Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,047 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51343 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
SirJerrie:

If Jesus the son of God referred to God as His Father, who are you?
If he referred to God as his "FATHER", not his mother, his creator, his brother, his sister or anything else but HIS FATHER, then who are these Bishops to decide on such Matter?

Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;..."

Meaning Man was first created in the image of God...

Genesis 2:21-22 says, "So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

God created Man IN HIS IMAGE.
And from the rib of a Man brought He(God) a Woman.

Whether or not people find it appealing shouldn't be up for debate.
If the Bible is, in and of itself, the "Word of God", Why try to Correct God by Changing his Word just so it appeals to personal opinions?

If people aren't comfortable with the Christian religion, why change its Doctrine?
Why not open a Cult and establish doctrines as it appeals to you??
And I'm not just referring to you, I'm referring to all and sundry in support of these sacrilegious notions.

It is not appropriate to refer to God using the pronoun "it." God is not an object or a thing, and He should be referred to as He or Him as stated CLEARLY in the Bible.

So true. Sometime I just wonder if this people have some kind mental illness. Something that is very obvious they want to complicate it. Truelly, satanists have taken over their churches and they are doing same in africa. But no matter what, Christ's church will stand.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by drlateef: 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:

https://www.pulse.com.gh/news/filla/church-of-england-launches-project-to-stop-referring-to-god-as-he-him-and-our-father/4l1pmx3.amp

These are the kind battery Christianity must go through because every principle in Christianity is man-made and the bible is word of man, not God. This makes it easy for weird minded people like Anglican church of England to tinker with laid down rules and precepts. In effect, the eventual complete dismantling snd deconstruction of Christianity has been launched. By the time they finish tinkering with the religion, they will end up asking themselves: what exactly are we worshipping? They will not be able to recognise christianity anymore.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Neoteny7: 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Robinmido:
If God does not punish this generation, he they will need to apologies to Sodom and Gomorrah

Corrected
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by chichima5764: 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
The time is here already.. Where is righteousness??The time is here already.. Where is righteousness??...
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Princewell2012(m): 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Is Christ male or female Is Holy spirit male or female? Are Engels male or female?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Zion243(m): 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
Church of satan

Egbe ni fun Esu at ise Owo re!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Princewell2012(m): 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
Antoeni:
God Created Man to His Own Image, So Definitely God Should be Masculine
so women are not included in the image of God

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bultwo:
Imagine, these are the so called people that brought the religion to us.
Out of the whole world, God choose Isreal. But how many times did Isreal commit sins worse than those of other nations? So that they brought us christianity doesnt mean that they can't fall away. That you convert souls to Christ does not mean you can't fall away 2morrow if you're not careful.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.

God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.
Don't be offended oo. Are u a christian?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
Righteousness2:

As it was in days of Noah and Lot, so it is right now.
I weep for our Generation....
I weep for the ungodly and reprobates of this generation.
I weep for Humanity!

If we only we understood the times and Seasons that we are in..
If only we understood the Destruction, calamity and Disaster that is about to sweep this our generation .

My admonishment to those who want to Hear is to COME OUT From among them and be separate.
Make your ways right with JESUS CHRIST.

Do not Directly or indirectly support or advance this Wickedness and abominations sweeping through the earth.

Live ready! Live in tge conciousness of your Eternity.

The Coming of JESUS Christ is Imminent! WATCH and PRAY so that you will be counted Worthy to Escape what is coming on this Earth
I will like to emphasize "Do not Directly or indirectly support or advance this Wickedness and abominations sweeping through the earth. "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MrALIVE: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Britain is beginning to go insane.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Cromagnon: 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
MITCHELL96:
The elites are really trying hard to silence and mock christianity. A lot of people don't even seem to notice all these stuffs that they show us in plain sight.

Just like that Sam Smith Grammy awards performance, till today some people don't seem to see it as dem.o.nic and will still attend, stream or worship him.

And for the people that still don't believe Jesus is real and is coming back. Ask yourself, if Jesus is not real why do the elites go extra miles to mock him? Music, movies, interviews.. name them, they all mock God and christians.

I think y'all need to use your TikTok very effectively instead of using it to watch irrelevant Nigerian girls videos, TikTok seems to be the only app that doesn't really take down all those videos exposing every one of the elites unlike YouTube, Facebook and co.

We all have to open our eyes and call a spade a spade, these are truly the end times.

The matrix looses it's power when you:

1. Think critically.

2. Avoid the news (they own must of the famous media) so they feed you with what they want you to know and hide the actual truth from you.

(Type "blackrock and vanguard conspiracy theories"wink on TikTok you'll see what I'm telling you.

And As you see the videos, keep following the pages that post them so TikTok algorithm will start suggesting pages on your (FYP) that post about videos that exposes the elites in every industry.

3. Follow your intuition.

4. Speak your truth.

5. Give energy consciously.

6. See beyond the division.

7. Go inward.
Might is right
Most ppl are sheep
Just get ready for rapture
They not listening to you
You're not Kim Kardashian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
ezenwajosh:
A new bible will soon resurface claiming it was written with direction of the holy spirit.

Like I have always maintained NONE OF MY KIDS WILL ENTER ANY RELIGION UNTIL THEY TURN 22YEARS
That would be a terrible mistake bc satan will take over your kids. Train up a child in the way he shud go... Prov. 22:6

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Aaronsrod: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Fear ye not the battyman, O men of Nigeria.

They shall not stroke your quickened flesh.

The devil lurks in your deepest, darkest desires.

You cannot escape. Hellfire judgement draweth nigh!

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Antoeni(m): 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
They Are From The Ribs of The Man
Princewell2012:
so women are not included in the image of God
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by DonroxyII: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
SirJerrie:

If Jesus the son of God referred to God as His Father, who are you?
If he referred to God as his "FATHER", not his mother, his creator, his brother, his sister or anything else but HIS FATHER, then who are these Bishops to decide on such Matter?

Genesis 1:26 states: "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;..."

Meaning Man was first created in the image of God...

Genesis 2:21-22 says, "So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

God created Man IN HIS IMAGE.
And from the rib of a Man brought He(God) a Woman.

Whether or not people find it appealing shouldn't be up for debate.
If the Bible is, in and of itself, the "Word of God", Why try to Correct God by Changing his Word just so it appeals to personal opinions?

If people aren't comfortable with the Christian religion, why change its Doctrine?
Why not open a Cult and establish doctrines as it appeals to you??
And I'm not just referring to you, I'm referring to all and sundry in support of these sacrilegious notions.

It is not appropriate to refer to God using the pronoun "it." God is not an object or a thing, and He should be referred to as He or Him as stated CLEARLY in the Bible.

I'm tired of You Guys....
Once they Downloaded something give una na so una no go use una head reason anything again Beyond what was downloaded to una !

Africans are Emotionally Extreme with Shallowness! .... No wonder we find Growth and Development difficult to Achieve .....

We Don't reason Beyond our Immediate Needs and Intentions and What was Downloaded to Us !

Church of England has Changed it and English brought that Bible You quoted and Religion to Christianity to Us .... If you like change if you like don't change ....

Jesus spoke in Parables .... "Father" Doesn't mean his Biological Father..... No wonder atheist are having Field Day Because when Some Religion Adherents starts being Spiritual Over what they could have explained in simple terms then You wonder how we reason !

God can be referred to as Lord, Saviour, Father etc No mean IT is a He/She ....

Nobody ever see God before nor could Possibly describe what God is ..... ....

4 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TrajansKong: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Every page of this thread is evidence of the nature and order of current African insanity. Intellectually and culturally, we have ceased to exist and we proudly defend our non-existence. Right now I just feel like starting up a church and draining every last coin from our brain-dead continent into a Swiss bank account.

The slaves will be along soon to support their pastorly masters but I have seen more than enough. I'm done. Over and out. Goodbye Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by 2016v2017: 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Also read: The Gay Agenda Blueprint: A Plan To Transform America
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by SirJerrie(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
I'm tired of You Guys....
Once they Downloaded something give una na so una no go use una head reason anything again Beyond what was downloaded to una !

Africans are Emotionally Extreme with Shallowness! .... No wonder we find Growth and Development difficult to Achieve .....

We Don't reason Beyond our Immediate Needs and Intentions and What was Downloaded to Us !

Church of England has Changed it and English brought that Bible You quoted and Religion to Christianity to Us .... If you like change if you like don't change ....

Jesus spoke in Parables .... "Father" Doesn't mean his Biological Father..... No wonder atheist are having Field Day Because when Some Religion Adherents starts being Spiritual Over what they could have explained in simple terms then You wonder how we reason !

God can be referred to as Lord, Saviour, Father etc No mean IT is a He/She ....

Nobody ever see God before nor could Possibly describe what God is ..... ....

The problem is, you don't even KNOW what you don't know.
And as Nigerian man go talk: "Wetin you no know pass you!!"

The Church of England DID NOT author the Bible. They did not write the Bible used by Christians.
In fact, The first complete Bible was produced in the 4th century AD.The King James Version of the Bible was commissioned in 1604, and was completed and published in 1611.

The Church of England, however, was not established until 1534, when King Henry VIII declared himself the Head of the Church of England to break away from the authority of the Pope.

The Bible Predates the so-called "Church of England."

So they have NO RIGHT to make any changes whatsoever in the Bible.

And to your second-to-last Paragraph, Where and in What context can you refer to a being as "FATHER", and that being doesn't signify a MAN?!!!

siofra:

They are right though. I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE. God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.

God should be referred to as "They"?

Why "they"? Why not SHE? Why not IT? Or something else

If you've always seen it misogyny, how about we Refer to "Mary the mother of Jesus" as "Him/He" so it doesn't come off as misandry
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by bluefilm: 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Church of England wants to become another Church of Satan.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Deepfeel:

The church, Christianity is a white mans religion , they can choose to put or remove anything they want from it , the bible itself is fake
Honestly, only ignorance can make u say that. Dont allow 666 to catch you by suprise. The bible predicted it long time ago.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
Lacash:
Gen.1 Verses 26 to 31) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. I believe we can have a little ideology of who God is from this scripture above, but I stand to be corrected though cos I’m not a pastor🤓
Correct. But fact is there is no where the bible refer to God as a she.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
airsaylongcome:

African Anglicans have been regularly breaking ranks with the Church of England and the western Anglicans. Did you not see a recent viral video of Nigerian Anglicans in the US chasing away a gay priest
They did right. But one thing you have to know is that their agenda is a gradual process. If this generation of Africans reject LGTBQ, there is no guarantee that the next generation will do same. Nigerians who support LGTBQ is growing daily. You will see them on NL.

All these immoral celebrities shud not be underestimated. They will destroy future generations. If nothing is done, Africa will fall. Dont forget that there was a time LGTBQ was wierd to whites. Just as immodest dresses was once wierd to Africans. But 2day they wear it even to church. Dont underestimate them. Pray and preach against evil.

adler777:

Africa will never follow. In fact, pentecostal Christians would never follow. The church of satan is now disguising as the Church of God. A lot of them are covert satanists pushing the antichrist agenda... We already know.

aspabay:

Africans (politically and religiously) has consistently rejected the west's preaching of homosexuals, but as usual, you always write off your continent and already bashing them.

Emancipate yourself from this mental slavery of always thinking ill of your people.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FatherOfJesus: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Samunique:
You have answered my question .

I asked you how, and explanation.
I just told you people who started Christianity as a religion
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by FarmTech(m): 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Donkmore:

You wan Sabi religion pass person wey carry am come give you abi.
Their ancestors that brought us christianity cannot do this abomination.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Robinmido(m): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
grin thanks
Neoteny7:

Corrected

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by emecheboy2(m): 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
here we go again, the radical progressive leftist have finally taken over the Church of England. I am convinced the Anglican communion in Nigeria and elsewhere will break away to be standalone churches in their various countries if they decide not to fight back.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Haywhylee(m): 11:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Matthew 6:9.

{author=FarmTech post=120789350]

https://www.pulse.com.gh/news/filla/church-of-england-launches-project-to-stop-referring-to-god-as-he-him-and-our-father/4l1pmx3.amp[/quote]
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Inception:
The last true religion is now Islam.

And this is coming from me, a Christian.

Gentlemen, the war against men has taken a new dimension.

Well. Let them finish what they have started.

D last true relilgion is Islam because ur inferiority complex stinks.

Didnt ur forefathers hav their own religion? Dont Yorubas have Ifa and Akosejaye? If you are Yoruba and you spat this, then huge shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
gabbasin:
they brought Christianity to us, so they know better. If we had stayed with our own indigenous religion, no one will be tossing us around. But as for me, religion is the biggest scam in the world, and na we Africans mumu pass,

You are smart.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
gloryman91:
If you like die in sin and disbelief to your Creator.

Better embrace Islam now and gain eternity in Paradise.

Another arab black inferior slave on d loose.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:

Why are u lamenting?

Follow ur white masters. Or when did u know better than them?

Euro-brainwashed black slave. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts / Man With Anal Cancer Healed By TB Joshua's Prayer (Viewers' Discretion) / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.