Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job (28402 Views)

FG Approves Grade Level 10 as the public service entry point Of BNSc Nurses / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by BlackyOne: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2023
BIGDADDY000:

Hmm, you make me laugh 😂😂, haven't you heard about slot before? My friend went for NRC, NIGERIA RAILWAY CORPORATION interview last week under senator slot, this week now he just got an appointment letter, brother mi, Federal government job it's just like a secret cult

Is this then the Nigeria that wants the best for it's citizens, secret employment for those with connections, not based on merit! How then do we get the best brains, and committed individuals to lead the change in the civil service... I weep for this country...

What is needed for Nigeria to succeed is the MPH model adopted by Singapore, Singapore gained their independence in 1965 and they grew from a third world country to a first world country and the city with the highest number of billionaires in the world.

M= Meritocracy
P= Pragmatism
H= Honesty.

Without these Nigeria will not grow and more people will continue to be poor, while less that 1% will continue to steal all it's resources.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Inosky(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2023
Manigie:
With an ND, that's your correct grade level... Conhess is used for health workers.
So while ND holders start on Grade 6 in other places, in the health system where Conhess is used, they start on Conhess 5. While Graduates in other places start on GL8, in health system it is Conhess 7.

Graduates in other places start with GL 7 not 8. GL 8 is for masters degree holders.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tonytonex(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Triangles1:
Where business man is spending money white collar job wait till month ending and they spend with calculator.

My advice is short and clear attach business with your work and thank me later.
funny but true.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tonytonex(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Where do I submit my application bros
go to CBN .
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tonytonex(m): 10:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Go to the administration office with the letter and make you feelings known to them. It could be a mistake.

Please who get agege bread make him help me, this beans wey Mynd44 give me, no wan go for my mouth
you don't need bread again na. tongue
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Gift96: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
BlackyOne:
I can't remember any or past FG CS recruiting other than the recent immigration recruitment, and as far as I know they're yet to employ, now I wonder how you got your employment?
grin grin Dey Play
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
The facts remains that not everybody can do business and personal business takes more discipline and commitment to build. If you are lazy and treat things with levity, business is not for you. Those that see business as a freedom to control their time doesn't go far in business, especially when you are building the business. You only have the leisure when the business has been established fully and you have capable hands overseeing it.

I've been self dependent as regards my income source since 2010, back when I was in the University. My most challenging years have been between 2017 and 2019, under Buhari's draconian policies that have crumbled loads of businesses. That I was able to comfortably run a business that saw me through a Bsc in the Nigerian public education system should give you a good idea as regards my discipline and prudence where business is concerned.

Still, I'm not invalidating folks who thrive on salary jobs. On the contrary, I'm even commending them. Cause God knows I cannot exercise that measure of restraint and patience. I know how toxic working environments can be, mostly even when you're working for someone who possesses a lesser academic qualification than you.

And as regards Government jobs, let's be honest for a moment, there are very few Nigerian Government institutions that pay well enough to put smiles on the faces of employees. FIRS, NNPC, CBN, EFCC, and a few others, whose employment opportunities are even restricted to the elites and their affiliations. Outside that, the Nigerian Civil Service is a colossal mess.

So I find it really fascinating when I come across ordinary Nigerians who build their lives around those kinds of "mundane" jobs.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tareq1105: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2023
Manigie:
With an ND, that's your correct grade level... Conhess is used for health workers.
So while ND holders start on Grade 6 in other places, in the health system where Conhess is used, they start on Conhess 5. While Graduates in other places start on GL8, in health system it is Conhess 7.

Gbam!

You've said it all. He's employed under Conhess (health sector salary) so he has to be one level lower. Nothing do you, no cheating. Accept it and start your career from there. Na small small you ll get to the top. However, engage in different courses like your degree and post degree courses. Do not relax.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Sirchiboy: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2023
Tonytonex:
go to CBN .
Kindly help me and submit my application.
Thank you
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Tonytonex(m): 11:06am On Feb 11, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Kindly help me and submit my application.
Thank you
how much will you pay?
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Omodua(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2023
Mandate2023:

U don't know what u r saying....HND is level 7 and Bsc is 8
Where are you from? Don't you know the BSc/HND dichotomy has been laid to rest and settled finally. By Act of Parliament, HND/BSc earns same salary and same Grade Level in civil service. They are both placed on GL 08 as freshers.

So,stop saying things you don't know. You're behind time!

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by UnfairLife7(m): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Omodua:
Where are you from? Don't you know the BSc/HND dichotomy has been laid to rest and settled finally. By Act of Parliament, HND/BSc earns same salary and same Grade Level in civil service. They are both placed on GL 08 as freshers.

So,stop saying things you don't know. You're behind time!
They are not on same level
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by UnfairLife7(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
Acesexcell:
Op I was in a situation like this about 4 years ago. No cause for alarm, just wait and apply for proper placement after 6 months of your employment. Good luck!!!
please how do you guys get these jobs?
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Laredojohn(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
Resume first,get all necessary documentation done, then you will correct it on the job trying to correct it at this stage may make you loose the job most especially if they withdraw your appointment letter for correction and sudden changes occur... employment during transition of an administration to another always full of issues
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by morakakin(m): 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
You better start first,then complain later.that is if need the job and don't want to gamble.but if your not desperate you should complain immediately.but let me tell you the truth,if you no get link and you got a f.d job you are lucky coz most of them are given slots.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by nettan: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
BlackyOne:
I can't remember any or past FG CS recruiting other than the recent immigration recruitment, and as far as I know they're yet to employ, now I wonder how you got your employment?

Na connection.. I know somebody resuming Feb 15 in the health sector. Na who you know.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by HenryWilliams(m): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mandate2023:

U don't know what u r saying....HND is level 7 and Bsc is 8
maybe for federal. State is 8. Thanks for the update
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Sebocious(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
HenryWilliams:
maybe for federal. State is 8. Thanks for the update

Very correct bro..Federal is Grade level 7, while State is grade level 8..
Nice one
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by UYEMDO35(m): 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
wethebest:
Just learn good I.T skill and be grading urself. In fact be rejecting some job offers 😋😋
Pls enlightened me more about dis I.T of a thing.... Am really interested.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
GEJTILL2019:
I submitted my CV with HND qualifications for a Federal Job, during the interviews, they said i will be employed with my diploma as a Technical Officer. But when i received my APL, I saw assistant Technical Officer on Conhess 5step 1.

Please what should i do ? I am confused now
Ur suffering just started. The same thing happened to me but mine is level 6 step 1.they ll never accept ur HND again.
Which ministry??
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
Gistcore00:
For Diploma is level 6 step 01. That's senior Technical Officer. You need to complain, it might be an error from them
Nope, its assistant Technical Officer. Till level 8, he becomes higher Technical officer
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nwadu:
As long as FG jobs are concerned there is no grade level or Salary discripancies btw HND and BSc in some parastata
Just that there is a limited level to which the HND holders can attain

For to be on the conhens means that the office is under the ministry of health or that you read a health related course.

Graduate entry for conhens starts at 7. While other Salary structures starts at 8.

This is because conhens doesn't have level 11 and 13. They jump from 10 to 12 when 12 to 14.

You were placed correctly cos you were employed with your OND.

What I would advise is that you put your ears down for when the next graduate recruitment would be, then you can tender your HND for upgrade.

You can DM me if you want a transfer of service. Regards
How can i contact you? Is it possible to transfer from Judiciary to ministry of works
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nwadu: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
akaahs:

How can i contact you? Is it possible to transfer from Judiciary to ministry of works

Zero eight one 130 seven seven 1six 7

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by integrity16(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
President2001:

Are you saying is Ssce they used for his grade?

Not SSCE, the poster said he had HND, if you are entering with SSCE then is GL03 clerical assistant cadre.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
Acesexcell:
Op I was in a situation like this about 4 years ago. No cause for alarm, just wait and apply for proper placement after 6 months of your employment. Good luck!!!
Is it in the same ministry or different from the current place??
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by akaahs(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nwadu:

Zero eight one 130 seven seven 1six 7
Is it possible to transfer from Judiciary to ministry of works??
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nwadu: 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
akaahs:

Is it possible to transfer from Judiciary to ministry of works??

Oga you can give me a call if the inquiry is important to you

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Enemyofpeace: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Tonytonex:
you don't need bread again na. tongue
I can't eat beans without bread, I will vomit the beans
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Omodua(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2023
UnfairLife7:
They are not on same level
Then Tell us why they are not on same level.

Enemy of progress!
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by vikstandon(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
HenryWilliams:

Your statement is self explanatory.
They hired you based on your qualification as Diploma..
HND would probably have put u in GL8.
Best thing is to accept the appointment, get confirmation after two years and then write for advancement..
Better still further your education past HND and get advanced to higher GL.
Or reject the offer and seek employment elsewhere

I don't seem to understand your write-up.
You said HND puts him on GL 8, but he wasn't considered for that level... Yet you advice him to accept the offer, and further so he can get well positioned.

I think he is underemployed, and that employment would not offer him opportunity for progression.

I would advice he reject the offer, let him not appear desperate. He should escalate it, if they insist on the offer... Let him respectfully reject it. Another opportunity will come.

It is not always easy to upgrade or convert, even after obtaining higher certificate in Civil Service. They prefer to give their cronies outside employment into that position than to pick someone who is already in that establishment, that has qualification for that position.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Babsolala: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
Inosky:

Graduates in other places start with GL 7 not 8. GL 8 is for masters degree holders.

Speaking of Grade Level, I think degree holders start with GL 08, while Masters degree holders start with GL 09.

Please do not argue on this because I have seen a Master degree holder's APL and it carries GL09.
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by comfort91: 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
U are very lucky.
Pls nairalander, help me. I need a job.
Nd holder
Abuja base. My family and i will forever be greatful. Thank you ma/sir. Jazakumllahu khairan.09034706238

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

774,000 Jobs: Soldiers Beat Up Applicants In Ibadan (video) / Make Money Marking Waec And Neco Scripts. / Nigeria Bottling Company Limited Fresh Job Recruitment March 2017 (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.