Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN (34078 Views)

FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money / Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu / Buhari To Nigerians: Bear With Us, If We Have Not Done Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
Exclusive101:
Same enslavement Ekene dilichukwu GIG Peace Agufore Ifesinachi Okeson GUO Young Shall Grow etc keep loading refugees from Alaigbo to come n enjoy in Lagos.

We are decent people we pay for our transportation to lasgidi unlike you urchins that hung unto a moving truck conveying goats and chickens to Lagos without paying a dime....... Shame on you onyeiberibe
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How is Peter obi different from Tinubu or atiku? What makes you think peter obi is interested in the next generation?

How can a presidential candidate tell nigerians to bear suffering for cash in the midst of fuel scarcity? Is he sensitive to the rights of Nigerians?

How will cashless policy being implemented this way benefit us in the end?

How are bankers making it difficult for people to get new notes? Why do you need new notes? I thought you said cashless policy is the best?

Who created the scarcity of new notes?

Answer that yourself..........his anticidents speaks volumes for him even if you are deaf and blind......

He converted no single Anambra state property to himself

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Babathanks(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
drlateef:
Peter Obi, you are a wicked soul. You are selfish and stupid. People are suffering and you tell them to continue suffering because you expect to gain from the chaos. Omo ale, arije nnu ibaje.
Shebi some of una dy support Peter Obi for Yoruba land ,,,,. I just dy look una, trust this fake man at your own peril, ThankGod know be only me go suffer
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by drlateef: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
Babathanks:

Shebi some of una dy support Peter Obi for Yoruba land ,,,,. I just dy look una, trust this fake man at your own peril, ThankGod know be only me go suffer

God forbid evil!!! Me to support Peter Obi? Am i a bastard? No!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
CyberWolf:
No policy is 100% perfect so no matter how stupid you think the policy is, the most important thing is we have to start. Besides, the CBN policy is not bad, it’s only the dark soul of a typical black man, to sabotage every government policy for personal gains is affecting this policy. Why are the banks hoarding the new notes? I’m certain that with the currently task force going round bursting this dubious banks that are hoarding the notes, things will gradually normalize in the coming days.

The problem is that you are looking at it from a naive perspective. All country's currency should remains a legal tender, regardless of when it was issued.

CBN made a blunder of themselves with this useless policy. This policy would do no one good. Bandits even claimed to have more notes in their possession. Is that you guys don't understand what is going on or just plain daft? The policy wasn't even designed to promote anything.

Please let's rest. Good night
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by asanausana91: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2023
IgOga:
Cashless policy can be a force for good and evil.....on one hand it can make life easier where the people have access to excellent Internet connection and a proper device such as smart phone or body enabled chip........many biblical scholars and researchers have concluded that the only way the Antichrist can fully implement the mark of the beast is through digital or electronic money.....

How is Nigeria ripe for a full cashless society? Only an evil person or a deluded person who thinks social media is a representation of Nigeria will support this evil......there are several millions of Nigerians who have no bank account......many more millions without smart devices.....Internet connection is poor in many parts of Nigeria yet Obi and Atiku...the 2 PDP thieves are supporting hardship cos they think it will benefit them....

The United Kingdom, EU and many developed countries are not a fully cashless society and there is no nation that has experienced this chaos due to currency swap or change ....the US dollars changes regularly no problem.....naira has changed many times in the past no problem.....Emefiele, Atiku, Obi are enemies of the people......we all know that no presidential candidate will be affected by this lack of new naira note
then why are you crying? We want the policy. No bullion van will miss road again in 2023
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
Naijanascam:

Answer that yourself..........his anticidents speaks volumes for him even if you are deaf and blind......

He converted no single Anambra state property to himself

How does your screenshot and the above answer the following questions?

How is Peter obi different from Tinubu or atiku? What makes you think peter obi is interested in the next generation?

How can a presidential candidate tell nigerians to bear suffering for cash in the midst of fuel scarcity? Is he sensitive to the rights of Nigerians?

How are bankers making it difficult for people to get new notes? Why do you need new notes? I thought you said cashless policy is the best?

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by asanausana91: 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
Hopium:
Mumu don shoot himself for foot.

First, his reaction came way too late. Too late. The last of the top 4 to speak about the current economic hardship.

Pandora Anini should tell us forward thinking countries where the citizens suffer like Nigerians are suffering because their apex bank want to swap or redesign their currency. grin I don know say he's a sakamanje and a very selfish conman. I'm beginning to think Obingo is more selfish than mikano. This is the man promising to turn Nigeria to Dubai - someone who has spoken so much against the oppression, poverty, backwardness, corruption, etc affecting the country. Suddenly, the demonic economic swap is good because it's was designed to fight corrupt politicians. grin

This guys is too poor in tact and reasoning to be a politician in such a complex country like ours. Na just motivational speech - no wit! zero sagacity!

Buhari and the Presidency are already saving face with "CBN gave us false intel" "CBN told us there would be no problem" but the dull Pandora is telling people to be patient with the ill-thought policy. That's the presidency literally agreeing with what people have been saying that the policy is a flop grin The ode is literally saying everyone who opposed the swap policy are wrong and people deserve the unnecessary hardship. I see zero leadership quality in Obi; no wonder the Sultan of Sokoto gave him a book to read about leadership grin

The way I see it Pandora internationally kept quiet and was so happy that "Buhari was fighting Asiwaju with the redesign policy." The delusional man discovered late that he has been left behind when the presidency started piling blame on the CBN. He had no choice than to come out with that nonsense and watery reaction.

Again, ask Pandora to mention countries that are forward thinking that do currency resign like the CBN did.

People should leave social media and listen to local radio stations for a day to hear people complaining about the hardship they're experiencing because of the swap. There is no note for people to spend. Cash scarcity. The masses are forced out from engaging in the economy. Bad online banking experiences. But Pandora said this kind of things are common with countries doing currency resigns grin

It's no surprise though. Someone who threw Anambrans into poverty because he wants to save to invest in a family beer business will see no big deal about the current hardship. Masses wallowing in mediocrity is what gives him erection cheesy

I can feel your pain. The buhari I know will never revise that policy.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
asanausana91:
then why are you crying? We want the policy. No bullion van will miss road again in 2023

Who are the "we" that the policy? Why do you want the policy?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by asanausana91: 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
Opposition parties are the major beneficiaries of the current Naira chaos as they are set to benefit from the anger towards the ruling party. So, I’m not really surprised that Peter Obi choose political gains over the suffering of Nigerians. What exactly are the long term gain of the Naira redesign that will be lost if we don’t rush it with a deadline that’s a week to the presidential election?

It’s unfortunate that we now have politicians who choose politics over the overall good of the society. The chaos they are encouraging with the view to benefit from politically will end up consuming them all n the long run. If Buhari is sensible, the evil support opposition candidates are given the current sufferings should tell him that indeed something is wrong somewhere. It’s time to match the break now. Cancel the deadline and allow old and new notes to circulate together till June.
kill yourself. Bullion van will not miss road again.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
IgOga:
Cashless policy can be a force for good and evil.....on one hand it can make life easier where the people have access to excellent Internet connection and a proper device such as smart phone or body enabled chip........many biblical scholars and researchers have concluded that the only way the Antichrist can fully implement the mark of the beast is through digital or electronic money.....

How is Nigeria ripe for a full cashless society? Only an evil person or a deluded person who thinks social media is a representation of Nigeria will support this evil......there are several millions of Nigerians who have no bank account......many more millions without smart devices.....Internet connection is poor in many parts of Nigeria yet Obi and Atiku...the 2 PDP thieves are supporting hardship cos they think it will benefit them....

The United Kingdom, EU and many developed countries are not a fully cashless society and there is no nation that has experienced this chaos due to currency swap or change ....the US dollars changes regularly no problem.....naira has changed many times in the past no problem.....Emefiele, Atiku, Obi are enemies of the people......we all know that no presidential candidate will be affected by this lack of new naira note

If obi, atiku and emefiele are thieves and enemies of the people, what is Tinubu?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How does your screenshot and the above answer the following questions?

And how can a presidential candidate be lamenting as if they stole his wallet....... because means of Vote buying and hiring urchins for rallies are not realistic........ this picture speaks volumes if you have a sane mind
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by asanausana91: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Who are the "we" that the policy? Why do you want the policy?
the policy will make Evil people like Tinubu to cry.
Didn't you see our corrupt politicians running helter skelter?
God bless Buhari and Emefiele.
Hahahaaaa 😁

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Shikini: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yea
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by maasoap(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
Urchins are praising Tinubu for tantrums and outburst. Urchins should come and see a very presidential and patriotic statement on the issue. Unlike Tinubu who only cares about his desperate and selfish long term ambition, Obi cares about long term economic gains even beyond his own generation
Ever8090:
It's only Tinubu that is complaining because of his hidden agenda
hybrid77:
grin

Obi we trust
Ezeama400:
God bless Peter Obi

You guys are zombies, no one should be surprised. He is another Atiku, forth and back, speaking from both sides of the mouth.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Thebigheart: 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
What a way to calm the nerves of Nigeria.

Presidential tweet.

God bless you sir.

As for those that stashed our money in their home, they should return them back to our financial institutions.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by gabbytabby: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
Now I know the level of wickedness of PO and Atiku even I underestimated them. With all the suffering in the land they only see politics. May God punish them and their family for watching Nigerians go hungry.

Don't vote for this devil incarnates. People need to go to Emefiele House and camp.

Ha oma se.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Nothing is wrong with the policy.
because you are worse than a virus
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
asanausana91:
the policy will make Evil people like Tinubu to cry.
Didn't you see our corrupt politicians running helter skelter?
God bless Buhari and Emefiele.
Hahahaaaa 😁
confusion
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
Naijanascam:

And how can a presidential candidate be lamenting as if they stole his wallet....... because means of Vote buying and hiring urchins for rallies are not realistic........ this picture speaks volumes if you have a sane mind

if opposing you is madness,4ck sanity! how is anti cashless about tinubu
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by smasher1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
spits

No comments.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
if opposing you is madness,4ck sanity! how is anti cashless about tinubu

Meaning you are not following through his campaign speaches ..........

Stop being a bait for someone's survival
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
35824L:
IBO man always supporting wickedness in all their doings.
The wickedness wrought by your Sai Baba and his BAT party leader..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by MasterTeeUSA: 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
This is why it took him so long to issue a statement...he was always going to side with CBN Emefiele. Very predictable ...I am sure they finally told him he has to speak and crafted his statement. What a President in waiting indeed. Good luck Nigerians if he wins. We will remind you we told you so.

TRUMPwedsBUHARI:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1622123088828588033?t=lVF9Jn5bffMdSi9prwIzNA&s=19
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Minjim: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ever8090:
It's only Tinubu that is complaining because of his hidden agenda
if the naira scarcity was affecting Peter Obi's campaign tours or posed a threat to his 2023 presidential ambition, he won't be defending the CBN; Peter Obi should Man-up & speak the truth to power for once.we need c President with golf balls.
Nigerians are frustrated due to the scarcity but he's playing politics?
That's awfu!.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
Naijanascam:

Meaning you are not following through his campaign speaches ..........

Stop being a bait for someone's survival
he can survive without me but that doesn't make his speeches special.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Houstency(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
CheapHomes1:

If you trivialise this issue to Tinubu, you are wrong. This isn't about Tinubu or how he feels. This is about the rights of Nigerians that are being trampled upon. Many times, we refuse to band together and be united in our suffering to fight for our rights because of petty sentiments

You're a wise person. I completely agree with you, but not that political jobber on NL. They've supported every Draconian policies by PMB and their party APC for better part of 8yrs, but only found their voices because this particular doesn't favour their paymaster and drug kingpin candidate!
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
Minjim:

if the naira scarcity was affecting Peter Obi's campaign tours or posed a threat to his 2023 presidential ambition, he won't be defending the CBN; Peter Obi should Man-up & speak the truth to power for once.we need c President with golf balls.
Nigerians are frustrated due to the scarcity but he's playing politics?
That's awfu!.
it is also not helping his campaign,i do not believe in nigeria anymore
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by unmask: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
Naijanascam:
From a confirmed Stateman that thinks about the Next generation not a politician that always thinks about next Elections.......
Cashless policy will benefit us all in the end.. but many rogue bankers are the real saboteurs making it hard to people to get the new notes because of pure greed and wickedness.....
This isn't as straight forward as you think. This is already in the machine so it will be dispensed at some point. This looks like cash management
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by unmask: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2023
GBTYO:

Fool , just this month past , the bank has raked over 10k from me just by using their app to transfer funds for payments for virtually everything.

They want to be the unwanted middle men in every transaction .

Why can't you fools see that this only benefits the banks and no one else.
It benefits everyone. I am mainly cashless and some months I don't even make cash withdrawals
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Lincton: 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
It obvious that obituary featherweight contestant has nothing to contribute than to gain cheap sympathy of the masses.

Instead of speaking on the hardship of the policy on the masses, he believes that the errors in the ruling party will work in his advantage. That doesn't make you man enough.

Kudos to the Jagaban of the universe that despite being a party man, he condemned wrong policies.

Humanity before religion.
Tinubu on your mandate we stand.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by olibeans: 3:16am On Feb 06, 2023
Ignorant Obi.
Better shut up

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Criticizes Arthur Eze Over Obi Comments / Dino Melaye & Ben-Bruce Visit Rail Project In Abuja (Photos) / Wike Denies Moving Around With Soldiers To Intimidate Voters During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.