Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) (32460 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria / How The 108 MEGAPIXELS Camera Performs On The Oppo Reno3 Pro By Fisayo Fosudo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by ibawon(m): 6:25am On Feb 05, 2023
Binancian:
Ordered mine
Can't wait
I used pay. day dollar card
Time to bomb the crypto and indices markets on high speed
Did you pay the equivalent in Naira ($355) or had to pay $600? Thanks
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 05, 2023
ibawon:

Did you pay the equivalent in Naira ($355) or had to pay $600? Thanks

Paid with usd and blackmarketr rates

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by ibawon(m): 6:52am On Feb 05, 2023
uniquetechng:
Chelsea match alone took 3GB off my data yesterday, that's just for a single match.
I used average of 10GB daily on week days, especially when my kids tab is connected to watch video reals and comedy skits.
My smart TV also take significant amount of data daily, abi what is essence of buying a smart TV if you can't stream visuals ?
Boss we dey the same shoe.
Na 2 weeks data be this 120gb for 15k x2

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by uniquetechng: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2023
ibawon:

Boss we dey the same shoe.
Na 2 weeks data be this 120gb for 15k x2
Na to jejely buy this Starlink to save cost on the long run.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by ibawon(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2023
uniquetechng:
Na to jejely buy this Starlink to save cost on the long run.
I dey find Domicilary card, heard they charge the Naira value in dollars and the other way round
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by uniquetechng: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2023
ibawon:

I dey find Domicilary card, heard they charge the Naira value in dollars and the other way round
More payment options will be available in the next few months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Dybala11(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
bukas15:
you are arguing blindly oo. Fiber has much more bandwidth compared to satellite. Infact you can't even compare fiber and satellite. The gap is much
K
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Dybala11(m): 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
dustmalik:

You are aware that MTN has since deployed 5G, right? This is a speedtest I just carried out now
Read through this thread very well bro, a screenshot of somebody that was able to get an internet speed of 160Mb/sec with Starlink is here, freaking 160Mb/sec in Niger state. Let me know when you're able to get 100Mb/sec speed.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Dybala11(m): 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
Nwadu:

Exactly my point... Robots are already used for serious forensic analysis and biometric researches
How does this replace doctors bro?? For now, we don't have the technology to make our medical doctors jobless. They are still pretty much relevant.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Dybala11(m): 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

It is not a lie, i have used cable internet aka fibre to home internet, the one that comes with cable installations and i had speed of 100Mbps

On fiber one, you can get 500Mbp but it expensive
Ok then.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by dustmalik: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
Dybala11:

Read through this thread very well bro, a screenshot of somebody that was able to get an internet speed of 160Mb/sec with Starlink is here, freaking 160Mb/sec in Niger state. Let me know when you're able to get 100Mb/sec speed.
Take a second look at my comment you quoted, that's 519Mb/s.
Again, I will attach screenshots of speed I got here in Abuja on MTN 5G

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by dustmalik: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2023
This is another speedtest on MTN 5G I just carried out right inside my room now

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Nwadu: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
Dybala11:

How does this replace doctors bro?? For now, we don't have the technology to make our medical doctors jobless. They are still pretty much relevant.

For now...
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Dybala11(m): 8:17am On Feb 06, 2023
Nwadu:

For now...
Ok then. 🤝
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by purplekayc(m): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2023
dustmalik:
This is another speedtest on MTN 5G I just carried out right inside my room now

But it's capped
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by dustmalik: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2023
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by purplekayc(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2023
dustmalik:

If you had this kind of data, would you worry about caps?

Which service from mtn is this?
And what of coverage?
MTN 5G is not in every state.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by dustmalik: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2023
purplekayc:

Which service from mtn is this?
It's an internal data. Sorry, i can't really say more than that
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by lanre316: 8:27am On Feb 07, 2023
thebosstrevor1:
600 dollars just to get internet , 20k per month to subcribe grin

Starlinks isn't the first broadband internet service provider in Nigeria. Like there are many and even with their cheap subcription, they still find it hard to get customers.

Btw, MTN will beat starlinks in terms of affordability, mobility, accessibility and sometimes speed.

Starlink on the other hand seems like a service targetted to commercial entities

People miss the main point of starlinks. It's satellite Internet.

1. It works well in cities as well rural remote areas, even Sahara desert where MTN/ other telecoms cannot reach. It's strength is not dependent on proximity to big cities. It's like Thuraya of those days. Works anywhere on earth, land and ocean.

2. It's unlimited bandwidth. No cap. MTN can never do this. Infact, I see a business opportunity where one will buy subscription to starlinks and sub-let to others who will pay.

3. Like it or not, Elon Musk is a big brand. Many people will use starlinks because it was owned by the great Elon Musk.

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by rrexx: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Binancian:
Ordered mine Can't wait I used pay. day dollar card Time to bomb the crypto and indices markets on high speed
Please how do you trade E-mini futures in Nigeria.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by meobizy(f): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
I don’t need a blockheaded Yoruba boy to know whether I require a service or not. Elon took too long deliver. I’ve since moved on. I hope to see cinemas, shopping malls and similar public places implement the service for free WiFi.
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by gdsoomro: 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work guest post assume world
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by certifiedvik(m): 6:42am On Mar 02, 2023
Angrygoat:
THat year wey i be dey use spectranet,10k monthly.i burnt the portable WiFi with the sim and got me mtn. I'm looking for unlimited. Money broadband dey try.

Spectranet is currently unlimited and it's fast,, been using it since last year November
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Angrygoat: 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
Oga spectranet is not unlimited
No dey talk nonsense. Its from 40 gig,60gig,etc. I burn almost 8gig a day. Spectranet is capped and once u exceed its data cap speed drops yo almost 2g speed . Which is terrible
certifiedvik:

Spectranet is currently unlimited and it's fast,, been using it since last year November

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Alcatel17: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2023
certifiedvik:

HOW MUCH IS THIS SPECTRANET UNLIMITED DATA MONTHLY?
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by certifiedvik(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
Angrygoat:
Oga spectranet is not unlimited
No dey talk nonsense. Its from 40 gig,60gig,etc. I burn almost 8gig a day. Spectranet is capped and once u exceed its data cap speed drops yo almost 2g speed . Which is terrible
Chat me up,, I will teach you for free 07010503799
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by certifiedvik(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Alcatel17:

HOW MUCH IS THIS SPECTRANET UNLIMITED DATA MONTHLY?
It's currently at ₦400 for base data which. Last for 1 day
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Angrygoat: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
No need. You are already chatting with me. Teach me here
certifiedvik:

Chat me up,, I will teach you for free 07010503799
Re: Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) by Alcatel17: 2:51am On Mar 05, 2023
certifiedvik:
It's currently at ₦400 for base data which. Last for 1 day

Plz kindly explain wat u mean by base data?...so it is about #11200 per month right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Syinix 55 Inch TVs Worth It? / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / Unboxing Photos Of The New Nokia 3310 (2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.