Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51315 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 9:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Jozibrainz99:

Who is this one with a roasted brain?

O dun were. cheesy

Brainwashed zoogerian, European slave. Black brains, hahahaha cheesy

When is your jesus coming again? Is it not imminent? Since u were born abi? No worry. When ure 89 years old, u go don get sense small. grin

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Morphinne: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2023
SirJerrie:

In what context can you refer to a being as "FATHER", and that being doesn't signify a Male Figure?
If you read your Bible, almost all pronoun used to reference God signified a male figure.

Genesis 1 Vs 26, it states "And God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..."
A Man was created first in God's image, then from the rib of Man came a woman.
That's not to say a Woman wasn't created in the image of God.
Mind you, this has EVERYTHING to do with the LGBTQ community. You only looked at it from one perspective.
First, they Allow blessings for unions between Gays?(part of abominations that led to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah)
Then they Debate the the pronoun used to reference God because they feel it doesn't appeal to a minor few??
Pastor, give us a verse that explicitly talks about God’s and the angels’ genders and no, what you read up there has nothing to do with lgbt🏳️‍🌈 and I’m still wondering how y’all interpreted it to be. Nobody is saying the whites are morally upright but this particular article didn’t pronounce God to be binary or maybe I’m missing the particular paragraph that hinted such. What they’re doing here is about reverence and nothing more. There should be no single semblance between God and men. Even the Catholic Church (the earliest church and the ppl who made it possible for you to know about the Christianity Africans now ‘carry for head like gala) made it clear that our God is neither man nor woman and this is included in their Catechism, and Islam, another one of the three monotheistic religions, also believes that God is neither a man nor woman but described with the pronoun “He” because we live in a patriarch world. The supernatural being transcends the human concept of sex and gender, and is neither man nor woman sir and if you think otherwise, kindly give us a verse that explicitly says and confirms God’s gender.
Also tell us how you ended up interpreting what you read to mean that they were trying to make God binary. How did saying that someone has no sex (gender) translate to him being lgbt🏳️‍🌈?
You would have had an argument if they had suggested that the pronoun “she” could be used to describe God but no, they’re basically saying that HE has no gender and a special and all exclusive pronoun should have been put in place to describe Him. Going by your logic I.e God creating men in his own image, then the Angels’ reproductive organs shouldn’t be just cosmetics, they should be capable of reproducing just like in humans.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2023
Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂
TenQ:

Dear TenQ , the soon-to-graduate Disciple of the Stone kissing Adulterous Schizophrenic Wife-Stealing Lying Thief and self proclaimed yhwh

Unfortunately, the truth will haunt more than mere statements

Which truth, the one that the “imperfect” book was forged or was a propaganda machine?

Which one exactly 🙄🤷‍♂️
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2023
JoeEeL:

O dun were. cheesy

When is your jesus coming again? Is it not imminent? Since u were born abi? No worry. When ure 89 years old, u go don get sense small. grin

U are so dumb....

Am not even the kind of person ur loose brain think I am....

U keep typing shit without knowing my personality.
U saw my post and quoted it with Ur dumb head.

Big MUMU
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 11, 2023
JoeEeL:

O dun were. cheesy

Sorry i forgot to say this; U can never have sense for the rest of Ur life.
How do Ur friends cope with a fool like U?

Imagine the rubbish u typed.
Omo u stupid gan oooo...wasted thing!!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 10:33am On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:

Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

Which truth, the one that the “imperfect” book was forged or was a propaganda machine?

Which one exactly 🙄🤷‍♂️
LOL!
Your perfect book with permission granted Muslims to do high level love-vendor service and prostitution !?
Your perfect book that says the sun set in murky waters.!?
Your perfect book where women have reproductive fluids coming out from their ribcage!?

A comic joke of a book!?

SMH!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Sleekfingers: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Also read: The Gay Agenda Blueprint: A Plan To Transform America

Another brainwashed African spotted
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Sleekfingers: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Goodson15:
GOD will deal with this country if they are not careful

Despite your fake arse slavery religion practicing , they are still far ahead of your poverty infested country ... Nigeria.......

Despite littering your country with churches and mosques..... poverty is dealing mercilessly with y'all.......over 80% of y'all are living under a dollar per day.....who is your so call God dealing with.....

You guys disown your religions , embraced their religion .......

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2023
TenQ:

LOL!
Your perfect book with permission granted Muslims to do high level love-vendor service and prostitution !?
Your perfect book that says the sun set in murky waters.!?
Your perfect book where women have reproductive fluids coming out from their ribcage!?

A comic joke of a book!?

SMH!

LOL, how would that halt the impending non-dangering of yhwh from HIM to SHIM or THEY?!! Ehn, potential Theif TenQ grin
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Sleekfingers: 11:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Antoeni:
God Created Man to His Own Image, So Definitely God Should be Masculine

From the book of fables

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by JoeEeL(m): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2023
Jozibrainz99:

Sorry i forgot to say this; U can never have sense for the rest of Ur life.
How do Ur friends cope with a fool like U?

Imagine the rubbish u typed.
Omo u stupid gan oooo...wasted thing!!

Hahaa. Euro-zoogerian slave going berserk. Hahahahahaha, this is funnier than fun. cheesy

Coward. Face ur religious masters instead.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:

LOL, how would that halt the impending non-dangering of yhwh from HIM to SHIM or THEY?!! Ehn, potential Theif TenQ grin
It still doesn't change the FACT that

Your perfect book has permission granted Muslims to do high level love-vendor service and prostitution !?
Your perfect book says the sun set in murky waters.!?

I am still amazed at how the Arabic Qur'an got this messed up!

Sorry
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
JoeEeL:

Hahaa. Euro-zoogerian slave going berserk. Hahahahahaha, this is funnier than fun. cheesy

Coward. Face ur religious masters instead.

It is clear that u are useless and extremely dumb.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TAYO124: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
They should on top of their agenda seek a Novel name for the Occultic group they are creating.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TAYO124: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Another brainwashed African spotted
Why will Africans not follow the patern. African is already dumping ground for any western product, Idea, Ideal or technology.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Image123(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
kernniejay:

You are wrong. That is even an insult to the animal kingdom. Homosexuality is not in the nature of animals. You can never see a male animal mounting another male or a female mating another female animal, never!

There are actually animals like that. There are also asexual animals that are basically not male or female. Well those are just animals right, not humans created in the image of God.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Sleekfingers: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
TAYO124:

Why will Africans not follow the patern. African is already dumping ground for any western product, Idea, Ideal or technology.

So sad.....
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2023
TenQ:

It still doesn't change the FACT that

Your perfect book has permission granted Muslims to do high level love-vendor service and prostitution !?
Your perfect book says the sun set in murky waters.!?

I am still amazed at how the Arabic Qur'an got this messed up!

Sorry

LOL! I am so sorry that your yhwh is about to be misgendered... Oh sorry non-gendered to them/shim. I know it must be hurtful. I am so sorry. Take heart cheesy cheesy cheesy

How would this verse reads:
And for this reason SHIM/THEY will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie 2 Thes 2:11 Ehn potential thief TenQ?

PS: I rarely quote the imperfect book but going forward, all my reference would be non-gendered in compliance with the opinion of Anglican Church
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:

LOL! I am so sorry that your yhwh is about to be misgendered... Oh sorry non-gendered to them/shim. I know it must be hurtful. I am so sorry. Take heart cheesy cheesy cheesy

How would this verse reads:
And for this reason SHIM/THEY will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie 2 Thes 2:11 Ehn potential thief TenQ?

PS: I rarely quote the imperfect book but going forward, all my reference would be non-gendered in compliance with the opinion of Anglican Church
As you have believed a strong lie from your prophet.

Where did these names of Allah come from, man or Allah himself?

1. The Arrogant.
2. The Distresser.
3. The Humiliator.
4.The deceiver.
5. The Mischief maker

Do you want we to give you the Arabic versions,?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
TenQ:

As you have believed a strong lie from your prophet.

Where did these names of Allah come from, man or Allah himself?

1. The Arrogant.
2. The Distresser.
3. The Humiliator.
4.The deceiver.
5. The Mischief maker

Do you want we to give you the Arabic versions,?

LOL! All I know is that yhwh is about to be bobrisky.... And SHIM does not deserve that treatment from his followers embarassed cry

Modified: hey TenQ, is it like you told me Injeel is 'ALL' the books of the Christian Bible and that same Injeel is 'the first four books' of Arab Christian bibles, ehn? Potential Thief TenQ grin
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by DonroxyII: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kelvin3476:

SO U ARE TELLING ME THAT MAKING UR OWN IMAGE CAN ALSO MEAN "MAKING AN IMAGE OF A MONKEY WITH UR CHARACTERIZATION" ?

IMAGE OF ANYTHING MEANS SIMILAR IN LOOK EVEN WHEN THE CHARACTER DIFFERS.
We don't look like God Simple !

How could God look like us grin

Best Bet is to be of "Godly Characterisations" which Only God could Achieves Its Perfectness while We Human as Topmost Animal were only trying our best to be of "Godly Characterisations" for the Best of Our Righteousness is like Rag in the Presence of God as the Bible states cheesy ... Don't ask me the verse! ....

Una need to dey read Deep Meanings into Religious Books not just taking the words at Face Values ... That's why Most Dreams/Manifestations comes with Analogies not Straight ! ...

Godly Characterisations(Image of God) is the means by which we Evolves from Animalistic Tendencies into Human(Homo Sapiens) while UnGodly Characterisations is the Means By which We Devolves back to Animalistic Tendencies.....Meanwhile, We Evolves 10x while we Devolves 1x therefore Our Evolution is usually faster than Our Devolution... That's where Mercies Comes in

Pure Godly Characterisations(Image of God) there would be no war on Earth and No Nuclear Weapon to Eliminate the Entire Human Existences and Achievements all through Eon Years !

Una Problem be say una too Emotional....

Same Oyinbo wey tell our Forefathers say Eledumare(Yoruba God) na Idol were same people telling us God is not a He/She and were same people who wrote God as a He/She ....
Were same people telling us Homosexuals and Church Baptising them as Priests while Zombies/Terrorists keep shifting Basis like Morons with Emotional Attachments!

Find your God and Stick to It !

My God is the Almighty Supreme-Absolute Good-God of the Universes and Everything Therein Simple = Eledumare/Olodumare in my Own Culture and Civilisations ... I won't wait for England ... I can Also Teach England too !

Anything wey anyone say as far as e no correlate with my own God ... na Ya own be that ... if we correlate we go roll !

I'm a Yoruba-Man cheesy

God Image is Good-Characters(Omoluabi) lobatan!

Good Characters is the Image of God which is Mostly Possessed by Homo-Sapien( The Wise-Man) .... all God wants from Us is Good Characters but don't be a Fool OK.... If dem wan cross you Flee... if dem pursue you face them !
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by DonroxyII: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
God Image is Good-Characters(Omoluabi) lobatan cheesy

Not God's physical image ....

All Omoluabis are of God's Characterisations(Good-Image) ....
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by TenQ: 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
LegalWolf:

LOL! All I know is that yhwh is about to be bobrisky.... And SHIM does not deserve that treatment from his followers embarassed cry

Modified: hey TenQ, is it like you told me Injeel is 'ALL' the books of the Christian Bible and that same Injeel is 'the first four books' of Arab Christian bibles, ehn? Potential Thief TenQ grin
One is true statement, the other is not.

1. The Arrogant.
2. The Distresser.
3. The Humiliator.
4.The deceiver.
5. The Mischief maker

Why does you Allah carry all the titles of SATAN for head,!

LOL!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Bioko2: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
biafranrealson:
Time for god to show himself so that all man will know the right way to follow.
Has been hiding for soo long

Abi na
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by leetylee: 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
BnQoyyim:

So the Septugianist are wronged by introduced those books that are faith and morally inclined?

1-Tobit
2-Judith
3-Wisdom (also called the Wisdom of Solomon)
4-Sirach (also called Ecclesiasticus)
5-Baruch
6-1 Maccabees
7-2 Maccabees

Man I dunno what they was thinking, as we all know man must opposed to do what he deem fit for his own purpose
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LegalWolf: 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
TenQ:

One is true statement, the other is not.

1. The Arrogant.
2. The Distresser.
3. The Humiliator.
4.The deceiver.
5. The Mischief maker

Why does you Allah carry all the titles of SATAN for head,!

LOL!

Maybe we should ask yhwh. SHIM May know 🤪
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nazcosunbun: 8:12am On Feb 12, 2023
We are watching ⌚ from the shadows just dey play 🎮 I prey my Africans, brothers won't converge with you in this your deliriumembarassedwhat a crazy world 🌍 I remember lucky Dubey we are living in a crazy world 🌏
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by cocoduck: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

God is Love.

The Bible Reckons This.

So, Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered; There is LOVE. The Presence of LOVE Abounds.

When People are Divided, There is HATE; Hence No GATHERING.

The First Meaning of The First Conceptual Letter "G" of "GOD" Means "GATHERING".

Russia and Ukraine are presently being DIVIDED Killing Themselves because They Have Allowed HATE Becloud Their Sense of Reasoning.

The Next Letter "O" Symbolizes "ORGANIZATION".

The "Gathering" of People Should Advance To Getting People "ORGANIZED".

ORGANIZED To Be Productive and Profit-Oriented with LOVE That Breeds TRUST.

The Last Letter 'D' Symbolizes "Division of Labour".

So; A People That is Well Organized Are A People Who are Not DIVIDED in Spirit as They Properly UNDERSTAND Their Respective Goals and Tasks in Their Various Discipline of Divided Labour.

God is The LOVE and TRUST That Exist Between You and I.

G - Gathering

O - Of

D - Disciples.

Disciples are Disciplined Apostles of LOVE and TRUST.

Know This And Know Peace.

~ The Messiah Of Africa (TMOA)

those who practice homosexual acts will not inherit God's Kingdom. God is love, but you must obey God's commands before that love acts on you. God has said it, that if you practice homosexuality, you will not inherit His Kingdom. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by charlsecy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
siofra:
God doesn't have a gender.
We must admit we do not know.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by xproducer: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
Impending Judgment on the Earth - Isaiah 24:1-6

24 Behold, the Lord makes the earth empty and makes it waste,
Distorts its surface
And scatters abroad its inhabitants.
2 And it shall be:
As with the people, so with the priest;
As with the servant, so with his master;
As with the maid, so with her mistress;
As with the buyer, so with the seller;
As with the lender, so with the borrower;
As with the creditor, so with the debtor.
3 The land shall be entirely emptied and utterly plundered,
For the Lord has spoken this word.

4 The earth mourns and fades away,
The world languishes and fades away;
The haughty people of the earth languish.
5 The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants,
Because they have transgressed the laws,
Changed the ordinance,
Broken the everlasting covenant
6 Therefore the curse has devoured the earth
And those who dwell in it are desolate.
Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned,
And few men are left.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

T.B Joshua When He Was 20 Years Old (Photo) / Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts / Man With Anal Cancer Healed By TB Joshua's Prayer (Viewers' Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.