Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51314 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by BnQoyyim(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
I wonder why the"holy Bibles" wouldn't be a yardstick to define this religion.
I am amazed as to why the Christendom happened to be a multifaceted religion with different notions beyond required.

Roman Catholic bible has number of 73 books and the Protestant has 66, which one is reduced and which has increased?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Who cares. Their cup of tea!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by DearGorgeous(f): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Confused human beings!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Mpanyi: 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Let this church of England better fold if it is only this kind of nonsense it will be talking every now and then. It seems they can never preach Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Coldie(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Goodson15:
GOD will deal with this country if they are not careful
But they are saying the truth though, God is not male neither is God female

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
PlanktonX:

May the Lord have mercy on you.

Which of the Lords is having mercy on me.. grin? The "he" or the "she" version?

And why is IT having mercy on me? Na me change him gender?

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by rajiedreez: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
That's how king James adulterated the Bible when he sponsored the translation.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by PeinDanzo(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
LGBT . .these people are the worst set of people in the world.

The "LGB" part has the potential to cause trouble but guys, it's the "T" part that you should fear, they will tear the world apart.

Just read up on transgender ideology and you will understand

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Robinmido:
If God does not punish this generation, he will need to apologies to Sodom and Gomorrah

What do you Africans know about god of whites? Whatever they like let them call their God, we had our deities before they brought that fraud called Bible and used it to wipe off senses of our people.

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by switlily25(f): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
This same people imposed their religion on us,kept us in captivity,made us to abandon our traditional beliefs and carted away our artifacts and mineral resources till date!
Yet,we still carry their religion on to our heads like gala and look down on ours.
Thank God I no longer go to church or believe in any stupid religion!
I’m a proud and fulfilled traditionalist!

10 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Adesuwag(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
Wahala wahala!!! The unchangeable god Don dey wear makeup 😀

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by cocoduck: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

God is Love.

The Bible Reckons This.

Truly; God has No Gender.
so Jesus that called God our Father, he is stupid, right? This homo thing is the 666 the Bible warned us about.We have seen people who lost their means of livelihood because they rejected the homo nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ContinuousTortu: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
White people always evolving. . . .Black people always revolving. grin
lol

How's Canada?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Lionnation: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Homosexuality is messing up the brains of this modafuckers

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Abrahamweb(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Goodson15:
GOD will deal with this country if they are not careful
Na people like this dey tire me.
It's their God,the brought the religion to Africa and suddenly you know pass them?
Africans on carry foriegn religion for head pass the owner of the religion,no mumu yourself,you follow their religion,you follow their rule, dumbass.

6 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Righteousness2:

As it was in days of Noah and Lot, so it is right now.
I weep for our Generation....
I weep for the ungodly and reprobates of this generation.
I weep for Humanity!

If we only we understood the times and Seasons that we are in..
If only we understood the Destruction, calamity and Disaster that is about to sweep this our generation .

My admonishment to those who want to Hear is to COME OUT From among them and be separate.
Make your ways right with JESUS CHRIST.

Do not Directly or indirectly support or advance this Wickedness and abominations sweeping through the earth.

Live ready! Live in tge conciousness of your Eternity.

The Coming of JESUS Christ is Imminent! WATCH and PRAY so that you will be counted Worthy to Escape what is coming on this Earth

Christ is Here Already:

https://www.nairaland.com/7563212/nysc-empowerment-initiative-dreams-valid#120791812
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by PeinDanzo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.

God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.

Umm . .you are a fool of the highest order
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by simplypj: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.

God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.
Something is definitely wrong with you
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by leetylee: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
You Africans are too Emotional People....

What Do You Know about Yahweh(Jews of Name God) ... You don't know more than those people that Marketed God to You .. The British ....

Don't Worry, Your Future Generations would refer to God as English Call Am if You are Stubborn enough not to Change ...

God is not Your Father ... God is God and God doesn't Have Gender ..... Neither a Man nor a Woman .... So God is a "IT" to Me not a "He or She"....

That's Doesn't Mean I'm Disrespectful to God ...But Acknowledging the Truest Nature of God as Non-Gender !

Man I have read about different religions and their creation stories be it mythological or real
What they point out is the use of a gender based pronouns apart from the sub gods. Why it is so it is because of the way these beings showed themselves to their worshippers, you can’t tell me a traditionalists refer to their spirit gods or ancestors who transcended to gods as “it” except they are collectively referred. You go with the point of the religion sold to us and you use their language in addressing same thing, brother to each it’s own and what they believe, mind you this is Church of England and not church of Africa nor Nigeria, the bible spoke about the controversies that will surround the church and how different people will come with their narratives of what they feel like the church of God should be. Even if the bible is written by men doesn’t it amazes you that things that has happened and still happening now correlate with the scripture? Even the Muslim quaran highlighted things that has happened so y’all with the narrative of all these religion jumbo talks are only virtue signaling and consoling your self because deep within you there’s a conflict.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ContinuousTortu: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
IgOga:
Sadly Satan has taken over the church of England. The book of Jude was written specifically to address these children of perdition wearing Cossack
cassock, you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by ContinuousTortu: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
This is why I prefer my Amadioha!..... think of this madness and u go collect immediately
ASAP
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Robinmido(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
I understand but their ancestors that brought the Christianity frowned at same sex. So it is this generation that decided to misbehave
Starhearts:

Shey no be 4rm diz white pple bible u take read d story of sodom and Gomorrah

Naa dem give u Christianity wey u dey practice now

U can't knw pass dem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Abrahamweb(m): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Simeony007:
The church is been side lined gradually. Recently we read a news that they signed same sex marriage in churches not today this news.

This are the real signs of end time
See another one.
Na their religion,they are the one to tell you when end time go happen

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by busomma: 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Church is about collapsing on its own weight. Obviously, there's nothing like Supreme being as it has been church teachings for centuries.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:

https://www.pulse.com.gh/news/filla/church-of-england-launches-project-to-stop-referring-to-god-as-he-him-and-our-father/4l1pmx3.amp

Even as someone who doesn't believe this makes no sense. The Bible clearly uses he, him and father to address the god. Maybe it's time they admit it's all just a fairytale.

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by leetylee: 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
BnQoyyim:
I wonder why the"holy Bibles" wouldn't be a yardstick to define this religion.
I am amazed as to why the Christendom happened to be a multifaceted religion with different notions beyond required.

Roman Catholic bible has number of 73 books and the Protestant has 66, which one is reduced and which has increased?

This is as the result of Protestant church which argues that the added number of books isn’t necessary as they are just stories which was written as extra, it was considered a myth. They are the canonical books though the passages are insightful and inspirational.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Neddstark: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
To all those wey dey japa, if your son chooses to súck another man's organ, there's nothing you can do about it. You will be regretting the day you entered on a plane looking for geeener pastures

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by airsaylongcome: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

African Anglicans have been regularly breaking ranks with the Church of England and the western Anglicans. Did you not see a recent viral video of Nigerian Anglicans in the US chasing away a gay priest

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by riverbird: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
This people are trying so hard to paint almighty God into what he's not.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by buzorcharles(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
I trust African Christians most especially the Nigerian Christians.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by NwokoloOwa: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pure madness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

T.B Joshua When He Was 20 Years Old (Photo) / Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.