toddler ...why would can't you learn Yoruba language to be able to understand what he is saying....

He speaks Yoruba because he knows he is in Yoruba state ....The state is largely Yoruba-speaking state...and perhaps if you don't hear the language there is room for you to learn...

1 Like

Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by stuffs2002: 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2023
rippa:
Why do Tinubu always addressed his supporters in Yoruba language anytime he campaigned or visit South West states?
Does he think its only the Yorubas that comes out to listen to him?
Obi have campaigned in the East and Atiku in the North, i haven't seen them using their languages in those areas.
If it was Obi that is doing this now, urchins will be urinating everywhere on this platform.
Tinubu is the only candidate using both religion and ethnicity to campaign so far but they will still put it on Obi

1) Tinubu can campaign anyway he deems fit as he is not under any obligation to follow the rules st for him by IPOB CANNIBALS.
2) Atiku also speaks hasusa in the north and there is no crime in it.
3) It is neither the fault of Tinubu nor Atiku that Peter Obi is ashamed of his Language
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by Putinofrussia: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
GoodHardDickk:
Tinubu is a regional candidate and a tribalistic bigot. Moreover about 70% yorubas do not understand English, hence the drug lord uses their dialect to communicate with them.

Tinubu will come distant 5th behind sowore in this election
Not 70%,sir.
It is 99.8% including me.
It is because we are mostly petty traders.
We no like school ni.Help!!
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by misano(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
padyt007:
if you said this about the north I will have agreed with you . I guessed you served in a farm settlement in South western Nigeria… because I know they don’t joke with education in south west .
Oga na lie. Social media has exposed Yoruba people. They are mostly illiterates.
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by flokii: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
There is something unique about being Yoruba.. you're naturally ahead of your foes.

I'm proud to be Yoruba and despite all the English and grammar we know and blow, we're still proud of our identity.
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by rippa(m): 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
flokii:
There is something unique about being Yoruba.. you're naturally ahead of your foes.

I'm proud to be Yoruba and despite all the English and grammar we know and blow, we're still proud of our identity.
Until Obi start speaking igbos
Then u will start shouting tribalism
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by padyt007(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2023
That is your thoughts.. I am entitled to my opinion.. I am sure you school in the SE ..
misano:
Oga na lie. Social media has exposed Yoruba people. They are mostly illiterates.
Re: My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW by Nigeriakan: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2023
rippa:

Sha also defend Obi and Atiku when dey start doing the same
Dont come here and shout ethnic bigotry

Naso una defend Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket but criticise Obi for honouring church
I

We're not talking about church or mosque here, ọgbẹran.

It's not a crime or tribal bigotry to speak your language where almost all of your audience understand the language. It's called sensibility, cultural pride.

Obi and Atiku can do same in the North and East.

Must you find faults in everything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Sells Her Birthright in the Niger Delta / Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? / Nigeria Should Censor The Internet To Prevent Revolutions - Eugene Juwah, NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.