Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) (32461 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria / How The 108 MEGAPIXELS Camera Performs On The Oppo Reno3 Pro By Fisayo Fosudo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2023
Generalwoodz:
I can see them shitting their pants. Yeah! MTN and Airtel

Nothing like that. Starlink will only take very tiny fraction of their customers base in which they already worked on replacement.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by martineverest(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2023
Crumbian:

It's meant for individuals too but since Nigeria is a shithole country, it is meant for those with high income.
individuals like business owners,content creators ,streamers and netizens are also in the games as it favours dem more
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by martineverest(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2023
GIANTPLUSHUB:

Nothing like that. Starlink will only take very tiny fraction of their customers base in which they already worked on replacement.
u think so.....so many people pay more than 50k per month for data subscriptions compared to starlink 19k.

6 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Scamburster(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2023
Nwadu:
Ladies and gents...

Gone are those days when medical science, pharmacy, law and accounting were the most successful and lucrative courses to study.

ICT, telecoms, infotech and CSC have taken over.

Gone are the days when literacy meant who can read or write.. now a literate person is he who is very inclined with technology.

In the nearest years the world won't be led by the rich and Mighty anymore but by technocrats and IT experts.

The words professor, doctor, esquire, his excellency will all be obsolete in a few years to come.

Do you know that customers can now produce their ATM cards without entering the banks? Do you know that in the nearest years banks won't exist in buildings again but just on the internet

Do you know that I can help you monitor your spouse's social media messages (Whatsapps, phonecalls and even Facebook) messages and get them delivered directly to your own phones

I am @ zero eight one one three 077 one 67

The world is now a digital global village.
Hmm. Scammer.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by chichriso: 8:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by OlawaleBammie: 8:18am On Feb 04, 2023
martineverest:
even in remote villages ,it will work

Aahhh

Wonti Fe baye local network provider je grin
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Crumbian: 8:19am On Feb 04, 2023
martineverest:
individuals like business owners,content creators ,streamers and netizens are also in the games as it favours dem more

Na that Equipment cost be wahala. Roughly 20k for truely unlimited data no bad.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Crumbian: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Aahhh
They deserve what's coming to them. angry

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Semaj77(m): 8:22am On Feb 04, 2023
BadRadio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UExVS9yrvkk

Lekki explorer has already done a review answering more pertinent questions and it even came out a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Ml7StKr_E
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by azpekuliar: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
600 dollars just to get internet , 20k per month to subcribe grin

Starlinks isn't the first broadband internet service provider in Nigeria. Like there are many and even with their cheap subcription, they still find it hard to get customers.

Btw, MTN will beat starlinks in terms of affordability, mobility, accessibility and sometimes speed.

Starlink on the other hand seems like a service targetted to commercial entities

Starlinks is the first with 100% broadband penetration. 100%! Can MTN beat Starlinks in coverage? Can it work in the remotest village in Nigeria like Starlinks? When MTN can work were bandits/bokoharam have control give me a call. There goes your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by statesman6: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2023
Nwadu:
Ladies and gents...

Gone are those days when medical science, pharmacy, law and accounting were the most successful and lucrative courses to study.

Gone are the days when literacy meant who can read or write.. now a literate person is he who is very inclined with technology.

In the nearest years the world won't be led by the rich and Mighty anymore but by technocrats and IT experts.

The words professor, doctor, esquire, his excellency will all be obsolete in a few years to come.

Do you know that customers can now produce their ATM cards without entering the banks? Do you know that in the nearest years banks won't exist in buildings again but just on the internet

Do you know that I can help you monitor your spouse's social media messages (Whatsapps, phonecalls and even Facebook) messages and get them delivered directly to your own phones

Good write up just to advertise monitoring spouse's social media messages.
Na mumu dey monitor spouse messages

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2023
Ikem11:

The service is from space bro. It covers every inch of the earth.

It's lunched in Nigeria so it works in all area of Nigerian border

Lmao, most broadband receive signals from satellite in space, even mtn has a low orbit satellite in space for the services they offer in Nigeria, dstv too.

So satellite internet and tv is nothing new. Starlinks just have a better marketing

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 04, 2023
azpekuliar:

Can MTN beat Starlinks in coverage? Can it work in the remotest village in Nigeria like Starlinks? There goes your answer.

Starlinks hasn't been tested in the remotest villages in Nigeria but Mtn works in some remote villages in Nigeria.

Starlinks just using marketing to deceive you.

Btw, how many villagers can afford starlinks but most villagers can afford mtn mobile internet data
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2023
martineverest:
u think so.....so many people pay more than 50k per month for data subscriptions compared to starlink 19k.

You look at how many people can easily afford the equipment cost, even subscription. Nigeria population is made up of mostly average people. Starlink is coming to take up his own little fraction which won't make any telecom company in Nigeria sneeze, worried or bothered, they have lots of other products in pipelines to replace their lost customers.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by azpekuliar: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Starlinks hasn't been tested in the remotest villages in Nigeria but Mtn works in some remote villages in Nigeria.

Starlinks just using marketing to deceive you.

Read my comment again. I was still eiditing it when you responded. People are using it already in remote locations in Niger state. Wake up and smell the coffee, it’s tech. This is not about laying fibre optic cables, running base stations with diesel and insha allah.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by martineverest(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Aahhh

I swear....and it's faster than MTN network
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by martineverest(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2023
GIANTPLUSHUB:

You look at how many people can easily afford the equipment cost, even subscription. Nigeria population is made up of mostly average people. Starlink is coming to take up his own little fraction which won't make any telecom company in Nigeria sneeze, worried or bothered, they have lots of other products in pipelines to replace their lost customers.
not a fraction bro....many individuals,businesses and companies will feast on it .. especially those that pay hundred s of thousands for data subscription...imagine paying btw 100-300k for data subscription only for a faster and unlimited internet cost less than 20k

Individuals like streamers,content creators, netizens will pounce on it

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2023
azpekuliar:

Read my comment again. I was still eiditing it when you responded. People are using it already in remote locations in Niger state. Wake up and smell the coffee, it’s tech. This is not about laying fibre optic cables, running base stations with diesel and insha allah.

You claim people are using it remote locations in Niger state with no proof.

Why are you acting like a village man.

Satellite internet is nothing new, eveen dstv is satellite tv and can offer internet if they want. Apparently in SA dstv offer satelite internet, one reason starlinks cant compete in the market.

Mtn will still beat starlinks in Nigeria in terms of affordability and mobility.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2023
martineverest:
not a fraction bro....many individuals,businesses and companies will feast on it .. especially those that pay hundred s of thousands for data subscription...imagine paying btw 100-300k for data subscription only for a faster and unlimited internet cost less than 20k

Individuals like streamers,content creators, netizens will pounce on it

Okay sir.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2023
martineverest:

Where do you get the info that so many people pay 50k per month for sub in Nigeria

What is the average salary in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nickisindigo(m): 8:52am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Where do you get the info that so many people pay 50k per month for sub in Nigeria

What is the average salary in Nigeria?

Lol or maybe so many people in tech
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by confluence: 8:56am On Feb 04, 2023
You guys don’t know anything yet, you think Lagos is the only part of Nigeria that all this useless provider stick to, there are hundreds of millions of Nigerians outside Lagos who needs the service, , go to reddit and go and see how starlink is even changing the landscape of broadband even in the US, it works even in every remote part of the world
GIANTPLUSHUB:

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by azpekuliar: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

You claim people are using it remote locations in Niger state with no proof.

Why are you acting like a village man.

Satellite internet is nothing new, eveen dstv is satellite tv and can offer internet if they want. Apparently in SA dstv offer satelite internet, one reason starlinks cant compete in the market.

Mtn will still beat starlinks in Nigeria in terms of affordability and mobility.

See proof oga from 50kbps to 160mbps

If they have the technology at all, why are they not first to market with the product in Nigeria?

The DSTV internet in SA is fixed wirelsss with a sim card and not unlimited, nothing like Satellite technology to deploy it.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by arantess: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2023
Nwadu:
Ladies and gents...

Hospitals will still be around
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Winnin009: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Starlinks isn't the first broadband internet service provider in Nigeria. Like there are many and even with their cheap subcription, they still find it hard to get customers.

Btw, MTN will beat starlinks in terms of affordability, mobility, accessibility and sometimes speed.

Starlink on the other hand seems like a service targetted to commercial entities

MTN will NEVER beat it in terms of speed. 😂

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by porthouse7(f): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Coolsperm:
Ok nice, but we Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools. Muric even told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed
nothing changes here again carry ur online campaign enter road to d north especially
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Iretii0511(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

It’s unlimited. Which means corporations, sme, and groups will easily leave mtn and move on to it as it’s cheaper for them. Leaving mtn with 1.5gb a month customers.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Winnin009: 9:18am On Feb 04, 2023
quolahpoh:

Is it unlimited or data cap?

Truly unlimited. Not those our fake unlimited that comes with data throttling after 500gig.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Winnin009: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2023
nedekid:

Unlimited. Original one I hear.
It seems to come with a router that can handle 180 systems too. Can't remember where I saw that.
If it were those days of cyber Cafe, it will have been a cleanout.
I think it makes a lot of sense for folks in remote areas, you own an rv, stay off grid, village house, INEC, etc. Places where there is no stable network.
Or if you can arrenge to use it for business, to sell bandwidth to your neighbors.
But the risk is that one yahoo boy can go and use your network to bomb. That one , no hiding, them know your address and GPS location streight. Lol

Every network provider has access to such information bro. That’s why you’re always encouraged to use a VPN. It’s not just for yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Neoteny7: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2023
siofra:
I love this man. Shining example of how a healthy Nigerian man should be. Handsome, intelligent and rich!! kiss

And you're a shining example of the typical unhealthy Nigerian girl: greedy, lazy, shallow, vacuous, worthless, dumb, parasitic, lecherous, and tepid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Winnin009: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Lmao, most broadband receive signals from satellite in space, even mtn has a low orbit satellite in space for the services they offer in Nigeria, dstv too.

So satellite internet and tv is nothing new. Starlinks just have a better marketing

Haba bro! I’m almost certain Mtn doesn’t have a satellite in space. I might be wrong but kindly furnish us with a link to educate ourselves.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Angrygoat: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2023
THat year wey i be dey use spectranet,10k monthly.i burnt the portable WiFi with the sim and got me mtn. I'm looking for unlimited. Money broadband dey try.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Syinix 55 Inch TVs Worth It? / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / Unboxing Photos Of The New Nokia 3310 (2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.