Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch (15517 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Grace001: 5:44am On Feb 04, 2023
Masses mumu never do, they will still vote for APC.

It will be suffering PROMAX
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by orisa37: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2023
I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER ME. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by sheriffindy(m): 6:25am On Feb 04, 2023
God works in mysterious ways....

High cost of living

High cost of fuel

You don't have cash

You can't get your hard earned money from the banks

For the first time in my life I'm experiencing a situation where you use your own money to buy your own money again...(like WTF).

And they are still campaigning for you to vote them back in power again.

ONLY FOOLS WON'T KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Brushstrokes20: 6:25am On Feb 04, 2023
The satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided undecided

VOTE WISELY!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by saintadeola: 6:26am On Feb 04, 2023
They all deserve it,they voted him,it’s what they want.they are already bidding for new Apc evil man.it’s just the beginning

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by saintadeola: 6:26am On Feb 04, 2023
The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by spiralwedge(m): 6:26am On Feb 04, 2023
Have you ever heard that there's a protest in the North? Lol. The only protest there is religious protest and killings.

All these policies don't affect them there. They only affect the South. When the borders were closed, the borders in the North were wide open. Imported rice was banned, But rice was coming in through Niger, Chad and Northern parts of Benin Rep.

There were protests in Ibadan, Lagos, Ondo. But in the North, all is fine, there is enough cash going round.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Atlantis585: 6:26am On Feb 04, 2023
If it will help to stop Jagabandit EscoBAT and his BATstards from taking over our country and our commonwealth, I can survive another 7 years of hardship.

No more extensions.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by owem19(m): 6:33am On Feb 04, 2023
Mannabqgrills aka vulture griller
Equal2DeTask:
Show me anyone that voted this Buhari's APC government, give me a gun, I will shoot that person dead.... angry
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Jack500: 6:40am On Feb 04, 2023
Ogaga87:
The suffering we have today with this naira and fuel is because of Tinubu the JONAH in the ship.. Gather hand cast Jim to the sea and complete calmness will return..

Buhari administration is corrupt but handling power back to Tinubu, a man who bullion van can miss its way to his house, that will be the highest joke ever.. Corruption will come in a more refreshing and vibrant outlook that will erase the country looking at our country's current debt.

Tinubu is the CBN governor and also the president now, damaged brain ipob
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Buksaylor: 6:43am On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Braun007: 6:45am On Feb 04, 2023
Even with all this suffering and hardship some slaves are still clamoring for this evil party to continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Shadysen: 7:00am On Feb 04, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
The effect of this policy will be felt for years to come. The threat to bank workers and the fact that people are realizing that going extreme will make the bank managers act...expect to see more of such actions. The vandalization of the bank branches will cost billions. This begs the question...Is it really worth it? My answer is NO...you can have a good policy and bad timing. THIS WAS A GOOD POLICY AND BAD TIMING...I CAN SEE OBI IS QUIET AND NOT SAYING ANYTHING. THIS IS THE MOMENT THAT SEPARATES LEADERS. YOU HAVE TO TAKE A STAND TELLING PEOPLE TO STICK TO THIS NONSENSE OR CALL CBN TO ORDER. KEEPING QUIET IS WHAT STUPID LEADERS WILL DO. VOTE WISELY.

Are you mad to add OBI in this stupid buhari's leadership? are you so dump like this? mention me and jah go punish you this morning!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Kingchineme6(m): 7:04am On Feb 04, 2023
With all these hardship and suffering Nigerians are passing right now some people are still thinking of voting for some old, greedy men in power..... If you're a Nigerian and still thinking about this you and your entire household will never have peace........ Amen....

Vote wisely for a better Nigeria 🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by ShaqFu: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2023
Things like this would have been resolved easily if we are a serious people. The means by which institutions like the CBN is suppose to use to check the excesses of banks isn't there. This is why we are experiencing this nonsense.

Imagine the president talking about the banks being greedy and the likes, when he should have deployed the agency that is suppose to look into this charade to the banks to monitor them and make sure they comply without letting their greed and selfishness get the best of them.

This is really a shame. It's becoming apparent that even the president and the CBN governor can't do anything to curb the excesses and greed of many Nigerians.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Splendor27: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2023
Shame on the yeeebos supporting this policy claiming it target for balablu,,

Some people are too daft to allow tribalism take over Dem..
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Ogaga87(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2023
Jack500:

Tinubu is the CBN governor and also the president now, damaged brain ipob

Trying to transform a nonsense person to a sensible one is quite difficult..

I understand your problem and will not relent in proffering a solution..
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by lawalmovichhhh: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2023
it will not be better for Nigerians who think like a fool....i heard u guys saying this policy is okay so that there won't be buying of vote, can u see how stupid u re. those people u re complaining abt would have got the new naira note before u that is suffering to get it, if terrorist/bandits can get it that much before you, can u see we re doom as country.

for all those years this incompetent president have been on that sit, now that he has just few month to go. he approve this stupid policy to suffers us more.

when other country re redesigning dere currency for the betterment of dere economy, but our own agenda is for election (which I hope is not there agenda by the govt).
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by JOemmy(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
We were told in his first coming that Nigerians were queuing up to buy groceries. In his second coming, we are queuing up to withdraw money while many are buying naira.

That man has no atom of leadership quality in him. I don't blame the old herder though. I blame those who voted for him twice clear-headed.

The whole blame should actually go to tinibu who is now offering himself as the only solution to the problem he created he was the one that masterminded and packaged buhari to gullible nigerians as the messiah.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by PhiJoi(m): 7:28am On Feb 04, 2023
Just to think of it, this NAIRA RESIGN policy is specially design for Tinubu APC, by Buhari APC.

We will be forced to hate APC generally and refused to vote for TINUBU, because Buhari never want Tinubu as Nigeria President.

And I like it, this will help us to vote wisely

My opinion.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by yomi007k(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2023
Ogaga87:

Trying to transform a nonsense person to a sensible one is quite difficult..

I understand your problem and will not relent in proffering a solution..

He is right you know.

You should get your brain checked.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Invest4growth: 7:30am On Feb 04, 2023
I think CBN underestimated the importance of cash in economic activities in Nigeria while overrating banking spread and willingness to adopt cashless policy. How does one explain a situation where CBN withdrew N2trilion but printed new notes of N300billion. Such system is bound to fail. Such system is doomed to failure. What should have been done is to allow both currencies to operate side by side while gradually withdrawing the old notes. Alternatively, print an equal amount of old naira notes or a proportion close to it while encouraging the use of alternative channels to full the small gap. The gap now is too wide!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by yomi007k(m): 7:32am On Feb 04, 2023
Invest4growth:
I think CBN underestimated the importance of cash in economic activities in Nigeria while overrating banking spread and willingness to adopt cashless policy. How does one explain a situation where CBN withdrew N2trilion but printed new notes of N300billion. Such system is bound to fail. Such system is doomed to failure. What should have been done is to allow both currencies to operate side by side while gradually withdrawing the old notes. Alternatively, print an equal amount of old naira notes or a proportion close to it while encouraging the use of alternative channels to full the small gap. The gap now is too wide!

This is the ideal thing that should be done.

But when you have unintelligent people blinded by emotions then chaos , anarchy and doom is bound to occur.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by JOemmy(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
The effect of this policy will be felt for years to come. The threat to bank workers and the fact that people are realizing that going extreme will make the bank managers act...expect to see more of such actions. The vandalization of the bank branches will cost billions. This begs the question...Is it really worth it? My answer is NO...you can have a good policy and bad timing. THIS WAS A GOOD POLICY AND BAD TIMING...I CAN SEE OBI IS QUIET AND NOT SAYING ANYTHING. THIS IS THE MOMENT THAT SEPARATES LEADERS. YOU HAVE TO TAKE A STAND TELLING PEOPLE TO STICK TO THIS NONSENSE OR CALL CBN TO ORDER. KEEPING QUIET IS WHAT STUPID LEADERS WILL DO. VOTE WISELY.

Obi speaking out won't change anything if not for tinibu's corrupt altitude of buying votes with bullion vans I don't think buhari and emefele would have thought of implementing this policy at this time the whole blame should actually go to politicians like tinibu who have corrupted the nigerian democratic system with stolen money.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Parachoko: 7:45am On Feb 04, 2023
spiralwedge:
Have you ever heard that there's a protest in the North? Lol. The only protest there is religious protest and killings.

All these policies don't affect them there. They only affect the South.
You be mugu
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by OyinO: 7:48am On Feb 04, 2023
Shame on Nigeria. Shame on the leaders. When the failed con3 finally burns, the evil and heartless leaders will not escape.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by FireUpNow(m): 8:04am On Feb 04, 2023
Punch newspaper was also part of the print media that promoted Buhari and praised him to high heaven in 2015. So punch is telling us what has been said already. Nor be today. My happiness is that those that brought this demonic APC and their leaders are suffering too
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by BloomingDale(f): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2023
yomi007k:

Emefiele is supposed to be the professional in this reagrds.

He has failed and should be sacked.

You can’t sack him. Buhari is satisfied with his services and has refused to sack him. What you gonna do about it? Hold whom you voted for accountable. Leave Emefiele alone.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by yomi007k(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2023
BloomingDale:

You can’t sack him. Buhari is satisfied with his services and has refused to sack him. What you gonna do about it? Hold whom you voted for accountable. Leave Emefiele alone.
I didn't vote him , FYI.

Well, when the suffering gets to you and your family,remember your words.

I am sure you are already used to a life of anarchy anyways.
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Lacash: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2023
Marisa1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/new-naira-nightmare-buhari-consigns-nigerians-to-seven-more-days-of-hardship/%3famp
Buhari is a tyrant who doesn’t care about the feelings of the masses, he is a national disgrace🥸
Re: Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch by Winterhaven(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2023
Equal2DeTask:
Show me anyone that voted this Buhari's APC government, give me a gun, I will shoot that person dead.... angry
morons like you are the reason sects like isis and boko haram exist. Your best solution to anything is violence, no sense to come up with something better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entrepreneurship Journey Just Made Simple With These life changing Resources ! / The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria / *URGENT URGENT* fashion retail merchandising FOR NEW STORES ACCROSS NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.