Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM (43032 Views)

Israel PM, Benjamin Netanyahu Visits Troops In Gaza Strip Amid War With Hamas / Putin Will Not Attend BRICS Summit - South Africa Govt / Israel's PM Concedes Defeat, Congratulates Netanyahu, Wishes Him Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by orisa37: 9:42am On Feb 06, 2023
PUTIN AND Xi JINPING ARE SIMPLY IRRESPONSIBLE HUMANS.
ONE IS PLUNDERING FOR LAND AND THE OTHER FOR LIFE. THEY ARE BOTH ATHEISTS. THEY SHOULD BE OPPOSED WHEREVER.

1 Like

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Dedeity: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2023
Dalil8:
Putin is kind hearted compared to the others.

Medvedev, Patrushev or Naryshkin would have burned Ukraine and it's NATO enablers to the ground.
Words of an Illiterate. In your small mind you think Russia alone can fight over 25 NATO member countries with their average economy ? You must be drunk

2 Likes

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by tonididdy(m): 10:40am On Feb 06, 2023
Lol I never understand Wetin I just read.
Is the Israeli PM mocking Zelenskyy 😁

….which one be I’m not afraid 😂😂😂😂
Zelenskyy Zelenskyy xelsrnsky

How many times I call you? Oya comout from your hole, Putin never get you time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by WaywardSon(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2023
God1000:
Putin tried to have him killed, he didn't just succeed, he even invited Chechen fighters and they made several unsuccessful assassination attempts

The order Putin gave his soldiers then was to either kill or capture president zelensky, but his evil plan was thwarted by Western intervention

Meanwhile Israel under Bennett refused to condemn the invasion despite millions of Jewish people living in Ukraine, Benny didn't send any single weapon to Ukraine despite several requests from Ukraine because he was afraid of putin

it is crystal clear that Israel doesn't want to provoke Russia and suffer the consequences in Syria

I still prefer a unipolar world led by USA, hate them all you want but USA is the only country that is strong enough and willing to fight for the liberty of every man and woman in every corner of the world.

US is the reason Ukraine is still fighting a superpower country for nearly a year now, US is the reason Putin will never expand his empire, US is the reason China won't dare make a move on Taiwan, US is the reason north Korea will never attack south Korea, what about Iran in the middle East.

Furthermore, US specifically warned Russia not to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine

I can go on and on, let's just give them the respect they deserve

Putin is a loser

You're not up to date hahahaha. West is scrambling to give away tanks. Ask yourself why? Ukraine isn't overcoming it's logistics problems just because uncle Sam is backing them. Russia is fully mobilized to end the Ukrainian State forever. If the comedian listened maybe they'll keep a few coastlines. Now only Odessa is what Ukraine is managing until it becomes a completely landlocked country
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by ZombieSlayer1: 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
franchasng:
Putin can't kill Zelensky.

There is no way he could do that because it will also expose his own life to danger if he dared it. Putin read the history of world war ii and knew the consequences.

US and NATO gave Putin a stern warning not to bomb Ukrain presidential villa and Putin worked with that cos he knows the consequences.

Forget gragra, Putin knows US alone will defeat them, highest he can do is to use nuclear warheads to maybe cause heavy losses on America but at the end, Putin will be killed inside Russia.

If US mean Putin he will be gone, they even put some fear in Putin by killing some of his associates which made Putin to start rotating his cooks and making it compulsory for every cook to taste his food before he eats。

US is too big for Russia talk more of NATO. US just don't want to confront Russia for the sake of global peace not that US can't defeat Russia.

US is the world power for a reason, all of Europe and Asia fear US for a reason, Russia fear US for a reason.

No dey talk rubbish. Which one be "US gave Putin a stern warning"? The way you guys hype US makes me laugh.

Now let me school you, the reason why Russia has been taking it easy of Ukraine is because they can't risk totally destabilising Ukraine to avoid causing a humanitarian crisis in the region.
A destroyed Ukraine is of zero value to Russia. Russia is interested in a few Ukrainian regions towards the East and not the whole Ukraine.

US destabilised Iraq, Afghanistan etc and are not concerned because it's unlikely to affect them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Otobong3374(m): 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
madridguy:
Putin my hero. The strongest man on earth.

God bless Russia, for cutting the western powers into sizes.

God Bless America for always care about themselves alone.

God bless Nigeria and perish all our enemies.
grin
madridguy:

God Would Not Bless U Because U Are A Nigerian Shithole. God Would Bless Me Because I'm An American & We Love Good Things
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Karnice600: 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Demolakay:

US is also d reason why Libya is now a vast wasteland.
US is d reason why Afghanistan is being run again by d Taliban.
US is d reason why Iraq is in ruins.
US is d reason why African countries refuses to condemn d Invasion of Ukraine.
US is d highest destabilizing factor in d world today.
US is d reason why Russia took Crimea,nd has nw taken one fifth of Ukraine.

Russia is d reason why US was unable to turn Syria into a wasteland.
Russia is d reason why US can no longer give orders for d world to obey.
Russia is d only country d US fears.

While China is afraid of going into Taiwan. Russia has gone to Georgia,Syria,Chenchen,Crimea nd nd heartland Ukraine.

If u think USA can tame Russia, den u bliv Buhari can turn around d fortunes of Nigeria in his remaining 3months

D big bear is nobody's mate.
Disuan don ment

1 Like

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Bentonite1: 12:00am On Feb 07, 2023
madridguy:

another senseless useless. tell me one means you can use to send money to Russia? lol Russia is now in stone age. thanks to Putin
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Bentonite1: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2023
Dalil8:
Putin is kind hearted compared to the others.

Medvedev, Patrushev or Naryshkin would have burned Ukraine and it's NATO enablers to the ground.

Another senseless being. I don't blame you. only f00lish person dares west. if Putin thinks he's strong enough, let him just escalate the war a bit let's see what he's got. op
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Bentonite1: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2023
Thanksful:
This got me laughing. After he was told Putin will not kill him, he went to his office and made a video that his not afraid. Wtf
another

propaganda
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 07, 2023
9gerian:
Zelenski probably expected worse but got emboldened after knowing he would not be killed.

Similarly, in diplomatic circles it would be inappropriate for Putin to say he intends to have Zelenski killed, even he meant to.

Maybe if Zelenski had been told otherwise, he would have considered and made more people focused decisions for the benefit of the Ukrainian people.

True.
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 07, 2023
FreddieGray:

Prominent Israeli Patron Of Ukraine Mocks Zelensky

On March 5, 2022, former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett visited Moscow, where he held a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to the Kremlin read-out of the meeting, the two leaders “discussed various aspects of the situation in Ukraine in the context of Russia’s special military operation to protect Donbass.”

Soon after the meeting, Bennett’s spokesperson told the press the Israeli prime minister made a phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Bennett traveled to Moscow at Zelensky's request to mediate a ceasefire between Russia, which initiated its special military operation on February 24, and the Ukrainian government. According to press reports at the time, Bennett coordinated his efforts with the United States, France, and Germany. Indeed, Bennet had spoken to French President Emmanuel Macron prior to leaving Israel for Moscow, and flew to Berlin after his meeting with Putin to discuss the issues with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Bennett’s diplomatic intervention came in the aftermath of two rounds of negotiation between Russia and Ukraine, one on February 28 and a second on March 3, in Gomel, Belarus.
According to Bennett, his diplomatic mission succeeded in getting Russia to drop its insistence on the “demilitarization” of the Ukrainian armed forces, while Zelensky pledged Ukraine would never join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
But recent disclosures by Bennett suggest there was another purpose to his Moscow visit—to secure a promise from Putin that Russia would not attempt to kill Zelensky.

“I asked, ‘what’s with this? Are you planning to kill Zelensky?''’ Bennett told the press during a recent interview. “He [Putin] said, ‘I won’t kill Zelensky.’ I then said to him, ‘I have to understand that you’re giving me your word that you won’t kill Zelensky.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to kill Zelensky,’” Bennett claims.

According to Bennett, he then called Zelensky. “‘Listen, I came out of a meeting,’” Bennett claims to have told the Ukrainian president. “‘He’s [Putin] not going to kill you.’ He [Zelensky] asks, ‘Are you sure?’ I said, '100% he won’t kill you.’”
According to Bennett, “Two hours later, Zelensky went to his office, and did a selfie in the office, [in which the Ukrainian president said,] ‘I’m not afraid’ and everything.”

Indeed, on March 5, Zelensky did in fact publish a video on his Instagram account. “I’m staying in Kiev…on Bankova Street,” Zelensky said, pointing his camera out the window to show the street across from the presidential palace. Zelensky then walked over to his desk to deliver an address in which he asserted that he was “not hiding, and…not afraid of anyone.”

The one problem with Bennet’s “recollection” is that it makes no sense. Ukraine and Russia were scheduled for a third round of negotiations, and by all accounts Russia was serious about bringing the conflict to an end. There was no indication that Russia was seeking to target Zelensky or any other Ukrainian leadership elements void of any deliberate provocation on the part of NATO or Ukraine.

There was no reason for Bennett to engage in such a conversation with Putin, and there is no reason Putin would need to entertain such a line of questioning.

True or not, the timing of this “revelation” could not come at a worse time for the Ukrainian president.

With his army being defeated in eastern Ukraine, his government collapsing under the weight of corruption scandals, and promises of military support evaporating from erstwhile NATO allies coming to the realization that they will have to deal with Russia when this war ends, the last thing Zelensky needs is a “recollection” by an Israeli politician that he feared for his life at the very moment that he - the Ukrainian president - was proclaiming his fearlessness before the Ukrainian nation and people.

Which, of course, is probably why Bennett chose this moment to release this information to the public. Israel is under tremendous pressure to begin supplying weapons to Ukraine. But Israel must also take care not to allow its relationship with Russia to sour, especially in the field of security (this is especially true given Russia’s existing military posture inside Syria.) Indications are that current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not yield to this pressure, at least for the moment.
Bennett’s revelations are designed to embarrass Zelensky, and perhaps encourage his political collapse.
Whether Israel acted on its own or, more likely, in close coordination with the US, Germany, and France to begin the process of facilitating Zelensky’s removal from power, it isn’t known. What is known is that Zelensky isn’t long for Bankova Street. And Bennett wants to make sure that is, indeed, the case

SOURCE

9gerian:
Zelenski probably expected worse but got emboldened after knowing he would not be killed. Similarly, in diplomatic circles it would be inappropriate for Putin to say he intends to have Zelenski killed, even he meant to. Maybe if Zelenski had been told otherwise, he would have considered and made more people focused decisions for the benefit of the Ukrainian people.
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Demolakay: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2023
Karnice600:

Disuan don ment

Pele! Mr mental.
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Offpointng: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2023
naijapikin2:
now on a serious note. Nigeria can stand well against a russian side that still uses old war weapons. Take away Russia's nukes and they are slightly above average. Don't forget nigeria has one of the best ground forces in the military. Na awa leaders dey fall awa hand.

Am telling you man

Yes you're correct on the best ground force but mordern warfare is not the regular deploying soldiers on foot to tackle and kill ur enemies but of Air power and Aerial surveillance which Nigeria got very little and thus, even without nuke they'll give Nigeria a bloody nose and ground the country in weeks

1 Like

Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by naijapikin2(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2023
Offpointng:

Yes you're correct on the best ground force but mordern warfare is not the regular deploying soldiers on foot to tackle and kill ur enemies but of Air power and Aerial surveillance which Nigeria got very little and thus, even without nuke they'll give Nigeria a bloody nose and ground the country in weeks
agreed.. you're right...
I rest my case
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
FreddieGray:
Prominent Israeli Patron Of Ukraine Mocks Zelensky's Playacting.

On March 5, 2022, former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett visited Moscow, where he held a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to the Kremlin read-out of the meeting, the two leaders “discussed various aspects of the situation in Ukraine in the context of Russia’s special military operation to protect Donbass.”

Soon after the meeting, Bennett’s spokesperson told the press the Israeli prime minister made a phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Bennett traveled to Moscow at Zelensky's request to mediate a ceasefire between Russia, which initiated its special military operation on February 24, and the Ukrainian government. According to press reports at the time, Bennett coordinated his efforts with the United States, France, and Germany. Indeed, Bennet had spoken to French President Emmanuel Macron prior to leaving Israel for Moscow, and flew to Berlin after his meeting with Putin to discuss the issues with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Bennett’s diplomatic intervention came in the aftermath of two rounds of negotiation between Russia and Ukraine, one on February 28 and a second on March 3, in Gomel, Belarus.
According to Bennett, his diplomatic mission succeeded in getting Russia to drop its insistence on the “demilitarization” of the Ukrainian armed forces, while Zelensky pledged Ukraine would never join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
But recent disclosures by Bennett suggest there was another purpose to his Moscow visit—to secure a promise from Putin that Russia would not attempt to kill Zelensky.

“I asked, ‘what’s with this? Are you planning to kill Zelensky?''’ Bennett told the press during a recent interview. “He [Putin] said, ‘I won’t kill Zelensky.’ I then said to him, ‘I have to understand that you’re giving me your word that you won’t kill Zelensky.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to kill Zelensky,’” Bennett claims.

According to Bennett, he then called Zelensky. “‘Listen, I came out of a meeting,’” Bennett claims to have told the Ukrainian president. “‘He’s [Putin] not going to kill you.’ He [Zelensky] asks, ‘Are you sure?’ I said, '100% he won’t kill you.’”
According to Bennett, “Two hours later, Zelensky went to his office, and did a selfie in the office, [in which the Ukrainian president said,] ‘I’m not afraid’ and everything.”

Indeed, on March 5, Zelensky did in fact publish a video on his Instagram account. “I’m staying in Kiev…on Bankova Street,” Zelensky said, pointing his camera out the window to show the street across from the presidential palace. Zelensky then walked over to his desk to deliver an address in which he asserted that he was “not hiding, and…not afraid of anyone.”

The one problem with Bennet’s “recollection” is that it makes no sense. Ukraine and Russia were scheduled for a third round of negotiations, and by all accounts Russia was serious about bringing the conflict to an end. There was no indication that Russia was seeking to target Zelensky or any other Ukrainian leadership elements void of any deliberate provocation on the part of NATO or Ukraine.

There was no reason for Bennett to engage in such a conversation with Putin, and there is no reason Putin would need to entertain such a line of questioning.

True or not, the timing of this “revelation” could not come at a worse time for the Ukrainian president.

With his army being defeated in eastern Ukraine, his government collapsing under the weight of corruption scandals, and promises of military support evaporating from erstwhile NATO allies coming to the realization that they will have to deal with Russia when this war ends, the last thing Zelensky needs is a “recollection” by an Israeli politician that he feared for his life at the very moment that he - the Ukrainian president - was proclaiming his fearlessness before the Ukrainian nation and people.

Which, of course, is probably why Bennett chose this moment to release this information to the public. Israel is under tremendous pressure to begin supplying weapons to Ukraine. But Israel must also take care not to allow its relationship with Russia to sour, especially in the field of security (this is especially true given Russia’s existing military posture inside Syria.) Indications are that current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not yield to this pressure, at least for the moment.
Bennett’s revelations are designed to embarrass Zelensky, and perhaps encourage his political collapse.
Whether Israel acted on its own or, more likely, in close coordination with the US, Germany, and France to begin the process of facilitating Zelensky’s removal from power, it isn’t known. What is known is that Zelensky isn’t long for Bankova Street. And Bennett wants to make sure that is, indeed, the case.
Moscow has neither confirmed nor denied a claim by Israel's former PM that Putin promised not to kill the Ukrainian leader

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has refused to confirm or deny an allegation that President Vladimir Putin promised not to assassinate his Ukrainian counterpart, Vladimir Zelensky. Peskov said Moscow did not wish to reveal details concerning sensitive conversations with foreign leaders.

SOURCE

Mods, I hope this gets your attention.
nlfpmod, Skydancer, Erad, Cao, Mkmyers45, Dragnet, Twinstaiye, Mikuz, Nex, Osystein, mynd44, Tjskii, Olawalebabs, seun, Obinoscopy, mukina2, Lawyer, FarmTech, Briareos, Obinnau, Divepen1, RoyalRoy, Pavore9, Prof800, CrazyMan, FOD, Ben13, Dani1luv, Sissie, Uboma, Rocktation, Richiez, farano, Justwise, oam4j, Honsule, lalasticlala, Airmark, Odumchi, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, DisGuy, Bigfrancis21, Davide470, 1forall, R231 and dominique.

9gerian:
Zelenski probably expected worse but got emboldened after knowing he would not be killed. Similarly, in diplomatic circles it would be inappropriate for Putin to say he intends to have Zelenski killed, even he meant to. Maybe if Zelenski had been told otherwise, he would have considered and made more people focused decisions for the benefit of the Ukrainian people.
Re: I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM by darediamond(m): 8:20am On Feb 12, 2023
Omoawoke:

That’s no question about it. That’s why US is the world power whether u like it or not. They are king in military power, economy and are more influential and there’s nothing you can do about it
The Real World Power Is Russia The Librator Of The Oppressed. Stop believing in lies.
Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpq2FA8Vr6o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Equatorial-Guinea’s President Nguema Appoints His Son As Vice President / Washington Under Lockdown Ahead Of Trump's Presidential Inauguration (Photos) / Photos From The Scene Of Attack Outside UK Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.