Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51309 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Honchoslim16(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
Christianity and Islam are both used to manipulate humanity

I don't believe in the Christian heaven/hell and
paradise with 72 virgins as well

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by casppyjay: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:

https://www.pulse.com.gh/news/filla/church-of-england-launches-project-to-stop-referring-to-god-as-he-him-and-our-father/4l1pmx3.amp
lol fight go burst since time immemorial they av been fine tuning Christianity to suit the modern day demands exponentially.. however we will be confronted by people mostly the ones we introduced the practice to.. they will argue they now know it more than me and the God loves them more ..
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FatherOfJesus: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Samunique:
How ??

Pls explain !
it seems you People just do religion without history.

Christianity was a concoction by the Roman empire in Europe. There's nothing like Christianity before the Roman's conceived and started it
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Rubbiish(m): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
You are a Mumu ... Foolish You is attaching Personalisation to Christianity as if Jesus emanated from Your Father's Family House in whatever Gadam African Village you Originated from ....

I'm a Christain because I Adhered to Teaching of Christ which is "Salvation" and You don't have the God damned right to tell me what to discuss or not discuss ....
When I stated u had mental issues u thought I was exaggerating. How did u come about the teachings of Christ? Where did u find them? Mad man!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Paulflurry29: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

They are not mad. You are the ignorant one. God is sexless. Perhaps you’re too misogynistic to realize this.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by DonroxyII: 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
Rubbiish:

When I stated u had mental issues u thought I was exaggerating. How did u come about the teachings of Christ? Where did u find them? Mad man!
Rubbiish !
Your Father Left Nyansh Taught Me tongue .... Isi-Ewu shocked
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Moutine(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dx x serious ..
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by crossfire47(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.

God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.

They are not right, and there is nothing misogynistic about addressing God as a "He", unless you are outrightly saying Christianity is prejudiced against women, while debunking all the holy books say at the same time. Jesus said "I am the way, truth and the light. no one goes to the father except through me"
or, as we prayed.... "in the name of the father, son and the Holy spirit"... or as it was written in the bible.. "God created man in his own image"... don't be woke to bullshit, people just wake up with different conspiracies to go against a natural order. Ever wondered why jesus christ came into this world as a man (male)? or why man (male) was created first? We all know that a masculine figure represents dominance, authority and order. the gender wars you see today was orchestrated by the matrix, which in my opinion is an embodiment of rebellion against anything divine or natural. Certainly, God is not a man, he is God.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Samunique(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
it seems you People just do religion without history.

Christianity was a concoction by the Roman empire in Europe. There's nothing like Christianity before the Roman's conceived and started it
You have answered my question .

I asked you how, and explanation.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by IbileIfe: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
◄ John 4:24 ►
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by themanderon: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
All I have to say is this the end is near. The abomination that causes desolation will soon be revealed. We shall be seeing more of this in the coming days, weeks and months.
satanists are working very hard and fast while humanity especially the unsaved are still sleeping.
Prepare for what is coming.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by sharone21(f): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
One cannot really box God.

Ideally they would have been correct but this may not be with pure intentions.

Spirits are genderless....God says He is our Father.... He also said He is a double breasted God.... One who doesn't forget His suckling baby.

However, the Devil has used this genderless thing to deceive humans and now we have lesbians, gays, binaries. International jobs now ask you to specify that they are nondiscriminatory.

God is a Father but not a mere man with the heart of both a Father and Mother....
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
And this is where W. B. YEATS' poem THE SECOND COMING came the pass.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

That's why our churches these days are turning everything upaidt down. The devil has taken the lead position on the church.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ejieddy: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Is just because of overfeeding. I'm sure if they have not belleful, they can't think this nonsense. I miss those days of Stoning in the Old testament. God is just too merciful these days. If only they can just stone these people, not to death o, but for tasting, I'm sure their head will correct. Nonsense.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by BnQoyyim(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
leetylee:

This is as the result of Protestant church which argues that the added number of books isn’t necessary as they are just stories which was written as extra, it was considered a myth. They are the canonical books though the passages are insightful and inspirational.

Deut. 12:32.

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”
How could MartinLuther come about the sudden change of an Orthodox doctrine in 16 century?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ProtonX: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
The end is nearer than we think
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LikeAking: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Righteousness2:

As it was in days of Noah and Lot, so it is right now.
I weep for our Generation....
I weep for the ungodly and reprobates of this generation.
I weep for Humanity!

If we only we understood the times and Seasons that we are in..
If only we understood the Destruction, calamity and Disaster that is about to sweep this our generation .

My admonishment to those who want to Hear is to COME OUT From among them and be separate.
Make your ways right with JESUS CHRIST.

Do not Directly or indirectly support or advance this Wickedness and abominations sweeping through the earth.

Live ready! Live in tge conciousness of your Eternity.

The Coming of JESUS Christ is Imminent! WATCH and PRAY so that you will be counted Worthy to Escape what is coming on this Earth

Quiet!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
waterpouroverfl:
Well the devil Lucifer is waiting to present and reveal himself to the
That same they are calling out

They can't wait to meet with Lucifer the beast

People who speaks of the Bible as white man book should also know that the Bible also prophecy that the same white man will introduce different sins and as such invoke the wrath of God still written in that Same Bible

Everything na sarkamanje. That is why they do not worry to change these things.

Na una africans with black yansh never wake up from una slumber. grin

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by leetylee: 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
BnQoyyim:

Deut. 12:32.

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”
How could MartinLuther come about the sudden change of an Orthodox doctrine in 16 century?

As the argument states “it wasn’t necessary since it wasn’t written by minor or major prophets and it’s one of the numerous books written by church elites to promote the good faith of Christianity
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Techwriter:
Uwa mmebi
We are definitely at the edge of the last hour. Live ready

Last hour ko, last nanosecond ni.

Keep dreaming.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
I think I really have to repent immediately!.... God's anger is raging

You don't need to repent. Liejeriya is already "God's anger"
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Goodson15:
GOD will deal with this country if they are not careful

And you that u are in Nigeria not calling God she or shim... una life and country never dey dealt with already?

Black africans and their brains. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
canalily:
Did God ask them to do so? That means they will rewrite the bible and erase all the places HE, OUR FATHER, HIM appeared

It serves you the fanatics right. grin

Of course you people will resist it but your children children will embrace it? cheesy

Why? Cos they're black people. Blacks will never have recourse to their own originality cos they reek of inferiority complex. grin

If we talk one or two things now, u'll say I'm consigned to Jewish folklore hell. cheesy That is just how brainwashed many of una be.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Inhuman69:

So God is a white man ? 😂

Watin I no go see for nairaland omo

Black people na devil be that in your opinion

Haha, u sef see that black african werey wey comment. Chai, these black people and inferiority complex ehn. Tufiakwa.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Regie2bless: 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:

https://www.pulse.com.gh/news/filla/church-of-england-launches-project-to-stop-referring-to-god-as-he-him-and-our-father/4l1pmx3.amp
matt chapter 6: 9 reads: our father in heaven hallowed be your name. Not our mother in heaven, abi them dey whine?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by SirJerrie(m): 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
God shouldn't be Gender ... I refer to God as "It"

E.g Almighty God of the Universe and Everything Therein Itself .....

God is not a Man! ... God is a Scientist not an Abracadabra! ....

The Sciences Unknown to Human Knowledge Sphere is Referred to as "Spiritualism" ...

Once Spiritualism get Debunked(Interpreted to Human Mental/Logical Sphere) it becomes Sciences ......

God is Never a Him But a "It" ....

If Jesus the son of God referred to God as His Father, who are you?
If he referred to God as his "FATHER", not his mother, his creator, his brother, his sister or anything else but HIS FATHER, then who are these Bishops to decide on such Matter?

Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;..."

Meaning Man was first created in the image of God...

Genesis 2:21-22 says, "So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

God created Man IN HIS IMAGE.
And from the rib of a Man brought He(God) a Woman.

Whether or not people find it appealing shouldn't be up for debate.
If the Bible is, in and of itself, the "Word of God", Why try to Correct God by Changing his Word just so it appeals to personal opinions?

If people aren't comfortable with the Christian religion, why change its Doctrine?
Why not open a Cult and establish doctrines as it appeals to you??
And I'm not just referring to you, I'm referring to all and sundry in support of these sacrilegious notions.

It is not appropriate to refer to God using the pronoun "it." God is not an object or a thing, and He should be referred to as He or Him as stated CLEARLY in the Bible.

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
placeofallure:

You're asking what their problem is? Their problem is - They don't have problem!
There's too much free time in their hands. My people will say: Bi eyan ba r'oju tan, A ma wa air'oju Kiri.

Do they have unemployment to battle with? Do they have upsurge of herdsmen killing them in their farms? Do they have kidnappings to deal with? Do they have hunger in their land? How many of their citizens are living in abject poverty? Do they have to cope with corrupt leaders? Are they battling with terrorism? Do they lack basic social amenities? Something must occupy an idle mind or hands. That is their problem.

Well you aren't far from the truth!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
kunleham:
Christianity is a scam perpetrated by the Europeans.
Islam is a stupid scam perpetuated by Arabs to the gullibles!

If the above is not true, then answer these questions

Is it True Dhulkhanein found the sun setting in the murky waters?

Is it true that a man's Semen come from his backbone and that the women's reproductive fluids come from her rib cage?

Is it true Allah says a Muslim can marry and divorce a female who has not yet menstruated?

Can you see how gullible the believers of these garbage are?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
OH NO, The world is coming to an End!
(Says the writer Sarcastically, while eating a piece
of toast-bread).

We humans should chill out, even if Putin and
Biden Decide to destroy the whole world in a
Nuclear War, Barring Nuclear Radiation, the
World will Still thrive and Plant and Animal life
Will evolve.

Humans may destroy themselves for some petty
reasons but this earth will continue to thrive
and support other forms of life.

In other words:

THE END OF HUMANITY IS NOT THE END OF THE
WORLD.

So Just Chill.

Its Just a Social Experimentation.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
A new bible will soon resurface claiming it was written with direction of the holy spirit.

Like I have always maintained NONE OF MY KIDS WILL ENTER ANY RELIGION UNTIL THEY TURN 22YEARS

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
Eviana:
This morning, when I was praying to God my Father--, I was crying out to Him. I know He--my Heavenly Father--heard my cry cause He directed me towards some powerful scriptural passages...
He loves us with all of His heart.
All He is trying to do is woo us to Him...
Followers/believers need to deeply realize this and surrender to Him.
HE--the Father--the Creator-- never changes...HIS Word.

Culture--no matter where it is-- should never supercede His Word
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned...fellow believers smiley

So true. God's word is above all.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by wirinet(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
1Sharon:
Lmaooo..... why is God referred to a HE to begin with? Does he have XY chromosomes?
It because God stands when he wants to pee instead of stooping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Evil Bird Monitoring A Man's Destiny Killed In Benin Today / T.B Joshua When He Was 20 Years Old (Photo) / Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.