Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86093 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Teleprompter(f): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2023
Some comments are from childish people that can’t see what your mom saw.
I’ve travelled abroad a number of times and I’m fairly exposed on freedom of expression.
This lady in the picture is not the wife for you as an only son of a single mother...
I’m a woman in mid forties with foreign orientation but my knowledge of sociology knows that a girl who dresses like this publicly, not at the beach, about to wed the son of a conservative woman doesn’t upload such pictures to her status. She is more worldly than you think or know. If you are so sure then set her a trap.
This woman might be wife material for a man who understands the world but not for the strict Christians. Beyoncé may be wife material to JayZ but not for Bryan Adams.
Also, be careful not to let your mom control you more than necessary but she is right on this...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ayusman16(m): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"
What about the ones that dress "churchy" and covered up but can really give you hell

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
chccho:
Then just insult him back simple..
I did just that.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by nedekid: 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
ZooOga:

That poster may be correct. Years ago a very popular 9ja singer was dating a very popular 9ja actress but his mom allegedly told him to not bring her into their family because of her loose reputation. He agreed with her wishes. He married anoda lady and is living a happy life today while the actress is an unmarried aging spinster with issues in her life. Of course I can't say any names on rumors and hearsay but I believe the gist.
Kokomaster and Jennygrin
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by nedekid: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
brosdoncome:
Op, e be like say you no know say you babe sef fit don born keep somewhere with that kind belle. Shine your eyes.
Lol..
Me sef think am but no gree write am for my post.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GloriousGbola: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
qtguru:

Bro even men wear shorts cuz it's comfy, but maybe you should free the babe, and let your mom pick for you.

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EmmanuelCena(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

Baba ....
This is trash talk.

If she knew so well, her own husband will not have left her.

His mother should come and state the reasons she has to oppose the marriage.

If she has no tangible reason asides this very flimsy and ridiculous reason, then she should rest.

The best his mom could have done was ask him to caution her on how she dresses outside.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EmmanuelCena(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
BrickDevo:
Your girl hot oh, people will think she is into hookup, well if she continues to dress like this after marriage problem go dey oh

I find this extremely ridiculous.

She is hot yes.

But you saying she looks like hookup lady?
You dey whine me ni?

Someone who wore clothes covering her boobs.
So because she wore shorts, she be like hookup lady?

Takes i dey see online always dey funny me sha.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Uptheante(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear! Yeye boyfriend!!

You need to grow up, you're not a man. Why would you allow your mother dictate for you? .undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

As usual, a slut like you will support her kind.
You are encouraging the guy not to listen to the wise counsel of his mum so that he'll be seen as a man.
Meanwhile, his mum has wisdom & experience & she has seen what the guy has not seen that's why she's advising him for his best interest.
You support him not to listen to his mother's wisdom because u are LovePeddler.
One day your son will never listen to your advice against taking such a bad decision that will ruin his life
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BrickDevo: 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
EmmanuelCena:

I find this extremely ridiculous.

She is hot yes.

But you saying she looks like hookup lady?
You dey whine me ni?

Someone who wore clothes covering her boobs.
So because she wore shorts, she be like hookup lady?

Takes i dey see online always dey funny me sha.
you don see hook up girls before?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EmmanuelCena(m): 4:59am On Feb 10, 2023
BrickDevo:
you don see hook up girls before?

Yes i have.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by placeofallure(f): 5:25am On Feb 10, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Like a big sister to her kid brother, the lady in that picture is not decent. To be convenient wearing that bum short around, beats me! The world is changing and times are changing along with it..... The world may be changing but virtues remain. Don't be carried away with that sentence, virtues will always remain. A wise man will always choose virtues over vices. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by xfactordv: 5:57am On Feb 10, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.

From the Reply he gave you... I think the guy has already made his choice.....
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:22am On Feb 10, 2023
Ok ur mum raised u alone right? Deep down can u say she raised u well that is she imbibed good qualities in you,has she given u advice in the past that turned out good when u followed it before,if YES then listen to her counsel she is not wrong this time around.Believe it or not u re a mummy's boy and am sure this is not the first time she is making a decision for , ur mum will always have a say in your life even when u re married.if u marry this lady the lady self will not be 100% happy in her marriage Cox she will be having clashes with u as regard to ur mum and as a mommy's boy that ur are u will most times take side with ur mum.Boss be careful oh na marriage be this not girlfriend,I wish u luck in any decision u take

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by VictorGeneral4(m): 11:24am On Feb 10, 2023
DrOBD:

I bought ankle chain for my wife.

I even encouraged her to dress like that.

Nigerians and hypocrisy. My dear, if you love her, marry her. Your mom has lived her life, and you have to live yours.

I dislike parents who wants to live and make decisions for their children.
just dey play...
We the online marriage counselors are waiting for your case
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by VictorGeneral4(m): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Obey your mother so that your days will be long ... U sef reason this picture nah
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by meobizy(f): 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
All these nine year old Nairalanders concocting stories. Mscheew.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by imagrg(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2023
Her picture tells a lot about her.

To me, she looks like a runz girl. I would not allow my only son to marry a lady that's not a virgin.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by mctech(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Teleprompter:
I’m a woman in mid forties with foreign orientation.....

placeofallure post=120778642:

Like a big sister to her kid brother, the lady in that picture is not decent.
She is more worldly than you think or know. If you are so sure then set her a trap.
I quoted two women above. OP you were still following your mum to Sunday school when the girl has been on the street.

She is far more worldly wise than you.

People who have street experience saw through her and warned you.

I returned here to ensure that you don't bring sorrow to yourself and your mum.

If you are still in doubt, there are guys here who can have into her WhatsApp and social media accounts.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Oddfinder012: 9:12am On Feb 18, 2023
Kholiwe:

If by Africans you mean foolish, senseless, hypocritical, dull and backwards like you then yes.
So covering ur private parts in public is now backwardness. Who is raising these girls

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
Qtrpst4:
The mum doesn't want his son to marry that kind of next generation. My wife and daughters won't be that kind of next generation and your daughter should never come close to my sons as we will ridicule them. We don't want that kind of useless next generation of foolishness
My sons and daughters will never get close to your sons and daughters because your sons and daughters would definitely be significantly less valuable to them as they would share same stupidity as you do.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Qtrpst4: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
We don't eat from the dustbin
Cashio:

My sons and daughters will never get close to your sons and daughters because your sons and daughters would definitely be significantly less valuable to them as they would share same stupidity as you do.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2023
Qtrpst4:
We don't eat from the dustbin
Neither do we. So run along.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Qtrpst4: 10:42am On Feb 19, 2023
Is it not obvious that you do?

In all your life make sure nothing brings you in my part. You are free to raise your children for prostitution, dont bring it close
Cashio:
Neither do we. So run along.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 10:55am On Feb 19, 2023
Qtrpst4:
Is it not obvious that you do?

In all your life make sure nothing brings you in my part. You are free to raise your children for prostitution, dont bring it close
I already told you man, your children's value would be inconsequential. Bleep off.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Qtrpst4: 10:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Cashio:
I already told you man, your children's value would be inconsequential. Bleep off.

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by XAUBulls: 3:35am On May 05, 2023
Zikonna:

The girl ain't bad and she isn't wearing bum shorts.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Coleman7(m): 3:44am On May 05, 2023
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.

Hey Dude, long time I missed your topics about terrestrial life's etc. Would love to connect with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.