Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? (31104 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by easzypeaszy(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
Nigerians and their pako English. Shior!

From your headline down to your post is giving me headache already.

Well, May God Help you struggling men oo!

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.
-10+(-10)=
U wey no get sense..
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Lanretoye(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

The Truth Is That Anytime he borrow Me Money We must Still Spend It Together Again because At Time I Use The Borrow I borrowed From Him to Buy Food stuff and If i Cook The Food we Will Still Finish It Together
this one caught me.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Didi2d(m): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2023
I suggest you don't tell not to come to your house again.
Just tell him you're not at home whenever he comes
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by peacettw: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
DWJOBScom:
I have come to realise that there's no polite way of saying things anymore.
Just say it the way it is
Oga or madam stop I think you should stop coming to my house for now
I appreciate your understanding. I don't have an explanation, and you will respect my decision.

Simple
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by osaweseforme(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
Well said. Help if you can, not necessarily to your own disadvantages
NaijaOlosho:
Always remember there is a pat back time for all good dids and kindness.

Also remember no condition is permanent.
Situations can turn around for that Nigga tomorrow and he might be your saviour

So if you are in position to help in your little way always do.

Don't mind some foolish NLders here
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by olaadenigeria(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

The Truth Is That Anytime he borrow Me Money We must Still Spend It Together Again because At Time I Use The Borrow I borrowed From Him to Buy Food stuff and If i Cook The Food we Will Still Finish It Together
Then when next borrowing money from him don't use it for food, instead keep borrowing and eat outside but buy gari and sugar at home Incase you can't endure till he go home.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Karleb(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.

Teach him the hard lesson that you can't always get what you want in life.

When next he comes, tell him there's nothing on ground.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by BigDawsNet: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.

Two Option

Body language
Face him one on one

Whenever his coming... if he usually calls... tell him you are going out immediately... if he shows without calling... 10min after his arrival... tell him you are going out.... He will understand the language

Fae him one on one... it's not easy but.. he will stop showing and even may stop talking to you..

Third Option
You can finally help by Buying food stuff like 20k... and take it to his house...

When he receive it... he wouldn't want to visit u and demand for food again...
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Kobicove(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

You too should look for a way to start downloading your problems on him, he will get the message and stop coming

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Goztino(m): 9:27am On Feb 10, 2023
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by na2016: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

Just tell him that your ground isn't level and that you won't mind if he reduces his visit. Guy maybe exploitative knowing you will always help.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by gassbee: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

I Was Thinking The Same just that at Time If I Cook before I Come Back From Work He Will wicked My Food because He Has My Key
how can he have ur key when he is not ur girlfreind abi am i missing something here
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by juman(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Tell him your financial situation.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by benzics(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:
Change your location or travel 4 sometime.
Some people don't just know when to stop.
Those of you that your house doesn't contain you, how una dey do am? I can stay on my own for months and I won't even bother or think of going to people's home in the name of visitation. Just give me light, phone and TV sub...wetin concern me outside?
As in eh!

@OP I was in a similar situation like you.

I’m in UNI, and although my parents stay here, I rented my own apartment that is very close to school.

To cut the long story short, I’ve been accommodating this friend for over a year now, feeding and everything has been on me, I didn’t complain when things were going smooth, but we all know the condition in this country.

I just told him point blank, that I’m not comfortable having him around all the time, I’m also a struggling student, don’t add your struggles to my own.

He pleaded with me to stay during the exams, that he’ll leave after. I say no wahala, after exams finished, he was still hanging around, it pissed me off till I asked him “Them dy pursue you for your house? Why you just come dy inconvenience me for here” (His family’s house is also close to school).

Since I told him that, I haven’t seen him in my house and I’ve been happy. Learn to tell people bluntly when they are inconveniencing you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Watinhapen(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2023
This kind of person’s, I don’t call these friends, I call them opportunist. They’re all for what they can get from you and nothing else. He’s coming to your house everyday because of food and nothing else.
The next time he comes to your house, complain to him that you’re very broke, even to eat has become a problem to you. Tell him to pls borrow you 5k so that you can buy something to eat. His response will show you the kind of person he is. Be wise when following this kind of people unless they will start seeing you as mugu.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Dedonrukky: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2023
If you can't tell him to stop coming then you must act. Know the time he use to come. Eat your food before that time and empty the point. Sleep at that time he is coming so that when he comes he find you sleep.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Ikemba007: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2023
Just tell him the truth, politely.
Nothing more.

KeyEndurance:

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2023
Make him bored... U are entertaining him too much... When he begins to find u and ur house boring he will stop coming.

Stop cooking... Eat outside for now... If u have a video game hide it and pretend u've sold it... Turn off you light and pretend NEPA disconnect ur light
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Shadysen: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2023
anyhow you take talk am, him no go still take am funny.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

You don't need to tell him anything. Next time he visits you, stop offering him food or drinks. If he asks for food or drinks, tell him you were even hoping to ask him as well, that you're not that buoyant at the moment.

Also, make sure that if he keeps coming, you tell him you're on your way out. By the time you try both twice or thrice, he will reduce the frequency at which he comes and eventually stop coming.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Dedonrukky: 9:31am On Feb 10, 2023
Dedonrukky:
If you can't tell him to stop coming then you must act. Know the time he use to come. Eat your food before that time and empty the point. Sleep at that time he is coming so that when he comes he find you sleep.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:31am On Feb 10, 2023
FashionCookie:
Change your location or travel 4 sometime.
Some people don't just know when to stop.
Those of you that your house doesn't contain you, how una dey do am? I can stay on my own for months and I won't even bother or think of going to people's home in the name of visitation. Just give me light, phone and TV sub...wetin concern me outside?

Exactly 💯

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nostring: 9:31am On Feb 10, 2023
It can be annoying tho especially when u urself dey manage.. but still always help out whenever u can.... It's not even about any tomorrow or table turning, it's just d right thing lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by dettolgel: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

Start visiting him everyday and also demand for food. Do it for 3 straight weeks do not miss a day.

From work, from church or from mosque or when you just wake up on your free day head straight to his house even fall asleep for him chair if he wakes you up tell him good night you are going home to sleep that way he won't follow you.

Trust me he will start dodging you and you will get your freedom.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Tboymessiah(m): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
Nonywendy:
if you can't tell him to stop coming to ur house then you are not ready. Stop complaining or there is something you are not telling us, this one he has your house key

Person wey dey whine u!!!!

Two brotherhood cultist, in which, one of them don't know how to avoid the other niggur for the sake of brotherly oath.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Zeezenho: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

And Do You Think Is Easy To Say This To your Friend

If you really consider him a friend keep the friendship burning nature have a way of making it work.

You may think you are helping him while reverse may be the case.frendship is deep food is superficia.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by RPG2020(m): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
Hustle ooh hustle ooh hustle ooh

Imagine your friend bring your matter to market place just because of food

Know this and have peace an intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by drololaaof: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
JASONjnr:

This won't stop....

Op,

The best way is to try and understand why your friend chose you and what's making him not to work hard to fend for himself....

If he's lazy, shut him down,

if he's making efforts and waiting on the right time, support him...

We all need each other...
Thank you he may need you today , you dont know what tomorrow hold for you and him .
I hope he is not the lazy type. ?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by ViceGovernor: 9:33am On Feb 10, 2023
mariobalotelli09:
Tell him to borrow you some money, that it's very urgent and u wouldn't mind a transfer. Try to touch his pocket if possible! He will never visit you again!!!
Chai see vawulence 😁
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by elsiusgr8t(m): 9:33am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

I Was Thinking The Same just that at Time If I Cook before I Come Back From Work He Will wicked My Food because He Has My Key

Start by getting back your key,

You can do this by telling him you lost your key.

With this you can control his frequent coming.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Medianna(f): 9:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Killbillz:

Best answer.. I have some one around me like that. A self centred ingrate. By nature I'm a giver as I love to help out when I can but u see this guy, he always complains of being broke and not having anything but when he has u never see him. I never show when I'm going through tough times cos I always believe I will eventually scale through but one time I reached out for help and he ignored me only for me to track him to his place to find out he's in money. Even in that he still complained, explaining to me how he spent so and so for this and that. Omor I just respect myself and it was the first and the last I ever asked him. I tried cutting him of but I no get that heart for niggaz in the struggle.

This guy will even come to my place with his babe enter my kitchen eat as they like drink if there's anything in the fridge and I just freestyle even after his fūckup. But when he has u never see him. I only hear about it from others. Everyone has cut him off completely but me. Two weeks ago he messed up and disrespected me so I cut him off again. Then I saw him and his girl I think on Sunday evening cos we stay close. Imagine the babe telling me they were coming to borrow money from me lol and I was about using the ATM to buy card oo as my bank apps no work.

So next day he came, ransacked my kitchen, no yawah. Yesterday again he came I just told him point blank no level oo. He insisted on noodles to make some with eggs. Again I told him that I have nothing and what he sees I'm managing for myself. This guy no even spend 30 seconds again. Gave one excuse of going to do wtv somewhere. I felt bad though but I hate ungrateful people who think they're using u. Some friends aren't friends
I commend your patience.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Funkeymaster(m): 9:34am On Feb 10, 2023
If you stop giving him those things you normally give him, bet me he will reduce or stop coming, try it and thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.