Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview (30051 Views)

Why I May Engage In Fight This Evening Or Tomorrow / Ordinary President Slaps Woman Who Set Her Niece On Fire During An Interview / RRS Officers Administer First Aid Treatment To Two Hawkers Who Got Into A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Abezol4jah(m): 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
Please gett a copy of Nappleon Hill book entitled Sixteen Laws of Successful People. It will help you to know appropriate response when you're provoked.
One more thing, go and read about best worst analysis by ben Carson. Before you look for a job, work on your character. Above all, pray incessantly and God will help you.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Moneyxpress: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview.

As an applicant without a kobo, I had to kneel down begging a neighbour before he borrowed me 1k to enable me pay my way. The transport fare to and from was to gulp N400 or more.

My in and out was just the 1k. In fact, my feeding was also inside the 1k - everything. So it was a priceless 1k that every kobo was very important.

Early in the morning, I heard people arguimg over the deadline for new naira notes. People refused to collect the old naira notes.

So I boarded a bus with the N1000 note which I paid to the conductor. My transport fare was N100. When I came down, the conductor gave me new N500 note and two old N200 notes, making it N900. I refused to collect the old N200 notes. He insisted he didnt have new naira notes to change for me. Argument ensued as I refused to collect the old notes.

Like I said, that was the only money with me. So I didnt want to take any chances of collecting old notes that I will later not be able to use. So in the midst of the argument, he wanted to move and leave, I tried to stop him by gently holding his t-shirt. I didnt know his polo shirt was that soft. Unluckily for me, the polo got torn.

That was how war was declared. The conductor and the driver descended on me. They first targeted at tearing my shirt too despite showing remorsefulness over getting his shirt torn. Not once, not twice, they kept tearing my shirt till at some point, I put a resistance. Of course that couldn't be without a fight. I won't lie, those guys dealt with me. Two agbero hands descending on one non-agbero hand. Before people could intervene, they tore my shirt and a part of my trouser, gave me serious bruises, got me so dirty and stopped me from attending the interview.

I went back home like a mad man.

A very sad day for me.

May God help and bless me with a well-paid job.

The struggle continues!!!

what did you study?
what's your location?
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by FavouredNK: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview.

As an applicant without a kobo, I had to kneel down begging a neighbour before he borrowed me 1k to enable me pay my way. The transport fare to and from was to gulp N400 or more.

My in and out was just the 1k. In fact, my feeding was also inside the 1k - everything. So it was a priceless 1k that every kobo was very important.

Early in the morning, I heard people arguimg over the deadline for new naira notes. People refused to collect the old naira notes.

So I boarded a bus with the N1000 note which I paid to the conductor. My transport fare was N100. When I came down, the conductor gave me new N500 note and two old N200 notes, making it N900. I refused to collect the old N200 notes. He insisted he didnt have new naira notes to change for me. Argument ensued as I refused to collect the old notes.

Like I said, that was the only money with me. So I didnt want to take any chances of collecting old notes that I will later not be able to use. So in the midst of the argument, he wanted to move and leave, I tried to stop him by gently holding his t-shirt. I didnt know his polo shirt was that soft. Unluckily for me, the polo got torn.

That was how war was declared. The conductor and the driver descended on me. They first targeted at tearing my shirt too despite showing remorsefulness over getting his shirt torn. Not once, not twice, they kept tearing my shirt till at some point, I put a resistance. Of course that couldn't be without a fight. I won't lie, those guys dealt with me. Two agbero hands descending on one non-agbero hand. Before people could intervene, they tore my shirt and a part of my trouser, gave me serious bruises, got me so dirty and stopped me from attending the interview.

A very sad day for me.

I actually thought that your main focus would have been on the main objective which would been ensuring to attend the interview and securing the job ahead of you. That way you would have tried everything possible to overcome any form of temptation that wants to pose as an obstacle on your way to success.
You still had #500 new note with you alongside the old notes which was an assurance that you will still be able to pay for your transportation to and fro, moreso who knows if other drivers would have accepted the old notes from you subsequently. But you were more focused on remaining enough balance of new notes for your feeding later which explains more which one was more important to you. Honestly fighting conductors would have been the last thing on your mind if you were really a futuristic person but all the same, you have learnt your bitter lesson. So keep struggling as you seems to enjoy it. #Struggle continues "
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Undisputed13: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Life is spiritual...many will see this story and say it's because of new naira note.

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Oduduwa707: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

How? I was only asking new notes be given to me

Werey, you still dey argue. undecided
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by buzorcharles(m): 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hahahahahhah u no get sense. Interview way suppose change ur life. Go to interview first las Las u will get home anyhow
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by odinga1of: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy OP sorry o.....next time collect the old money flee.........after the interview.

Decide what to do next.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by hardbody: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Veezy4u:
wisdom is like Cynthia if you no like am someone will run n grab her. Las las we acknowledge supreme court but na dem de collect New or old notes? If you no collect na your business moreover deadline is 10th. This would have been a fantastic thing but the execution of this policy is a shame cos after suffering you will still suffer. Chess no be for who move 1st

True. Courts will give you judgement but not peace of mind. People should know this simple truth
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Parrot69: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
anthonyuncle:
you didn't behave in a civilized way, so you got the primitive treatment
So, what should he had done?
Talk is cheap for you folks.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Parrot69: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

POS? Is it not when you have money in your account. I said I begged to borrow the 1k from a neighbour
The conductor sized you up and messed with you. Hit the Gym and be ruthlessly mean so people will accord you the respect you deserve. If you can make the Gym, do work out in your house when less busy.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by spartachico(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
THIS IS SUPER STORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by kelspinall(m): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
lead us not into temptation...

God please guide and protect me

God am in your hands

and lastly

letting go and overlooking things are all important..

sorry boss,next time pray before leaving and also learn to overlook things...it matters

hope you got a better job
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by mokane28: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Most NairaLanders are not smart, i expected a lot of NairaLanders to decode that this ODE of an OP just want to follow the recent trend of people scripting pity stories in order for NairaLanders to start asking him for account number to send him money, now he hit a tipper lorry filled with sand as everyone is blaming him and not feeling pity for him, my verdict is nothing of such happened, he just crafted a fake story to get pity from NairaLanders so they will start sending money to him

2 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by mokane28: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Most NairaLanders are not smart, i expected a lot of NairaLanders to decode that this ODE of an OP just want to follow the recent trend of people scripting pity stories in order for NairaLanders to start asking him for account number to send him money, now he hit a tipper lorry filled with sand as everyone is blaming him and not feeling pity for him, my verdict is nothing of such happened, he just crafted a fake story to get pity from NairaLanders so they will start sending money to him
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Isabi4lov: 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
I don't believe this story of yours undecided
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by brutal1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Bro you will be fine, better job opportunities will come and this will be a story you wilk share with alot of smiles of Joy. You didnt do anything bad at all, na d country. The way some people are supporting the ill policy, praising Emefiele and Buahri makes one ask if they are sane. They are disconnected from reality , they dont know how we feel or what we pass through. They labelled every complainer a Tinubu urchins even though they are experiencing the same problem but their political affiliation has blinded their reasoning. You will be fine, let the thing go and move on. Na good news dey end ds kind story.
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by EmekaBlue(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
Make una help am

Eno easy
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Codes151(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na so devil d work. You should hv ignored.
Besides, get updates

Old naira is still accepted
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by dyera(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
emerged01:
Chai! I dont know when I started laughing.

The fact that he was fighting for new N200 note when he is due to attend an interview in a few hours is extremely hilarious.

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by obidaddy: 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

POS? Is it not when you have money in your account. I said I begged to borrow the 1k from a neighbour

Bros you made a big mistake, infact on reading your story, i prayed God to protect & give me wisdom over the devices of the enemy.

What was ahead (the job) is greater than #400 naira. Hope you have learnt a lesson from this?

Sometimes you just overlook some trivial things, because of big things ahead. May God help us all.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by damoobaba: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

Continue blaming Tinubu. Buhari is not wrong
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by dyera(m): 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
mokane28:

Is it not the Nairalanders that have money to give that will send money to him?
Why are you trying to block them from doing so.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by OlawaleBammie: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

The 1k u gave was it new note or old, if it's new I blame u partially, but if it's old then u re the architect of Ur misfortune...

U r here rejecting old note, how many new note are u seeing in circulation??

I am very sure u re one of the obidient carrying this whole issue on head and blowing it out of proportion...if u re one then good for u, at least u used Ur hand and hatred to do ursef..

One by one Una go collect
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by damoobaba: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Lol, because d conductor na CBN
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by dyera(m): 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

You get luck say I no meet una for road, I for join them beat you. How can you be rejecting old Naira notes at this time.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Ayowumie(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:
Based on tips, I had to attend an interview today. The information was that if I am shortlisted, I will start work latest first week of March. So I was very happy and ready to do anything to attend the interview...

A very sad day for me.

I'm sorry for what happened to you. It's easier to say that you could have done better; you reacted based on your circumstances. It's not entirely your faults.

Incase you see this message, please try to send me a DM. I have something for you to pay back the loan you collected.
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by OlawaleBammie: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

Show me any link to any official release that the deadline is no longer today? Emefiele and Buhari kept mute all through.

This morning I still use the money to eat and I received change of old note as well, no one even talked about old or new
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
Lamanii22:

Jesus Christ, you shouldn’t have done that… some people are still collecting the old notes na, in fact we are still receiving it, I still gave a man 10k old notes this morning….

I’m really sorry about what you went through… aboki people would still collect it even after deadline.. they are the top people in Nigeria…
he also loss the nice Christmas shirt and trouser his mum bought him.
The young man lost in all fronts

I just hope and pray he was not putting on the more costly Christmas jacket as well while fighting the low life

1 Like

Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by arantess: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

See as devil carry you handicap as you no wan use your head..
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by Pejah97: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
Very funny this is a case of bitten more than chewing
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by GeneralBuhari: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Onedayoneday:

A very sad day for me.

While asking God to bless you with a well paid job, remember to also ask God to bless you with some SENSE. lipsrsealed
Re: I Got Into A Messy Fight This Morning Going For An Interview by emerged01(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
dyera:

The fact that he was fighting for new N200 note when he is due to attend an interview in a few hours is extremely hilarious.
I laughed because it almost happened me too. It happened after my interview in US embassy. I was filled with anger because I knew I bleeped up during the interview.
While I was a going to the nearest bus stop a dispatch rider almost hitted me. With the anger in me,I knocked the helmet and the guy turned back,that was how we almost exchanged blows. Luckily,OP Mesa arrived on time to settle us and told other stupid dispatcher riders to go their ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video Shows How Okorocha Was Attacked By Uzodimma's Men / Tips To Help You Stay Safe From Getting Killed Or Kidnapped / Usman, Abubakar, Auwalu Arrested With 1,144 ATM Cards At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.