Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86003 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by atdscentofwater: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
u known better
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by dazzlingd(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
your mum doesn't want you to enjoy those sweet water melons
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SmartPolician: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

You shouldn't have brought this here.

Nairaland is a platform full of frustrated people

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by vickydevoka(m): 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Your dad had problem with your mumu simple. You can’t take away a woman’s child
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by wiseone28: 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Don't let your mum dictate for you
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BOYS2MEN: 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
I wan know the economic value of these news...shey na here ur family members dey?
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BrickDevo: 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your girl hot oh, people will think she is into hookup, well if she continues to dress like this after marriage problem go dey oh

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
So I'm guessing your mum expects her to put on those SU gown in public. undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Antiochus(m): 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
blahc007:

You never see anything ....na u carry your matter come Nairaland where werey full everywhere....

Na u dey mind him. E never see shege yet. That one na introduction grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
budaatum:
Your mum is sure going to try everything to prove herself right that "this sort of dressing is from the devil", so marrying her will be you choosing between mum and "girl that wears bum shorts in public".

Problem with only male child and only mother is child becomes substitute husband, and him marrying is like husband taking on a second wife. Sometimes, the wives become friends, but often, first wife makes life hell for second wife which is "serious circumstances" for husband.

You are about to share the "important person in my life and I love and respect", or at least divide it between first and second wife. Are you mature enough for this, is a question you need ask.

If you have truly found the "woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with", and if you and "girl that wears bum shorts in public" are mature enough, you'd table this with her and plan a course of future action on how to deal with your mother together, though I do not advise it if you or "fiance" lack the maturity as it might have the opposite effect of fiance disliking your mother who will do everything to be disliked since religious mum can't like devil. If not, I suggest you remain married to your first wife until she finds you a second wife she likes.

That said, do consider cutting the umbilical cord and grow balls!

Exactly!

Many Nigerian mothers with only son usually have problems with their intending daughters-in-laws.

I've seen a lot of examples, before I come to this conclusion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Chemlite: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Though her face isn't showing, but her body structure seems mature and that implies you are older.

You know what to do as an adult!

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by frugal(m): 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

LOL cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Exceed15: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
U will begin to understand why they separated. I fear for your marriage.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Fmghewzy(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
wiseone28:
Don't let your mum detect for you

Hahaaa wetin be this 😂😂

Wiseone28 .
Na bullet be this naa.
Dictate*

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Munamoqel: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

smart Nigeria mum!don't get carried. away you mum saw a coded run girl .women can spot from a far who is she displaying Lap for ? Costomer .

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by lereinter(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

You have been hypnotised

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.
Gbamm ! cool

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by happney65: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Bring your girl boobs here,let me suck it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by chudez0147(m): 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

My kind of girl . Chubby
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
You no tell your woman to cover up?? And why you show am this kind picture? Bros you no try.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Love800(m): 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Op pls grow up

Are u still a child?

What is wrong there?

Make she tie wrapper?

Someone is looking sexy for u nd u talking abt my mum dis my mum dat

I repeat make she tie wrapper commot?

So wat is wrong with dat dressing now?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
OP, you better wise up.

Even @ 40 years, your mother will never find a girl worthy of you.

All these possessive love from Nigerian mothers sef.

It's usually common among Nigerian women with no husbands or whose husbands are separated from them.

11 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by sylve11: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

grin grin cool
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by CrownLands(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Listen to your Mum! If you truly love your girl, just find a conducive and appropriate time to speak to you Mum on her positives.

Otherwise, if you force your choice on her. You may not fully enjoy your marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by edungene7: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mum is over protective she feels yr girl might be into public service but u are the one to convince her that the world is about going naked as the latest trend in fashion and yr girl is only trying to catch up gud luck man

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna, does she wear this only when you go out together? If not, hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mother is simply not so civilized. And if anyone on this forum is calling that picture bad, then the person too is uncivilized. I personally bought those bum shorts for my woman, with waist beads, eye lashes and nails. These things make me see her as beautiful and she is the most sensible woman I have ever come across. One who doesn't put herself first unlike others I've met.
My mum or anyone can never detect for me the woman to marry because I am the one to live with that decision for the rest of my life and not anyone else.
As for the story of your father and mother, like someone already said, women will always paint the father as evil in cases of breakup even if they might be the bad ones in the story. A typical case is one am a witness to. You need to let go of any grudges and be at peace with your dad since he is no longer alive to tell his own side of the story.
Finally, you sound so soft as would someone who was trained by a woman. Every home needs a father figure and you should be one for your family.
It is never good to have any part missing in a home. Women bring the meekness while men bring the authority......I wish you the best in your choice, but let that choice not depend on what your mum thinks.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by gasparpisciotta: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
To be honest, it takes a lady who doesn’t really care to wear an outfit like this in public

18 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by FireUpNow(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Greatness09:
kiss

Wetin concern ndi IMO state and the post

Unknown Gunmen
The energy that imo women use in commiting furnication and aduktry alone can power 6 states in Nigeria
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Shadysen: 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
if that babe makes you happy and have good character, guy, go on with your weddy.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by DrOBD(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Let me take a wild guess...i hope she doesnt use ankle chain too? Cos the two are like 5 and 6 with babes these days

A girl that wear something close to pant in public place can be a "fantastic wife" ....but ur mama understands a thing or two about risk assessment...

I bought ankle chain for my wife.

I even encouraged her to dress like that.

Nigerians and hypocrisy. My dear, if you love her, marry her. Your mom has lived her life, and you have to live yours.

I dislike parents who wants to live and make decisions for their children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by integrity16(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
How can a girl wear something like this in public comfortably. Your mom is right.

That's the motherly instincts at play. If she is really special to you like you claim she is, then you will harken to her voice. I know some would advice you against it but I tell you, even the lady has to avoid you since your mom does not like her.

My 2cent.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Collapses And Dies After Seeing Sex Tape Of His Wife With Another Man / The Response A Married Man Gave A Side-chick After She Claimed She Was Pregnant / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.