Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? (31187 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by correctguy101(m): 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

Dont make Me To Laugh Abeg, i Should Buy Dog For What Again?

No mind am o jare.

Person dey complain say things hard, Mr Advisor dey ask am to go buy dog. How will he care for the dog when he himself never chop bellefull.

Las Las, the dog and that your friend will become friends and double the burden on you. I just dey pity the OP with most of the advice I dey see on here.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by DjRickyNG: 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
Nigerians and their pako English. Shior!

From your headline down to your post is giving me headache already.

Well, May God Help you struggling men oo!

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.

Always swaying with non-witty comments.
Ur spiteful temerity & presumptuous haste to hate,plunder & annihilate every men will damnify you!

Just a warning.
I won't waste my time talking to you a second time!
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by correctguy101(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
CosmicJames:

Thank God you have to give.
Pray to have more so you can continue to give.

Know that it is possible that it would have been the other way round.

According to your usename, endure. This time will pass and you will be fine.

Fact of life..

There be friends of mine whom I fed and housed far back 2012-2015. Not like I had too much but I just accommodated them cos the streets were really tough during those years for them. Sometimes this daddy fit no get cash but we will still use the little on me to drink monkey tail end borrow food stuff from a neighbor of mine. Those days were crazy and fun filled, aswear.

But their story today is different
One of this my mumu guys no dey let me rest if I visit or he visits, na to use drink and food punish me. There are two of them like that wey dey give me cash just for the fun of it. Them no dey ever agree for me to spend money when they're with me.

When I look back, na just to SMH and laff at life.
Some people have made people wicked though but just be happy you can help someone, and be done with it.

Life's crazy James, this I know...
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KeyEndurance: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
dettolgel:

Start visiting him everyday and also demand for food. Do it for 3 straight weeks do not miss a day.

From work, from church or from mosque or when you just wake up on your free day head straight to his house even fall asleep for him chair if he wakes you up tell him good night you are going home to sleep that way he won't follow you.

Trust me he will start dodging you and you will get your freedom.
Your Comment Gave me joy
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by OvertheTop(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

The Truth Is That Anytime he borrow Me Money We must Still Spend It Together Again because At Time I Use The Borrow I borrowed From Him to Buy Food stuff and If i Cook The Food we Will Still Finish It Together

in that Case,
You guys should start contributing 50:50 to the food Money, preparation, and Eating.

so you can save some money.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Abrahamweb(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.
See this mumu o, wetin concern "someone's daughter" for wetin Op talk now
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KeyEndurance: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=wehdone post=120783324]I don't know if you will see yhis reply, but I hope you do.

You said he comes to eat daily in your house? Reduce how often you cook. Let's say you normally cook what you will eat for 2-3 days... Try to cook noodles that will only last a meal. Don't cook stew, rice, soup, etc... Just a daily food portion at a time.

If he asks what's up that there's no food, tell him that things are a bit rough for you right now. Give him #150 to buy his owm noodles to cook.

Tomorrow, eat out before returning home. You could buy noodles to be cooked late in the night (when he has gone back to his place). By the time you do this for like a week, he will reduce the way he comes to your house (if he is a fake friend or if he just wants to leach on you).

Thirdly, you should also go to his house (before he comes to yours, behave the exact same way he behaves in your house. Listen to what he says, watch his body language, see what he does, etc... And act accordingly.
Thank You so Much
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KeyEndurance: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

If only you know how many American and British citizens fail English 101 or equivalent in universities.
Na written communication. Everyone understands his points except you. Maybe you are the problem. cool

/
My God Bless You For Me
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KeyEndurance: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Allisgud:
that one good na,it simple means he is contributing for food, always borrow from him
but am paying back
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KeyEndurance: 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jamahyel:
does he ask of the money back?
Yes Ofcourse
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Emmychem(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bro, discuss it with ur galfrnd.... Tell her to change her attitude whenever she's around... Believe me the guy won't be coming again.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Autobot05: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
akpunda86:

Feeding a dog no easy bros,if u get dog ,u guys become 3 and if the dog chases him away,still back to square one .the dog becomes that Ur friend u wan pursue.speak up dat all it solves Ur problem.

I saw where u said he has Ur key,gud call him you lost Ur key if he can be kind enuff to give u his,after that ,once Ur indoors he knocks ignore him,post him anytime he calls,gradually he will adapt.
Cheers

You go let the dog bite am just once ... he won't come again cheesy
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by millionboi2: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
dawnomike:
Start by stop offering him food...
very simple oo, better than stoping him from coming

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by kevinexit(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Did the guy mention relationship 🤔? Ashawo kobo kobo .. what do you even have to offer seff with ur smelling pu..ss.y
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by millionboi2: 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:
Change your location or travel 4 sometime.
Some people don't just know when to stop.
Those of you that your house doesn't contain you, how una dey do am? I can stay on my own for months and I won't even bother or think of going to people's home in the name of visitation. Just give me light, phone and TV sub...wetin concern me outside?
same with me

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Pesin dey use you and u no know. Well it's the kind of friends you keep around you though. Never had anyone come to my house and start behaving like he owns the place. I'll send you out immediately.
Dey try toughen up bro. No dey let people take advantage of you

True... Its not like people take advantage of me. I love giving people very long rope to fvck themselves up with so when I decide no one, not even himself will blame me cos him go know say na him side the fvckup dey. As him done prove say him nor go change na to turn back on am finally

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by millionboi2: 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tsufyaan:

Nawa went me dey look for person wey go help me eat my food for here. Just try to see if he's not using you aside that nothing do una and with time you guys will make it together.
like seriously

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by millionboi2: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:

One of my acquaintance was complaining I don't go out or visit people. I asked her to her face if she was sharing money in her house? Dey your dey make I dey my dey...wetin hard there? If it's not business or money, my hand no dey. Like I don't even think I miss out on anything if I don't go out.
I enjoy it more when I'm indoor...except evening outings. Just imagine "waka-ing" up and down in this hot Nigerian weather that can twist someone's brain. grin
lol in d name of friendship.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by olusegxz: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
You have more likes than the post itself
mariobalotelli09:
Tell him to borrow you some money, that it's very urgent and u wouldn't mind a transfer. Try to touch his pocket if possible! He will never visit you again!!!
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FashionCookie(f): 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
grin
millionboi2:
lol in d name of friendship.
I no dey too do friendship o. Apart from my sisters...I'm very ok alone.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by millionboi2: 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:
grin
I no dey too do friendship o. Apart from my sisters...I'm very ok alone.
they are just few of us in this world

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Poleski: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
- Stop offering food.
- Stop making yourself available all the time.
- Tell him things are tough for you too.

Problem solved!
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Allisgud: 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

but am paying back
pay him back and ask for contribution for food by telling him u don't have any food stuff at home him go ja
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by FashionCookie(f): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
millionboi2:
they are just few of us in this world
Friends? Like I don't even envy people with friends. I'm not bragging, I do more in friendship so what's the need? Make I kuku dey on my own make I know say na only me dey. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by KomonSense: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Na olosho pikin dey know olosho

Birds of a feather flocks together 😂

God have mercy on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage / I Made My Ex-girlfriend(who Is Now A Single Mother) A Deal, Would You Take It ? / Roles In The 'nigerian' Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.