Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Need Your Advice Romancelanders - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Your Advice Romancelanders (737 Views)

Warning To All Male Romancelanders [PICTURES] / Will Female Romancelanders Honestly Make Good Wives & Mothers? / This New Generation Of Female romancelanders Are Dumb & Ugly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
My girlfriend has a sister( not blood related but an older family friend) with whom she shares an apartment.

This sister has a boyfriend who has been subtly hitting on my girlfriend.
Few days ago, the guy finally made a bold move and invited my girlfriend for lunch .
My girlfriend asked if she could go that the guy was probably planning a surprise proposal and probably needed her to execute it.
I found this ludicrous tho but I allowed her to go so she could satisfy are curiosity.
It was at a public place .

However, the dude spent the whole time convincing my girlfriend not to inform her sister/room mate about their meeting.
My girlfriend recorded their conversation.

I told my girlfriend to inform her sister about the issue without delay and she promised to do so.
However, my girlfriend called me last night and was giving me a million and one reasons why she didn't inform her sister like we both agreed.
She said she didn't want to make her sister sad and she would tell her sometime next week when the mood is right .

I was very mad at her for going against our agreement .
I asked if she was hiding anything and she said no.

We were supposed to see today but I cancelled the plan and I told her clearly that we would only talk after she has done the right thing which is informing her sister about the scheming of the clown she calls boyfriend.

I don't give 2 fvcks about the sister and the guy tho. I'm just trying to proactively save my own relationship.

Kindly drop your 2cents please!
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by peter0071(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
cancelling the date is a bad move. there may be other reasons why she hasnt informed her sis about the boyfriend.; and i think you should give her the benefits of doubts.
Zincfingers:
My girlfriend has a sister( not blood related but an older family friend) with whom she shares an apartment.

Few days ago, the guy finally made a bold move and invited my girlfriend for lunch .
My girlfriend asked if she could go that the guy was probably planning a surprise proposal and probably needed her to execute it.
I found this ludicrous tho but I allowed her to go so she could satisfy are curiosity.

However, the dude spent the whole time convincing my girlfriend not to inform her sister/room mate about their meeting.

I told my girlfriend to inform her sister about the issue without delay and she promised to do so.
However, my girlfriend called me last night and was giving me a million and one reasons why she didn't inform her sister like we both agreed.
She said she didn't want to make her sister sad and she would tell her sometime next week when the mood is right .

We were supposed to see today but I cancelled the plan and I told her clearly that we would only talk after she he has done the right thing which is informing her sister about the scheming of the clown she calls boyfriend.

I don't give 2 fvcks about the sister and the guy tho. I'm just trying to proactively save my own relationship.

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:
cancelling the date is a bad move. there may be other reasons why she hasnt informed her sis about the boyfriend.; and i think you should give her the benefits of doubts.
But what reasons could supercede my own happiness.
Will there ever be a right time to discuss such heavy matter?
Why not do it now
I don't just understand her
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by peter0071(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
i get you that you don't understand her... but that is why you need to honor the date so that she can explain her position and clarify the matter. that's my humble opinion.

after the date, you can now be convinced if her intentions are real or fake
Zincfingers:

Why not do it now
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:
i get you that you don't understand her... but that is why you need to honor the date so that she can explain her position and clarify the matter. that's my humble opinion.

after the date, you can now be convinced if her intentions are real or fake
It's too late to honour the date bro.
I doubt I want to see her now.
Chief, what is love without respect?

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by peter0071(m): 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
my chief. i don't see the disrespect naaa... yes, you are right that she didn't do as agreed. but you need to hear her side of the story. After hearing the story, then you can now make up your mind on your next move. i know u re offended over her actions. but you may need to hear her out first. unless if you do not trust her
Zincfingers:

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Oluwasheyijossy: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zincfingers:

Just calm down bro, i know you are really upset at her, but reschedule the appointment for tomorrow, give her the benefit of doubt, draw her closer and be the matured guy you are. Be smart bro smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
peter0071:
my chief. i don't see the disrespect naaa... yes, you are right that she didn't do as agreed. but you need to hear her side of the story. After hearing the story, then you can now make up your mind on your next move. i know u re offended over her actions. but you may need to hear her out first. unless if you do not trust her
Well, the sister just left her job yesterday. She was kinda forced out of the job and she's currently jobless
My babe said she didn't want to add to her misery by confronting her with that issue now.
She said she met her sister dressing up to go to the guy's house when she got home yesterday and she didn't want to be a killjoy at that point.
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Oluwasheyijossy:
Just calm down bro, i know you are really upset at her, but reschedule the appointment for tomorrow, give her the benefit of doubt, draw her closer and be the matured guy you are. Be smart bro smiley
Alright
Thank you for your contribution

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by peter0071(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
her explanation sounds reasonable to me ( if you ask me) i strongly believe that she loves her sister and would want the best for her just as you want the best for your relationship
Zincfingers:

Well, the sister just left her job yesterday. She was kinda forced out of the job and she's currently jobless
My babe said she didn't want to add to her misery by confronting her with that issue now.
She said she met her sister dressing up to go to the guy's house when she got home yesterday and she didn't want to be a killjoy at that point.
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Queendera(f): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Sir.

I hope you understand that this might cause bad blood between the sisters though.

No be like guys wey everything can just return to normal.

Girls even though we realize that we are not the prettiest in the world, we don't want that pointed out.

The girl telling the sister is tantamount to cheating/betrayal.

Yeah, it's not her fault but it still won't take that resentment away from her sister. Most girls will feel like she has taken something away from her and so bear that grudge.

Not to talk about how she'll present her future dates to her knowing that her older sister is preferable to her suitors than herself.

My point is that there are a billion reasons why a girl or sister doesn't tell her friends or sister that their boyfriend or husband is hitting on them.

But sha, dey watch your girlfriend

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Cutehector(m): 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
I concur with Queendera on her submission.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by lanre9ja(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Her reasons are genuine but u have to be watchful of her at the same time don't keep your door open for enemies to infiltrate......
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by nicerod(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
No fuel

No money

U are talking about relationships

Mtcheww
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by frozen70(f): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zincfingers:

We were supposed to see today but I cancelled the plan and I told her clearly that we would only talk after she has done the right thing which is informing her sister about the scheming of the clown she calls boyfriend.

In the cause of saving your relationship, you may loose it

Why dud you ever consent to her going out to meet him in the first place.
What do you expect it to be

Secondly, pls don't encourage or force her to tell her sister anything, the outcome will be worst than what the two of you is acting which mad you to cancel your date with her

I think you should stop her from any form of communications and even greetings with that guy

She should cut it off to prove that she us loyal to you

Its always risky to permit your girl friend to honor an invite with the opposite sex, anything can develop

You can think about it and you guys should continue your ways

As for the other lady, let her be the one to catch her man by herself

If she is not matured to study that guy, that's her business not your babe business
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Uptheante(m): 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
What if the your girlfriend is subtly interested in the guy & she doesn't want rat on his behaviour to her sister ( his girlfriend)?🤔
Or what if he's already bleeping your babe & she can't expose the so-called phone recording to his girlfriend bcoz he has threatened to also expose his sexcapades with her? 🤔
I'm just tryna look at this issue from a different perspective.

Never trust any woman, make subtle investigation about your girl.
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Zincfingers: 4:35am On Feb 12, 2023
frozen70:

In the cause of saving your relationship, you may loose it

Why dud you ever consent to her going out to meet him in the first place.
What do you expect it to be

Secondly, pls don't encourage or force her to tell her sister anything, the outcome will be worst than what the two of you is acting which mad you to cancel your date with her

I think you should stop her from any form of communications and even greetings with that guy

She should cut it off to prove that she us loyal to you

Its always risky to permit your girl friend to honor an invite with the opposite sex, anything can develop

You can think about it and you guys should continue your ways

As for the other lady, let her be the one to catch her man by herself

If she is not matured to study that guy, that's her business not your babe business
Okay
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by frozen70(f): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2023
Zincfingers:

Okay

Thanks dear
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by zed7: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2023
Re: I Need Your Advice Romancelanders by Kobicove(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2023
Zincfingers:

Why not do it now

I will advise that you try and visit your girl more often at home especially when you're sure her sister's boyfriend will be there

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Out If Your Spouse Is Cheating Or Not | 2023 Hack! / I Am Looking For A Life Partner / Is It Proper For A Lady To Date Someone Younger Than Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.