Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview (29933 Views)

Why I May Engage In Fight This Evening Or Tomorrow / Ordinary President Slaps Woman Who Set Her Niece On Fire During An Interview / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by elonmuskbaby: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
grin
Treassured:

I absolutely agree with you.

Imagine!!! And he will also claim he Is educated .

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by elonmuskbaby: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
G00DHardDick:
OP, understand that Nigerians are angry and any Rubbish you'll be treated accordingly. I must say you're lucky you came back alive.

Change u should have quietly Collected and go your way, you rush go hold his shirt like a woman.
he obviously lacks emotional intelligence grin

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by elonmuskbaby: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
grin
anthonyuncle:
you didn't behave in a civilized way, so you got the primitive treatment
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by ola9ja(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
So sorry about your experience, it wasn't a funny one, I can relate.

Next time whenever you are going out for something more important than always avoid confrontations, its the devils tool to rob you of your desired breakthrough.

Always seek the consent of the holy spirit before you take any decision, it is that simple,

Just say....... Holy spirit take control and listen to your inner thoughts quietly, you will get the answer to what you should have done about that situation. Its been working for me and it will work for you too.

God bless you.

Onedayoneday:
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview.

As an applicant without a kobo, I had to kneel down begging a neighbour before he borrowed me 1k to enable me pay my way. The transport fare to and from was to gulp N400 or more.

My in and out was just the 1k. In fact, my feeding was also inside the 1k - everything. So it was a priceless 1k that every kobo was very important.

Early in the morning, I heard people arguimg over the deadline for new naira notes. People refused to collect the old naira notes.

So I boarded a bus with the N1000 note which I paid to the conductor. My transport fare was N100. When I came down, the conductor gave me new N500 note and two old N200 notes, making it N900. I refused to collect the old N200 notes. He insisted he didnt have new naira notes to change for me. Argument ensued as I refused to collect the old notes.

Like I said, that was the only money with me. So I didnt want to take any chances of collecting old notes that I will later not be able to use. So in the midst of the argument, he wanted to move and leave, I tried to stop him by gently holding his t-shirt. I didnt know his polo shirt was that soft. Unluckily for me, the polo got torn.

That was how war was declared. The conductor and the driver descended on me. They first targeted at tearing my shirt too despite showing remorsefulness over getting his shirt torn. Not once, not twice, they kept tearing my shirt till at some point, I put a resistance. Of course that couldn't be without a fight. I won't lie, those guys dealt with me. Two agbero hands descending on one non-agbero hand. Before people could intervene, they tore my shirt and a part of my trouser, gave me serious bruises, got me so dirty and stopped me from attending the interview.

I went back home like a mad man.

A very sad day for me.

May God help and bless me with a well-paid job.

The struggle continues!!!

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by fetrillion(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview.

As an applicant without a kobo, I had to kneel down begging a neighbour before he borrowed me 1k to enable me pay my way. The transport fare to and from was to gulp N400 or more.

My in and out was just the 1k. In fact, my feeding was also inside the 1k - everything. So it was a priceless 1k that every kobo was very important.

Early in the morning, I heard people arguimg over the deadline for new naira notes. People refused to collect the old naira notes.

So I boarded a bus with the N1000 note which I paid to the conductor. My transport fare was N100. When I came down, the conductor gave me new N500 note and two old N200 notes, making it N900. I refused to collect the old N200 notes. He insisted he didnt have new naira notes to change for me. Argument ensued as I refused to collect the old notes.

Like I said, that was the only money with me. So I didnt want to take any chances of collecting old notes that I will later not be able to use. So in the midst of the argument, he wanted to move and leave, I tried to stop him by gently holding his t-shirt. I didnt know his polo shirt was that soft. Unluckily for me, the polo got torn.

That was how war was declared. The conductor and the driver descended on me. They first targeted at tearing my shirt too despite showing remorsefulness over getting his shirt torn. Not once, not twice, they kept tearing my shirt till at some point, I put a resistance. Of course that couldn't be without a fight. I won't lie, those guys dealt with me. Two agbero hands descending on one non-agbero hand. Before people could intervene, they tore my shirt and a part of my trouser, gave me serious bruises, got me so dirty and stopped me from attending the interview.

A very sad day for me.

At times, it's better to be alive and be guilty than to die innocently.

Next time Op,always try to avoid trouble.
Don't always claim right most especially with thugs!
Don't claim right with armed uniform men on the highway!
At times, it's better to be alive and be guilty than to die innocently
You just missed a chance of getting employed.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Maysdevices(f): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
Richy4:
That would have been avoided assuming the bus drivers have Point Of Sales machine POS.. U can't have a cashless society without that....

With that, u have the choice to pay with cash or your debit/ credit card.. Since u are sceptical about the old naira note, All u do is tap in your 4digits..... It's that simple.. the world is a beautiful place with good administration and enlightenment..
Person wey beg, borrow 1k to comot naim you dey tell about 4digits and debit card

You funny

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Maysdevices(f): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
brain54:

You go like long thing o…
Very annoying person 😂😂😂
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Maysdevices(f): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
Some forces want to make you jobless .. Go back to the interview on Monday..
If Na woman now you go call her fishbrain

As Na man Na ‘forces’
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Iykenuwa(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Formularcr7:
Sorry , but I'm not sure you'll be given the job because you sounds unintelligent . You should be the one to tell the conductor that our money is still valid for now, not the other way round

Unintelligent and uninformed.

A pitiful condition
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by sacajawea: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Where is it?
What did you study? School & Grade..
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by BigDawsNet: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
stop encouraging him to fight with riffraffs by telling him to learn self defence.it doesn't end well and mind you defence doesn't necessarily work with riffraffs because many of them keep diabolical stuffs on their pockets which they can hit him with.i have seen that happen a lot of times especially in places like agege,mushin,oshodi,bariga,badira etc

I agree ...

But the truth is dat... self defense is a better way to stay alive if anyone is cut up in a difficult location

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by donproject2(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Show me any link to any official release that the deadline is no longer today? Emefiele and Buhari kept mute all through.

Court suspended the Feb. 10 deadline date and a hearing is scheduled for Feb. 15. Keep yourself updated, your life would be better.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by donproject2(m): 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
hedonido:
Y'all need to learn to let the little things slide. Especially when you have your eyes fixed on the big picture.

Someone will want to, but Lagos will call your bluff.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by sacajawea: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
I pity people that don't believe the spiritual realm and village people
Are you must talking for talking sake like Most people do, or you have Sure Proof!
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Muyiwabiggy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

Sorry for Ur loss and the beating but frankly u are stupid for even rejecting the old notes cos any intelligent Nigerian with enough experience as how things work in this country will know u need not allow the devil to pitch his tent with u by rejecting money that is still viable as a legal tender. Obviously Ur village people didn't even have to work too much on u.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by rajiedreez: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Where is it?

https://www.nairaland.com/7562324/old-naira-notes-fg-obey

Sorry, I thought I'd pasted the link
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Phyde: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Them beat you well. Are the new notes in circulation enough for you to be rejecting the old notes?
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by caandi: 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
alizma:

Where did it happened?
Drop your details, you might be lucky to find help. I pray God answer your prayers soon.
@onedayoneday. For you
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
Monaboo:
This are critical times.
This is not the time to be choosing money as there is scarcity of money.

Yesterday I went to Access bank to withdraw via ATM. NO cash. Went to the Banking Hall to use withdrawal slip. They said no cash.

I then told them I want to speak with the Branch Manager cos I want to withdraw all my money.

When I met her. I told her I want to withdraw all my money.

She said no cash. I then told her I needed cash badly. The she asked me how much I wanted to withdraw. I then told her 5k. Next thing she said was

"Will you manage 100...100 Naira Note of that amount. I quickly said Yes. At this point, they had refused people from entering the Banking hall. This was around 1pm oo. People were outside angry.

Madam went into her office and brought out OLD Notes of 100 Naira. She even said I should give her time to select the clean ones and give me. She counted about 50 pieces of old N100 Note and gave me.

I collected it. Went outside the bank. Saw crowd. Past them and moved.

I used the money to enter buses and buy foodstuffs yesterday.

Moral lesson
Even Bankers are giving out Old notes to people. Nobody is rejecting old money at this time. Infact old money now is like new money at this time. Anyone who rejects old money at this time will die of chronic hunger.

I come in peace.

Bro, in my area, they are not collecting old notes again.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Ifakiland(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

Yea don't japa, Nigeria is good. Stay and build your nation
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kobicove:
So you missed an opportunity to attend your job interview because of ordinary 400Naira

You are a very foolish person!

It's easy to call me names because you were not in my shoes.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
einsteine:

And who told you the money is valid?

Until Monday reaches and banks refuse to accept the old notes, that's when you will understand.

I'm just keeping quite. Something they have already stopped to collect.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
successman100:
The slap and all they did to you is the new note you are looking for.
Uninformed educational illiterate.
You don't make efforts to read news.
If you are not informed, you will be deformed like this.
Your damages is more than the N200

If you can still use the old note by Monday, come back and quote this comment.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Spanishmilf(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
tuns486:

Your mumu gat no equal.

Is supreme Court giving a directive to Bank or CBN?

U can see how dull you are.
who are is bank or CBN to dare disobey supreme court? Do you know what they called supreme court?
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Elonmuzk(m): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
Op, that was not a smart move at all.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by bizzibodi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
This naira swap & deadline did not shook me a bit,I know it was implemented by mad , incompetent people so is not gonna work.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by osmosis101(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
To the OP ODE NI E
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
PartnerusIsBack:

Sometimes learn to apply wisdom. It will do you real good. You borrowed money to an interview and that shows you were highly determined to better your life. Now you were heading for the interview and who knows, you might get that job which will change your life for good. You allowed the devil cut short your journey when you should have at least accepted the old naira notes that way. People are still using it so I heard from my people back home. To cut long story short, learn to avoid issues. People might say you fear a lot and acted cowardly but it will do you good. Quote this message with your account details, I am sending you 10k. Pay the person you borrowed 1k back the money. Use the remaining 9k for whatever you think is necessary. But in all, next time, please act gentlemanly. People might say you are stupid, but in it lies great wisdom.

Thank you very much sir. This your comment has a lot of sense in it. Just that those throwing insult at me failed to put themselves in my position. I have seen those who asked I send them my details but I have refused. I don't want to look like I formulated story to collect money from anybody. Thank you for this your sensible comment and I gladly accept your offer. Thank you.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Bruno3000(m): 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
hedonido:
Y'all need to learn to let the little things slide. Especially when you have your eyes fixed on the big picture.
No truer words spoken..
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
brain54:
Funny…

Not funny o my bro but common sense suppose tell am say the new naira dey scarce and many people still dey collect am.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by brain54(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
zimdante:

Not funny o my bro but common sense suppose tell am say the new naira dey scarce and many people still dey use collect am.
But then common sense is not so common…

How can you leave your destination to get a job and get into a fight because of #200.

Him village people “Riry” strong no be small.

It’s really funny!
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
brain54:

But then common sense is not so common…

How can you leave your destination to get a job and get into a fight because of #200.

Him village people “Riry” strong no be small.

It’s really funny!

My guess is, he learnt his lesson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DSS Alerts Public Of New Tactics By Fraudsters / Father Of 5 Beats His Girlfriend To Death On Her Birthday, Over Infideli / Young Man Shot Dead By Armed Cultists In Cross River State. Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.