Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. (7602 Views)

Biafra: Southsouth And Southeast Are One And Indivisible - Akwa-ibomite / Congratulations To Southwest And South South. / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 6:41am On Dec 22, 2023
The dick measurement between southeast and southwest is not new to anyone here in nairaland and as someone who has toured both regions extensively, I have some observations to make so both parties can relate to it.
Kindly note that in this analysis, I'm not including Lagos state, Lagos is miles ahead of any state in southeast or southwest, hence I will focus more on the other 5 states in southwest.

1. Foreign large-scale Industrialization:
My observation is that southwest is more industrialized that southeast in general, particularly the states of Oyo nd Ogun hold more industries than any state in southeast. However, states like Abia, Anambra and Enugu are more industrialized than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo.

2. Local industrialization:
There's seem to be more of industries that are locally owned in southeast than southwest, particularly in Anambra and Abia. However, in Ogun nd Oyo, many local production are also taking place.

3. Agriculture:
Southwest is far ahead of southeast when it comes to agricultural production including livestocks etc. I'm of the knowledge that southeast is more of a consumer market when it comes to agriculture except from Local rice production happening in Ebonyi state.

4. Standard of living:
I will give this to southeast, southeastern usually don't like living in rickette and old looking houses as much as people from southwest. It is why when you look at the landscape of a town from southeast compared to that of southwest, southeast will most likely look better. Southeasterner invest a lot in buildings than southwest.

5. Commerce:
We have more commercial activity in southeast than southwest, Abia and Anambra are more commercialized than any state in southwest. This is not to say that Oyo and Ogun are not doing well here as well. After Lagos and probably Kano, no state in Nigeria compares to Abia and Anambra when it comes to commercial activity.

6. Federal government presence:
Southwest has more federal government impact than southeast. Southeasterner seem to be more independent of the government in whatever they do.

This is a decent overview and it should help us reach a common ground on this dick measurement.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Bliss52: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2023
Your Opinion is based on your Perception

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by aljharem(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2023
Ideally we should not be competing but collaborating. It is sad really

17 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by bhella10: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2023
Why Always measuring DK with the West? Try North sometimes and please don't exclude Kano or Abuja. They are North just as Lagos is West but continue grin

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Isobug: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2023
If not for greediness of some people, is there supposed to be any comparison? They want it all alone. They will still come out in their numbers when the turn of the South comes again

4 Likes

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by flokii: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2023
Trash..

1. Standard of living in South West is far far better than South East, reason the Igbos flock into SW en masse. Cost of food and other basic commodities are cheaper and affordable in SW than SE where most commodities are sold at ridiculous prices.

2. Cost of Lands in SW is relatively affordable for most people to buy regardless of ethnicity provided they make judicious use of the land whereas a tiny piece of land in SE can sell for 30 - 40 million, is that not greed?.. Who will go and drop 30 million for one thief in SE when the same money will buy lands in SW and complete choice investments.

3. Last but not least.. South West no be South East mate in anyway.. Oyo State is the same size as all 5 South East States put together, Ibadan is bigger than 3 South East States combined, so what are we saying?.
If Oyo is industrialized and SE isn't.. then why compare?

44 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kettykin: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:
Trash..

1. Standard of living in South West is far far better than South East, reason the Igbos flock into SW en masse. Cost of food and other basic commodities are cheaper and affordable in SW than SE where most commodities are sold at ridiculous prices.

2. Cost of Lands in SW is relatively affordable for most people to buy regardless of ethnicity provided they make judicious use of the land whereas a tiny piece of land in SE can sell for 30 - 40 million, is that not greed?.. Who will go and drop 30 million for one thief in SE when the same money will buy lands in SW and complete choice investments.

3. Last but not least.. South West no be South East mate in anyway.. Oyo State is the same size as all 5 South East States put together, Ibadan is bigger than 3 South East States combined, so what are we saying?.
.are igbos flocking south west or Lagos, the number of igbos in Niger delta is almost 50 times the number of igbos in south west aside Lagos

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by flokii: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

.are igbos flocking south west or Lagos, the number of igbos in Niger delta is almost 50 times the number of igbos in south west aside Lagos

Go to Ogun State and Oyo State and see your people there in their millions.. Noone can pinpoint exactly what is driving Igbos away from South East.

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by kettykin: 7:38am On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:

Go to Ogun State and Oyo State and see your people there in their millions.. Noone can pinpoint what exactly is driving Igbos away from South East

I have traveled round Nigeria, the number of igbos in oyo is not upto 0.05% of igbos in kano , but kano people will never make noise about the large trading igbo communities in kano but yorubas will not let us sleep if there are 5 igbos in ibadan

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Armaggedon: 7:39am On Dec 22, 2023
Oyo is industrialised?
Lol

Your write-up sounds so insecure and defensive that one cannot think twice in concluding you're a ronu.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by itsIYKE(m): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:
Trash..

Oga Zuzout from here

Standard of living in the east is way ahead of what is is in the west, Igbo people coming to do business in Lagos is what you interpret as “Flocking”, where ever there is an opportunity for business the Igbo man will be there even if it be the devils backyard.

Land is expensive in the east because of high demand, when you have a high number of indigenes with a serious purchasing power that is what you get, simple economics, rotten dilapidated villages littered all over the southwest is of no use to anybody reason real estate goes for Pennies

There the dimwit goes again using landmass to beat chest, the whole of southwest minus Lagos will fit into Niger state now go and cry by the corner, if you don’t know what real development indexes are.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

I have traveled round Nigeria, the number of igbos in oyo I not upto 0.05% of igbos in kano , but kano people will never make noise about the large trading igbo communities in kano but yorubas will not let us sleep if there are 5 igbos in ibadan
lmao
The amount of fl@tties in Ibadan should times two that of Kano.
They now found Ibadan as their new home

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:
Trash..

Well, if you post a pictotial landscape of a town in southeast and southwest, you will see sharp differences in the standard of living.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Armaggedon: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
lmao
if Igbos are that many in Ibadan, Ibadan would've civilized like Lagos.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:46am On Dec 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
if Igbos are that many in Ibadan, Ibadan would've civilized like Lagos.
but 90% of those in SE are ibos,why haven’t any of those tiny backward villages you called cities not civilized like Lagos ?

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 7:46am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
lmao
I don't think it's by size.
Majority of those inhabited places in Ibadan are huge slum settings with rustic roofs. It's large no doubt but how significant is this. It's like quality over quantity. A huge part of Ibadan is not economically viable enough.

Kano as a place, even though is smaller by landmass is more economically viable than Ibadan.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2023
kettykin:

I have traveled round Nigeria, the number of igbos in oyo I not upto 0.05% of igbos in kano , but kano people will never make noise about the large trading igbo communities in kano but yorubas will not let us sleep if there are 5 igbos in ibadan
This is a big fat lie and you know it
Igbos in Ondo my state alone are many
I grew up together with many of them

Not only in the state capital o but in villages as well
Your people plenty in that Ibadan you lots like to denigrate every time

I can tell you for free that many igbos are even in the civil service at least, the one I am 100% sure of is under the administration of Seyi Makinde

So,tell another lie.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Well, if you post a pictotial landscape of a town in southeast and southwest, you will see sharp differences in the standard of living.
you go sit in you backward jungle in abakalikie Dey compare your tiny 2x2 village with Ibadan lmao
Ignorant mofo like you think Ibadan starts and end with brown roof which only concentrated in an area just like makoko ?

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by TokunboCarsOnly: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2023
flokii:
Trash..

Hate will not allow you to be objective enough. Even as I read your trash, I can hear and feel the hate oozing from your soul. But whatever rocks your boat nigga I really don't care. But one thing is certain, SE is way above SW by every standard.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Armaggedon: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
but 90% of those in SE are ibos,why hasn’t any of those tiny backward villages you called cities civilized like Lagos ?
that's why they have the least poverty rate.
That's why they have highest literacy rate.
That's why they have the most productive economy.

Tell me where you are the best without the input of Igbos and foreigners?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:

I can tell you for free that many igbos are even in the civil service at least, the one I am 100% sure of is under the administration of Seyi Makinde

So,tell another lie.
you dey mind the ignorant mofo who sit in his hut to Dey type rubbish.
He should try visit iwo road alone to see how ibos keep alighting from bus every seconds

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by nedu666: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
lmao

Millions of lgbos in Ibadan, Millions in ogun. Every one is claiming Millions of lgbos in their state, then how many lgbos are there in Nigeria. Don’t you see how stupid you sound

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
that's [s]why they have the least poverty rate
That's why they have highest literacy rate
That's why they have the most productive economy[/s]

Tell me where you are the best without the input of Igbos and foreigners?
trash.
Stop listening to radio Biafra

Don’t tell me the nwa boy boy who sells gala and lacasera in hold up are part of what yoh listed up there

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by nedu666: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2023
Tmb78:

So,tell another lie.

You mean empty Yoruba villages houses millions of lgbos. This one thinks this is tele tubbies

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by spagettiluv: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

Millions of lgbos in Ibadan, Millions in ogun. Every one is claiming Millions of lgbos in their state, then how many lgbos are there in Nigeria. Don’t you see how stupid you sound
soludo wasn’t lying when he said millions of ibos have escaped to SW

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 7:58am On Dec 22, 2023
itsIYKE:

Oga Zuzout from here

Standard of living in the east is way ahead of what is is in the west, Igbo people coming to do business in Lagos is what you interpret as “Flocking”, where ever there is an opportunity for business the Igbo man will be there even if it be the devils backyard.

Land is expensive in the east because of high demand, when you have a high number of indigenes with a serious purchasing power that is what you get, simple economics, rotten dilapidated villages littered all over the southwest is of no use to anybody reason real estate goes for Pennies

There the dimwit goes again using landmass to beat chest, the whole of southwest minus Lagos will fit into Niger state now go and cry by the corner, if you don’t know what real development indexes are.
The lies you all tell yourselves sha😂😂

You all like to talk as if igbos in west are mostly importers and exporters of goods and spare parts alone
Of course, we have igbos doing businesses like that
Even some sell wares in our markets in the West

But a good number of igbos too are doing menial jobs like farming, vigilantes in our estates and some are teachers too.

I know some who are wine tappers in ondo villages

What is happening in reality is very far from what you all write here and it's funny and pathetic as hell

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 7:58am On Dec 22, 2023
The point to note is southwest will always determine the fate of foreigners in their domin . They can close markets or demolish structures at will. It will be pathetic like almost happened in Lagos if south Easterners determine the fate of southwesterners in southwest . An emigrant is always an emigrant . If you feel your region is better kindly stay there and die there. No need for comparison.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by FatherOfJesus: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
you go sit in you backward jungle in abakalikie Dey compare your tiny 2x2 village with Ibadan lmao
Ignorant mofo like you think Ibadan starts and end with brown roof which only concentrated in an area just like makoko ?
Calm down, everything no be noise and fight.
We are having a sane conversation and stop acting like you are all walked up

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Tmb78(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

You mean empty Yoruba villages houses millions of lgbos. This one thinks this is tele tubbies
Haaaaa
the day the Igbo man will face reality is the day you all will get your Biafra, mark my words😂😂😂😂

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by Workch: 8:00am On Dec 22, 2023
spagettiluv:
you dey mind the ignorant mofo who sit in his hut to Dey type rubbish.
He should try visit iwo road alone to see how ibos keep alighting from bus every seconds
first picture is ogbomoso, the other is nsukka, they are the second largest towns in their respective states. you dont need to be told which has the higher standard of living

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by tsdarkside(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2023
is this a joke....??

you cant compare south west to south east....
makes no sense....

if south east was realy like south west or even near,would soo many igbos be relocatin to south west....??

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest And Southeast Development Rivalry: My Observations. by skj1377(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2023
The reason people migrate to a region is for better prospects . This simply means lack of satisfaction in their region for one reason or the other. How many Nigerians have migrated to Somalia or Afghanistan or Yemen. Now imagine some funny guy from Yemen telling you Ibadan is underdeveloped or has zinc rusted roofs then backs up his claim with pictures from a city in Yemen.

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Fg Begs SSANU, NASU, NAT To Suspend Strike.. / 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries / Seun Finally Agreed That Tinubu Is A Drug Lord and withdrew his support (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.