Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' (51395 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Waywardson6: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
The same God that the same Europeans gave Africans. In this current age of vast knowledge, people are beginning to research & know the truth about religion & how it was used to control & enslave the world. Infact, una never see or hear anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
MrColdsweat:

You are called monkeys because asides eat, you cannot do anything with your hands, like monkeys.
you are just ignorant. we invented gospel, jazz, rasta, etc. IDC we are Gos's children. This babylonian system can call us whatever they want. Not everything is about money
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by aspabay(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jesus referred to God as our Father, clearly identifying him as masculine.

I don't know what has gotten over these people.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MrColdsweat: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
ogunprince18:

you are just ignorant. we invented gospel, jazz, rasta, etc. IDC we are Gos's children. This babylonian system can call us whatever they want. Not everything is about money
Read my posts properly. The whiteman is right to call you a monkey because you have hands but cannot think of a solution to solve your problems.

Till today, some of you think shouting amen can solve economic problems.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by madapcmod: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Anglican church should separate the monarchy from the church.

Just few days ago, they legalized Anglican same sex marriage, now this.

The Catholic church they broke away from has refused to ordain females, wed same sex marriage, so why is Anglican allowing the political royal family to influence it's dogma and doctrines?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Read my posts properly. The whiteman is right to call you a monkey because you have hands but cannot think of a solution to solve your problems.

Till today, some of you think shouting amen can solve economic problems.
Have they solved all of their problems? Many africans are very successful and many whites are not so that's just typical racism.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Lama70(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Goodson15:
GOD will deal with this country if they are not careful

Don't even waste your saliva. They are serving it already. People that colonized India with force, and now an Indian is now leading them by the nose as PM.

There is no bigger punishment than one's former subject becoming his boss. They are gone already.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by 1Sharon(f): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Lmaooo..... why is God referred to a HE to begin with? Does he have XY chromosomes?

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Elidrisy20: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
If dey like make dem call am OBI na there own wahala
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Kelvin3476: 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.
I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.
God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.
HIS MASCULINE SUPERIORITY TELLS ALL.
LOOK AT HOW STUPID U SOUND BY CALLING ON GOD AS " THEY " THEY WHAT ?
SHAME ON THE SPERM AND SIMP THAT PRODUCED U
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by kernniejay(m): 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Image123:
The foolishness of homosexuality the animal nature.
You are wrong. That is even an insult to the animal kingdom. Homosexuality is not in the nature of animals. You can never see a male animal mounting another male or a female mating another female animal, never!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by PrinceMajestic: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
siofra:
They are right though.

I've always thought it's misogynistic to refer to God as HE.

God should be THEY. God doesn't have a gender.
Christians are crazy! We always said it that the Devilish religion is Christianity while Islam is the antidote that checkmates it's evil activities. Gradually the world will finally see what Christianity is. Just last week it was Pope wailing on behalf of gay people to be accepted. Lol, devils exposed!
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by 1Sharon(f): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
Inception:
The last true religion is now Islam.

And this is coming from me, a Christian.

Gentlemen, the war against men has taken a new dimension.

Well. Let them finish what they have started.

When God was referred to as a woman you didn't say it was a war against women abi?

You cannot be more religious than the people that gave you the religion
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by PrinceMajestic: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
Simeony007:
The church is been side lined gradually. Recently we read a news that they signed same sex marriage in churches not today this news.

This are the real signs of end time
nothing new, with time you will know those who run Christianity and I think we're in the time already. Let me give you clue: browse about why Pope bows and kisses the hands of men like David Rockefeller, John Rothschild, Henry Kissinger
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by BreakingNews21: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
This news from a few days ago had me smh.

Pope, Anglican, Presbyterian leaders denounce anti-gay laws

The three Christian leaders spoke out on LGBTQ rights during an unprecedented joint airborne news conference.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/05/pope-anglican-presbyterian-anti-gay-laws-00081244
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Iceberg3: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
This is what happens when woman are placed in positions!!!!!!

Adam was alone in the garden of Eden and there was no problem.
Eve showed up and the next thing,na snake follow am grin grin grin
Now these women have succeeded in becoming bishops, reverends and the same snake has told them again that the most high should......

This is what happens when abominations are placed in positions!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by CodeTemplar: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
Creation was a spiritual phenomenon. It was formation that went awry for those LGBT folks. Throughout the bible, spiritual bondage, imprisonment, oppressions, pits, sales and death was inferred but never spiritual deformity. Confused lots. God is a He.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by MrColdsweat: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
kernniejay:

You are wrong. That is even an insult to the animal kingdom. Homosexuality is not in the nature of animals. You can never see a male animal mounting another male or a female mating another female animal, never!
Bonobos and hyenas are homosexuals.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by biafranrealson: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Time for god to show himself so that all man will know the right way to follow.
Has been hiding for soo long
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Yankee101: 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
I hope Nigerian Anglican Church go seperate
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by izubext007: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
every tire me
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by chysam: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Stop ranting
If they didn't tell you about Jesus and Jewish god,will you know they believe in anything like that?
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by kellybently(m): 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
The church of England has allowed herself to be used against moral ethics and holy doctrine by end-time agents of doom, too bad for the sensible ones amongst them.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by freemanq(m): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bad people everywhere
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Bioko2: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Kelvin3476: 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
White people always evolving. . . .Black people always revolving. grin
WHERE IS EVOLSION IN THIS SHIT ?

U MORONS WILL JUST WAKE UP TO TALK SHIT.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by seunayantokun(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
Their sickness, their madness. They can't teach us our culture and how we serve God. It gladdens my heart that the Nigeria communion of the Anglican Church decided not to embrace their Sodom and Gomorrah malady.

With this one, they are further a step in the hell direction. I don't know how else you want me to refer to God if Jesus has taught me to address Him as 'my Father in heaven' (Matthew 6:9). Their self-inflicted illness shall not be our portion in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by HoneySwag(f): 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
You people are quick to point out that they're trying to bring down Christianity, you didn't see the fact that using the words; He, Him or Our are just words that makes communication understandable.

Now this should be our focus that using those words to describe God doesn't mean we're tagging God to be male, the purpose is to avoid repetition. Just the way people call our names, and use those pronouns instead of repeating your name.
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Senator777: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
FarmTech:
Their madness is now beyond repair. I will not be suprise if Africa follows their pattern. Satan will always place his men/women in top positions in churches before he takes over. To every Christian know this: Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. Put your trust on Christ alone, not your pastor. Hebrews 12:2.

Correct. This remind me the Lord's Prayer ' Our Father who art in heaven....
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Samunique(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Babyboyforeal:
who wrote the Bible that u are quoting?
Pls tell me who wrote it !
Re: Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' by Kelvin3476: 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
God shouldn't be Gender ... I refer to God as "It"

E.g Almighty God of the Universe and Everything Therein Itself .....

God is not a Man! ... God is a Scientist not an Abracadabra! ....

The Sciences Unknown to Human Knowledge Sphere is Referred to as "Spiritualism" ...

Once Spiritualism get Debunked(Interpreted to Human Mental/Logical Sphere) it becomes Sciences ......

God is Never a Him But a "It" ....
let us create a man in our own image " he created adam a " he " .

calling GOD IT IS A CURSE ONTO ONES SELF, BECUS GOD IS LIVING.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Man With Anal Cancer Healed By TB Joshua's Prayer (Viewers' Discretion) / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.