Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? (6636 Views)

How Private Is It? / Would You Ever Cheat In A Relationship? / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
How Private Can You Be. . .

Ever had a partner who just kept almost everything to themselves, or even a friend that just wasn't ready to open up about stuff or share anything personal which you could probably help them with?

So, how private can you be in a relationship?how much can you ask to know?and how much will you tell?do you always give back what you get?or get abck what you give?

Your views
smiley
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by omega25red(m): 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
if i'm getting to know you i wont spill my guts to you. I need some time to figure if i can tell you things that you wont come back and use it against me.
Besides no matter how long you are with someone even if you get married there are still something you wont share.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
omega25red:

if i'm getting to know you i wont spill my guts to you. I need some time to figure if i can tell you things that you wont come back and use it against me.
Besides no matter how long you are with someone even if you get married there are still something you wont share.
Interesting.

Things like?

Whats the essence of calling them your hearthrob then?
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by BABE3: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
I'm not private, and I can't cope with private people. Why are we friends if we're "private"? I want to know everything and I tell friends everything (almost).
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^Hmm exctly. . .but with care.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by omega25red(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Interesting.
Things like?

Whats the essence of calling them your hearthrob then?

Come on poster you know you have some deep rooted things you wont share example: some people might not share what they did to get to where they are in life right now as in maybe they stole or killed or did something not good to get ahead. some people may not trust you enough though you have been together for a long time to share their vulnerabilities with you because as soon as you fight the first thing you will mention will be just that etc
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by 190smh: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
BABE meet me in the bathroom embarassed embarassed

Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
omega25red:

Come on poster you know you have some deep rooted things you wont share example: some people might not share what they did to get to where they are in life right now as in maybe they stole or killed or did something not good to get ahead. some people may not trust you enough though you have been together for a long time to share their vulnerabilities with you because as soon as you fight the first thing you will mention will be just that etc

Nothing is new, and the truth with eventually reveal itselfs.somehow,some way, somewhere.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by omega25red(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Nothing is new, and the truth with eventually reveal itselfs.somehow,some way, somewhere.
well until that day. Besides some things are best left not mentioned
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^Well there is truth in that, but when it's to death do us part c'monn we gotz to be REAL with ourselves wink
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Pweety4me(f): 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^Problemo?
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by WebSurfer(m): 4:38am On Sep 09, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 5:02am On Sep 09, 2011
There are certain thing that you should keep private in a relationship but your partner should know who you are and general secrets involve the pair of you.

Holding things in is a sign of mistrust and deceit.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Lax75(m): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2011
Once kept it from an reserve in thex tht I was a reservist soldier. Knew how she felt about guns and war and didnt want her getting this info to my mom in naija.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 5:38am On Sep 09, 2011
Lax75:

Once kept it from an reserve in thex tht I was a reservist soldier. Knew how she felt about guns and war and didnt want her getting this info to my mom in naija.

Do you scream when you hear a car backfiring or shout INCOMING? lipsrsealed
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by ice234: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2011
As private as broadcasting it on facebook, twitter, cnn, al jazzera, carton network etc
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by WhyAWhy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
omega25red:

The relationship is already over even before it started. I am outta here. I remember firing a babe even for lying about her past.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by omega25red(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
WhyAWhy:

The relationship is already over even before it started. I am outta here. I remember firing a babe even for lying about her past.
you misunderstand what i meant. I didn't say lie i just said there things you leave unsaid. that is different from lying.

there are some things that people do that it wouldn't even occur to you to ask them because you are assuming that person is a good person and the thought wouldn't even cross your mind. If they don't mention it how is that lying?
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by amblors(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2011
Relationships IMO are mainly for companionship.
if you dont want to share
if you want to be private, why get in a relationship?
stay by yourself.

It would be very weird having to hear your partner telly you atleast once every week,
i just wanna be alone.

i guess more men seek privacy more than ladies
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2011
I am very open in my relationship except I have topic I will not even dream about telling my GF about like my ATM pin, how much is in my account and how her mum has been eyeing me(kidding)
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by woetooam4j: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2011
BABE!:

I'm not private, and I can't cope with private people. Why are we friends if we're "private"? I want to know everything and I tell friends everything (almost).

WHen was you last menstrual period?

We are one big family here on NL
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by ronkebp(f): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2011
Sometimes it is better to be private than public in you affairs, circumstances and attitudes of friends and family will determine what you want to open up about and who you want to open-up to.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by woetooam4j: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2011
ronkebp:

Sometimes it is better to be private than public in you affairs, circumstances and attitudes of friends and family will determine what you want to open up about and who you want to open-up to.

Do you mind mind opening your legs for me. I need to know and see what is in between your legs.
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
I don't believe this is the best you can come up with. You should have ask her something really corny
woetooam4j:

WHen was you last menstrual period?

We are one big family here on NL
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
Mynd_44:

I don't believe this is the best you can come up with. You should have ask her something really corny
Did you actually read his username? woe to oam4j? shocked grin grin I'm seeing things i swear! grin grin
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by woetooam4j: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2011
sexkillz:

Did you actually read his username? woe to oam4j? shocked grin grin I'm seeing things i swear! grin grin

Ibi ti won ba fi elemosho si ni n sho, No?
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
woetooam4j:

Ibi ti won ba fi elemosho si ni n sho, No?
Engrisssh pwease! grin grin grin
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Greenslim: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2011
we have different personality trait which make a difference in the way will go about out things
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Topic! As long as she is not my wife, i can choose to be as private as i want! If she doesnt like it, she can use the exit!
Re: How Private Can You Be In A Relationship? by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2011
sexkillz:

See trouble for NL

(1) (2) (Reply)

19-yr-old Boy Narrates How He Charms Married Women Into Sex With Magic Ring / Menstrual Sex / Name One Nairalander That You Can Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.