Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? (31178 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Tsufyaan: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.

Nawa went me dey look for person wey go help me eat my food for here. Just try to see if he's not using you aside that nothing do una and with time you guys will make it together.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by RZArecta(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

I Was Thinking The Same just that at Time If I Cook before I Come Back From Work He Will wicked My Food because He Has My Key
change your locks. There's no polite way to this thing but I perfectly understand. You just might need a woman to move in and tell him iyawo needs privacy if he insists on visiting carelessly. No be curse but from childhood, we were taught not to over visit people to avoid becoming a nuisance, try hooking him up with gigs or jobs also. Trust me, I know just how you feel
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by UnfairLife7(m): 9:59am On Feb 10, 2023
RPG2020:
Hustle ooh hustle ooh hustle ooh

Imagine your friend bring your matter to market place just because of food

Know this and have peace an intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend
hmmmm

It is well
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Mina79(f): 9:59am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.
Ensure he's not taking advantage of you, otherwise always eat before comes, stop buying food stuff in the house or better still start eating outside for sometime, if his intention of coming is food he will stop coming.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.
Stop buying food stuff in the house or ensure you eat before he comes or start eating out for sometime and he will stop coming.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by InvertedHammer: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
Nigerians and their pako English. Shior!

From your headline down to your post is giving me headache already.

Well, Mmay God Hhelp you struggling men oo!

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship(.) dDon't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.

/

If only you know how many American and British citizens fail English 101 or equivalent in universities.
Na written communication. Everyone understands his points except you. Maybe you are the problem. cool

/
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by kitken: 10:02am On Feb 10, 2023
Do the best u can do.
Remember, love ur neighbor as u love ur self.
The Almighty sees ur heart.
... u have a good heart.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Rubbiish(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2023
Killbillz:

Some friends aren't friends
Any friend always taking from u can never make a good friend. A good friend will always try to create that balance. Him fit carry woman, but i am sure he has never sacrifice up to 5k for u. Read my quote below before I saw urs.
Rubbiish:

Do not inconvenience yourself to please any friend o. If u have, u can give, but if u don't have, do not stress yourself. Do u know the funny thing about this, once this ur friend start making it, he will not even remember ur good deeds towards him or help u. He will only help his wife & kids. Help friends only when it is convenient! You can go out of your way to help family members, but not friends, do not stress yourself to help friends, It is not worth it.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Coolbadguy: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Well, May God Help you struggling men oo!

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.

Borrow some sense since you don't have any.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FashionCookie(f): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2023
LordviccoDaGuru:

Exactly 💯
Like I stay in the same city with my kid sister. I went to her house just once ast year. She complain tire...person wey don marry, wetin I wan come do there? smiley
I'm too busy with work and always tired when I close for me to start going up and down in the name of visitation. Me that don't even have a normal weekend again. I'll now use my Sunday for rest to go to people's houses. undecided No b me...
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by HONNESSTY(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2023
One of the greatest mistake u can ever make in life is to tell a friend to stop visiting based on what u just typed. We know how unfriendly the economy of the country is at the moment, it will be unwise to tell him directly to stop coming rather use wisdom in managing your food for only ya stomach. Never tell a friend to stop visiting u, if u ask me I go tell u say e get y
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by romunu(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2023
Stop waiting for him at home, any time he wants to visit, tell him to meet you at a joint, tell him how hard you can feed these days, then he will understand, that times are reallly hard.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Dshocker(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

What you should know is that, no condition is permanent and the same guy can blow within a twinkling of an eye.

So advise you don't allow food or assistant destroy your friendship with him.

Now here is the deal breaker; When ever he comes, also lament and complain how things are bad and terrible for you financially.

Do not offer or give him food/money, with time he would limit his visit, because he knows it won't be fruitful.

Why am saying this is, because you might need his help tomorrow.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FashionCookie(f): 10:09am On Feb 10, 2023
benzics:

As in eh!

@OP I was in a similar situation like you.

I’m in UNI, and although my parents stay here, I rented my own apartment that is very close to school.

To cut the long story short, I’ve been accommodating this friend for over a year now, feeding and everything has been on me, I didn’t complain when things were going smooth, but we all know the condition in this country.

I just told him point blank, that I’m not comfortable having him around all the time, I’m also a struggling student, don’t add your struggles to my own.

He pleaded with me to stay during the exams, that he’ll leave after. I say no wahala, after exams finished, he was still hanging around, it pissed me off till I asked him “Them dy pursue you for your house? Why you just come dy inconvenience me for here” (His family’s house is also close to school).

Since I told him that, I haven’t seen him in my house and I’ve been happy. Learn to tell people bluntly when they are inconveniencing you.
One of my acquaintance was complaining I don't go out or visit people. I asked her to her face if she was sharing money in her house? Dey your dey make I dey my dey...wetin hard there? If it's not business or money, my hand no dey. Like I don't even think I miss out on anything if I don't go out.
I enjoy it more when I'm indoor...except evening outings. Just imagine "waka-ing" up and down in this hot Nigerian weather that can twist someone's brain. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Ubanz: 10:10am On Feb 10, 2023
Anytime he comes you lock up.
If he ask of food Tell am stories too.
U too can be broke.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by afrika4real(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

ask to visit him as well.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by IBBG(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2023
Just ask him to bring money so that you can add yours to cook. Since he is always eating at your place. And the means to constantly cater to such need from your end limited. Any reasonable friend would oblige.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.
Your second paragraph is pako English too.
You should have simply said “the body and headline of your post give me headache.”
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by DeHumbleTboy: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

Change your key to jam lock wen u de inside nobody go know
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2023
Please stop coming to my house for now, there are issues I need to resolve.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FireUpNow(m): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Life hard we know. Use wisdom but don't forget tomorrow because the table can turn the other way. I am just saying though
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

He no get work?
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Country hard bro....

Say you're helping a brother man today doesn't mean table won't and can't turn around tomorrow......So chill and always be kind to a fellow brother man who's down,and if he needs help,try uplift am so that him wahala of coming to your house frequently go stop....

Las las,I dey come across such people on a daily basis.... People wey broke and when dem explain their condition to me,I dey always dey help in the little way I fit, because I know say country hard...
I never tell a brother not to come to my house even when I know he is using my head. I believe I keep getting richer by being kind. Food is nothing. Learn to share. It’s painful but the force of nature will always come handy when you need it most. There’s seed time and harvest time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Musisco01(m): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Your quotation shows your fragile mentality of slavery. Is English our mother tongue in this country? So why shame someone for errors in his vocabulary of English. If not for they colonized us in west Africa and all, coupled with the bad governance we are experiencing, who are the westerners to begin with?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

I Was Thinking The Same just that at Time If I Cook before I Come Back From Work He Will wicked My Food because He Has My Key

You gave him your key? Oga ooh
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Bigman247(m): 10:26am On Feb 10, 2023
If the tables turned and you were the one going to his house, will he stop you from visiting?
If you have food, give him to eat and if not let him know your situation. But do not stop him from visiting, you might need his help in future.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2023
samwash:

Few years from now, when you look back, all you that will be left in your mouth is to say thank God for helping me save a soul.
Na them be this. Gaslighting association of Nigeria.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2023
NaijaOlosho:
Always remember there is a pat back time for all good dids and kindness.

Also remember no condition is permanent.
Situations can turn around for that Nigga tomorrow and he might be your saviour

So if you are in position to help in your little way always do.

Don't mind some foolish NLders here 80% of people that knows me take from me but I notice something, I never lack anything with a little effort. To me giving is an investment.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2023
Killbillz:

Best answer.. I have some one around me like that. A self centred ingrate. By nature I'm a giver as I love to help out when I can but u see this guy, he always complains of being broke and not having anything but when he has u never see him. I never show when I'm going through tough times cos I always believe I will eventually scale through but one time I reached out for help and he ignored me only for me to track him to his place to find out he's in money. Even in that he still complained, explaining to me how he spent so and so for this and that. Omor I just respect myself and it was the first and the last I ever asked him. I tried cutting him of but I no get that heart for niggaz in the struggle.

This guy will even come to my place with his babe enter my kitchen eat as they like drink if there's anything in the fridge and I just freestyle even after his fūckup. But when he has u never see him. I only hear about it from others. Everyone has cut him off completely but me. Two weeks ago he messed up and disrespected me so I cut him off again. Then I saw him and his girl I think on Sunday evening cos we stay close. Imagine the babe telling me they were coming to borrow money from me lol and I was about using the ATM to buy card oo as my bank apps no work.

So next day he came, ransacked my kitchen, no yawah. Yesterday again he came I just told him point blank no level oo. He insisted on noodles to make some with eggs. Again I told him that I have nothing and what he sees I'm managing for myself. This guy no even spend 30 seconds again. Gave one excuse of going to do wtv somewhere. I felt bad though but I hate ungrateful people who think they're using u. Some friends aren't friends
Pesin dey use you and u no know. Well it's the kind of friends you keep around you though. Never had anyone come to my house and start behaving like he owns the place. I'll send you out immediately.
Dey try toughen up bro. No dey let people take advantage of you
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Allisgud: 10:38am On Feb 10, 2023
Medianna:
First of all you need to understand his intentions,
Is he genuinely in need of a friend or is he trying to take advantage of you kindness.
When you answer that question within yourself then you will know what to do.
To me if he genuinely needs you, don't hesitate to help out. Its not forever.
what do u expect the friend to reply at this point in time of Nigeria 🤪🤪🤣
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:
Change your location or travel 4 sometime.
Some people don't just know when to stop.
Those of you that your house doesn't contain you, how una dey do am? I can stay on my own for months and I won't even bother or think of going to people's home in the name of visitation. Just give me light, phone and TV sub...wetin concern me outside?
True af. That's why whenever I decide to visit anyone, they're eager to see me. I have close peeps in this city that i haven't seen since November and we still communicate everytime. Make yourself less available and people will value and respect you more

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FashionCookie(f): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2023
PotatoSalad:

True af. That's why whenever I decide to visit anyone, they're eager to see me. I have close peeps in this city that i haven't seen since November and we still communicate everytime. Make yourself less available and people will value and respect you more
Way to go bros! As Warri people will always say...
"Long time no see better pass you've come again." grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Allisgud: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

The Truth Is That Anytime he borrow Me Money We must Still Spend It Together Again because At Time I Use The Borrow I borrowed From Him to Buy Food stuff and If i Cook The Food we Will Still Finish It Together
that one good na,it simple means he is contributing for food, always borrow from him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage / My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.