Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview (29922 Views)

Why I May Engage In Fight This Evening Or Tomorrow / Ordinary President Slaps Woman Who Set Her Niece On Fire During An Interview / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview.

As an applicant without a kobo, I had to kneel down begging a neighbour before he borrowed me 1k to enable me pay my way. The transport fare to and from was to gulp N400 or more.

My in and out was just the 1k. In fact, my feeding was also inside the 1k - everything. So it was a priceless 1k that every kobo was very important.

Early in the morning, I heard people arguimg over the deadline for new naira notes. People refused to collect the old naira notes.

So I boarded a bus with the N1000 note which I paid to the conductor. My transport fare was N100. When I came down, the conductor gave me new N500 note and two old N200 notes, making it N900. I refused to collect the old N200 notes. He insisted he didnt have new naira notes to change for me. Argument ensued as I refused to collect the old notes.

Like I said, that was the only money with me. So I didnt want to take any chances of collecting old notes that I will later not be able to use. So in the midst of the argument, he wanted to move and leave, I tried to stop him by gently holding his t-shirt. I didnt know his polo shirt was that soft. Unluckily for me, the polo got torn.

That was how war was declared. The conductor and the driver descended on me. They first targeted at tearing my shirt too despite showing remorsefulness over getting his shirt torn. Not once, not twice, they kept tearing my shirt till at some point, I put a resistance. Of course that couldn't be without a fight. I won't lie, those guys dealt with me. Two agbero hands descending on one non-agbero hand. Before people could intervene, they tore my shirt and a part of my trouser, gave me serious bruises, got me so dirty and stopped me from attending the interview.

I went back home like a mad man.

A very sad day for me.

May God help and bless me with a well-paid job.

The struggle continues!!!

291 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by brain54(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Funny…

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by rickpat(m): 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
this country sef

NO NIGERIAN DESERVES TO GO TO HELL,NIGERIANS HAVE DONE THEIR TIME ALREADY

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Dorcmass(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
Even to walk beside road now na wahala 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Naiaja

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Nukilia: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
What a nation! You allowed a person whose life is burnt to burn your matter for you

204 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Formularcr7: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Sorry , but I'm not sure you'll be given the job because you sounds unintelligent . You should be the one to tell the conductor that our money is still valid for now, not the other way round

494 Likes 28 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Formularcr7:
Sorry , but I'm not sure you'll be given the job because you sounds unintelligent . You should be the one to tell the conductor that our money is still valid for now, not the other way round

Show me any link to any official release that the deadline is no longer today? Emefiele and Buhari kept mute all through.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by GoodCane: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
OP, understand that Nigerians are angry and any Rubbish you'll be treated accordingly. I must say you're lucky you came back alive.

Change u should have quietly Collected and go your way, you rush go hold his shirt like a woman.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by kingreign(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Formularcr7:
intelligence expert.

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by hedonido: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
Y'all need to learn to let the little things slide. Especially when you have your eyes fixed on the big picture.

330 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thunder fire APC.

Seun, Mynd44, nlfpmod, dominique

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
hedonido:
Y'all need to learn to let the little things slide. Especially when you have your eyes fixed on the big picture.

Actually but...a bird at hand is worth more than millions in the forest.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by superCleanworks(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bros you get luck say no be all these Niger Republic abokis dem for don stab you taya.

the story funny like mad grin

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by brain54(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
LetsDestroyAPC:

Some times it’s best you let go of the one at hand…

And go for the ones in the bush!

If you can’t let go of small things at times you will never get bigger/better/progress…

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by MarrisManah(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
But did you later get the new money you requested? Or you accepted the old notes plus the beating?

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by hedonido: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
LetsDestroyAPC:

Yeah, after eating the 'bird at hand' today and jeopardising your access to the forest where there are millions of birds, what happens tomorrow.. And next tomorrow.. And the day after?

Discretion always wins. Myopia and penny-wise-ness is the way of peasants.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by jaeyking(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Should I say sorry or what

Don't start what you can't finish

Your village people score goal for your head

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by anthonyuncle(m): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
you didn't behave in a civilized way, so you got the primitive treatment

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Omoyoruba101: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Formularcr7:
The guy is not a serious candidate...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by madapcmod: 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Very funny.

You lost everything

You lost the job

You collect beating

You still no collect the new 200 notes

You got torn shirt and trousers plus bruises

Wisdom is profitable to direct

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Omoyoruba101:

The guy is not a serious candidate...

How? I was only asking new notes be given to me

3 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
madapcmod:
Very funny.

You lost everything

You lost the job

You collect beating

You still no collect the new 200 notes

You got torn shirt and trousers plus bruises

Wisdom is profitable to direct

Quite sad. What applicants are going through in the country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Richy4(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
That would have been avoided assuming the bus drivers have Point Of Sales machine POS.. U can't have a cashless society without that....

With that, u have the choice to pay with cash or your debit/ credit card.. Since u are sceptical about the old naira note, All u do is tap in your 4digits..... It's that simple.. the world is a beautiful place with good administration and enlightenment..

7 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by tonymyke4life(m): 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
U definitely do not deserve the job. Whenever you are going for an important appointment like interview, ur going is more important than coming back. You Shud have collected the money first, go for your interview then when coming back you can decide to fight whosoever u meet on the street. You were you own problem and you ended up shooting yourself on the leg. You were given the new #500. At least that would have brought you home comfortably, and you can sort yourself out later when you get to your area. As a man, skipping just a meal won't kill u. You were just not disciplined enough to be focused on attending the interview and avoiding distractions. The devil works in mysterious ways buh u decided to open the door to perform his wonders in your life. Better luck next time.

211 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by RenaissanceGuy: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
gringrin Even after the Supreme Court 'extended' it till 15th??

8 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Rexymania(m): 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hmmm me o, I will leave them and spend the money to someone else

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Richy4:
That would have been avoided assuming the bus drivers have Point Of Sales machine POS.. U can't have a cashless society without that....

With that, u have the choice to pay with cash or your debit/ credit card.. Since u are sceptical about the old naira note, All u do is tap in your 4digits..... It's that simple.. the world is a beautiful place with good administration and enlightenment..

POS? Is it not when you have money in your account. I said I begged to borrow the 1k from a neighbour

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Onedayoneday: 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
tonymyke4life:
U definitely do not deserve the job. Whenever you are going for an important appointment like interview, ur going is more important than coming back. You Shud have collected the money first, go for your interview then when coming back you can decide to fight whosoever u meet on the street. You were you own problem and you ended up shooting yourself on the leg. You were given the new #500. At least that would have brought you home comfortably, and you can sort yourself out later when you get to your area. As a man, skipping just a meal won't kill u. You were just not disciplined enough to be focused on attending the interview and avoiding distractions. The devil works in mysterious ways buh u decided to open the door to perform his wonders in your life. Better luck next time.

Thank you for the ending part.

I didn't imagine things going that way.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Richy4(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Onedayoneday:

POS? Is it not when you have money in your account. I said I begged to borrow the 1k from a neighbour

The neighbour can always ask what your account number was..He/she can transfer that 1000K into your account...
At the pay point, u majestically bring out your debit card... Tap in your 4digit numbers..It will just withdraw #100 from your account balance... It's not difficult Baba smiley.. just something everyone should have been used to by now..And your shirt would have been intact

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by brain54(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Richy4:

The neighbour can always ask what your account number was..He/she can transfer that 1000K into your account...
At the pay point, u majestically bring out your debit card... Tap in your 4digit numbers..It will just withdraw #100 from your account balance... It's not difficult Baba smiley.. just something everyone should have been used to by now..And your shirt would have been intact
You go like long thing o…

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by blaquebelle: 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Poverty just decided to hold you. Sorry. It will get better.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Spanishmilf(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Show me any link to any official release that the deadline is no longer today? Emefiele and Buhari kept mute all through.
you are not smart
Supreme court alread extend the deadline
Are you not social?

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gunmen In Ka-Bori Kill Female Poly Student, One Other In Rivers State / I Went Into Robbery To Meet Up With My Girlfriend's Demand - 17-Year-Old Suspect / Man That Broke Electronic Shop In Owerri Beaten & Stripped Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.