Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes (43577 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by loswhite(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.
Do you have like abroad life here? Do you have constant pos dispute ? Do you have high transfer failure abroad? Do you have 70% poor ppl in abroad. Don't ever mention like abroad in this place again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by OlujobaSamuel: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2023
APCHaram:

Fool, I have over 50k hanging in the name of transfer for purchase of petty items and was forced to pay twice either with another bank transfer or with new notes I bought for 1k for 10k notes.

And FYI, even when I get a reversal , the thieving banks never refund the cost incurred in using their useless app.

Is that not flat out robbery ?
I just bought a goods worth 400k with transfer, seller no see after 1hr, I pleaded to have a bag of it but he declined, he said I should pay for it, I understood his reasons, I have to pay less than 10k to another account which he got the alert immediately.
2hrs already, the first transfer is still hanging.
Imagine sey na money for food I transferred

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Why not print enough notes before he give a deadline date?
Why they made a secondary dropout the cbn governor?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by uvie66: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2023
......and who is the chairman of the Minting company

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by josilcool(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Why collecting the old note in the first place? This is pure evil..

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by daywatcher: 10:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Emefiele has taken politics of hatred and bitterness to a new level

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by BeanX(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Worst CBN governor ever, sanusi and soludo were better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
If the cbn governor was a core northerner person, Igbos would have been shouting everywhere that if it was their man it would have been smooth ride.

Now its their man fuccking up the country.

All nigerians are the same.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by FireUpNow(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Vote buyers can buy votes with US dollars, British Pounds and Euro, so what's the point of redesigning the naira notes. It's a failed policy already
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Major77: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
OK no papers abi and u keep quite to stop the old notes immideatly .bad leaders every where
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by miketayo(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

But YOU claim to know how it works
So that was just mouth?

but I just told you what to do. I'm lost here
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by omonnakoda: 10:38am On Feb 11, 2023
FireUpNow:
Vote buyers can buy votes with US dollars, British Pounds and Euro, so what's the point of redesigning the naira notes. It's a failed policy already
Even CFA
Before this CFA Is used in border communities,and bandits take it for ransom
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by omonnakoda: 10:39am On Feb 11, 2023
miketayo:

but I just told you what to do. I'm lost here
j
So on don't know after all
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by FireUpNow(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Even CFA
Before this CFA Is used in border communities,and bandits take it for ransom

The CBN governor and Buhari with Cabals are myopic. They are just suffering the masses for nothing
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by owunabastard: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.
fool, like abroad kill you there, where is the seamless network to do that. Yesterday I could not do transfer with my GTB app

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by loooozeem: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abrioad.

Which country in abroad and how many are they.

Please, tell us
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2023
daywatcher:
Emefiele has taken politics of hatred and bitterness to a new level

No politics in it.
I think he tried to create atmosphere to stimulate cashless policy on larger scale.
But his plan got many k-legs. Even we dont have stable internet.

His boss at presidency also failed to do their job well.
Why they approve such?
There is no way you blame him and you will not blame presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2023
Apc oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Where is our money?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Sermwell(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Whoever believes that naira swap will curb vote buying is myopic.

Because it is not only money that can be used to buy vote

Naira is not the only currency that politicians can use to buy vote. They use dollar also.
Have you seen politicians giving dollars to the masses on the streets to buy thier votes in a general election? Dollars can only be used to buy delegates in primary elections!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2023
Dybala11:

Too many daft people on this forum.
Think before you type at least.
What will be the fate of uneducated people in villages all around the country??
Should they revert back to the age of using cowries as a means of trading??
A policy like this requires for proper implementation in a country like Nigeria. There has been several cases of people doing online transaction without the beneficiaries getting credited even though money was deducted from the account of those that made the transaction and till date there's no reversal of the money removed. A policy like this should have been in effect for a long time irrespective of the reasons for it. Learn to think like the supposed educated fellow you are.

Most Nigerians are too quick to react violently to almost anything and everything.

That young man simply spelt out the exact intents behind the policy, and went ahead to suggest that Nigerians should be retrospective enough to try embracing it, despite the difficulties. A view I have long had and tried to put across to others.

And the best you can do is come here to spill bile with aggressive comments. You folks need to calm down! We're all in this together, as the ordinary Nigerians that we are. It's sickening that those predators make detrimental policies and instead of building our collective understanding to resist and stand up to them, we rather fight amongst ourselves.

How far na?!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2023
So what happened to the companies printing the old notes?
Has Buhari chased them out of the country with his bad policies. undecided
This country does not have any plan for it's citizens. Yet they say Nigerians should not jaapa out of the country. angry
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2023
christistruth01:
We knew this was coming from Emeifele

It is part of his deliberate attempt to destroy the Economy

If Emefiele knew there was no Paper to Print new notes why was be insisting on the

Feb 10 deadline

It's just the untold hardships that have befallen the Nigerian masses because of some senseless power play within the ranks of the ruling party that is paining me the most!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by mycar: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2023
Moh247:

Then why exactly is he the most visited by the diplomatic community out of all the candidate

How come as a vocal opposition PDP couldn't prosecute him for 16 years and counting
no be Nigeria we dey
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Menclothing: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2023
The most useless CBN governor in history of Nigeria

History will not forget you

This will lead to post election economy crises and people who are praise u will feel the heat when you will have japa with ur family

No nation do this if someone have excess cash arrest him stop chasing shadows because u want your brother okowa in power
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:50am On Feb 11, 2023
CBN should return old notes till they print the new notes.
So they can be withdrawing the cash from the circulation bit by bit.

Apc, where is our money?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Tareq1105: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Emefiele is just playing games

One thing am certain about President Bola Ahmed Tinubu would do after May 29 is go after all Economic saboteur

Many people would join Bode George in exile

Imagine the bogus amount spent by Buhari and Emefiele to recolour the Naira notes just bcoz of Tinubu. Now they're saying there's no enough paper to print more Naira notes. It's like that bcoz the intention was wickedness against Tinubu. You'll never get enough paper. Now, everybody would see the first quarter inflation rate and GDP when released by Bureau of Statistics. Buhari is indeed a Fulani man who can put fire in a farmland bcoz of a rat.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Moh247: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Tareq1105:

Imagine the bogus amount spent by Buhari and Emefiele to recolour the Naira notes just bcoz of Tinubu. Now they're saying there's no enough paper to print more Naira notes. It's like that bcoz the intention was wickedness against Tinubu. You'll never get enough paper. Now, everybody would see the first quarter inflation rate and GDP when released by Bureau of Statistics. Buhari is indeed a Fulani man who can put fire in a farmland bcoz of a rat.

Sadly they are dealing with a man smarter than them
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by juman(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2023
The presidency approved this changing of money plan.
You should remember that.

Blame the presidency and apc as well.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by eldoradoxx: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2023
Guess who is the MD of Nigerian Minting and Printing that is responsible for printing the naira notes for CBN? Aisha Buhari's immediate brother, same father, same mother. Those of you preparing to vote APC should think again. Vote Tinubu, and he makes his son Seyi MD, vote Atiku, it is one of his side chicks that will mint your naira. Obi won't give printing of your currency to family and friends as a means of settling them, it is a very sensitive position that is not meant for settling people.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by eldoradoxx: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2023
Tareq1105:

Why are Tinubu 's supporters jittery about the naira redesign policy. Are you guys not directly confirming what people suspect, that Tinubu is so unpopular that he plans to buy votes with old naira he has stashed somewhere. New or old naira notes, let Tinubu bring it, people are planning to eat his money and vote against him. People should not be buying votes in 21st century world, it's unheard of
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by SmartyPants(m): 10:59am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Go back and read what you quoted slowly
Comprehend it and then apologise
You are living up to your name

You are not very bright
There is no limit to the Number of transactions assuming your misplaced assertion is right
There can only be a limit PER TRANSACTION
There is no limit to the number of people a politician can send to market with cash
Or the number of times in one day or the number of markets
Wike in Rivers state has thousands of Assistants

You are quite silly.

So a politician will gather thousands of people to collect money to go and buy rice and oil from the same person or persons without exposing himself to the authorities?

Do you reason at all?

And to you a governor hiring people is the same thing? Is it not obvious that Wike used the machinery of the state - which is not available to the preside tial candidates?

Moreover did I say there is no way to circumvent the regulations at all? Or i pointed out that the assertion that one can convert massive amou ts of cash into goods legally is false?

Don't be a silly attention seeker all the time.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:59am On Feb 11, 2023
Mitsurugi:

It's like you just learnt how to use the word FOOL. It doesn't make you sound right.
shut yo damn mouth ‘fore you dropped, nigga

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.