Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis (856 Views)

Angeline Francis Gives Up Billions Inheritance To Marry Her Nigerian Lover / Longer Sex Are The Most Boring-blessing Okoro / Men Who Pay For Sex Are Foolish!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Nigeria2day(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2023
The leader of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis said that any laws criminalising same-sex “are a sin and an injustice because God loves and accompanies people with same-sex attraction”.

Francis, who made his remarks in response to a reporter’s question aboard the plane returning from a two-country trip to Africa, received the full backing for his comments from two other Christian leaders on the plane with him.

“The criminalisation of homosexuality is a problem that cannot be ignored,” said Francis, who then cited unnamed statistics according to which 50 countries criminalise LGBT people “in one way or another” and about 10 others have laws including the death penalty for them.

Read more>>> https://nigeriatodaynews.com/laws-criminalising-same-sex-are-a-sin-pope-francis/

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by ChatterHouse: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2023
Gay pope

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2023
I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by viyon02: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2023
Religion: mankind number one enemy, once you miss the right religion you are doomed.

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Zaksart: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigeria2day:
The leader of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis said that any laws criminalising same-sex “are a sin and an injustice because God loves and accompanies people with same-sex attraction”.

Francis, who made his remarks in response to a reporter’s question aboard the plane returning from a two-country trip to Africa, received the full backing for his comments from two other Christian leaders on the plane with him.

“The criminalisation of homosexuality is a problem that cannot be ignored,” said Francis, who then cited unnamed statistics according to which 50 countries criminalise LGBT people “in one way or another” and about 10 others have laws including the death penalty for them.

Read more>>> https://nigeriatodaynews.com/laws-criminalising-same-sex-are-a-sin-pope-francis/

Are people still worshipping in catholic... Where the Jesus many Catholics pagan worship is white and the one the pope pagan worship is black... What an Irony.

I thought my catholic friend once told me that catholic doesn't accept gayism I guess I am right after all... Same people that told us the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and where they knew that Sodom is the highest sin to God.

The pope should tell us where God loves sodomy.... Stop serving Jesus, Mary and pastors and pope foolish people will not hear... Only God has the power to judge all mankind on the end times. Everyone will stand before God ... So don't let any fool in human skin deceive you.

God is one and he hates sodomy
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Solocoin: 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
End time Pope and soon his ignorant followers will start defending him as their personal lord and savior.
This is the scripture stands on this matter.

Romans 1:20-28 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Likes

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
I pity people who still can't thimk for themselves. This Gay loving pope will be the one to put the final nail on the casket of roman Catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
This pope is a stupid man. An unbeliever reading this nonsense frm him can eternally give up on christianity.

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Zee454: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
Religion, the opium of the people, has always been driven by fear and deceit. Anything can be, or not be a sin; depending on what selfish interest religious leaders want to push at the time.

Only a confused soul lives his life based on the dictates of some charlatan or book.

2 Likes

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by TAYO124: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2023
Zaksart:

Are people still worshipping in catholic... Where the Jesus many Catholics pagan worship is white and the one the pope pagan worship is black... What an Irony.

I thought my catholic friend once told me that catholic doesn't accept gayism I guess I am right after all... Same people that told us the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and where they knew that Sodom is the highest sin to God.

The pope should tell us where God loves sodomy.... Stop serving Jesus, Mary and pastors and pope foolish people will not hear... Only God has the power to judge all mankind on the end times. Everyone will stand before God ... So don't let any fool in human skin deceive you.

God is one and he hates sodomy

One step to a deep slide to hell and societal destruction. Let the man go on to condemn all 10 commandments.

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by VinnyBaba: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2023
Gayism in itself is a SIN!

But Ostracization, Persecution and Killing of Gays is NOT of the Bible! sad embarassed

If Jesus Christ was Alive, he wouldn't have done that.
So Pope Francis is Technically Right! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by benqo01(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2023
VinnyBaba:

But Ostracization, Persecution and Killing of Gays is NOT of the Bible! sad embarassed

U ND THE POPE ARE TECHNICALLY STUPID

1 Like

Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by VinnyBaba: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2023
benqo01:

U ND THE POPE ARE TECHNICALLY STUPID

Adultery is a Big SIN in the Bible!
And in African Traditional, it's an Abomination for a Married woman to have sex with another Man.

But when it Happened in the Bible,
Did Jesus Christ condemn, advocate Imprisonment or Death on the Woman.

Dat's the example the Pope is Following! smiley

Or YOU WANT TO INSULT JESUS CHRIST too?🤔
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by benqo01(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
VinnyBaba:

And in African Traditional, it's an Abomination for a Married woman to have sex with another Man.

STOP SAYING WHAT YOU DONT KNOW,CAN YOU MARRY ANOTHER MAN?
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Fearjah: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
VinnyBaba:

This is how you and your evil religious Leaders deceive people who are not well rooted in the Scriptures.

Did God ask the christian church to embrace and support homosexual? No

Rather the command from the scriptures is that they should be excumunicated due to lack of repentance on their part.

1 Corinthians 5:11

[/b]But now I have written unto you not to be mixing yourselves up,—If anyone named a brother Be a fornicator or covetous or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner With such a one as this not so much as to be eating together

1 Corinthians 5:13
13Whereas them who are without God judgeth? Remove ye the wicked man from among yourselves.[b]
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by VinnyBaba: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
Fearjah:

This is how you and your evil religious Leaders deceive people who are not well rooted in the Scriptures.

Did God ask the christian church to embrace and support homosexual? No

Rather the command from the scriptures is that they should be excumunicated due to lack of repentance on their part.

1 Corinthians 5:11

[/b]But now I have written unto you not to be mixing yourselves up,—If anyone named a brother Be a fornicator or covetous or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner With such a one as this not so much as to be eating together

1 Corinthians 5:13
13Whereas them who are without God judgeth? Remove ye the wicked man from among yourselves.[b]

See how you Try to twist/Misinterpret the Bible to suit ur Prejudices. sad

Meaning Church Members committing Fornication, Drunkenness, Covetousness and idolatry Should be EXCOMMUNICATED, too?

Brotherly, God is not a God of DISCRIMINATION and OSTRACIZATION!.

Even Jesus Christ did NOT discriminate against Sinners and Societal Misfits!
He Mingled with them and Tried to bring them to Salvation! smiley
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by Fearjah: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
VinnyBaba:

See how you Try to twist/Misinterpret the Bible to suit ur Prejudices. sad
[/b]
Meaning Church Members committing Fornication, Drunkenness, Covetousness and idolatry Should be EXCOMMUNICATED, too? [b]

Brotherly, God is not a God of DISCRIMINATION and OSTRACIZATION!.

Even Jesus Christ did NOT discriminate against Sinners and Societal Misfits!
He Mingled with them and Tried to bring them to Salvation! smiley

You ask the bolded because they refuse to tell you the truth from scripture. They think christianity is a social club or a night party.

[/b]Do you know what happened to the first person and the second person that felt the church is a place where delinquents gather? They were carried out of the church in body bags, DEAD. Acts 5: 1-11[b]

Excommunication is a merciful act due to the blood of christ, given way for church members who practice evil deeds to repent. Normally they are as good as dead.

Example of Excommunication 1 corinthians 5
[/b]
is actually reported that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not even among the Gentiles, that one of you hath his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and did not rather mourn, that he that had done this deed might be taken away from among you.[b]

2) Why Jesus go to meet sinners is that he may teach them the truth, so that they may abandon their evil ways. Example: Zacchaeus, Luke19: 7,8.

But if they continue in evil, he has no business with them rather he will flog them out of the house of God.

[/b]So after making a whip of ropes, he drove all those with the sheep and cattle out of the temple, and he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. John 2:15[b]
Re: Laws Criminalising Same-sex Are A Sin – Pope Francis by PPIA: 7:28am On Feb 08, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Well said.

As long as gay people don’t cross their bounds with me I don’t have a problem. It’s their life.

But make them no carry am near me.

It is a sin before God but man but it should not be criminalized

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Telling His Family Everything Happing In Our Marriage. I Need Help / Thanks / Is This True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.