Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,043 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51342 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jozibrainz99:
God is truly God....

Is mercies on human is overwhelming...

The rate at which people catch cruise with God's name these days ehn...
People no longer have fear of God in them but when things go wrong, They will start calling on him.

God is really wonderful

Or maybe because he never really exists like u think?

He was a consuming fire when there were no records, no phones to capture events.

But all of a sudden, in d 21st century, he's so reserved. in fact, 100% reserved and that doesn't ring a bell to ur african brain?

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by cashprecilia(f): 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
religion people how market? grin
everything na scam.
modern religion na scam
they lied to us about God.
they lied about everything.
they changed all thier books.
they changed the message.

but no be their fault
na me wey I believe them, I was stupid, if my brain dey work perfectly I sopos know say I cannot live my life based on past laws, past people's laws when I know that I can think better than them. I know better than most people in 3000BC, 2000 AD 350AD, or 1438. I have access to better information about my exixtence and reasoning. My grandfather did not know what is internet of galazy cluster or speed of light or even Google. why should I folow his writen manual on how to live my life at my own present age

If I have to believe or follow any system, religion or laws, it should be from the future not past.

is there anything bigger than God?
there is something bigger than God!
and that is Nothing
yes Nothhing
thats what i am worshiping
Nothing
to worship Nothing you dont have to do anything
just live your life as you want
but try to do good thing because of the universal law of karma will always get you, you can't escape it.
what ever you believe will be true to you. choose what you believe.

real God will not ask anything from you
God does not need your worship
God does not need your sacrifise
God does not need your prayers

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Haines: 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
TenQ:

Islam is a stupid scam perpetuated by Arabs to the gullibles!

If the above is not true, then answer these questions

Is it True Dhulkhanein found the sun setting in the murky waters?

Is it true that a man's Semen come from his backbone and that the women's reproductive fluids come from her rib cage?

Is it true Allah says a Muslim can marry and divorce a female who has not yet menstruated?

Can you see how gullible the believers of these garbage are?

Why cant you try and read the Qur'an by yourself and make your own decision rather than follow those who are astray and led other people astray
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TheStarsAlign: 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
They used to say He is the God that changeth not but as he de go e be like say Him go come be the changing God o!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 11, 2023
JoeEeL:

Or maybe because he never really exists like u think?

He was a consuming fire when there were no records, no phones to capture events.

But all of a sudden, in d 21st century, he's so reserved. in fact, 100% reserved and that doesn't ring a bell to ur african brain?

Who is this one with a roasted brain?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ekevwe(m): 12:14am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Also read: The Gay Agenda Blueprint: A Plan To Transform America

Na them tell you about Satan and God..wetin them talk we go follow till our eyes is clear

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Lacash: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:

Correct. But fact is there is no where the bible refer to God as a she.
Abi ooo Baba, in short I taya for these set of confuse pipu🤓
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by babyoy(f): 12:56am On Feb 11, 2023
The church should study the bible well."He created man in his own image".

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MrColdsweat: 12:58am On Feb 11, 2023
kernniejay:

They are never homosexuals. They only exhibit behaviors similar to homosexual.
Stop arguing.
Bonobos are naturally bisexual.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Ubanz: 1:03am On Feb 11, 2023
Confused generation.
You all need ' Universal Mental Liberty '
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by OctGsam: 1:22am On Feb 11, 2023
The standard of God cannot be changed. It remains forever

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 2:29am On Feb 11, 2023
Hahahaha 😜😜😜😜😜

I’m not the Bishop of Canterbury for crying out loud. Take your problem to him not me!

TenQ:

Dear TenQ the soon-to-graduate Disciple of the Schizophrenic, Stealing, Adulterous, Wife-Stealing LIAR and self proclaimed yhwh

I'm sure you didn't know that Jesus said:
By their fruit they are known!

They actually resemble more your yhwh than any other person fit only for judgement in the lake of fire!

Thanks for the information!

So one comment can trigger you like this. We are seeing a repeat of what was two thousand years ago - an “imperfect book” forged to turn into a propaganda machine.

Lol, what’s your opinion. Would you prefer shim or himshe or they? 😆
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by BnQoyyim(m): 2:48am On Feb 11, 2023
leetylee:

As the argument states “it wasn’t necessary since it wasn’t written by minor or major prophets and it’s one of the numerous books written by church elites to promote the good faith of Christianity

So the Septugianist are wronged by introduced those books that are faith and morally inclined?

1-Tobit
2-Judith
3-Wisdom (also called the Wisdom of Solomon)
4-Sirach (also called Ecclesiasticus)
5-Baruch
6-1 Maccabees
7-2 Maccabees
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Deepfeel(m): 3:39am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:

Honestly, only ignorance can make u say that. Dont allow 666 to catch you by suprise. The bible predicted it long time ago.
You say this cause you were born and raised to think this way , that doesn't mean what you were taught is true
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by smart177: 4:06am On Feb 11, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.
I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.
God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.
Then why did jesus refer to Him as OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN. matthew 6:9.?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by KnownUnknown: 4:06am On Feb 11, 2023
The mourners wailing louder than the bereaved. grin
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by faceland: 4:09am On Feb 11, 2023
For about this social club called Anglican Church.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Donkmore: 4:46am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:

Their ancestors that brought us christianity cannot do this abomination.
Same ancestors that wrote RSV bible and used the preface to warn you about the King James version?

Just get a RSV bible to see for yourself.

Mind you RSV is the bible approved by the ministry of education for school.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by leofab(f): 5:31am On Feb 11, 2023
PlanktonX:
So those homosexual pastors, now believe that Jesus Christ is wrong when he said my Father in heaven.

Doesn't that ring a bell that the Father is a He being and Spirit.

This demon called satan had already instituted his agents in many churches and topest positions in govt's.

Same reason we are dying to find just a single saint to represent us in govt. Do you think Nigeria politicians are wicked? NO they are not. They are doing the biddings of their master.
Even if they want to be good, they can't. Else they pay for it.

So, let us ask God the father, for His choice of candidate.
you are rejecting the message just your ancestors rejected the message of Christianity but look at you now ; soon your predecessors will do same..
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by phemmyfour: 5:44am On Feb 11, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

And no problem addressing Country/ Continents as HER
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by EagleNest(m): 6:17am On Feb 11, 2023
Must you bend and bend to accommodate everyone's interests and fantasies in the name of inclusion. I think God's standard doesn't change, you can only accept it or reject it.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Kelvin3476: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2023
DonroxyII:
It doesn't mean unliving... Bible is full of Idiomatic Expressions thus "in our own image" Might not interpreted as the Physical Image of God but "Characterisations" .....

Human Image is full of Imperfections and You wouldn't want to attached Imperfections to God !

God is Perfect ... we are Imperfect ...!
SO U ARE TELLING ME THAT MAKING UR OWN IMAGE CAN ALSO MEAN "MAKING AN IMAGE OF A MONKEY WITH UR CHARACTERIZATION" ?

IMAGE OF ANYTHING MEANS SIMILAR IN LOOK EVEN WHEN THE CHARACTER DIFFERS.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:

That would be a terrible mistake bc satan will take over your kids. Train up a child in the way he shud go... Prov. 22:6
Yea...ever wondered who took over you
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Morphinne: 6:53am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Also read: The Gay Agenda Blueprint: A Plan To Transform America
Sadly, about 99.9% of the people here failed to understand the content of this news and that’s very noticeable going by the comments I’m seeing here. The writeup isn’t about lgbt 🏳️‍🌈 but rather about reverence to God Almighty. They are trying to tell you that God’s gender is not defined and that it’s wrong to automatically assume that He is a HE. Even common sense is against this claim_like how do you assign a particular gender to the one who created gender itself? This is akin to saying that Jesus is a Christian grin
They are basically trying to correct this erroneous claim that have lived for several centuries, God is neither ‘he’ nor ‘she’, the concept of gender classification only came into existence after this Supernatural Being created the first humans. Even angels are not created in defined genders. Hope you understand now sir?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Morphinne: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

Na only you read to understand, others obviously missed the gist.grin
I’m still surprised as to why folks here thought this was about lgbt🏳️‍🌈 grin
And of course, they are right. They are basically saying that it’s wrong to assign a certain gender to the supernatural One who created genders.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by hezekiah84(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2023
England should stop that nonsense before the wrath of God descends on them
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Lol... These are the workings of the English royals who have been controlling C of E since the time of Henry VIII. If u think this is a true church then I'm afraid ur head is way up ur arse. There's still more to come from them. The king is very ready grin
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by SirJerrie(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Morphinne:

Sadly, about 99.9% of the people here failed to understand the content of this news and that’s very noticeable going by the comments I’m seeing here. The writeup isn’t about lgbt 🏳️‍🌈 but rather about reverence to God Almighty. They are trying to tell you that God’s gender is not defined and that it’s wrong to automatically assume that He is a HE. Even common sense is against this claim_like how do you assign a particular gender to the one who created gender itself? This is akin to saying that Jesus is a Christian grin
They are basically trying to correct this erroneous claim that have lived for several centuries, God is neither ‘he’ nor ‘she’, the concept of gender classification only came into existence after this Supernatural Being created the first humans. Even angels are not created in defined genders. Hope you understand now sir?

In what context can you refer to a being as "FATHER", and that being doesn't signify a Male Figure?
If you read your Bible, almost all pronoun used to reference God signified a male figure.

Genesis 1 Vs 26, it states "And God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..."

Genesis 2 Vs 21-22, it states: "So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man He made into a woman and brought her to the man.

A Man was created first in God's image, then from the rib of Man came a woman.
That's not to say a Woman wasn't created in the image of God.

Be open minded to this question: If you create something in YOUR IMAGE (let's assume you to be a woman), wouldn't that creation be a woman?

Yes, if something was created in the image of a woman, it would be considered a woman. This is because the image of the woman would be used as a template or reference point for the creation, and thus the creation would be a representation of that template or reference point.

Mind you, this has EVERYTHING to do with the LGBTQ community. You only looked at it from one perspective.
First, they Allow blessings for unions between Gays?(part of abominations that led to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah)
Then they Debate the the pronoun used to reference God because they feel it doesn't appeal to a minor few??

They inadvertently stated that the purpose of this change was to promote "INCLUSION" to accommodate the beliefs of people who think it's unappealing.

Religion is based on a set of beliefs which may be very different from the personal beliefs of individuals. While it is important for individuals to have their own personal beliefs, these beliefs should not be allowed to override the established DOCTRINES of a religion

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 8:29am On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:
Hahahaha 😜😜😜😜😜

I’m not the Bishop of Canterbury for crying out loud. Take your problem to him not me!

So one comment can trigger you like this. We are seeing a repeat of what was two thousand years ago - an “imperfect book” forged to turn into a propaganda machine.

Lol, what’s your opinion. Would you prefer shim or himshe or they? 😆

Dear LegalWolf, the soon-to-graduate Disciple of the Stone kissing Adulterous Schizophrenic Wife-Stealing Lying Thief and self proclaimed prophet Mohammed aka Qutham
I don't know them too. But they bear all the characteristics of your prophet!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2023
Hahahaha 😜😜😜

TenQ:

Dear TenQ , the soon-to-graduate Disciple of the Stone kissing Adulterous Schizophrenic Wife-Stealing Lying Thief and self proclaimed yhwh
I don't know them too. But they bear all the characteristics of my yhwh !

Fixed !
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by kafeii123: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Na dem write their bible......dem fit edit any part of am wey dem want....

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:
Hahahaha 😜😜😜

Fixed !

Dear LegalWolf, the soon-to-graduate Disciple of the Stone kissing Adulterous Schizophrenic Wife-Stealing Lying Thief and self proclaimed prophet Mohammed aka Qutham

Unfortunately, the truth will haunt more than mere statements

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts / Man With Anal Cancer Healed By TB Joshua's Prayer (Viewers' Discretion) / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.